Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31696 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by meobizy(f): 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Broke Nairalanders are likeā€¦
Gokoyer0:
I don't agree with you. The big boys and girls on Nairaland just remain silent.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mutmainneen: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Reelmii:
why should u be responsible for the school fees of three siblings wen u can't even satisfy urself...

Africa and family mentality....
You won't understand

uvie66:
Did your parents give birth to your siblings for you to cater for them ?..... the upkeep of your siblings rest squarely on the shoulder of your parents.
I understand where you are coming from. This is exactly why I don't like to talk about my predicament in public. It's just a complex situation. Here is what happened:
Mum was doing very well in her foodstuff business prior to 2012, until her container was robbed the night after she had stocked up with products. They emptied her shop. This happened shortly before my admission came through to study in the university. I remember vividly how we all sat down in the parlour confused and sad when I saw my name on the admission list online. While many of my mates were happy to have seen their names, I was wishing my name didn't come out when it did. That was how she gave up the little savings she had left for my school fees...last last the container was eventually sold for the sake of my school. Dad already lost his source of income, but before I gained admission, dad had two lands. He sold them one after the other while I was in school just to make sure I graduate. I remember resuming 200 level almost two months after resumption (missed assignments and quizzes). Though I refused to tell them why I failed to resume on time because I don't discuss my situation with people, If any of my departmental mates see this part of my post, they will know exactly who I am.
My family have tried for me o. I will always help anywhere I can, even at the expense of my own self.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by kebeb: 11:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
authority2006:

May be you should use this period to quickly acquire a skill
Yeah. Been learning mobile development with kotlin but bro, we need to feed and foot med bills.

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by lanre88(m): 12:28am On Jun 18, 2021
I tell people out of job or tired of their present jobs, try networking.

The day you make up your mind to try something different might be the day things before to turn around for good.

Networking pays alot people.

Also I supply this nationwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj5QNqGFJjg
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by mkoabiola: 12:58am On Jun 18, 2021
E no eazy na understatement
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by badbreathcure101: 3:39am On Jun 18, 2021
NetValueFX:

Use your physic knowledge well. Go into solar installation. You will thank me later.
I wanted to tell him the same thing but i say make i just lockup.no be everybody sabi use him brain. How can a physics graduate or any graduate for that matter be looking for a job when u should be the one offering others jobs.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Regex: 4:00am On Jun 18, 2021
Mutmainneen:

You won't understand

I understand where you are coming from. This is exactly why I don't like to talk about my predicament in public. It's just a complex situation. Here is what happened:
Mum was doing very well in her foodstuff business prior to 2012, until her container was robbed the night after she had stocked up with products. They emptied her shop. This happened shortly before my admission came through to study in the university. I remember vividly how we all sat down in the parlour confused and sad when I saw my name on the admission list online. While many of my mates were happy to have seen their names, I was wishing my name didn't come out when it did. That was how she gave up the little savings she had left for my school fees...last last the container was eventually sold for the sake of my school. Dad already lost his source of income, but before I gained admission, dad had two lands. He sold them one after the other while I was in school just to make sure I graduate. I remember resuming 200 level almost two months after resumption (missed assignments and quizzes). Though I refused to tell them why I failed to resume on time because I don't discuss my situation with people, If any of my departmental mates see this part of my post, they will know exactly who I am.
My family have tried for me o. I will always help anywhere I can, even at the expense of my own self.

Brother they will never understand.

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by MrOkenwa(m): 4:03am On Jun 18, 2021
NACE13:

You guys should stop all these annoying pity talks abeg. What was he thinking birthing 3 kids in a situation like this. He said he can't afford condom and now he's expecting the fourth.

Now you have 2 kids, for the sake of your sanity and dignity don't bring another child to this world. Go and get yourself nipped(vasectomy) right away if you want to keep having sex raw.

Africans and this crazy mentality of breeding like rabbits. Make una carry una cross abeg. Tueeh!

Nice one.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by dododawa1: 5:45am On Jun 18, 2021
It Will be be well
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Rukkie2: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2021
Is not easy out all,am a graduate looking for job,08064647927
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Herbephe1(m): 7:31am On Jun 18, 2021
Things are getting more difficult, recently I travelled to Edo, operating grounding and selecting engine, earning 1500 daily and spending 1k on food.sometimes when there's no work,I would spend the money I saved on food...l spent a month there and still ended up begging people to give me transport fare of 2500..

l left Yahoo because I thought it's not godly,and I can't survive without going back to it...God bless send me the helper....
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by CavemanDefuturo: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2021
We are in the streets thinking wether or not to Join bandits and UGM..
At this point, those options are looking very attractive, believe me.

Implosion is happening in slow motion right before our eyes but I guess we are all helpless.

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Orji3(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2021
I'm not a G-guy...
Na God almighty all the way.
Thanks almighty God he has been there for me.
If I tell u my own story the thread will turn to sympathy forum for me.

Take these if you care but apply your head, don't have to be greedy, firstly imagine if it's something you can endure...else, steer away.

Don't forget to help the poor.
We must survive in this country with One love

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Marayola(f): 7:53am On Jun 18, 2021
Houston17:

Sorry dear. Don't worry, all will be well.

You could also check out scholarships if you're an undergraduate. Check afterschoolafrica, opportunitydesk, Intel region( check this asap there is the Funmi something scholarship currently on. noticed lately that this website post scholarship update that are sometime not on bigger platform)
Thanks
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by sonofthunder: 8:14am On Jun 18, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.

Encourage your younger siblings to start learning skills like hair dressing, graphics design, tailoring, computer appreciation, etc

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by millionboi(m): 8:20am On Jun 18, 2021
TotoNaRubber:

Lol, u can't afford condom. Now you have to buy baby food

can u imagine
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by yosephus: 8:31am On Jun 18, 2021
ceejay1759:
Not been easy,i must tell you,especially doing business that is capital intensive. Collecting loans is very easy but paying back is another story... I've virtually become Jack of all trade just to survive in this country,regardless of my degree. Thank God for a supportive wife that helps me cut expenses making life easier for us. With 10k nowadays, you cant even buy anything tangible in the market. Its really crazy i swear. For goodness sake ,how can a sachet of water be 20naira,and a bag of water being sold for 250? Which kain country be this? God go help us. It's well

Omo! A bag of water #250? What's your location?
In Kaduna it's #120 per bag.

Sometimes it we the masses that are just being unnecessarily wicked to ourselves tbh.

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 18, 2021
yosephus:

Omo! A bag of water #250? What's your location?
In Kaduna it's #120 per bag.

Sometimes it we the masses that are just being unnecessarily wicked to ourselves tbh.
I dey owerri bro

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by rita25(f): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2021
jobless people commit crime to survive ...its not their fault but a failed goverment pushed them to extremes afterall man must survive......its a jungle out there.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Fab21: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need

I need remote jobs.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by hidee20(m): 10:42am On Jun 18, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.

You can apply for this Nigeria breweries opening https://select.alldayhr.com/job/nbplc-itf-neca-1. The stipend for the training period should be more than 16k
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by pedrilo: 10:43am On Jun 18, 2021
riverbird:
Finished services since 2019 and applied to so many job openings without success so I decided to leave my comfort zone and move to Lagos were I had no family, it's been 4 months since I moved to Lagos and to God be the glory though I haven't gotten my dream job but I currently work in a flour mill were I work as a loader with salary of 13000 per week(not a job for the weak though), am happy and still pushing for a better job, so I decided to create another source of income for myself and by the grace of God it was a success and it puts 1600 in my pocket every day.

Please an advice to whom ever wants to succeed is "never depend on any family members or uncles promises of you really want to survive.
how fa broda which job dey fetch u 1600 daily? I need such side hustle pls
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by riverbird: 10:45am On Jun 18, 2021
pedrilo:
how fa broda which job dey fetch u 1600 daily? I need such side hustle pls

Guy no be job, na small side hustle
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by pedrilo: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2021
riverbird:

Guy no be job, na small side hustle
Ok abeg give me update make I follow up.
Thanks
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by 1forall: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2021
Mutmainneen:

How so? Please, I'm Dm'ing you immediately.

It's a disclaimer. Just doing my mod job so you don't consider NL liable for whatever you experience.

However, when an anonymous person refers you to another anonymous person through a faceless forum, particularly for "spiritual assistance", you should be wary.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Kayjoshy: 11:26am On Jun 18, 2021
Jeeex.. even with the peanuts- meagre salary 30k, it has been so damn difficult !
As the first child, It has really been a pain in my arse, I have a lot of responsiblities I can't abdicate. Oh Lord, let it please You to send help to me from above.
Connect me with my destiny helper(s). I need a good job so as to save and establish businesses so as to take care of aged parents and siblings.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by emmnprince(m): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2021
Gbogbowa:
we are family of five,3 kids though expecting another because I can't afford condom always which led to pregnancy

shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Man With A Sick Baby Strips Unclad In Lagos, Over Non-Payment Of His Salary / My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / How To Give A Quick, Impromptu Speech Or Toast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.