Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly (2404 Views)

How My Father, Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua Constantly Abused Me –ajoke, Daug / What To Do When You Keep Having Bad Dreams / 13 Mfm Prayer Points To Cancel Bad Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2021
I will give you the same answer again because you are the one who is quite deceived: But you quote scriptures from that same Book and you expect the scriptures from the same Book to fight your spiritual battles, But you don't believe that the scripture from the same book under your pillow when you sleep can fight spiritual battles for you. What a joke.

Kobojunkie:
I see I'm quite deceived. Your trust and your belief ought not to be in the Book but in Hod and God alone.. He is the Spirit in His Word. God is the reason why to people can read that book and walk away believing two different things entirely... the book itself has no power and so is not different from any other book out there. undecided

So again, trying to use the book as a talisman,putting your trust and your belief in it, is akin to idol worship, making you no different from those who worship other gods- those you love to hate. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
I will give you the same answer again because you are the one who is quite deceived: But you quote scriptures from that same Book and you expect the scriptures from the same Book to fight your spiritual battles, But you don't believe that the scripture from the same book under your pillow when you sleep can fight spiritual battles for you. What a joke.

Again.... I see you are quite deceived. Your trust and your belief ought not to be in the Book but in God and God alone.. He is the Spirit in His Word. God is the reason why to people can read that book and walk away believing two different things entirely... the book itself has no power and so is not different from any other book out there. undecided

So again, trying to use the book as a talisman,putting your trust and your belief in it, is akin to idol worship, making you no different from those who worship other gods- those you love to hate. undecided

Try to carefully read and digest what you are being told so you don't keep coming up with the same meaningless retort....meaningless because it does not change the Truth of what you are being told. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThothHermes:
What's the content of your dreams?

Am being pursued in the dream
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by ThothHermes: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
Missyajoke:

Spiritual warfare requires intelligence. I suggest you look up the messages of Apostle Joshua Selman or Apostle Arome Osayi on dealing with such issues.0
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Aladdin1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
bobestman:

I can't say much on that. All will go thru their own trials. A time will come when things will begin to be clear to you. It's a personal thing. Just live right, pray more and fill yourself with the WORD
Ok.do you mean bad dreams,spiritual attack and problems are trials that a christian must go through? it does NOT add up.but thanks anyway for your time.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThothHermes:
Spiritual warfare requires intelligence. I suggest you look up the messages of Apostle Joshua Selman or Apostle Arome Osayi on dealing with such issues.0
You talk of Spiritual warfare as if it is a thing but Can a one who belongs to God Himself - one that abides under the shadow of the Almighty, quoting David here - be afflicted by demons? undecided

I am reminded here of Jesus Christ's warning in Matthew 12 vs 43 - 45. Be careful that in your warfare, you do not end up in a worse state than your beginning state please. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2021
Aladdin1:
Ok.do you mean bad dreams,spiritual attack and problems are trials that a christian must go through? it does add up.but thanks anyway for your time.
What spirits do you suppose would war against one who has been given authority over all demons and devils in Jesus Christ? undecided

Again, I am reminded here of Jesus Christ's warning in Matthew 12 vs 43 - 45. Be careful that in your warfare, you do not end up in a worse state than your beginning state please. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Aladdin1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What spirits do you suppose would war against one who has been given authority over all demons and devils in Jesus Christ? undecided

Again, I am reminded here of Jesus Christ's warning in Matthew 12 vs 43 - 45. Be careful that in your warfare, you do not end up in a worse state than your beginning state please. undecided
I mean it does not add up. but it could hold some sense.how much of God do you think you know? God is not a scientific calculator that is programmed to give fixed results.God is "SOVEREIGN". sometimes the trial of your faith worketh patience.with patience comes perfection.and thats a "virtue" found only in "sons".
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2021
Aladdin1:
I mean it does not add up. but it could hold some sense.how much of God do you think you know? God is not a scientific calculator that is programmed to give fixed results.God is "SOVEREIGN". sometimes the trial of your faith worketh patience.with patience comes perfection.and thats a "virtue" found only in "sons".
1. In suggesting that God does not give "fixed results" are you in some way insinuating that a one who belongs to God can be afflicted by demons and devils? undecided

2. The Working of patience is one thing but suggesting this is some kind of "spiritual" warfare is another thing entirely. What has darkness(demons and devils) to do with that which supposedly belongs to the light? undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Propheticdavid: 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
Always put your Bible under your pillow before you sleep. And if you don't already then also pray before you sleep.
putting bible under pillow...hahahahaha
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by bobestman(m): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
Aladdin1:
Ok.do you mean bad dreams,spiritual attack and problems are trials that a christian must go through? it does NOT add up.but thanks anyway for your time.
Trials come in different forms both spiritually and physically. Some attacks are not to hurt you but to see how you will react to overcome. Everyone who is chosen is going thru difficult time one way or the other. Some troubles are part of ancient penance. These are deep things and I will leave them in codes.

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
Missyajoke:
Then what you should do, following Jesus Christs rules on prayer mind you, is ask God for understanding of what it is the dreams are trying to tell you. undecided

If you truly belong to Him, there is no need for spiritual warfare bullsheet which means nothing where a one is of God. All you need is ask for understanding from the Father and proceed with information provided you by Him.

Some years back, I experienced something similar. I had the same nightmare for a period of a year and a half. Now, being someone who thinks nothing of enemies, I wondered how it was that every dream, day or nlght, resulted in my attempting to drive only for the car to loose control, eventually crashing , the moment I made to take the wheel. I asked a bunch of folks, religious and they too mentioned demons and all that. undecided
A friend, from back then, even suggested we call a prophetess in Nigeria but I was not amenable since I didn't believe in that nonsense even then. So for a year and a half, I struggled to find rest for my mind and my body. And it didn't help any that I was also experiencing other difficulties in my life at the time as well. But my resolve was firm that it had nothing to do with demons and all that nonsense people threw about. I mean my mother prayed and prayed but nothing. undecided
Then one day I decided to ask God what it was He was trying to tell me. I did so while taking a long drive, and in anger too. Then the chorus from a song I had heard played over the radio so many times before, started playing over and over in my mind as if the light bulbs suddenly went on in there. The answer was given me right in the lyrics of the chorus - something I had never taught of before then. And like that, I realized what the dream had been trying to tell me or warn me of. It all made sense and this from asking God a simple question in anger. undecided
That very same day, the nightmare stopped and things turned around for me beginning that very week. And from that point , I became convinced that there was indeed a consciousness out there somewhere, a God, to be found but that He was in fact listening and waiting for us to truly seek Him out beyond all of the hogwash and lies out there. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Aladdin1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
bobestman:

Trials come in different forms both spiritually and physically. Some attacks are not to hurt you but to see how you will react to overcome. Everyone who is chosen is going thru difficult time one way or the other. Some troubles are part of ancient penance. These are deep things and I will leave them in codes.
I understand.

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by bobestman(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Aladdin 1
These ones don't believe in anything spiritual. Dreams, visions and miracles are lies to them. And since they don't believe, their eyes are close and they can't see. Those who are led by the spirit of God are called sons of God(Rom 8:14). There are times your spirit will direct you thru dreams. If you have bad dreams and you get up to study and pray to overcome them, you are learning how to overcome bad dreams. It's a process.

We are in the time of the end, many will dream dreams and see visions to WARN them of what is coming. These people don't see cos they don't believe in such things.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2021
You have been fully deceived. From what you stated below, if the Bible you quote scriptures from in order to put your trust in God and God alone "includes the words of men, the words of demons and devils and also the written down Word of God Himself." So you need to know that your opinions here are yours or that of demons to let the OP keep having bad dreams.

Kobojunkie:

Your bible is simply a book that contains writings that include the words of men, the words of demons and devils and also the written down Word of God Himself.

Kobojunkie:
Again.... I see I'm quite deceived. Your trust and your belief ought not to be in the Book but in God and God alone.. He is the Spirit in His Word. God is the reason why to people can read that book and walk away believing two different things entirely... the book itself has no power and so is not different from any other book out there. undecided

Try to carefully read and digest what you are being told so you don't keep coming up with the same meaningless retort....meaningless because it does not change the Truth of what you are being told. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by triplechoice(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2021
Missyajoke:

Dreams where you see yourself being constantly chased by someone or anything is usually an indication of the presence of fear in your life. This fear has build up to a point in your subconscious mind where it is now causing stress and you have not done anything to deal with it hence the recurring dream

Look for the source of this fear in your outer life, deal with it and the dream would stop. You are not being pursued by demons neither are you under a curse.

If you feel overwhelmed by the situation and think you cannot deal with it yourself , then seek professional help from a competent practitioner who would assist you to uncover what exactly it is that is responsible for your recurring dreams and help to proffer solutions so can have your normal life back
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by judedwriter(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
As a bird in wandering, as a sparrow in flying, a curse causeless shall not come.

Yes, only sin brings curses especially from witchcraft.

But I also discovered that powerlessness at midnight also makes you an easy prey.
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by LordReed(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Missyajoke:
Am tired of having bad dreams constantly and am beginning to feel the room am staying is cursed.
Either you are always thinking bad thoughts or you are suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, do you sleep near a gen exhaust?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Missyajoke(f): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
LordReed:
Either you are always thinking bad thoughts or you are suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, do you sleep near a gen exhaust?

No but my phone is always close to me when I sleep
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Missyajoke:

If it's occuring severally then it's as a result of foundational attacks(ancestral demons/altars).
You'll need to ask certain questions about your paternal/maternal family tree.
The first step to fight against such is to be truly born again and put an end to every form of
sexual immorality.

Then you engage yourself in a fasting/prayer programme from time to time.
Which church do you attend?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

If it's occuring severally then it's as a result of foundational attacks(ancestral demons/altars).
You'll need to ask certain questions about your paternal/maternal family tree.

The first step to fight against such is to be truly born again and put an end to every form of
sexual immorality.

Then you engage yourself in a fasting/prayer programme from time to time.
Which church do you attend?
So you are declaring here that when Almighty God declared an end to generational curses in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32, which He instituted in His Old Covenant Law of Moses, He, God lied? undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you are declaring here that when Almighty God declared an end to generational curses in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32, which He instituted in His Old Covenant Law of Moses, He, God lied? undecided

What do you refer to old convenant law of Moses?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Bodydiialect57: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
judedwriter:

Yes, only sin brings curses especially from witchcraft.

But I also discovered that powerlessness at midnight also makes you an easy prey.
What do you mean by powerlessness in the night? Will the power in a person evaporates when night falls?

1 Like

Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by LordReed(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Missyajoke:

No but my phone is always close to me when I sleep

How about cell towers, any close to you?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

What do you refer to old convenant law of Moses?
God's Old Covenant Law as given through Moses to those descendants of Jacob, Law for living in the Land of Canaan, detailed in the Books of the Law of Moses ( Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) , ratified in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 6:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God's Old Covenant Law as given through Moses to those descendants of Jacob, Law for living in the Land of Canaan, detailed in the Books of the Law of Moses ( Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) , ratified in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

So if God put an end to generational curse did He put it for His chosen people Israel or He made it for gentiles at what point in time?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

So if God put an end to generational curse did He put it for His chosen people Israel or He made it for gentiles at what point in time?
God never created the curse for those of the gentile nations... it was crested for the descendants of Jacob and later done away with by Him. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God never created the curse for those of the gentile nations... it was crested for the descendants of Jacob and later done away with by Him. undecided

So at what point in time did you become a descendant of Jacob to benefit from such abolishment of curse by God?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

So at what point in time did you become a descendant of Jacob to benefit from such abolishment of curse by God?
We, gentiles, were never excluded by God from His Old Covenant and so we were never impacted by the law of generational curses. So, its abolishment is also of no benefit to us again since we were never under that curse.undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We, gentiles, were never excluded by God from His Old Covenant and so we were never impacted by the law of generational curses. So, its abolishment is also of no benefit to us again since we were never under that curse.undecided

If you say all this then what business does the gentile have with God?
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
perezeghi:

If you say all this then what business does the gentile have with God?
Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law/ agreement God has provided for even those of the gentile Nation to trust in and follow. He is the Law of the Kingdom of God to which those of gentile birth are welcome to be a part of. And it is only by submitting to and obeying His teachings and commandments, the Truth of God, that we are able to benefit of the rewards therein. undecided
Re: Help, Am Having Bad Dreams Constantly by perezeghi: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Law/ agreement God has provided for even those of the gentile Nation to trust in and follow. He is the Law of the Kingdom of God to which those of gentile birth are welcome to be a part of. And it is only by submitting to and obeying His teachings and commandments, the Truth of God, that we are able to benefit of the rewards therein. undecided

So by obeying and trusting on this Truth, the demons and satanic altars our ancestors were worshipping will just disappear just like that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Behold The Man Who Led Pastor W.F. Kumuyi To Christ / Is Physical Abuse Enough To Get A Divorce As A Born Again Christian? / Heaven... Pls Describe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.