Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. (2065 Views)

Hope Reunites With His Mother 7 Years After He Was Branded A Witch & Left To Die / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / Doctor Paid His Mother A Surprise Visit After 7 Years Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by flyca: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2021
And I don't miss it!
I take only plan water. No sherere. Just water.

Everybody in my family and friend circle know this now. I don't even gift it at all, I rather visit you with a head of water melon kiss

I call fizzy drinks “bottled poision” tongue

Thankfully, it took Ronaldo for the world to rethink their drinking choices. Fame is good o.

https://www.nairaland.com/6605382/coca-cola-loses-4-billion-ronaldo
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by thorpido(m): 9:36am On Jun 16, 2021
Wish I can be like you o.I need the will.

4 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by gunsnroses: 10:36am On Jun 16, 2021
im curious. what changes have u noticed after u stopped drinking carbonated drinks?
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by crackhaus: 10:46am On Jun 16, 2021
What food or drinks do I need to stop taking so that I could live forever?
Is Coca-Cola one?

This information is of utmost importance to me... cry
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by ImaIma1(f): 10:51am On Jun 16, 2021
I feel you. Water has always been my best drink. Even when I go for parties, I choose water over carbonated drinks. Water quenches my thirst more than any other drink.

7 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by flyca: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2021
gunsnroses:
im curious. what changes have u noticed after u stopped drinking carbonated drinks?

I don't struggle with weight. I am 30+ and never gone above 70kg!
I also don't have pot belly wink

5 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by flyca: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2021
Water, water, plain water is my only healthy drink

After so many expositions on how much refined sugar, coloring and chemicals contained in them, I just decided one day in 2014 that these drinks do me no good.

Side note:
I would love to also stop eating fried foods, or at least to reduce it to the barest. #Goals grin

5 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Klass99(f): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by DonroxyII: 7:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
flyca:
And I don't miss it!

Everybody in my family and friend circle know this now. I don't even gift it at all, I rather visit you with a head of water melon kiss

Thankfully, it took Roland for the world to rethink their drinking choices. Fame is good o.

By God's Grace ... I will commenced this immediately after this month ends ... July 1st 2021 ... team end to Soft Drinks ....

1 Like

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by DonroxyII: 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
gunsnroses:
What I noticed after I drank it is that it's filled with fake energy and addictive also makes me feel weak instead of being Resuscitating and energizing....

Also, it makes eyes blurry and bad to the teeth ...

If it affects teeth health, it's also hazardous to body cells !!
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by DonroxyII: 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
flyca:

After so many expositions on how much refined sugar, coloring and chemicals contained in them, I just decided one day in 2014 that these drinks do me no good.

Side note:
I would love to also stop eating fried foods, or at least to reduce it to the barest. Goals grin
All odd foods shall be stopped by 2022 January Ist ... God has helped me against Suya ... ... But Kilishi .. dear lord ... I don't know about Kilishi
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Cokahot: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2021
After taking Pepsi. I tonally do my origin bitters like half bottle undiluted. I love bitters die
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Quirekoon: 11:11am On Jun 18, 2021
There is nothing in carbonated drinks.
Bill gates takes them everyday, and I doubt you are sharper than he is.
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Saintmary(f): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
Quirekoon:
There is nothing in carbonated drinks.
Bill gates takes them everyday, and I doubt you are sharper than he is.

I think I prefer CR7 to Bill Gates on this.
Agua!!!!!

1 Like

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 19, 2021
flyca:

Side note:
I would love to also stop eating fried foods, or at least to reduce it to the barest. #Goals grin

I was like you when I was still working as a secretary because then I had a more sedentary lifestyle until I switched to teaching job and its not just your regular kinda teaching that gives you break at intervals. Its a part-time teaching that requires you move from one class to the next immediately to be able to meet up before break and closing periods. So you're standing and working the whole time. This made/makes me lose energy and electrolytes very fast. So I picked up the habit of taking carbonated drinks again otherwise I'll feel dizzy and very weak to stand and teach.

It all started one particular day after taking a school. I stopped by at the market to pick some fabric. While I was standing, I suddenly felt dizzy and was gropping for a seat when two very sophisticated looking women who came to buy lace materials saw me and was like... Young lady what's wrong with you?. ( I think one of them is a doc) I told her and she said... "You losing electrolyte". Please someone get her a bottle of drink. and she quickly made me sit comfortably. Immediately I gulped down the bottle of drink, I felt better. Since then, I resumed back to taking it but only when I need it.

Let's not rule out sugar from our diet completely especially if your job involves a lot of exercise. except if you're living a sedentary lifestyle, then you can cut it out.

Sorry for the long comment. grin

3 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by flyca: 8:37am On Jun 19, 2021
CharisEleos:

Sorry for the long comment. grin
Not at all, I totally enjoyed reading it. And it is totally relate-able. When I was in the university, I got so sick one day, I couldn't eat or drink and I needed to take an injection. The school nurse told me to at least take a bottle of soda. And I did, before she then gave me the injection.

Thankfully, I haven't needed a “soda boost” since then.

Also try and take in moderation. The fact that it is liquid doesn't mean it is hydrating you or that it is good for you. There is a lot of other stuffs in them that contribute to an overall poor diet and health.

1 Like

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2021
flyca:

Not at all, I totally enjoyed reading it. And it is totally relate-able. When I was in the university, I got so sick one day, I couldn't eat or drink and I needed to take an injection. The school nurse told me to at least take a bottle of soda. And I did, before she then gave me the injection.

Thankfully, I haven't needed a “soda boost” since then.

Also try and take in moderation. The fact that it is liquid doesn't mean it is hydrating you or that it is good for you. There is a lot of other stuffs in them that contribute to an overall poor diet and health.

Sure. like I said, I only take it when needed ( as a booster) not always and i wont advise it takes the place of water in our diet.

2 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 19, 2021
I'm just seeing the Ronaldo thread above and... wow! The way he looked at those bottles of coke, ha.

I don't drink sodas/pop either. I don't buy them and really can't remember buying them while grocery shopping. I do like juices (apple juice, orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, pomegranate, ...), however. They're a healthier alternative.

2 Likes

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2021
Yxwqq:
I'm just seeing the Ronaldo thread above and... wow! The way he looked at those bottles of coke, ha.

I don't drink sodas/pop either. I don't buy them and really can't remember buying them while grocery shopping. I do like juices (apple juice, orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, pomegranate, ...), however. They're a healthier alternative.

How are they healthier alternatives with all the additives, stabilizers and artificial preservatives they are packed full with?

The best is juicing them at home yourself and drinking it fresh. Biko.
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 19, 2021
CharisEleos:

How are they healthier alternatives with all the additives, stabilizers and artificial preservatives they are packed full with?

The best is juicing them at home yourself and drinking it fresh. Biko.

Organic juices are a thing, just so you know.

Oh yes, I do that too (make my own juices).

1 Like

Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Akeem79(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2021
flyca:
And I don't miss it!

Thankfully, it took Ronaldo for the world to rethink their drinking choices. Fame is good o.

It doesn't change anything
When it's your time to die , you will still die nah
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Annogbe(f): 10:18am On Sep 07, 2021
[quote author=flyca post=102776104]And I don't miss it!

Thankfully, it took Ronaldo for I advice u track your sister phone to get the thieves so that they can pay for the loan u can call 08037111012 he is a security operative he helped me track mine some time ago
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Fabbyking: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Am with you on this. My problem is taking tea (Milo and milk), then indomie. I usually feel that they are not healthy but I don't know what to substitute them or make them healthier. Any suggestions
Re: For The Past 7 Years, I Have Not Taken Any Carbinated Drink. by Annogbe(f): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
flyca:
And I don't miss it!

advice u track your sister phone to get the thieves so that they can pay for the loan u can call 08037111012 he is a security operative he helped me track mine some time ago

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales / A Nigerian/ghanian Couple, Who Has The Children In Case Of Divorce? / Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.