Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:35 AM

[solved] My Honda Accord AC Seems To Not Work Fine - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / [solved] My Honda Accord AC Seems To Not Work Fine (3199 Views)

My Honda Accord Vibrate/jerk When Entering First/second Gear And Reverse / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / Solved:My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: [solved] My Honda Accord AC Seems To Not Work Fine by Conner44: 12:00am On Jun 21, 2021
aieromon:

Pressure switch
AC compressor relay

thanks. God bless you. so nothing like a thermostat or something that can measure the temperature of the cabin included in the components that regulates the compressor cycles abi?
Re: [solved] My Honda Accord AC Seems To Not Work Fine by aieromon(m): 12:40am On Jun 21, 2021
Conner44:

thanks. God bless you. so nothing like a thermostat or something that can measure the temperature of the cabin included in the components that regulates the compressor cycles abi?

I think you're referring to the evaporator temperature sensor. The sensor monitors the temperature of the evaporator and sends signals to the ECU. If the temperature is high, the ECU engages the compressor clutch and once the temperature drops to a certain point, the ECU shuts disengages the compressor clutch.

1 Like

Re: [solved] My Honda Accord AC Seems To Not Work Fine by mejai(m): 4:52am On Jun 21, 2021
Conner44:

no be lie. even my own eod, if i set the fan speed to 2 within 30mins the driver side vent will freeze up and white icicles will be coming out. i would need to shut the ac off for a while to make the vent start dispersing cooling air again. i was suspecting the driver side air mix servo before. while this happens if i stop the car and open the bonnet to look at the compressor i will see solid ice block on the top of it even under hot sun.

i think it is a problem. normal working ac shouldn't freeze up vents at all.
URS na problem o. The chilling u suppose they enjoy is being frozen at the engine bay. A simple stuff, I guess.
Check ur thermostat for AC. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auto Locksmith / UPDATED: Heeeeelp With Car Gone Wild. / Top 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World Nigerians Can’t Afford [see Prices]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.