Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. (6802 Views)

Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm / Governor Obiano Flags Off 2021 Wet Season Farming(photos) / Hidden Facts About Pig Farming (our Practical Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
bassey25:
Some thread are just like an educational institution on its own sir. Sometimes you just want to even regret going to university to study when the knowledgeis practically available on in some threads
exactly I attended an agricultural University so I can attest to that.. some farmers on nairaland deserve honorary degrees

5 Likes

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
ideepaul:
I cultivate only veges, so I read every info available and experiment with them, to get a workable template based on my unique working environment, as what works for A may not work for B...the journey has been challenging and inspiring so far
WinFarms is joining you soooon.. currently carrying out market surveys and fine tuning our veg skills.. they're stomachs to be feed and money to be made
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by bassey25(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
ideepaul:
I cultivate only veges, so I read every info available and experiment with them, to get a workable template based on my unique working environment, as what works for A may not work for B...the journey has been challenging and inspiring so far

Boss good day. Please do you have idea of current price cucumber there in your akwa ibom. . Happy sunday
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by BlissGod: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
willybaby:
Dam is filled up

Please where in Benue is your farm located.
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by ideepaul: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
bassey25:

Boss good day. Please do you have idea of current price cucumber there in your akwa ibom. . Happy sunday
Nope, but I could check around, the price was going down last I checked though, the only saving grace for cuke farmers in Akwa Ibom this year is the lack/high price of seeds, as the market here is very selective
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by ideepaul: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
ideepaul:

Nope, but I could check around, the price was going down last I checked though, the only saving grace for cuke farmers in Akwa Ibom this year is the lack/high price of seeds, as the market here is very selective
if you did Saira, and have it in large quantities, then Akwa Ibom may be your target. but if it's not, you will still sell, but it may be a lil bit more challenging
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by ideepaul: 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
willybaby:
WinFarms is joining you soooon.. currently carrying out market surveys and fine tuning our veg skills.. they're stomachs to be feed and money to be made
Experiment and fine-tune your Vege farming skills b4 jumping into it o...it's very lucrative, but sometimes you may hit challenges that will leave you scratching your head for answers you may not find for months
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 12:09am On Jun 28, 2021
BlissGod:

Please where in Benue is your farm located.
Otukpo Benue State Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by BlissGod: 2:05am On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks for the information.

I see the place has water, is it also this way during dry season?
willybaby:
Otukpo Benue State Nigeria
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by safarifarms(m): 3:02am On Jun 28, 2021
What should be the correct measure?

willybaby:
certainly it won't, we didn't abuse it and your right sir, herbicides are seriously being abused in Nigeria, you see people mixing 250, 200ml in a 16L knapsack for weeds that's just 2 or 3 leaf stage
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2021
safarifarms:
What should be the correct measure?

I can only use 150ml and above in a forested land or land left to fallow for very long..

in maintenance of a farm 100ml per knapsack normally does it 4 me sometimes below self depending on growth stage of weed and chemical been used.

I see people using 200ml to spray on weeds at the 4 to 6 leaf stage and am like wow that's crazy and I normally receive replies like I want make e die quick

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2021
BlissGod:
Thanks for the information.

I see the place has water, is it also this way during dry season?
yeap, there's a dam close by although it wasn't finished
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by bassey25(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
ideepaul:

Thanks so much Boss
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by LegitPlug: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2021
Interesting thread. I wish I saw the part you mentioned how you combined those 2 chemicals before wasting over 100k on Lagon and one other nonsense chemical.
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
LegitPlug:
Interesting thread. I wish I saw the part you mentioned how you combined those 2 chemicals before wasting over 100k on Lagon and one other nonsense chemical.
so sorry about that, how did it go was the Lagon not effective or already growing grasses didn't die ?
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by bassey25(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2021
LegitPlug:

Sorryabout that bro!I guess there might have been a problem somewhere.lagon is a very good pre emergence herbicide. So I guess the problem might be from:

1. Your land preparation: Ensure the land is tilled and well ridged or heaped. This operation should follow an immediate planting and before emergence of weeds .

2. The combination of lagon with the other chemical may also be the issue. As the mixture may weaken the potency of lagon.

3. The spraying might be wrongly done as most of the guys that spray do not spray evenly . They just rush the spraying and some parts may not be touched at all. All they need is their money. That's why. It's very important for the farm manager or owner to be around when important operations like spraying is done so as to monitor them.

Note: lagon needs a reasonable amount of rainfall after spraying in other for it to get into the ground and do its work

2 Likes

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2021
bassey25:

Sorryabout that bro!I guess there might have been a problem somewhere.lago is a very good pre emergence herbicide. So I guess the problem might e from
1. You land preparation: ensure the land is tilled and we'll ridges or heap. This operation should follow an immediate planting and before emergence of weeds .

2. The onbination of lagon with the other chemical may also be the issue. As the mixture may weaken the potency of lagon.

3. The spraying might be wrongly foneas most of the guys that spray , do not spray evenly . They just rush the spraying and some parts may not be touched at all. All they need is there money. That's why. It's very important for the farm manager or owner Tobe around when important operations like sprTing is done so as to monitor them.
you nailed it... Please add this to your do and donts on using Lagon and even most premergents
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
Just a lil reminder this thread is for us all, comments, advise, questions all welcome and appreciated..
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2021
Update from the farm, our babies(maize) growing just fine, fertiliser application up next followed sharply with planting of our cassava..

Observe even with d rains, land is still clean and weed free

1 Like

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2021
So I went strolling today and I actually stepped on raw gold grin

Actually its a rice mill, with mountains of rice husk, rice bran, rice ash in various states all begging to be used on crops and land/soil enrichment..

If it was you how would you use it ?
Cause I have big plans already.. feel free to share how you've used rice waste to enrich soil

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
Rich dark soil everywhere, from d rice waste, to the wood ash etc...

1 Like

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2021
grin views from my rice waste mountain.. rice ash I will so use you eh.. rich soil for nursery etc

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by LegitPlug: 12:34am On Jul 01, 2021
bassey25:

Sorryabout that bro!I guess there might have been a problem somewhere.lago is a very good pre emergence herbicide. So I guess the problem might e from
1. You land preparation: ensure the land is tilled and we'll ridges or heap. This operation should follow an immediate planting and before emergence of weeds .

2. The onbination of lagon with the other chemical may also be the issue. As the mixture may weaken the potency of lagon.

3. The spraying might be wrongly foneas most of the guys that spray , do not spray evenly . They just rush the spraying and some parts may not be touched at all. All they need is there money. That's why. It's very important for the farm manager or owner Tobe around when important operations like sprTing is done so as to monitor them.
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by LegitPlug: 12:41am On Jul 01, 2021
willybaby:
so sorry about that, how did it go was the Lagon not effective or already growing grasses didn't die ?

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by OluchiDelly: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
OluchiDelly:
boss, thanks for visiting this thread grin I will be ordering your sweet dwarf seeds soon o, please start keeping my share
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by OluchiDelly: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2021
willybaby:
boss, thanks for visiting this thread grin I will be ordering your sweet dwarf seeds soon o, please start keeping my share

grin no mind me o. I tried to modify a typo in my old post here, the thing no gree, instead it reposted the modified one as a new post in a new page.
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by bassey25(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2021
Bosses in the house , please, what's the best post emergence herbicide for cassava. .

1 Like

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
bassey25:
Bosses in the house , please, what's the best post emergence herbicide for cassava. .
Cassava selective herbicide ain't saying it's the best but I hope to try it soon

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by Nezzjnr: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
willybaby:
Dam is filled up
This looks like Benue ryt

1 Like

Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by willybaby(m): 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nezzjnr:

This looks like Benue ryt
yaga
Re: Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. by bassey25(m): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2021
willybaby:
Cassava selective herbicide ain't saying it's the best but I hope to try it soon

Thanks so much Boss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Standard Greenhouse, Nethouse and Solar Dryer Construction / Number Of Time to Feed Catfish In A Day / Is There Any Commercial Goat Farm In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.