Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) (82033 Views)

BUA Cement Lists 33.86 Billion Shares On NSE, Now Third Largest Listed Company / Nigeria Has The World's Third-largest Bitcoin Holdings / World's 5th Largest Diamond Found In Lesotho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2021
UnknownT:
Natural resources don't make a nation rich, Human resources do. That's the problem with us in Africa.

It is your family that lacks human resources.

Nonsense
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
ibedun:

Thank you for this statement.

Are you useless since you are African?

Nonsense and rubbish
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
kay29000:

Are African leaders not Africans too...or are they imported from elsewhere?

Shut up!!!!

The rulers are not the only Africans!!!!?

It's just like saying Americans are useless because you met some American lunatics somewhere.

It doesn't make sense!!!!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Rossiminku:

It is cursed with thoughtless people like you who don't understand how international commerce operates.

FYI, in today's world, nobody develops solely or even mostly through the export of raw materials. Not even diamonds.

Unless you are a tiny gulf state with huge oil reserves like Kuwait or UAE, you pretty much need to be into heavy manufacturing, to build a developed society today.

The income from raw materials export is NOT ENOUGH to develop.

The bottlenecks on African manufacturing, ie processing those raw materials into finished goods for export at higher prices than the raw materials, are the monstrous tariffs imposed by western, Asian and other nations on imports of African manufactured products.

This makes the African manufactured goods uncompetitive, discouraging manufacturing on the continent.

The USA has in recent years, implemented AGOA, to ease this discrimination against African manufactures, but they are only 20% of the world economy. The entire world needs to lift restrictions on the imports of African manufactured goods, to create a level playing field.

THAT is when Africa can finally take its rightful place in the comity of nations.

In the meantime, Africa will continue to improve on INTRA-African trade, and increasing the buying power of its citizenry, so as to eventually become self-sufficient in the production and sale of its manufactured products within the continent.

Inferiority complex is not helping matters.

Africa needs more people like you who don't feel inferior
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2021
wirinet:

If you say Africa is cursed, it also means you too is cursed because you are an African.

The countries you look up to today were cursed with disease, ignorance, superstition and bad leadership for thousands of years. The people finally came together and fought for a better life instead of throwing their hands up and scream "we are cursed".

Exactly
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by aloaye11: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2021
And Africa still remains poor, who do us pls
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2021
planetx:
Who told you Botswana is underdeveloped. You are talking about a country miles ahead of Nigeria, you think all African countries are doing badly. Botswana have better infrastructure than a lot of European countries.

There are even some places in Nigeria that are better than some places in Europe.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by kay29000(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Shut up!!!!

The rulers are not the only Africans!!!!?

It's just like saying Americans are useless because you met some American lunatics somewhere.

It doesn't make sense!!!!!

Your response clearly shows you are just like the leaders you're condemning. Have a nice day.
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
kay29000:

Your response clearly shows you are just like the leaders you're condemning. Have a nice day.

Another meaningless post
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
planetx:
Is your hopeless father a stupid black monkey? Fvcking dumbass and a bloody illiterate Botswana is the least corrupt country in Africa.

Exactly
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
IMAliyu:

Africa only supplies the world with raw materials. We don't produce, at least not at the scale of those countries mentioned.

The problem is a finished/end product will always be more valuable than, raw material.
It's the difference between the profit margins and labour of a farmer, and that of a fastfood joint.

And the only reason these mineral resources in Africa are valuable, is because of the demand from these manufacturing countries. Otherwise we don't seem to be seeking value in them.

Even the simple brown silica sand in our houses can be turned into something of value in the right hands.

Africa produces certain raw materials and finished goods!!!!!!!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
planetx:
Is your hopeless father a stupid black monkey? Fvcking dumbass and a bloody illiterate Botswana is the least corrupt country in Africa.

Least corrupt In Africa , Not in the world

Africa standard of measuring everything is very Low, So this is expected
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
HellVictorinho:

There are even some places in Nigeria that are better than some places in Europe.

But there are no place in Nigeria that is as beautiful as the city of London!

You see that?
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2021
BigBashiru:

France and eu allegedly sponsor rebels and wars in Africa. it's the white man who distabilizes Africa. do your research.

it's France is especially that is CURSED not Africa....

This further prove that the Black man is Intellectually Dumb!

It's not only Africa that the white man tried to destabilise, They tried to destabilise some Asian countries doing well too, Like China, and co, But you know what?? These Asian countries showed them that they're smart and didn't allow themselves to be destabilised, They instead build themselves, Invest in Technology, Now everybody wants to go Asia!

But as usual the black man will always have someone to blame for everything!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
BigBashiru:

exactly! crisis sponsored by the white man.

Africa ain't cursed.

Europe is CURSED.

Europe is not cursed, It's just easy to play with the black man brain!!

The white people can try that with Asians
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by UnknownT: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2021
HellVictorinho:

It is your family that lacks human resources.

Nonsense
Now that you cussed me and my family online, how good do you feel? smiley
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2021
Raydos:

But there are no place in Nigeria that is as beautiful as the city of London!

You see that?

Is London paradise??
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
UnknownT:
Now that you cussed me and my family online, how good do you feel? smiley

Nonsense!!!!

You brought it upon yourself by saying Africans are useless!!!!!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by drealcivilceno(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
I tire...

Nbotee:
Imagine being the largest exporter of one of the priciest gems and yet underdeveloped
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by UnknownT: 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Nonsense!!!!

You brought it upon yourself by saying Africans are useless!!!!!!
I didn't call Africans useless and you cussing me wouldn't stop Africans prioritizing Natural resources over Human resources
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
UnknownT:
I didn't call Africans useless and you cussing me wouldn't stop Africans prioritizing Natural resources over Human resources

Nonsense

I don't prioritize natural resources over human resources!!!!!!!

Your generalizations are baseless
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Is London paradise??

Not paradise, But Africans would die to live there!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2021
Raydos:

Not paradise, But Africans would die to live there!!

Rubbish!

I won't risk my life to live anywhere!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Rubbish!

I won't risk my life to live anywhere!

That's you, A large percentage of africans would die to live there, Thousands risk their lives to cross the Mediterranean sea to Europe every damn day!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
Raydos:

That's you, A large percentage of africans would die to live there, Thousands risk their lives to cross the Mediterranean sea to Europe every damn day!!

Don't generalize since it's not ALL.

Besides,you don't have any proof that those that risk it make a large percentage!!!!!!

There are billions of Africans
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Don't generalize since it's not ALL.

Besides,you don't have any proof that those that risk it make a large percentage!!!!!!

There are billions of Africans

When we talk about African, I mean the black people, I don't count the Arabs as African E.g Egypt, Morrocco, Algeria Libya and so on!!

And as a matter of facts, Africans ain't up to a Billion, So get your fact right!!

And I repeat, A large percentage of African, If given the chance would do anything to migrate to Europe!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Flanker: 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Raydos:

When we talk about African, I mean the black people, I don't count the Arabs as African E.g Egypt, Morrocco, Algeria Libya and so on!!

whats funny in your post , its that the name africa , african was the name of the population of algeria , tunisia during antiquity , african name was generalized to the rest of the continent centuries after . so the first and original poeple called africans are north africans wink
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 27, 2021
Raydos:

And as a matter of facts, Africans ain't up to a Billion, So get your fact right!!

And I repeat, A large percentage of African, If given the chance would do anything to migrate to Europe!!

Well, it's not my fault Google and the United Nations count them as African

Anyway,you are not in their minds
So, you are just guessing

Do you live in their heads?
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by Raydos: 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
Flanker:

whats funny in your post , its that the name africa , african was the name of the population of algeria , tunisia during antiquity , african name was generalized to the rest of the continent centuries after . so the first and original poeple called africans are north africans wink

Yes, Because blacks are too dumb to think for themselves!!
Re: Botswana: World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed In Africa (Photos) by wealthtrak: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Roasts Corns In Dubai For A Living (Photo) / 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics / Full List Of Elon Musk’s Wives, Girlfriends And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.