Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts (7589 Views)

Insecurity, Economic Hardship To Worsen In Six States – World Bank / Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari / Why Osinbajo Sings Hope Despite Insecurity, Economic Hardship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by Cnach: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
Paragon311:
Let the government not address the increase in poverty now

When everyone can't move around again because chunk of people can't afford to eat a meal and end up waylaying people daily
That time should come
Bc that's the only time the youth will forget tribe and party and fight our common enemies
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by faceland: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Even Nigeria beggars knows that Buhari has increased wide spread of poverty in the country.

About an hour ago, I went to buy something and the mumu was wasting time, next thing beggars surround me. I told them I don't have money for them and they kept begging then one started telling me "sorry, sorry, sorry" in Hausa as if I am responsible (blackmailing me to look wicked). Should I give you what I don't have because you think I have? May God punish Buhari and his unrepentant supporters.
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Very soon mannaqporkgrills will soon join bandits as 30k no dey again to pay
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by Abdulrahman4ng(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
festacman:
Naked Truth: As presently structured, Nigeria can never achieve ORGANIC economic growth and prosperity.

How it Started: Well, in fairness, the country was on that road in the 1960s when regions harnessed their economic potentials in line with principle of comparative advantage.

How it went: Unfortunately, crude oil happened and Nigeria became 'artificially' rich overnight. Then, the military entry into politics happened and regions were balkanised into states with a Federal Government that is far-away from grassroots assuming unnecessary responsibilities. Things were turned upside down. Regional economic roadmaps were abandoned and hitherto prosperous people became poor as military rulers and then politicians competed to loot oil earnings while our infrastructure decayed and diversification of the economy neglected.

The Result: Now, the country has gone full circle and has become poor. Fortunately, we still have numerous money-yielding untapped mineral resources, 'overdose' of agricultural land, enviable marine resources, intelligent human capital and massive internal market due to our population.

Way forward: Restructure! Restructure!! Restructure!!! The National Assembly should study how Switzerland and Canada are structured, adapt in line with local realities. To manage frictions, PHASE the restructuring with clear TIMELINES. Unleash the massive economic potentials in geopolitical zones and watch NIgeria prosper and become world economic power.
U sabi jare!!
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by faceland: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
Litmus:
Keep eyes on immigration, thousands of poor West Africans pour into Nigeria daily adding to Nigeria’s poor, congesting places like Lagos and other cities in Nigeria. Nigeria is last port of call for many, nothing to loose, they add to the bottlenecked disgruntled waiting to erupt at some point in the future or whenever opportunity arises.

Nigeria’s leadership need to put Nigeria and Nigerians first and forget or postpone their greater Africa motivations, don’t spent that money on Train line to Niger Republic, spend it linking Nigeria.

At least instead of them stopping in the North and being recruited, they can go straight to Lagos and keep on moving to another France speaking country (for a fraction of the cost).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by KRSWon: 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
“I am expecting the National Bureau of Statistics to show the reality on ground in terms of the situation for this month. The international community has its own way of collating its statistics, and it is more realistic to what is on ground than what our government is saying. I think the international statistics of the World Bank is more realistic.

As this points out, we've seen multiple examples of contradictions resulting from NBS' data undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by Godchosen001: 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
ibechris:

I bought 5tubers for #2900 yesterday.
that's cheap ,its around 7k here
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by ibechris(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
Godchosen001:
that's cheap ,its around 7k here

Serous?
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by Gfskw: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by pinknipple: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
Na who dey follow una dey poverty level.
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by calcal: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2021
The restructure will never happen, WHY?

1. Hausa/Fulani believe that restructuring is the first step toward dissolution.
2. The south is their conquered territory.
3. You are their slave

You need to fight for your total freedom.

Bookmark this post, check it after 30 years.

festacman:
Naked Truth: As presently structured, Nigeria can never achieve ORGANIC economic growth and prosperity.

How it Started: Well, in fairness, the country was on that road in the 1960s when regions harnessed their economic potentials in line with principle of comparative advantage.

How it went: Unfortunately, crude oil happened and Nigeria became 'artificially' rich overnight. Then, the military entry into politics happened and regions were balkanised into states with a Federal Government that is far-away from grassroots assuming unnecessary responsibilities. Things were turned upside down. Regional economic roadmaps were abandoned and hitherto prosperous people became poor as military rulers and then politicians competed to loot oil earnings while our infrastructure decayed and diversification of the economy neglected.

The Result: Now, the country has gone full circle and has become poor. Fortunately, we still have numerous money-yielding untapped mineral resources, 'overdose' of agricultural land, enviable marine resources, intelligent human capital and massive internal market due to our population.

Way forward: Restructure! Restructure!! Restructure!!! The National Assembly should study how Switzerland and Canada are structured, adapt in line with local realities. To manage shocks and frictions that would arise, PHASE the restructuring with clear TIMELINES. Unleash the massive economic potentials in geopolitical zones and watch NIgeria prosper and become world economic power.
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by Gerrard59(m): 6:29am On Jun 18, 2021
Re: Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts by festacman(m): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
calcal:
The restructure will never happen, WHY?

1. Hausa/Fulani believe that restructuring is the first step toward dissolution.
2. The south is their conquered territory.
3. You are their slave

You need to fight for your total freedom.

Bookmark this post, check it after 30 years.

I have bookmarked it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: I didn't attend primary, secondary schools. My Certificates Were Stolen / OFFICIAL!! INEC RELEASES PRESIDENTIAL RESULT OF OGUN STATE!!!! / Wole Olanikpekun Will Do Justice To The Osun Tribunal Judgement @ Higher Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.