Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator (41314 Views)

Christian Eriksen Shares Photo From Hospital Bed / Christian Eriksen Collapses During Denmark Vs Finland Game / Lucas Moura Deserves A Statue - Eriksen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by PROPHETmichael: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Get well soon player
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Kaybee14(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
Speedy recovery Christian.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by horlaryoung: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
God bless his soul
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by baralatie(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
decub:

He could still play with minimal risks.

Science is simply awesome!
You want Eriksson dead bah

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by baralatie(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
PROPHETmichael:
Get well soon player
Amen
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by decub: 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Minimal risks I meant.

longetivity:
u don't like Eriksson

Not really bro. Have kept tab on him from Ajax days.

To give up that which you have passion for is always difficult.

Had same feeling for Blind but knowing he's still up and fit with the device gives Eriksen so much confidence.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by samuel19222(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
angry
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Isobug: 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
And Some people are against Science.
Though for me Fear won't even allow me enter pitch again let alone playing football for just 5minutes.

My advice would have been a total quit to football. He's almost already at the peak of his career and was an above average playmaker, so not too a lose for him and the footballing world.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by bigpicture001: 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
longetivity:
u don't like Eriksson

Kanu did same and added over ten years of football
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by tnerro1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2021
Sad, wouldn’t be able to play competitive football anymore. There it is folks, when working, always invest for a time will come when you will no longer be able to do what you are doing so well now. That’s nature for you

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Thinktwicemybro: 12:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
Richieniit:
Some idiots nd few Christ embassy members go dey shout chips and implement are mark of the beast 666 lol. Africa and religion lol
I pity you
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by desire4love: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
This side of people know how to honour people.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by RexTramadol1: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
IPob will be like

FG are marginalizing igbos

That’s why they didn’t give Okwaraji the attention he needed, the zoo is cursed bla bla bla

There is nothing DOTard won’t use to disparage the government

It’s not Igbos fault, it’s their low level of reasoning so we shouldn’t blame IPob.

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by phemmyfour: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
advanceDNA:

Kanu played after his heart problem..and he’s still alive..
Not the same problem
Kanu didn't collapse on the pitch
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Yoighaman(m): 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergie0o1:

Bloomberg

If na Nigeria, na for dat pitch he for kpai...
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Sincinnati: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
decub:

He could still play with minimal risks.

Science is simply awesome!
The same science Nairalanders where lambasting the thread where scientists said they’ve discovered a dinosaur fossil aged 96 million or so.

I hope you no be one of those guys.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Richieniit: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:

I pity you

Sorry pls pity your pastor first... Rubbish!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Chirowman(m): 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
It will be to his own interest to quit rather than die in the leather game . Thank God for him , we still have a long way to go ,if it's in this part of the world .they young man would have been lost to carelessness, science is doing great.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Sincinnati: 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:

I pity you
Don’t think twice, think different and you would find out you need the “pity” more.

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Danny50: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
What money cannot do does not exist.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by BanevsJoker(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
His football career is over. He won't risk it. Remember Cheik Tiote. He collapsed in training, wasn't so lucky.
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by SkengRay: 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
My favourite Amf on pes21 embarassed
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by EmeraldKing7(m): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Beancounter93:
His playing days are over then

Same thing happened to Fabrice Muamba. Once the defibrillator goes in, that's it.

To understand what is going on...the heart's electric rhythym is regulated by something called a pacemaker...located somewhere in the upper part of your heart (I am simplyfying things here)

Once the natural pacemaker starts giving problems..due to either genetics, heart disease, etc..., an artificial one may have to be put in place.

The problem is, the artificial one is not as sophisticated as the natural one...yet. (Technology can only mimic human function up to a point.)..so it may not be as fast responding to variances in heart rate in an active sportsman compared to the natural one.

As an active footballer...Ericksen's new pacemaker while it has saved his life...may not be able to handle the sudden changes in heart electrical activitiy that happens when he is playing football actively...so he has to retire now.

Same thing was done to Daley Blind of Netherlands and he is still playing football till date
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Lordswat(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Yeah true
Pacemaker, heard and watch something about it in Torrent Counter
Beancounter93:
His playing days are over then

Same thing happened to Fabrice Muamba. Once the defibrillator goes in, that's it.

To understand what is going on...the heart's electric rhythym is regulated by something called a pacemaker...located somewhere in the upper part of your heart (I am simplyfying things here)

Once the natural pacemaker starts giving problems..due to either genetics, heart disease, etc..., an artificial one may have to be put in place.

The problem is, the artificial one is not as sophisticated as the natural one...yet. (Technology can only mimic human function up to a point.)..so it may not be as fast responding to variances in heart rate in an active sportsman compared to the natural one.

As an active footballer...Ericksen's new pacemaker while it has saved his life...may not be able to handle the sudden changes in heart electrical activitiy that happens when he is playing football actively...so he has to retire now.

1 Like

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by baralatie(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
bigpicture001:

Kanu did same and added over ten years of football
Many did not suffer heart/cardiac arrest on active football pitch.
He went for medical in inter and the medical team discovered a hole in his heart and did survey to correct the problem before it could lead to a cardiac failure.
They are totally two different medical situation!

Summary erikkson suffer cardiac failure

Kanu was prediagnosised with a potential heart failure and it was avoided
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by ediyeJuice(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
He should just call it quits. It'll definitely hurt!
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2021
Taiwojon:
Good one.

No to sudden death.

JESUS conquer death, come unto him and be save
https://www.nairaland.com/6607723/christian-eriksen-receive-implanted-heart#102812746
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by decub: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
baralatie:

You want Eriksson dead bah
When he is not a bush meat cheesy
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
baralatie:

Many did not suffer heart/cardiac arrest on active football pitch.
He went for medical in inter and the medical team discovered a hole in his heart and did survey to correct the problem before it could lead to a cardiac failure.
They are totally two different medical situation!

Summary erikkson suffer cardiac failure

Kanu was prediagnosised with a potential heart failure and was avoided

https://www.nairaland.com/6607723/christian-eriksen-receive-implanted-heart#102812746
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by Pearlspar: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
I wish him a quick recovery. Science help o.
Do you know that good idea and excellent products are not enough to build a successful business?
The ingredient that will help your product/idea to thrive is to build a COMMUNITY. But how?

Learn how to build a strong community for your product/service in this event. Click https://www.eventbrite.com/e/building-a-strong-community-of-users-and-customers-tickets-158943047935# here to register now.

Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by kingmsookwagh(m): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
It happened in turkey, but they took him to a danish indigenous hospital. If its a Nigerian player now, you will hear that he has be flown abroad to an European hospital for medical care.

Them swear say our hospitals no go fit take care of our own

What am I even saying, Even our leaders whom we have given the mantle to make sure our health systems are up to the task, don't even trust it them selves, after all, the President fly's abroad whenever he detects ordinary malaria in his system.

I take my pledge back, may Ògun kill our heroes past.

Quick recovery to one of the best midfielder have known in my 20 years of watching football....
Re: Christian Eriksen To Receive Implanted Heart Defibrillator by baralatie(m): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
decub:

When he is not a bush meat cheesy
grin

The homo sapiens need to rest o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdelhak Nouri Wakes Up From Coma After Over A Year / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 / Suarez Abusing Evra & Eto'o Mocked... Meet 5 Worst Moments Of Racism In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.