Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Is It A Sin - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin (19181 Views)

Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why do I need to read the book of Romans when God's own Law , Jesus Christ, absolutely states that everyone who believes in Him will not die but have eternal life? undecided

God's Law being absolute implies you can not add or remove from it in any way as no man has the authority to change that which God has declared. So, what exactly am I to do with whatever it is that is written in Romans? Overrule God's own law? undecided
Wow! I didn't see the second paragraph. Brother every single word written in the bible is the word of God. Even before Jesus came, God spoke through the prophets. And after Jesus left, he still spoke through the deciples Everything written in the Bible is inspired by God and is the word of God.
Re: Is It A Sin by MansoryMX(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So your understanding then is that what fits into one group should fit the other group then, this even though the OP was specific in declaring interest in that which applied to the group he belongs to? undecided

This has nothing to do with my understanding but what is physically known and obvious. What I see people who practice I say.
Re: Is It A Sin by anselm791(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Punishment is the same thing as sin? Since when? undecided

So given that God abolished that punishment for that sin in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36, what does that mean then?

I meant the same as in Cause and Effect.
And throwing up verses without their quotes is as good as not saying anything at all.
Re: Is It A Sin by MrPRevailer(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Isn't it interesting how you had to skip around the Word of God as declared by Jesus Christ Himself in order to make the claims you have listed above? undecided

Where did Jesus Christ teach you that these are sins in His Kingdom. undecided

Matthew 5:28 "But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Matthew 8:9-11

"And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire where the worm dies not..."

Matthew 7:21 " 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. "

Matthew 5:22 ": but whosoever shall say,[to his brother] Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Mark 7:20-23 . "And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

Etc.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Wow! I didn't see the second paragraph. Brother every single word written in the bible is the word of God. Even before Jesus came, God spoke through the prophets. And after Jesus left, he still spoke through the deciples Everything written in the Bible is inspired by God and is the word of God.
1. God never told you to put your trust in every single word written in your bible.....it is men that fed you that lie. undecided

2. God never told you that that your Bible is the Word of God..again, men told you that lie. undecided

3. What the Bible tells you is that all knowledge of good and evil belongs to God meaning all knowledge is inspired by God...not just the knowledge contained in your bible that is inspired. Every knowledge and book out there is inspired by God since it all belongs to Him. undecided

4. Jesus Christ then clearly told you instead that the Word out of God's mouth (Words attributed to God Himself) is that which constitutes the Word of God which He is... Matthew 4 vs 4 . undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by INCREDIBLE007(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
cheesy
emekanairaland:
Only you with fraud, Yahoo, Gift Card and now intimacy gadgets. BROS FEAR GOD NA
Re: Is It A Sin by Adakintroy: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
No.

He can't sell achohol either or weed.
Re: Is It A Sin by Adakintroy: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
No.

He can.t sell sex doll either.
Re: Is It A Sin by INCREDIBLE007(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God never told you to put your trust in every single Word written in your bible.....it is men that fed you that lie. undecided

God never told you that that your Bible is the Word of God..again, men told you that lie. undecided

What the Bible tells you is that all knowledge of good and evil belongs to God meaning all knowledge is inspired by God...not just the knowledge contained in your bible that is inspired. Every knowledge and book out there is inspired by God since it all belongs to Him. undecided

Jesus Christ then clearly told you instead that the Word out of God's mouth (Words attributed to God Himself) is that which constitutes the Word of God which He is... Matthew 4 vs 4 . undecided

Na wa o

this your Bible self get as e be

wetin be the name bros
Re: Is It A Sin by KennedyOkpara(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
aidameoryou:
TYPICAL AFRICAN MAN MENTALITY.
WHEN WILL OUR AFRICAN BRAINS OPEN AND WE KNOW THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU LIFE, AND GOD STILL LETS YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.
WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO SEPARATE OUR BUSINESS WITH ALL THESE RELIGION BROUHAHA, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE HUMANS AND NOT GOD.
SO LONG AS YOU ARE DOING A BUSINESS OR MOVE THAT DOESNT HURT ANYONE, AND THAT DOESNT PUT ANYONE IN A BAD SPOT, WHO DO YOU OWE ANY EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ENTANGLEMENT OVER IT TO

SERIOUSLY OUR AFRICAN MINDS HAVE BEEN SO MUCH THWARTED AND CONFUSED TO THE EXTENT THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY LIVING IN DELUSION, RATHER THAN LIVING THIS LIFE AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE, AND AS THE CREATOR OF THIS UNIVERSE HAS MADE IT TO BE.

OUR AFRICA IS THE MOST RELIGIOUS, THE MOST PRAYING, BUT STILL YET THE MOST BACKWARD AND THE MOST DESTITUTE, WE WILL PRAY FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT TO OUR GOD TO GIVE US VISA TO ARRIVE IN A NON-GODLY COUNTRY, AND EVEN WE WILL WORK UNDER A NON RELIGIOUS PERSON OVER THERE, AND STILL CALL IT GOD'S BLESSINGS.

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL PREFER TO PRAY ALL NIGHT OF 12HRS, RATHER THAN LEARNING A 1HR COURSE THAT WILL BETTER HIS LIFE.
WHEN WILL WE GT OVER THIS BONDAGE OF RELIGION?

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL RATHER SHOUT AMEN, AND I RECEIVE TILL ETERNITY RATHER THAN HAVING A QUIET TIME OF SOLACE TO REFLECT AND INNOVATE/IMPACT MEANINGFULLY ON HIS LIFE.

OUR PASTORS WILL TELL US OF HOW OUR POLITICIANS ARE BLESSED WHILST SOME OF THESE OUR POLITICIANS RENDERING PEOPLE HOPELESS IN ALL AREA OF THE COUNTRY.

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY, MOST OF OUR PRAYER POINTS ARE BASED ON PROSPERITY AND SUCCESSFULNESS, AND BREAKTHROUGH AND WEALTH, AND KILLING EVERY OBSTACLES IN OUR WAY, WHILE THE PURPOSE OF OUR RELIGION AND SUPPOSED RELATION WITH GOD SHOULD BE ETERNITY AT LAST

AN AFRICAN MAN WILL PRAY AND FAST FROM NOW TILL NEXT TOMORROW TO TRAVEL TO CHINA (A NON RELIGIOUS COUNTRY) TO GET WORK, AND WILL KILL ANYONE IN THE WAY OF THAT WITHOUT EVEN THINKING TWICE, AND WILL STILL CALL IT GOD'S PLAN AND PURPOSE.

THE GREATEST BREAKTHROUGH IN LIFE IS FINDING YOUR PURPOSE ON THIS EARTH, AND FULFILLING YOUR GREATEST POTENTIAL.... AND NOT PRAYING 24HRS A DAY.

True words from a wise man.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
MrPRevailer:

Matthew 5:28 "But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart."

Matthew 8:9-11

"And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire where the worm dies not..."

Matthew 7:21 " 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. "

Matthew 5:22 ": but whosoever shall say,[to his brother] Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Mark 7:20-23 . "And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. 21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: 23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

Etc.
Interesting! From that we learn that

1. Lust in ones heart is what is determined as sin by God
2. Sin comes from what is stored up inside of you and not from things that come from the outside. .

Recall my question to you.
Kobojunkie:
So where exactly did Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law,declare each of the following sin

* makeup
* women's trousers
* alcohol
* cigarettes
* attachments/weaves
* skimpy cloths

Just Bible references needed. undecided
Now note how all of the items you listed earlier are on the outside and not from the inside of ones heart then? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

Na wa o
this your Bible self get as e be
wetin be the name bros
It is one thing to carry a book around with you, and another thing to read and comprehend that which is infact written in the book for you to understand. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by dhesmond(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hell NO!!!!

What are you even thinking of?
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
anselm791:

I meant the same as in Cause and Effect.
And throwing up verses without their quotes is as good as not saying anything at all.
Cause and effect? undecided
Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment and punishment is a consequence of disobedience. No cause and effect here. undecided

As for throwing up verses, if you don't care to know what is written, then why bother engaging at all? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Fearjah: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But according to the book of Genesis, Adam's sin did not pass to even His own son,Abel, who was declared a righteous man for His obedience of God. So what does that say of your understanding of the verse in Romans? undecided

Thanks for the question

All those who are declared righteous are so declared by God not because they totally without sin

But because they did their possible best to please God.

Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:

This has nothing to do with my understanding but what is physically known and obvious. What I see people who practice I say.
By what is physically known you mean your assumptions made from observing some individuals? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Fearjah:

Thanks for the question

All those who are declared righteous are so declared by God not because they totally without sin

But because they did their possible best to please God.
This is a topic for another thread... if you want to, you can open a new thread for this we can discuss it at length. But for now, let us try not to deviate too far from this here.

As I said..according to the book of Genesis, Adam's sin did not pass to even His own son,Abel, who was declared a righteous man for His obedience of God. So what does that say of your understanding of the verse in Romans? undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God never told you to put your trust in every single Word written in your bible.....it is men that fed you that lie. undecided

God never told you that that your Bible is the Word of God..again, men told you that lie. undecided

What the Bible tells you is that all knowledge of good and evil belongs to God meaning all knowledge is inspired by God...not just the knowledge contained in your bible that is inspired. Every knowledge and book out there is inspired by God since it all belongs to Him. undecided

Jesus Christ then clearly told you instead that the Word out of God's mouth (Words attributed to God Himself) is that which constitutes the Word of God which He is... Matthew 4 vs 4 . undecided
Lol which book told you about Jesus? And in which book was he prophesied to be born and save us?
Bro The bible is a compilation of God's words written by God's messengers. Why would you pick a part of a book and then decide not to believe in the other part of THE SAME book. Lol.
Go and read your bible COMPLETELY bro. Read the book of Romans please and get a better understanding about salvation and what is really means to be declared righteous and saved through Jesus Christ. Jesus never disowned the prophesies of the prophets and never disowned his father's(God's) commandments even after telling you that you a are saved through him. Please read your bible and read it with an open heart.
Re: Is It A Sin by Bola146(f): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
rawpadgin:
So, of all the many businesses wey dey this life, na masturbating tools u wan sell

Seriously, a good Christian should avoid selling it lipsrsealed
Re: Is It A Sin by Akuchinyere(f): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
lordmayor2013:
A free thinker asked: "Why is sin hereditary and salvation is not"?

For those quoting me, this is for you
Deuteronomy 5:9
" I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers’ sin to the third and fourth generations"

Ezek.18.20 - The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
Re: Is It A Sin by kingscare1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
pretydiva:
Open a genuine business. Sale of intimate gadgets is a big NO for me

But how do you satisfy yourself when you are so hornny and your boyfriend or husband is not around?

Unless you dey use cucumber as intimate gadget.
Re: Is It A Sin by hustla(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mike2021forGod:
I just recently gave my life to Christ before I was into fraud and redeeming of gift card by Yahoo boiz... I was planning to establish on intimacy gadget business what should be done i have quit fraud but is redeeming of gift card a sin and can a Christian sell intimacy gadgets and all this enlargement cream

cheesy
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

Lol which book told you about Jesus? And in which book was he prophesied to be born and save us?
Bro The bible is a compilation of God's words written by God's messengers. Why would you pick a part of a book and then decide not to believe in the other part of THE SAME book. Lol.
Go and read your bible COMPLETELY bro. Read the book of Romans please and get a better understanding about salvation and what is really means by to be declared righteous and saved through Jesus Christ. Jesus never disowned the prophesies of the prophets and never disowned his father's(God's) commandments even after telling you that you a are saved through him. Please read your bible and read it with an open heart.
Again..
Kobojunkie:
1. God never told you to put your trust in every single Word written in your bible.....it is men that fed you that lie. undecided

2. God never told you that that your Bible is the Word of God..again, men told you that lie. undecided

3. What the Bible tells you is that all knowledge of good and evil belongs to God - Genesis 2 vs 17 - meaning all knowledge is inspired by God...not just the knowledge contained in your bible that is inspired. Every knowledge and book out there is inspired by God since it all belongs to Him. undecided

4. Jesus Christ then clearly told you instead that the Word out of God's mouth (Words attributed to God Himself) is that which constitutes the Word of God which He is... Matthew 4 vs 4 . undecided
if you want to counter any of the above, try to do so individually and directly. Don't throw your personal misgivings at me cause there isn't much I can do with that. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by Mamijoh(f): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Are you talking about CHRISTlike Christian or church going christian, if it is CHRISTlike CHRISTian, he or she must be like CHRIST and will CHRIST ever sell intimacy gadgets if He is on the surface of the earth?
The answer is NO, not at all
Re: Is It A Sin by Mamijoh(f): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Are you talking about CHRISTlike Christian or church going christian, if it is CHRISTlike CHRISTian, he or she must be like CHRIST and will CHRIST ever sell intimacy gadgets if He is on the surface of the earth?
The answer is NO, not at all.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
kingscare1:

But how do you satisfy yourself when you are so hornny and your boyfriend or husband is not around?

Unless you dey use cucumber as intimate gadget.
You die to self, that is what Jesus Christ said you should do. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by anselm791(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Cause and effect? undecided
Sin is disobedience of God's direct commandment and punishment is a consequence of disobedience. No cause and effect here. undecided

As for throwing up verses, if you don't care to know what is written, then why bother engaging at all? undecided

I no do dey again.
Re: Is It A Sin by Mamijoh(f): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again.. if you want to counter any of the above, try to do so individually and directly. Don't throw your personal misgivings at me cause there isn't much I can do with that. undecided
It requires no answer because it doesn't make sense that you will read a gospel of the bible(Jesus's) and then decide that the remaining gospel in the bible is not God's word.
Why read the bible in the first place if you don't believe it is God's word?
Why think that Jesus's gospel isn't manipulated and the rest are? In the same book!
What bible are you studying?
Re: Is It A Sin by Roman7(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
teacherbim:
E get as eee be ,I'm a born again and I sell body enhancement products grin

Say e get as e be lol
Re: Is It A Sin by Fearjah: 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[/i]This is a topic for another thread...[i] [/b]if you want to, you can open a new thread for this we can discuss it at length.[b] But for now, let us try not to deviate too far from this here.

As I said..according to the book of Genesis, Adam's sin did not pass to even His own son,Abel, who was declared a righteous man for His obedience of God. So what does that say of your understanding of the verse in Romans? undecided

Okay that's a nice idea.
Well done
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
frank417:

It requires no answer because it doesn't make sense that you will read a gospel of the bible(Jesus's) and then decide that the remaining gospel in the bible is not God's word.
Why read the bible in the first place if you don't believe it is God's word?
Why think that Jesus's gospel isn't manipulated and the rest are? In the same book!
What bible are you studying?
Which one of the points, 1 through 4, does not make sense? undecided

God exists outside of your Bible.... He is not bound inside of or by the book. In fact, the very first book that God led me too when I began questioning Himo, only some years ago, was not a Bible but a history book. undecided

I don't think Jesus Christ isn't manipulated because my Trust is not in a book but in God and His ability to ensure His Word remains True no matter what - His Word is eternally True. undecided

I dont study any Bible, God choose what to direct me to and I learn from whatever He leads me to so my knowledge is not limited to your Bible. Even the so-called apocryphal texts are not out of the question. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ghana's Deputy Minister Of Transport Bans Preaching In Public Buses in Ghana / Why You Shouldn't Lose Your Virginity To Premarital Sex Even If You're A Sinner / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.