Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,146 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Is It A Sin - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin (19163 Views)

Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin by MrPRevailer(m): 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Isn't it interesting how you had to skip around the Word of God as declared by Jesus Christ Himself in order to make the claims you have listed above? undecided

Where did Jesus Christ teach you that these are sins in His Kingdom. undecided

Matthew 15: 18 "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

John 14:21 "He that has my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loves me: "

Mark 9:47 "And if your eye is causing you to sin, throw it away; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be thrown into hell, 48where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT EXTINGUISHED."

Matthew 7: "And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and its collapse was great.”

Matthew 25 THE PARABLE OF THE WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS.

Matthew 8:21-35. THE PARABLE OF THE UNFORGIVING SERVANT

Etc.
Re: Is It A Sin by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
MrPRevailer:

Matthew 15: 18 "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

John 14:21 "He that has my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loves me: "

Mark 9:47 "And if your eye is causing you to sin, throw it away; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than, having two eyes, to be thrown into hell, 48where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT EXTINGUISHED."

Matthew 7: "And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and its collapse was great.”

Matthew 25 THE PARABLE OF THE WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS.

Matthew 8:21-35. THE PARABLE OF THE UNFORGIVING SERVANT

Etc.
Here is your claim again
MrPRevailer:

The word of God also stated that the abominable, liars, whoremongers, lascivious, drunkards.....................etc shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9, Revelation 21:8, Romans 1:26-35, Galatians 5:19-22, Colossians 3:6 etc.
Where did Jesus Christ, God's Law, tells you that anyone of this this sin? Try to be more specific. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin by MrPRevailer(m): 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here is your claim again Where did Jesus Christ, God's Law, tells you that anyone of this this sin? Try to be more specific. undecided

Are these not admonitions to Christians. Except you don't believe 100% of the gospel and books of the apostles. And how are those verses not specific? Did you even read them?

Unforgiveness: If you have someone you have not forgiven, forgive or my Father will not forgive you. Do you know the consequences of not being forgiven your sin?

1 John 3:8 "8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

1john 5:18 "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

1 John 14:2423
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Re: Is It A Sin by frank417: 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! undecided

Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20, speaks clearly of the Old Covenant standard of righteousness obviously, in much the same way as Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36 also does. But that ruling applies to those who are descended of the Blood of Jacob, of which us gentiles are excluded - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

But we are called according to the New Covenant,
Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ says instead that all those who believe in Him shall not perish(die) but have everlasting life. undecided

Hello, please I'd be glad if you edited my comment out. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Take A Phone Bible To Church / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? / Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.