Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? (26342 Views)

URGENT, 70k Monthly Salary Or Marketing Executive At Mutual Benefit Assurance. / Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? / Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Mutaultope(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
just talk to me and I will explain
I work with MUTUAL BENEFITS ASSURANCE PLC V

1 Like

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Temidaryour: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
They pay for example I work with cornerstone insurance and they pay salary with commissions..it depends on the company tho..
Like AIICO.. theirs is strictly commission

Chachalogo:
They'll only trick with juicy salary scale, but in the real sense, they don't pay e.g. Heirs Life Assurance.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Chachalogo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2021
I'm speaking from experience.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Insuranceman(m): 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2021
pappy2000:
How can I apply to be a market in an insurance firm

JOB VACANCY

CORNERSTONE INSURANCE PLC

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Insurance Sales Executive/Financial Planner

We are looking for outgoing and dedicated insurance Sales Representatives who are interested in a rewarding career in insurance Sales for immediate employment.

Report To: The Unit Manager
Employment Type: Full-time or Part-time

Benefits:
1. Monthly Allowance
2. Commission on every business
3. Career growth opportunities/mentoring

If interested, kindly forward your CV to kattamah@cornerstone.com.ng

Best regards

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Theoarhics: 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogz89:
you are not the only one that has worked in insurance.. if you are hired as a marketer, much of your income will be based on commission, you will still receive salary but not much.. Every other unit are based on purely salaries. However for non marketing staffs for some insurance companies, they might give you a very little target as well which doesn't count much.. Insurance is a very good industry

Nothing "a very small target" in insurance especially when getting the people to buy the insurance policy is very hard cos of the apathy Africans and Nigerians in particular have for insurance. Most times , u might not ever meet up the small target.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by bash8936: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
Emmandu:
Pls what about NEM insurance do they pay their workers salary of commission??

NEM pay 150k-213k for entry level permanent staff
But 60k-150k for temporary staff.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Theoarhics: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Ur approach is wrong. If u've worked with 3 different insurance companies as u claimed then u should've explained to the op that there are two types of staff in insurance companies i.e. contract staff and permanent staff.

The contract stuff who are mostly under agency arrangement are remunerated majorly through commission and some other incentives(The category of staff that fall under here are solely marketers). Those who are permanent staff who can either be accountants, internal auditors, claims personnel, and some permanent marketing executives are remunerated through salaries.

It will interest you to know that some insurance companies pay really well, but those who work there will never tell u because their relatives will not allow them drink water drop cup. So they just go ahead and collect better salary and pretend as if they are only paid paltry commission like most people on this thread ignorantly assumed.

Even the permanent executive marketers as u said also eared commission and allowance. It's just that as you grow u get more target and more allowances.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by BlueRayDick: 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Theoarhics:

Even the permanent executive marketers as u said also eared commission and allowance. It's just that as you grow u get more target and more allowances.

Sure, they do
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by girlFlavor(f): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
Insuranceman:

JOB VACANCY

We are looking for outgoing and dedicated insurance Sales Representatives who are interested in a rewarding career in insurance Sales for immediate employment.

Report To: The Unit Manager
Employment Type: Full-time or Part-time

Benefits:
1. Monthly Allowance
2. Commission on every business

If interested, kindly forward your CV to kattamah@cornerstone.com.ng

Best regards
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Dynamicfort(m): 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
pappy2000:

You can reach out to me
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by ijayebonyi(f): 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
inoki247:
buh dem get office na u can ask derr gateman wen u gt dere....
Lol �
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by shogz89: 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2021
Theoarhics:

Nothing "a very small target" in insurance especially when getting the people to buy the insurance policy is very hard cos of the apathy Africans and Nigerians in particular have for insurance. Most times , u might not ever meet up the small target.
I once worked as a finance staff in an insurance company for about 2 years, i was paid SALARY without any target and i also got profit sharing every 3 months based on the company's performance ,, same for my colleague in AIICO and Wapic. Only marketing staffs are given strict targets Oga. may be your company are giving you targets but most insurance don't give non marketing staffs strict target
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Orpe7(m): 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
4teenblaq:
I am a job seeker, someone is recommending me to an insurance company...

I really want to know how their pay goes..

Send your CV to Opeyemiok@tangerinelife.com
They pay
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Orpe7(m): 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2021
pappy2000:

Send your Cv to Opeyemiok@tangerinelife.com
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Theoarhics: 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
shogz89:

I once worked as a finance staff in an insurance company for about 2 years, i was paid SALARY without any target and i also got profit sharing every 3 months based on the company's performance ,, same for my colleague in AIICO and Wapic. Only marketing staffs are given strict targets Oga. may be your company are giving you targets but most insurance don't give non marketing staffs strict target

I worked with AXA and first bank insurance as marketer
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by shogz89: 10:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Theoarhics:

As a marketer you should expect that much of your earnings will come from commissions.. The message we are trying to pass across is that not all employee in an insurance firm is paid through commission. Their are salary earners in insurance company depending on your job function.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by 4teenblaq: 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2021
hardbody:

I have read a few comments here. Some are near correct, others are completely off the mark.

1. If you are taken in as an agent, you are NOT on any salary and you make commissions on your sale.

2. If you are employed in the mainstream, you are placed on a normal salary (as negotiated by you when coming through the interview process) and the salary is dependent on all other similar requirements such as experience and what you are bringing to the table. There are various departments in the system (underwriting, accounts and finance, HR, Facility Management, Legal Dept, etc).

The disadvantage of coming in as a commissioned agent is that you will struggle to get a footing, finding the market, etc. However, after a while and you have built the customers, there is no limit to what you can earn, especially when you have grown to become a unit manager and then an agency manager. At this level, you even earn commission on sales carried out by the agents selling under you.

If you are employed in mainstream, you may be entitled to salary, BUK, Pension, bonus and other perks of office relative to your position including official car and house, paid leave, offshore trips, etc.

In the final analysis, determine the workstream that you are joining on and then you can take it from there.

For the records, It is only in Nigeria that Banks are bigger than Insurance companies. In the western world, insurance companies sit on large pool of funds and they actually own banks and for those who say their pay is meagre, try find out what the likes of AXA Mansard, Leadway, AIICO and NEM among others are paying. Also try and find out why employees from the big Audit firms and some banks are clamouring for the insurance companies. Ask around and find out how many staff of insurance companies get fired or made redundant relative to their banker cousins.

On a final punch, a certified actuary (and there are very few in Nigeria) earns more than N300m (less bonuses, house, car, fully paid foreign holidays, etc, per annum. If that is defined is meagre, then I give up.

I speak with authority because I have worked in Insurance, Banking, Telecoms and practised law (all as a lawyer)

All the best in your search.

Thanks a lot..

I really appreciate your effort in elaborating these things to me.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by PlanktonX: 1:07am On Jun 22, 2021
inoki247:
buh dem get office na u can ask derr gateman wen u gt dere....

Baba gudumorning sir,abeg how much dem dey pay Kilient Serbis Ezecutife for here?
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by MikaelDare(m): 3:44am On Jun 22, 2021
It depends on the organisation and also department you work in.
I once worked with one of the top Nigerian insurance company as a graduate intern. There are the marketers who get paid majorly commissions. Then there are the support staffs who are in other units like admin, HR, claims, receipt and payment, reinsurance etc. All these get paid salaries. And I heard from those recruited when they just came in that if you came in through their recruitment and passed through their academy, entry level pay was about #120k/#140k for support staffs.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by oliva980: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2022
The Hartford offers a variety of policy types. The Business Owner's Policy provides coverage for property and liability claims. It also includes workers' compensation coverage, which pays compensation to employees in the event of an accident or injury at work. For more ideal details about general liability insurance, pop over to these guys.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by akanbiaa(m): 8:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Theoarhics:

What is your experience with FBN Insurance as contract marketer ? Is it advisable for someone whose family is far away and currently financially constrained to relocate for the sake of the job or manage where he is with family with little he gets from small paying jobs sufficient to at least feed family around ?
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by BlueRayDick: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
akanbiaa:
What is your experience with FBN Insurance as contract marketer ? Is it advisable for someone whose family is far away and currently financially constrained to relocate for the sake of the job or manage where he is with family with little he gets from small paying jobs sufficient to at least feed family around ?

Please manage where u are for now. Relocating for an insurance marketing contract job is not advisable. U will be paid solely on what u make( except for little stipends which won't make any difference). It's actually difficult selling insurance to people in this right economy.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by akanbiaa(m): 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Please manage where u are for now. Relocating for an insurance marketing contract job is not advisable. U will be paid solely on what u make( except for little stipends which won't make any difference). It's actually difficult selling insurance to people in this right economy.
Thanks for the advice , so they just package contract marketing names under different fancy names like Bancassurance Associate.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by BlueRayDick: 4:04am On Aug 22, 2022
akanbiaa:
Thanks for the advice , so they just package contract marketing names under different fancy names like Bancassurance Associate.

Yeah.

1 Like

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Insuranceman(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!

We are looking for job seekers, stay-at-home men & women and anyone who is interested in a rewarding career and making extra money in Insurance Sales for immediate engagement.

Employment Type : Full-time or Part-time

Benefits :
1. Monthly Allowance
2. Commission on every business you bring

If interested, kindly reach out via kattamah@cornerstone.com.ng or 08036048707

Kind regards

Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by KingOfAKingdom: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hello Boss... I saw in a post that you got into Custodian through Graduate trainee!!... How's the Organization? Are you still working there?

BrizzyA:

With such authority undecided

Don't and stop mistaking agents for marketers. These two are very different.

As detailed in my earlier response.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by BrizzyA(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2022
KingOfAKingdom:
Hello Boss... I saw in a post that you got into Custodian through Graduate trainee!!... How's the Organization? Are you still working there?

Hey man

It's a nice place to work, I'm no longer there.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by KingOfAKingdom: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
Thanks for the reply. But, Why are you no longer there?... Is there anything I need to know?
BrizzyA:

Hey man

It's a nice place to work, I'm no longer there.
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by BrizzyA(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2022
KingOfAKingdom:
Thanks for the reply. But, Why are you no longer there?... Is there anything I need to know?

Nah nothing, just changed companies. Tides of life
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by Ttipsy(f): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
akanbiaa:
really
Re: Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? by sonofthunder: 6:25am On Jul 28, 2023
4teenblaq:
I am a job seeker, someone is recommending me to an insurance company...

I really want to know how their pay goes..

I think they do both.

If you have contacts/connections and/or you are good in sales/marketing, then I'll advise you go for it. Some of them make ridiculous money from their commission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NPC Adhoc Staff For Birth Registration Recruitment 2023 / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) / Massive Recruitment At Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.