Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) (62400 Views)

Hassan & Hussaini Muhammad Nawad Design Cooking Stove That Uses Water, Petrol / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by showafrica(m): 6:13am On Jun 19, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Getting where? That was how they told us they found oil in d north and up till today we ve not seen d oil. Never and never would energy generated from solar ignite fire. It only heats.

Anything electric can ignite fire including Solar, with the help of Fuel, the fire will sustain. What that Abokiii did there is nonsense. He put gas cylinder under and ignited it will solar. Possibly, electrolysis. Hydrogen from charging battery (very dangerous)
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by GerogeI(m): 6:29am On Jun 19, 2021
nextstep:
[img][/img]

This is some deep analogy here bro...

But back to the story: when I was a small boy around 1989, I built a solar cooker similar to the one in this picture, based on instructions from a book my mom got me. I was able to cook a small potato and a few other things.

I opened this topic hoping to see something along these lines, because Bauchi has a LOT of incident sunlight, and which would be great for cooking. If this was a serious country, they could invent a way to build them into kitchens in the North. Just need an open-roofed part, mirrors or other shiny surface and voila - albeit only when the sun shines.

I've also pondered using a very large version of this to fry garri industrially. See the second picture. This one uses uses molten salt to keep the heat even after dark. With enough R & D this could be a real thing invented by Nigerians.

However, to say I'm disappointed by this contraption is an understatement for several reasons:
1. direct solar heat will perform the task so much better
2. even if we give the benefit of the doubt that it's an electrical solution being used: it's only 5% efficient (panels are 15%, battery 70%, heating cooktop 50%). 0.15 x 0.7 x 0.5 = 0.05 (i.e. 5%)
3. obviously this contraption is not even solar... there's what looks like a gas burner and a gas hose likely connected to a gas tank.
4. even if it was biofuel, you don't ned the sun to spark... regular matches would do. Why go through calling it "solar" when it is anything but.

Such a let down really...

Great stuff.
This infrared reflection and concentration cooker is great, only problem is that you can't predict the weather, yet people must cook.
So it really needs an efficient accumulator. Am not sure how efficient the rock salt is. An the in demand response time, and durability.

But with the progress in solar panels- upcoming perlite technology, and battery advancement. It is a no brainer that we do not need electric or gas grid in Sub-Sahara. We just need to learn to produce solar cells locally, by growing making the semiconductor and doping them. The surface area of roofing of every house is more than enough to power its lighting, cooking and electronics. Cost is key.

Also I think it's high time we realise it's a wasted effort re-inventing the wheel. It takes so much time, when you could just learn how its has been done, then work to add to it.

2 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by showafrica(m): 6:30am On Jun 19, 2021
GreatSage:

The science behind converting solar energy to flames is what I don't understand.
In fact the energy needed to generate heat for domestic cooking is always much, 1000watts on an average, how possible is that small panel going to generate at least 500watts?
This looks like clout chasing, this isn't real.

Yea, its either Hydrogen from electrolysis or gas cylinder dey under, him just use solar dey deceive us. Hydrogen can explode with the slightest error, it is very risky to cook with that.

Hydrogen is produced seperating water into hydrogen and oxygen
by electrolysis. Dry the hydrogen gas and it becomes highly flammable. Put water in a bucket, dip copper and almunium inside and charge it, Hydrogen and oxygen will come out. If this is what the abokkii did, he tried, but its risky commercially but if its something else, then he is a genius
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by YoungWildFree: 6:46am On Jun 19, 2021
It is a solar powered biomass stove!

It follow the basic principle of fire triangle i.e.
Fire � = Fuel + Heat(energy) + Oxygen(air)

Solar powered biomass stove � =
Biomass briquette (e.g sawdust, cow dung, kitchen waste)
+
Spark igniter (powered by electric charge from solar panel)
+
Mini fan (powered by electric charge from solar panel to suck air through the sawdust briquette)

It is not renewable, you have to restuff the box with compacted biomass when expended.

Q.E.D
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by breezeng: 7:04am On Jun 19, 2021
Who is fooling who
Bring it to LAG or LASU for experimentation
All they are good at is squadring Naija money.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by DrSamOnowu87(m): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2021
showafrica:

Anything electric can ignite fire including Solar, with the help of Fuel, the fire will sustain. What that Abokiii did there is nonsense. He put gas cylinder under and ignited it will solar. Possibly, electrolysis. Hydrogen from charging battery (very dangerous)
Yeah u're right but d aboki neva told us that u needed fuel or that he used fuel to ignite fire.
Secondly,d aboki was trying to prove that there is no need buying/wasting money on petrol with d usage of his product. He think we reason like Bubu.

2 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by delawal: 8:16am On Jun 19, 2021
Dagah2:
grin
Solar ke.
Tell me where that wire abi gas hose is from grin
so its not only elections that these northerners are good in rigging. they also rig inventions?
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by winner37(m): 8:24am On Jun 19, 2021
pls with is ,I want to cook beans ,how many hour will it take the beans to get soft ?�
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by faceland: 8:40am On Jun 19, 2021
I know of some guys that invents things. Never understood why he never markets it.

Great work. I would need something affordable to power laptop that's all.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Hotspotbro(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2021
Dagah2:
grin
Solar ke.
Tell me where that wire abi gas hose is from grin
smart man
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by FarmTech(m): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2021
He might be using electrolysis to turn water into hydrogen. Which he now burns.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by IamIvason: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
Are you serious? How come combustible flare on a solar? Is it magic?
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Unclesamo(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
TruthinAction:
I wish everything will go solar so we can stop our over dependence on oil that has made our leaders thieves and lazy.
Then , they would ban Solar usage by claiming it is hazardous.
This Government only loves what they can monopolize.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Alusiizizi(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
GerogeI:

Total bullcrap you wrote there.
You can't sustain an open flame without chemical fuel burning in air. In fact a flame is a chemical reaction zone, giving off light photons.

What he had there is a gas burner using venturi mixer.
His box either is producing a gas from solar energy or he is hiding a can of lpg or lighter fluid in the box.

To produce gas, option include electrolysis, or some sort of stored chemical release. In the later case, he will be using a primary fuel and solar as secondary energy source.

Either way, the efficiency from converting a primary energy in form of electricity to flame and heat is woeful and has no future.

Actually electrolysis need not be woefully inefficient, it will just take some really clever engineering to direct all that heat to the right place, and this character does not look to be any kind of engineer. As I mentioned earlier, this thing is nothing more than a fuel lighter, like the one used to light cigarettes.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Alusiizizi(m): 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
ViolentMooslim:

Wetin you come dey talk?

Solar energy CANNOT creat heat with a RESISTING ELEMENT. It can only creat heat by light incidence and incident.

Solar can also only generate electricity of which the glow can be resisted by a resistance (which you call a resistive element), causing accumulation of charged electrons, rubbing against each other (at electron level) and releasing hear.

Chikena.

Stop using bad words on simple Engineering.

Take a typical 18 volt solar panel and connect it to a DC lightbulb, what do you get? Will there be heat? Now take a typical 18 volt solar panel, put it through a voltage booster to get about 250 volts and connect it to a heat coil. What do you get? Will there be heat? I don't have the time to play games, most especially word games.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Big Grass Cutter Killed By My Neighbour Now / The Snake A Nairalander Killed In His Neighbour's Farm / Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.