Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,716 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) (62377 Views)

Hassan & Hussaini Muhammad Nawad Design Cooking Stove That Uses Water, Petrol / Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / Man With Disability Manufactures Electric Bucket To Heat Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Sholaco: 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
Be ready to eat your beans by next week with this type of stove grin

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by modsfucker: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
Getting where? That was how they told us they found oil in d north and up till today we ve not seen d oil. Never and never would energy generated from solar ignite fire. It only heats.

There's no never in Science. You're obviously not a Scientist.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by BlackFlamefromP: 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many brilliant comments on this thread. I have learnt a lot about the chemistry of flames and heat on this thread. I never new we have so many brilliant chemists in Nairaland.

While I agree with many commentators here that that stuff there may not be real solar cooker, I want to advise the 'inventor' of the product not to take all the insults and negative comments personally. I will advise him to keep developing his inventive talent and come up with a better product. He can do it. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Our chemistry gurus in the house, I advise you to also come up with your own better invention for the betterment of humanity.

God bless Nigeria and may Nigeria be great.

5 Likes

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by AntonVince: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2021
benzene00:
oga which kind English be this

Good English.
The guy obviously has got a good command of the language.
smiley
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by HyDef(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
Here we go... grin
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Gamesmart: 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
No more Gas and kerosene as a man From Bauchi State invent A Solar Stove(pic)

Nigerian man invents suncooker that uses the light of day to cook meals in Bauchi. Engineer Hamza Abubakar Ningi will be cutting expenses on kerosene with this solar stove. I hope the idea is improved upon and the cooker produced on a bigger scale.

Well done!

We need more brains like this coming out from the North.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by SouthEastFacts: 9:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Too many intelligent minds on this forum. At least I will be going to sleep knowing more about the chemistry of flames.

Even we wey no do engineering can spot that arrewa fraud hey called invention.

Big for nothing circle.

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by necoD: 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2021
If you gullible don’t think everyone is. Solar thermal energy is in the form of heat and not flames. This is a big scam. There is no way this is possible.

Arrewa:
We are gradually getting there!!

I'm very surprised that most people in this part of the world still don't believe that solar power can ignite fire!!

So most Nigerians dont even know anything about solar thermal energy?

This explain why Africa is backward!!
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by necoD: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2021
You made absolutely no sense. Copied bullshit from Google without making any point. There is no way that project is possible, if you think it is, then explain the methodology and stop beating around the bush. Solar thermal energy produce heat not flares except when in contact with combustible material like wood, clothes, paper, in the case of your project, there is nothing like that.

This is a scam project.

Arrewa:
now let me school you...

The electricity from a solar panel can be used to create heat to start a fire. A resistive heating element like a cigarette lighter, toaster or stove element could be used.

However, a photovoltaic solar panel is about 10–15% efficient. Using the solar heat directly through a magnifying lens is much smaller, cheaper and efficient (more like 80%) depending on the surface being heated.

Now let me give u example...

PV panels can cause fires if installed improperly, just as anything electrical can, by creating a spark.

One dey even use Google to debate me...

Later Una go dey shout quota system up and down!!!

But na una be the real quota system products!!

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Frenzy01(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2021
This is commendable but I really don't understand that flame

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by rhektor(m): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
No more Gas and kerosene as a man From Bauchi State invent A Solar Stove(pic)

Nigerian man invents suncooker that uses the light of day to cook meals in Bauchi. Engineer Hamza Abubakar Ningi will be cutting expenses on kerosene with this solar stove. I hope the idea is improved upon and the cooker produced on a bigger scale.

How can we be sure about this thing now? Sunlight should be converted to heat energy not combustible flame like we are seeing in the pictures here embarassed
Looks like gas to me

1 Like

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Theoutsider: 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
We are gradually getting there!!

[s]I'm very surprised that most people in this part of the world still don't believe that[/s] solar power can ignite fire!!

[s]So most Nigerians dont even know anything about solar thermal energy?[/s]

This explain why Africa is backward!

This is the only accurate statement. Solar power used to power the IGNITOR. Gas is still being pumped into the burner.

So lets uses logic here. Solar panels converts sunlight into electricity.

Please school us how you turn electricity into a flame
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Omobalo67: 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Alusiizizi:

True, a solar panel can be used to create heat with a resistive element, but we are talking about that flare, that is suggestive of combustion and no solar panel can do that for you. Solar cooker MY FOOT!!!

Can you think of an heat exchanger medium in all this process?

Somehow could work if the the heat from the panels are highly concentrated and stored in a gas cylinder under pressure, but this could be an atomic bomb if not properly handled.

We should rather request for a video of the working principle of that item rather than condemning or insulting the innovator. If this was to be from an oyibo man we go clap without asking for working principle.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Elliotwaveforec: 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Jeezuzpick:

grin

You go wait tire!

Solar panel connected to a metal box, from which a hose carries something to a BURNER from which a FLAME erupts!

What is the FUEL being burnt?

Is it the sunlight?

Lol!
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by FRANKOSKI(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2021
our God is great
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Gfskw: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2021
Really
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Omobalo67: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Sleekfingers:

wetin be this? In this 21st century....Thrash.......a primary student in china can do far more better ........

And was have you contributed?
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Gfskw: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
Really ..
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Anointingkennel(m): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2021
Contact us For Quality Woods And Aluminum Roofing Sheet and Installation at a friendly price. Call/Watsap 0-8-1-0-0-9-3-4-2-1-0

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Emmaomotob(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Arrewa:
now let me school you...

The electricity from a solar panel can be used to create heat to start a fire. A resistive heating element like a cigarette lighter, toaster or stove element could be used.

However, a photovoltaic solar panel is about 10–15% efficient. Using the solar heat directly through a magnifying lens is much smaller, cheaper and efficient (more like 80%) depending on the surface being heated.

PV panels can cause fires if installed improperly, just as anything electrical can, by creating a spark.

How come the pipe is not burnt?
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by supercharles(m): 12:00am On Jun 19, 2021
Basically, there are three types of solar cookers
-Box cookers
-Panel cookers
-Parabolic cookers
China and India have been using parabolic cookers for preparing food and heating water.
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by supercharles(m): 12:04am On Jun 19, 2021
That's called solar box cooker, has been existing for years
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Hassanmaye(m): 12:25am On Jun 19, 2021
We are the fools shouting arewa is the problem of Nigeria bla bla or those still thinking Nigeria is 1960's Good luck aboki
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Mac2016(m): 2:27am On Jun 19, 2021
Commentor:

That's the combustible material I meant.
Paper for instance.
So how many bundles of paper would be needed to cook a pot of rice? grin
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by Mac2016(m): 2:35am On Jun 19, 2021
Maybe the solar thermal energy could be used to make a string (like in electric cooker) red hot for cooking purpose. Similar mechanism with electric cooker but not the combustion system as portrayed in the pictures.
supercharles:
Basically, there are three types of solar cookers
-Box cookers
-Panel cookers
-Parabolic cookers
China and India have been using parabolic cookers for preparing food and heating water.
You see the quote above is why oyinbos don't take most claimed inventions from Africa seriously. We need to up our game?
Me sef no know say such a thing is existing at the present. This inventor will be so disappointed now! cry
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by ARAGON22(m): 3:30am On Jun 19, 2021
This thing can't cook beans
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by tymicjay77: 4:39am On Jun 19, 2021
There are3 important question I will like to ask
1. What is passing through the hose, cos that hose is is a hollow tube. my guess combustible fuel I guessed shocked
2. How does a solar energy become combustible flame, allien science I guess. Solar energy can only be converted to heat energy, which can be inform of infrared radiation etc not flammable fire. grin grin
3. Why does the flame look like a candle flame also it seem the flame isnt coming from the outlets nozzle of the burner(not all the nozzles holes) cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by rhektor(m): 4:46am On Jun 19, 2021
Arrewa:
now let me school you...

You still failed to grasp the point he's trying to make. Solar energy will not give a combustible fire like the pictures uploaded do. Look at the hose, what was that hose transferring? undecided certainly it must be a chemical substance that is inflammable. Unless one can convert solar energy to gas cheesy there wouldn't be any need for a hose and if it were a wire then something definitely is wrong with the fire on the burner as electricity won't burn like that to produce a good result
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by rhektor(m): 4:48am On Jun 19, 2021
tymicjay77:
1. What is passing through the hose, cos that hose is is a hollow tube. my guess combustible fuel I guessed shocked
2. How does a solar energy become combustible flame, allien science I guess. Solar energy can only be converted to heat energy, which can be inform of infrared radiation etc not flammable fire. grin grin
3. Why does the flame look like a candle flame also it seem the flame isnt coming from the outlets nozzle of the burner(not all the nozzles holes) cry cry cry

This has been the questions that reasonable people on the thread has asked but arrewa think we shouldn't ask because his brother has discovered an alien tech grin
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by nextstep(m): 5:28am On Jun 19, 2021
[img][/img]
GerogeI:
When you can, go to market buy three broiler or local chicken. Come back and tie all there left legs together in one bundle. Leave them outside and come back in 24hr . They won't be further than 3 m from where you left them. That's exactly what Britain did with Nigeria.

This is some deep analogy here bro...

But back to the story: when I was a small boy around 1989, I built a solar cooker similar to the one in this picture, based on instructions from a book my mom got me. I was able to cook a small potato and a few other things.

I opened this topic hoping to see something along these lines, because Bauchi has a LOT of incident sunlight, and which would be great for cooking. If this was a serious country, they could invent a way to build them into kitchens in the North. Just need an open-roofed part, mirrors or other shiny surface and voila - albeit only when the sun shines.

I've also pondered using a very large version of this to fry garri industrially. See the second picture. This one uses uses molten salt to keep the heat even after dark. With enough R & D this could be a real thing invented by Nigerians.

However, to say I'm disappointed by this contraption is an understatement for several reasons:
1. direct solar heat will perform the task so much better
2. even if we give the benefit of the doubt that it's an electrical solution being used: it's only 5% efficient (panels are 15%, battery 70%, heating cooktop 50%). 0.15 x 0.7 x 0.5 = 0.05 (i.e. 5%)
3. obviously this contraption is not even solar... there's what looks like a gas burner and a gas hose likely connected to a gas tank.
4. even if it was biofuel, you don't ned the sun to spark... regular matches would do. Why go through calling it "solar" when it is anything but.

Such a let down really...

Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by YoungWildFree: 5:32am On Jun 19, 2021
tymicjay77:
It is a solar powered biomass stove!

It follow the basic principle of fire triangle i.e.
Fire � = Fuel + Heat(energy) + Oxygen(air)

Solar powered biomass stove � =
Biomass briquette (e.g sawdust, cow dung, kitchen waste)
+
Spark igniter (powered by electric charge from solar panel)
+
Mini fan (powered by electric charge from solar panel to suck air through the sawdust briquette)

It is not renewable, you have to restuff the box with compacted biomass when expended.

Q.E.D
Re: Hamza Abubakar Ningi Manufactures A Solar Stove In Bauchi (Pics) by 123papas(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2021
He is possibly flaring hydrogen gas. A bye product of electrolysis of water from the battery being charged by the solar panel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Left In Awe After Spotting Elephants Roaming Inside A Bush In Ogun / Big Grass Cutter Killed By My Neighbour Now / Beware!!! 5 Reasons You May Regret Spending On Solar Power!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.