Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot (26105 Views)

Top 5 Countries That Do Not Celebrate Christmas, No. 2 Surprises Many / Justice Mary Odili To Become No 2 At Supreme Court, But May Never Be CJN / Chairles Obi Odili: There Is No ₦2.3 Billion NDDC Bridge At Elebele, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Workch: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
obynzo:

You are the one that is talking Jargons. I would ask you again have you been to Awka?
Whats this one saying?
Akwa that has just 3 dualized roads?
A small town of barely 5km expressway stretch.

I have been to Awka countless times. You can take two routes to Awka from Onitsha.

It’s either you use the expressway or through Ogidi, Abagana to Amawbia in Awka, then to connect zik’s Avenue. Is is practically the busiest intraconnective road in Awka. Ziks Avenue takes you back to the expressway after unizik.

If you pass the expressway, the busiest bus stop is Aroma, I have also passed there to unizik back gate. So I know Awka verywell, that town na small town compared to Ikeja.
Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Moorish: 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
9jaRealist:

Generally, we do but it’s getting much better (and development is a PROCESS)…
The Lagos Road Code (enacted under Fashola) mandates streetlights, sidewalks, signage and markings.

Perhaps the older roads (there are over 3000 roads in Lagos) and FEDERAL roads have not yet caught up…
But at least all relatively recent Lagos roads (including the 450 inners streets done by Ambode) meet the Code.

Meanwhile, if the environment in most of Lagos are not well-kept, look no further than the CITIZENS themselves…
People trade on sidewalks, piss/defecate on the streets, litter the streets, block drainages, steal manhole covers, railings, etc.

At some point CITIZENS/residents have to bear their own share of responsibility with the government (and pay taxes!)…
Because Nigeria’s condition (and future) is ultimately the culmination of the actions of ALL Nigerians, by commission or omission!
>
Great post as always..

On your last point, I think it is through fines and law enforcement that you will get that compliance from citizens.

Then compliance will become a culture and you would hardly need any penalties or threats

1 Like

Re: Lagos Becomes Africa's Start-Up Capital, Ibadan Takes Nigeri's No 2 Spot by Aderewah: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
Workch:
Whats this one saying?
Akwa that has just 3 dualized roads?
A small town of barely 5km expressway stretch.

I have been to Awka countless times. You can take two routes to Awka from Onitsha.

It’s either you use the expressway or through Ogidi, Abagana to Amawbia in Awka, then to connect zik’s Avenue. Is is practically the busiest intraconnective road in Awka. Ziks Avenue takes you back to the expressway after unizik.

If you pass the expressway, the busiest bus stop is Aroma, I have also passed there to unizik back gate. So I know Awka verywell, that town na small town compared to Ikeja.

Omo that flathea.d couldn't reply again o. Proof that they only lie because noone visits the eroded wasteland when they're better cities so they tell lies here. What s pity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Federal Republic Of Miyetti Allah At 61 - Independent.ng / Adelabu: Abia Enjoys 24hr Power Supply, this Is What We Want / APC Primaries Loss: Did Atiku's Native Doctors Deceive Him? - Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.