Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

What It Means To Follow Jesus: By Dag Heward Mills. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Means To Follow Jesus: By Dag Heward Mills. (1633 Views)

Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri / You Can Sex Your Wife In Her Period-bishop Dag-heward Mills / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What It Means To Follow Jesus: By Dag Heward Mills. by REALTRUTH1: 11:50pm On May 05, 2011
To follow Jesus is not easy. Living for Jesus isn’t easy.
Do not believe anyone who presents a false version of Christianity to you. Christianity is all about following Jesus Christ and becoming Christ-like!
From the things Jesus said about becoming His disciple, it almost seemed as though He did not want anyone to follow Him. He warned different people who attempted to follow Him of the dangers of coming to Him.
Jesus Warns Us
He said; “if you come to me you must hate your parents, your family and yourself” (Luke 14:26).
He said to a rich man who wanted to follow Him: “You must sell whatever you have if you want to follow me” (Matthew 19:21).
He also said; “if you follow me you will not have anywhere to stay because I don’t even have the home that foxes and birds have” (Luke 9:58)
He said; “You cannot say goodbye to your family if you really want to follow me” (Luke 9:61).
He said to someone whose parents had died; “You cannot be involved in the burial of your father if you really want to be my disciple” (Luke 9:59).
Jesus Does Not Lower The Standards For Anyone
Obviously, Jesus did not intend to make things easy for anyone. He did not lower the bar for anyone. He did not give anyone special treatment. He knew He was inviting us to the greatest privilege ever given to mankind. The privilege of being saved by the blood of Jesus, the privilege of knowing God and the privilege of going to heaven!

These warnings by Jesus Christ have not deterred the millions who simply respond to His awesome love. Millions love Jesus Christ in spite of the difficult conditions that He has set for following Him.

Somehow, knowing the living God and His Son Jesus Christ is more than enough compensation for any difficulties we must experience.

Don’t listen to anyone who claims that following Jesus is all about getting blessed, rich and successful. That is not Christianity. Christianity is about losing, sacrificing, suffering and dying!
Re: What It Means To Follow Jesus: By Dag Heward Mills. by REALTRUTH1: 11:51pm On May 05, 2011
yet to see Nigerian Pastors preach the above messgae aside from kumuyi and Bakare,,,

(1) (Reply)

True Meaning Of Worship / The CallED, The SanctifiED And The PreservED - An Exposition On Jude Verse One. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.