Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained (27766 Views)

Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise / US Threatens Sanctions Against Officials In Tigray Conflict / Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Ddokie: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

o
my brother war between biafra and nigeria 2021 will be very different from 1967 ooo

one is Northerners will not get the support of yoruba or edo even middle belt self will join biafra

fulani don show us pepper we don wise!

Regardless.

The point is that if you are not as equipped as your enemy in battle, don’t fight him.

At this point, can we say we have the resources to wage a full blown war against the Nigerian state? We don’t.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ICTWeb: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2021
What you don't know is that foreign power don't go to where they don't have interest.

It's their interest first. If they have to fight your war. You will pay billions for it.

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by patrickmuf(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo
Did you even border to read the post? Orthodox Christians dominate Northern Ethiopia...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Simbrixton(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
tigray is a sad one
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Naajjii: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

o
my brother war between biafra and nigeria 2021 will be very different from 1967 ooo

one is Northerners will not get the support of yoruba or edo even middle belt self will join biafra ,

fulani don show us pepper we don wise!
Then how are you going to fight the north? Are you going to take over the middle belt states to reach the north? How ? Who are the middle belt? You dont share border with the core north yet you keep talking war between Biafra and the north. Are you nyamiri people going to take over your imaginary middle belt states to be able to reach the north and fight?
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by orriyomi33(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
These are the effects of inequalities and injustices by the Tigrays on the other tribes when their wear in power. Their leaders were sharing positions amongst them neglecting other tribes forgetting that power is transient. Hope all parties can find a middle ground to all this issues.k1666
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo

Just like United States Of America is the Northern part of America

Just like Isreal lies on the norther side of the equator
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Rolly22(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
SLOVFO:
IPOB should take note. If you don't have what it takes to win a war. Don't start it! Many are counting on the intervention of foreign bodies should armed conflicts arise in Nigeria. But from the look of things nobody is interested in that. The most USA et al would do is to place a kind of sanction on Nigeria or any other part of the country that's having an upper hand in the conflict.

Mumu you think 1967 is 2021 Nigerian soldier’s have never fought any war before, Britain,Egypt and Russia Fought Biafra for 3 years and you think that would happen again? Better Wake up.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by IMAliyu(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hammyaladin:
If this story is true......I can't help but wonder why Christians and Muslims can't leave in peace? Why tribes can put understanding before sentiment..

This is sad!!
I don't think the conflict is one of religion.

The president himself is a Christian, from a Muslim Christian family.

Seems more tribal if anything.

As to why Muslims and Christians more often find it difficult to live with one another, it's simple, clear lines need to be drawn when it comes to religious matters.
Because eventually one of religions is going to try to dominate the other, because they see their way as the righteous way and the other's as misguided.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Kemistri4(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
orriyomi33:
These are the effects of inequalities and injustices by the Tigrays on the other tribes when their wear in power. Their leaders were sharing positions amongst them neglecting other tribes forgetting that power is transient. Hope all parties can find a middle ground to all this issues.k1666

Was Hailemariam Desalegn a tigrayan?

Didn't Abiy serve as minister in the EPRDF coalition?
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ShadowM(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:

Ode! I'm sure you missed the part it was stated that they are orthodox christians before showing us how much of a bigot you are.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by imagrg(m): 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
And many youths in Nigeria are agitating war.
If they know how gory the previous civil war was, none would ever wished for it.
The truth is that, the people inciting war are cooling themselves off in Europe and America while the doodies are killing themselves here in Naija.
PEACEFUL DIALOGUE AND RESOLUTION OF CONFLICT IS ALL WE NEED. AND OUR LEGISLATORS OWE US THIS!

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by NacoAba: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
Your kind still living in olden days. Igbo is scattered all over the world, you can't do anything to them. You can secretly massacre the youths but when you try it openly you buy market . So change your mindset and stop wishing people who don't care about you destruction.

SLOVFO:
IPOB should take note. If you don't have what it takes to win a war. Don't start it! Many are counting on the intervention of foreign bodies should armed conflicts arise in Nigeria. But from the look of things nobody is interested in that. The most USA et al would do is to place a kind of sanction on Nigeria or any other part of the country that's having an upper hand in the conflict.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by DonroxyII: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
I just pray Nigeria do not witness this soon war
I can only Hope because Nigeria is closer !

Amen to your prayer !!
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Kemistri4(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeria have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

the oromo people are Muslims, they are the majority.

while the Tigray are christains, they are like a dot in a circle.

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.

Lol. This analysis is all wrong.

First, Ethiopia is a Christian majority nation 60%: 30%

2nd, Amharas and Tigrayans are Christians

3rd, Oromo and Somali are the only Muslim majority region in Ethiopia. Even Oromo is 40% Christian

4th, Abiy Ahmed Ali is a Pentecostal Christian, not a Muslim

5th, Muslims are the historically marginalized religion in Ethiopia even today; though there's been a brief reprieve under Abiy

The conflict is more of a tribal one.

I think the TPLF made a mistake first by defiantly conducting elections and attacking a military base

Abiy on the other hand, should discharge Eritrean troops and Amhara militias...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by heniford2: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
DonroxyII:

Amen to your prayer !!
but if the war will make us to have Biafra abeg make we fight am oh because as e dey so we need Biafra
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Almaigaa: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
I just pray Nigeria do not witness this soon war

It can only happen in the EAST. cheesy

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by murphyibiam15(m): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
The summary of the whole thing is that pride led them to slaughter one another
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by thaoriginator: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
You've just reasoned with your nyansh, your brain dey smell
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by 24SEVEN: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:
And some deluded idiots like Julius Malema [/b]think it's possible to unite Africa without 1st fixing each nation undecided. They think getting rid of the borders will automatically make everyone peaceful,really ?.

[b] I am Vindicated. someone else has confirmed juliusmalema an idi.ott
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Johnlegacy57: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.
Christianity is about 3x of Islam in Ethiopia. The oromo are predominantly Christians.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by imagrg(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Those being influenced by foreign detractors should think twice and resolve to peaceful negotiation rather than war because war is not beautiful. When it starts, those urging you on would run away with their families abroad while they leave you here to die. So, shine your eyes!
DonroxyII:

Amen to your prayer !!
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by MansoryMX(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of [i]every[/i] MOST AFRICA country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo

It’s all because of Islam. Anywhere Islam thrive in Africa check thoroughly. Nothing more!

2 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sincinnati:
The Weeknd for President cool

I swear

Saw the news and remembered The Weeknd’s timeless piece: “The Knowing”

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by brainhgeek(m): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:

It's like the game of the thrones bro.
There are kings in the north.....
Even from bible times, they have been ravaging.

Daniel 11:13
For the king of the North will again raise a greater multitude than the former, [/b]and after an interval of some years he will press on with a great army and much equipment

Isaiah 14:31
“Wail, O gate; cry, O city;
Melt away, O Philistia, all of you;
[b]For smoke comes from the north
And there is no straggler in his ranks.

Jeremiah 1:13-14
The word of the Lord came to me a second time saying, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see a boiling pot, facing away from the north.” Then the Lord said to me, “Out of the north the evil will break forth on all the inhabitants of the land. ....
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by jimyjames(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The CHESTBEATERs and Ipob messengers Love War.

Yoruba people and northern people should be ready for igbo refugees in the future.

There was no single igbo refugee in Yoruba land or up north or even in Cameroon during the biafran war, igbos lived and died on their lands, we are not like Yorubas and northerners currently in refugee camps in Benin republic , Niger republic , Cameron and Chad because on common bandits and Boko harram
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:

Stop saying what you don't know, the Oromo people are more than 60 percent Christian and on a general level; Christians are the majority in Ethiopia

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
For a president who have won a Nobel Peace prize award fighting this kind of war then it must have mean he must have been pushed to the wall
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by CollinsAbims: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
The Holy Book says ' fear North' ... if you know ,you know
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by MansoryMX(m): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
SLOVFO:

You think the Igbos of today are same in Ojukwu era? Think very very well! I am any Igbo man or related to one but I can tell the day Buhari choose to declare an all out war against Igbos. All other two region will descend on the North and it’s military forces. Mark these words today!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump Alarms Lawmakers With Disparaging Words For Haiti And Africa / Egypt Devalues Its Pound, Loses Over 50% Against US Dollars / Racist Comments By White Men On Ghana Explosion Pointed Out By Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.