Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained (27754 Views)

Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise / US Threatens Sanctions Against Officials In Tigray Conflict / Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by SouthEastFacts: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The CHESTBEATERs and Ipob messengers Love War.

Yoruba people and northern people should be ready for igbo refugees in the future.
And you have to smuggle Yorubas into this
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by musapeter72(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
SLOVFO:
IPOB should take note. If you don't have what it takes to win a war. Don't start it! Many are counting on the intervention of foreign bodies should armed conflicts arise in Nigeria. But from the look of things nobody is interested in that. The most USA et al would do is to place a kind of sanction on Nigeria or any other part of the country that's having an upper hand in the conflict.

Oil dey your head bro, I never see unsophisticated people like Ipob followers. They have been brainwashed by Nnamdi Kanu who never care about their welfare but himself. Ipob is a scam Las Las!
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Readre(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeria have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

the oromo people are Muslims, they are the majority.

while the Tigray are christains, they are like a dot in a circle.

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.
the oromo are not majorly muslims
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Maobichek: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yoruba people and northern people should be ready for igbo refugees in the future.

There will be no Igbo refeguees nor any other refeguees in Nigeria and bear in mind though you see Nairaland as a faceless platform; it's not.

If you want to talk about IPOB, talk about IPOB and stop profiling all Igbos as IPOB.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by murphyibiam15(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
but if the war will make us to have Biafra abeg make we fight am oh because as e dey so we need Biafra
Fighting it with mouth from your mother's hut cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by murphyibiam15(m): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:

You think the Igbos of today are same in Ojukwu era? Think very very well! I am any Igbo man or related to one but I can tell the day Buhari choose to declare an all out war against Igbos. All other two region will descend on the North and it’s military forces. Mark these words today!
Lol, which other regions will descend on the north, is it the yoruba Muslims or who?

You're obviously still a small child grin cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by MansoryMX(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Lol, which other regions will descend on the north, is it the yoruba Muslims or who?

You're obviously still a small child grin cheesy cheesy

A small child wiser than your father I guess lipsrsealed
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by murphyibiam15(m): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:

A small child stupid and unwise like his father
Fixed at emboldened cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lionessza6(f): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
mmsen:

It will help dilute a lot of the petty, tribalistic nonsense that Africans seem privy to if there is more movement between places and a realization that the differences are relatively minor.

Lol, how will African countries who have failed dealing with tribalism deal with xenophobia?. Dont you think we will be replacing tribalism with xenophobia, as most tribes who are citizens of the nations that will be invaded by hungry migrants will unite and fight the "aliens ". Why runaway from such a smaller challenge ......tribalism ....to an even bigger one ?

3 Likes

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by MansoryMX(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Fixed at emboldened cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

Hahahahhaha abeg carry your wahala go away cheesy
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by MisteerConcord(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
That's why the Bible says, "Fear NORTH"

godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by aieromon(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2021

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Energybulb: 12:52pm On Jun 19, 2021
[oil dey your head!
A word is enough for the wise!!! ]IPOB should take note. If you don't have what it takes to win a war. Don't start it! Many are counting on the intervention of foreign bodies should armed conflicts arise in Nigeria. But from the look of things nobody is interested in that. The most USA et al would do is to place a kind of sanction on Nigeria or any other part of the country that's having an upper hand in the conflict. [/quote]
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by heniford2: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Fighting it with mouth from your mother's hut cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
na you sabi
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lionessza6(f): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
24SEVEN:

I am Vindicated. someone else has confirmed juliusmalema an idi.ott grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol, both online and offline, the name Julius Malema means foolish thug .
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Calebeslove4u(m): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
[sup][/sup]
Macsjebs:
cool
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lionessza6(f): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Lol.. are you South African?

Yes ,I am.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by 24SEVEN: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:

Lol, both online and offline, the name Julius Malema means foolish thug .

Hahaha. wow juliusmalema might cry if he see this write-up. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by mmsen: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:

Lol, how will African countries who have failed dealing with tribalism deal with xenophobia?. Dont you think we will be replacing tribalism with xenophobia, as most tribes who are nationals of the nations that will be invaded by hungry migrants will unite and fight the "aliens ". Why runaway from such a smaller challenge ......tribalism ....to an even bigger one ?

African tribalism is fueled by ignorance and the general lack of movement. Make it easier for people to travel and that ignorance will dissipate. It's the same formula that has worked elsewhere. I'm not suggesting anything novel.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
I just pray Nigeria do not witness this soon war but if this war will make us to have Biafra abeg make we fight am oh haba Nigeria don tire me I swear bad government igbo's pushed aside since the inception of Nigeria igbo man has not been a president make we fight this war to get Biafra

The questions that you should ask yourself are:
If Igbo man eventually becomes president in Nigeria, will your problems be solved ?
Did GEJ solve the problems of Niger Delta when he became a president or did Niger Delta suffer more?
If Biafra goes to war with Nigeria, will you be alive or will any of your generation be alive to witness the outcome let alone who's going to become president?

I have lived with all the major tribes in Nigeria, what I have noticed is "selfishness"

We so much wanted a southern man to become a CBN governor till we got the chance.
What's my benefits from that? My benefit is that i now pay tax for everything; calls, bank deposits and withdrawals, even on failed transactions, increment of food prices. He so much wished he could tax the air we breath.

Note: This does not mean the North should rule forever , it's rather an advocacy for full democracy as it is in in US; where we don't care who govern the nation base on tribe but on pedigree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ezechi24(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
SLOVFO:
IPOB should take note. If you don't have what it takes to win a war. Don't start it! Many are counting on the intervention of foreign bodies should armed conflicts arise in Nigeria. But from the look of things nobody is interested in that. The most USA et al would do is to place a kind of sanction on Nigeria or any other part of the country that's having an upper hand in the conflict.

trash from top to bottom....ask ur self who was begged international bodies for help during the civil war ......who had all the supper powers in their side and were still held down for 3 good years .....oga the funny thing is that things have changed and if una try any how ...una go collect back and front ..left right and center......no tiv,no yoruba, no british, no cameroon, una go collect.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by eldoradoxx: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

STFU. If the Yoruba and Northern minorities as well as Niger Delta had summoned enough courage like the Igbos to confront the Northern jihadists who own oil wells in the Niger Delta when the landlords own nothing, manage the entire Ports in Lagos and South West when they don't own one ship or wharf then the rest of us would not be slaves begging Buhari to hold his bandits brothers from murdering us all. It is a conspiracy of silence. Everyone wants to be silent and let the igbos start another war so that they can again conpire with Hausa Fulanis to murder the igbos again and take over their assets all over the country just like they did in the 60s. A country of shameless hypocrites. We will all remain slaves to the Fulanis until we learn to fight for our freedom.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Sunday2021: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
I just pray Nigeria do not witness this soon war but if this war will make us to have Biafra abeg make we fight am oh haba Nigeria don tire me I swear bad government igbo's pushed aside since the inception of Nigeria igbo man has not been a president make we fight this war to get Biafra
we have more than 350 tribes in Nigeria, and the igbos are only one of those tribes. Meanwhile, this is democracy you cannot insult and threaten other people and also expect them to vote for you.
Tell the igbos to build bridges instead of threatening and killing other tribes.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by heniford2: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
prekumohtim:

The questions that you should ask yourself are:
If Igbo man eventually becomes president in Nigeria, will your problems be solved ?
Did GEJ solve the problems of Niger Delta when he became a president or did Niger Delta suffer more?
If Biafra goes to war with Nigeria, will you be alive or will any of your generation be alive to witness the outcome let alone who's going to become president?

I have lived with all the major tribes in Nigeria, what I have noticed is selfishness and bittersurfer

We so much wanted a southern man to become a CBN governor till we got the chance.
What's my benefits from that? My benefit is that i now pay tax for everything; calls, bank deposits and withdrawals, even on failed transactions, increment of food prices. He so much wished he could tax the air we breath.

Note: This does not mean the North should rule forever , it's rather an advocacy for full democracy as it is in in US; where we don't care who govern the nation base on tribe but on pedigree.
bro all this thing you typed know is what we want if any igbo man becomes president then we can believe we are part of this country, apart from that lets divided if we can't do so in peace, war is over too even if I die the movement will continue after all everyone must die one day
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lionessza6(f): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
mmsen:

African tribalism is fueled by ignorance and the general lack of movement. Make it easier for people to travel and that ignorance will dissipate. It's the same formula that has worked elsewhere. I'm not suggesting anything novel.

You don't get my point ,so when these other tribes travel to another corner of the continent the ignorance will disappear?. Are we not seeing people who were ritualists ,drug traffickers ,human traffickers ,fake pastors etc in their countries of birth taking these same vices all across the continent causing a rise to passport tribalism **xenophobia **?. Crossing borders can never change anyone, it will only show who they truly are. Africa needs quality education, so that each country or region can develop it's own people, this will cure the desparation to move around and reduce the ignorance .

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Sunday2021: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
Elock1:
has it not been referendum we have been asking for?
Why change the narrative?
where did you ask for referendum? Making noise on social media is not the right way. Approach the national assembly if you really want a referendum.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lionessza6(f): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:

Exactly, I said this on my post that first, Africans need to fix their ethnic rationality. No major ethnic group will be happy to be dominated. It is like the French dominating the English or the Scotish. This will surely cause war.

I read about the UK union of 4 nations and I was amazed at the contents that I read. The Scotish were a bit scared of joining the union at first becus they didnt want to be dominated by the English. But a proper system was put in place to reduce this. That is why the nations that make up the UK have their own culture, religion, national identity and even national sporting teams. It is a global fear: ethnic domination is a global fear and the best thing to do is to run a system that will not give any major ethnic group opportunity to dominate others. Buhari could have pushed us into war becus he came in with complete ethnic bias in place and pushed his tribe to rule over others in Nigeria.

Things like this can cause war in a fragile country like Nigeria. Africa will never know peace if she doesnt run a political system that grants major ethic groups complete national identity, same as minor ethnic group. The current prime minister of Ethiopa caused this rubbish. He came in with ethnic domination mindset. I dont know what is wrong with blacks. It was later that I read and understood the type of agreement Monaco has with France. That is it. Let nation building be based on agreement that can be reviewed and let these ethnic groups enjoy political national identity. Europe did a great job in managing their ethnicity, especially, western Europe and that is why u see peace and stability there. They used to fight before and the wars were mainly all about ethnic domination.

Africans dont want to hear the truth. We need to grant ethnic groups national identity to help grow Africa. Look at this war in Ethiopia will take another 30 years to fix. This is why Africa is so backward. Sudan fought war for 28 years to free south sudan. Come on, why all these madness? come on, Africa. What is all these?

I agree with most of what you said ,but you must also realise that the dissolution of some African nations will not be so easy as they were created by the West to benefit the West and there are also a lot of local beneficiaries as well. And these local beneficiaries make sure there is lack of quality education, shytty media coverage of the the realities on the ground ,and also mass poverty ( to create easy-to control political thugs ,misguided child soldiers and bandits). Put all these together ,and you will realise that the shytty state of most of Africa is big money for others, including African elites. So this is unlike Europe where they only had to fight one another to create their new nations, africans are fighting Africans and the Western powers who cannot do without the minerals of africa .
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by SLOVFO(m): 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
ezechi24:

trash from top to bottom....ask ur self who was begged international bodies for help during the civil war ......who had all the supper powers in their side and were still held down for 3 good years .....oga the funny thing is that things have changed and if una try any how ...una go collect back and front ..left right and center......no tiv,no yoruba, no british, no cameroon, una go collect.
Talk is cheap. Only a mad man would carry war to his doorsteps.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by FlordFlorez(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by SLOVFO(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
MansoryMX:

You think the Igbos of today are same in Ojukwu era? Think very very well! I am any Igbo man or related to one but I can tell the day Buhari choose to declare an all out war against Igbos. All other two region will descend on the North and it’s military forces. Mark these words today!

Which other region will join forces with IPOB ? You underestimate Federal might. Don't bank on external help ooo. Moreover, have you built bridges with these other regions you are banking on to help you fight the Nigeria?
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by jaxxy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:

When Jonathan was there Nigeria didn't tire u now buhari is there u want war to destroy the lives of millions of innocent people. Nonsense!

Is buhari the owner of Nigeria that u want to destroy Nigeria because of him? Will he not leave and go back to where he came from?

Let us think like rational humanbeings ooo. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ukraine’s Largest Nuclear Power Plant Seized, Russia Informs IAEA / Egypt Devalues Its Pound, Loses Over 50% Against US Dollars / Racist Comments By White Men On Ghana Explosion Pointed Out By Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.