Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained (28188 Views)

Ali Bongo: I Don't Know What's Happening, I Have Been Arrested, make noise / US Threatens Sanctions Against Officials In Tigray Conflict / Tigray: Ethiopian Army Retreats As Rebels Enter The Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ezechi24(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
SLOVFO:

Talk is cheap. Only a mad man would carry war to his doorsteps.

only a foolish man will fight a man in his house.....see the way fulani soldiers dey die for east .... grin grin grin grin...confirm
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Elock1: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sunday2021:
where did you ask for referendum? Making noise on social media is not the right way. Approach the national assembly if you really want a referendum.
k
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by SLOVFO(m): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
ezechi24:

only a foolish man will fight a man in his house.....see the way fulani soldiers dey die for east .... grin grin grin grin...confirm
And do you know how many noncombatants have fallen victim to this crisis in Owerri (Imo state) alone? Pray you don't fall victim to this crisis. May God endow my brothers in the SE with the wisdom to handle this crisis. Amen. Because we are carrying about like some senseless mobs.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by samonak(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeria have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

the oromo people are Muslims, they are the majority.

while the Tigray are christains, they are like a dot in a circle.

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.

For your Info, Abiy Ahmed is a Christian, though most of his family members are Muslims.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:

Yes ,I am.
Nice!!

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
IMAliyu:

I don't think the conflict is one of religion.

The president himself is a Christian, from a Muslim Christian family.

Seems more tribal if anything.

As to why Muslims and Christians more often find it difficult to live with one another, it's simple, clear lines need to be drawn when it comes to religious matters.
Because eventually one of religions is going to try to dominate the other, because they see their way as the righteous way and the other's as misguided.
hmm! Deep
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ifiokjohn(m): 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeriyoure a have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

so the oromo president Abiy Ahmed decided to talk to them in a language they would understand. he turned off internet service in the region since the war started.

They don't have state, they have region, based on the tribe. the Tigray were the minority ruling a Muslim majority tribe.

The Amhara and the oromo people have a common enemy . they have decided to commit a genocide by wiping off the Tigray people.
You're wrong. Christianity is the majority in Ethiopia with 66% while islamis 33%
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by proprince(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
North again

Fear north anywhere in the world.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Princedapace(m): 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lionessza6:

I agree with most of what you said ,but you must also realise that the dissolution of some African nations will not be so easy as they were created by the West to benefit the West and there are also a lot of local beneficiaries as well. And these local beneficiaries make sure there is lack of quality education, shytty media coverage of the the realities on the ground ,and also mass poverty ( to create easy-to control political thugs ,misguided child soldiers and bandits). Put all these together ,and you will realise that the shytty state of most of Africa is big money for others, including African elites. So this is unlike Europe where they only had to fight one another to create their new nations, africans are fighting Africans and the Western powers who cannot do without the minerals of africa .

You are right. It is unfortunate that Africans are not ready to do the right things becauss of our greed.
If we are collectively interested in fixing our mess, we can do it. Not even Europeans can't stop us. When the Europeans came back then, they met willing tools who were ready to work against their own people. That is the story till date.
It must not really be all about dissolution. I strongly believe in strong political and national identity to major ethnic groups to reduce political friction and give room for more focus on development. But as you said, we have many forces to contend with, among them, our own people. Sad

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by southpole: 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Benekkk:
Sadly, the world doesn't seem to care! Myanmar, Cameroon, Ethiopia etc, etc.
is only when Israel respond to Hamas attack you see the whole world coming together to find solution, but Africans are dieing everyday yet is like UN or security council doesn't exist
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by cocolacec(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hammyaladin:
If this story is true......I can't help but wonder why Christians and Muslims can't leave in oeace? Why tribes can put understanding before sentiment..
This is sad!!

Islam and Christianity nevee live in Peacce ask the Europeans,They are two bandits seeking for power,control and money.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Kirigidi(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Ethiopia and Nigeria have one thing in common. Islam vs christain.

You lied, majority of Ethiopians are Christians. Christianity is the largest religion in Ethiopia. Google is there for you to find out.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by tweakdude1: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ladies and gentlemen avoid Northern part of any nation
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Kirigidi(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hammyaladin:
If this story is true......I can't help but wonder why Christians and Muslims can't leave in oeace? Why tribes can put understanding before sentiment..

This is sad!!
Don't take that guy serious, Christianity still remain the largest religion in Ethiopia.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lionessza6(f): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
Princedapace:

You are right. It is unfortunate that Africans are not ready to do the right things becauss of our greed.
If we are collectively interested in fixing our mess, we can do it. Not even Europeans can't stop us. When the Europeans came back then, they met willing tools who were ready to work against their own people. That is the story till date.
It must not really be all about dissolution. I strongly believe in strong political and national identity to major ethnic groups to reduce political friction and give room for more focus on development. But as you said, we have many forces to contend with, among them, our own people. Sad

It's truly sad and frustrating. I think the sooner the so- called educated Africans encourage farming ,and self reliance to the more poorer Africans the better. This will help curb hunger, as you know this is a great tool used to control the masses . Once people stop being so hungry, it is then that meaningful conversations will take place ,not what we're having now all over Africa ; anger and violence and the very poor people being used as tools to silence those speaking the truth.

With regards to the system of governance, I believe a little bit of dictatorship would be needed with traditional leadership at the centre, this would help with shaping a somewhat common national identity(without religion as a divider ).

Is there a major ethnic group that can take all of you together in Nigeria and win ? If there is then you'd really need to separate with them . In South Africa we have none ,it'd be easy to cut them down to size if all other provinces felt threatened . Our shyttiest challenge would still remain race as we have very little in common with Indian and white people( maybe a slow ,silent genocide ? grin grin grin grin).

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lekan239(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gucciboy1:
Unlimited browsing cheat for Airtel, Glo, 9mobile and 100mb daily limit for MTN available at affordable price, WhatsApp me if interested.
you want me to drop this cheat here for everyone, y are you guys just so greedy
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:

Another DUMB head slammer who thinks that this is 1967. You are on your own this time around. Its everybody against juhadists.
Pls get this straight to ur head. Saying someone is on his own is a coded message which u need to send clearly but a fatal mistake u will make again. Do u mean Yoruba and NC states won't fight u? Soldiers have no tribe no religion bit their country!
Get ready and know that soldiers don't turn back on order, many Kanuris killed their fellow Kanuri relatives to give NE life, many Northern Muslims are mostly in front line leading to the deaths of alarming thousands of Muslims in Borno including innocent souls, Muslims soldiers don't at all pity Musims terrorists in NE, all soldiers from all tribes in Nigeria have sworn to die for the cause of this Nation. Ordinary, bloody citizens, Politicians, activists, freedom fighters neither command nor fight war, soldiers fight it and they'll kill their relatives for National interest.
Ofcourse, 2021 isn't 1967, in 1967 Nigeria didn't have enough Arsenal to fight war because it was never expected at that young age but in 2021 a single 40-barrel can wipe out a big city in 2hrs & NA have many in Borno and they're being used on both innocents and terrorists (circumstances forced this), PMB mate Nigeria with only 16 fighter jets and now he bought 24 fighter jets including those to soon be deployed, Tucano jets, last year FG acquired more than 100 battle tanks, SH-5 self-propelled howitzers and other equipment in addition to what we had. So relying on Christians from Middlebelt and south to protect u is a fatal mistake, civil war is fought by soldiers who pledged allegiance to their nation not those religious leaders brainwashing u with lies that middlebelt fought the war and now they'll not help.
Wake up otherwise Tigray will be a child play. I hope Tigray issue will help u learn that UN, US, EU, AU, ECOWAS are helpless in war; they can only put sanctions and send food and medical aide!
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Tribu(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo

'fear North'
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
Coronabirus:
Pls get this straight to ur head. Saying someone is on his own is a coded message which u need to send clearly but a fatal mistake u will make again. Do u mean Yoruba and NC states won't fight u? Soldiers have no tribe no religion bit their country!
Get ready and know that soldiers don't turn back on order, many Kanuris killed their fellow Kanuri relatives to give NE life, many Northern Muslims are mostly in front line leading to the deaths of alarming thousands of Muslims in Borno including innocent souls, Muslims soldiers don't at all pity Musims terrorists in NE, all soldiers from all tribes in Nigeria have sworn to die for the cause of this Nation. Ordinary, bloody citizens, Politicians, activists, freedom fighters neither command nor fight war, soldiers fight it and they'll kill their relatives for National interest.
Ofcourse, 2021 isn't 1967, in 1967 Nigeria didn't have enough Arsenal to fight war because it was never expected at that young age but in 2021 a single 40-barrel can wipe out a big city in 2hrs & NA have many in Borno and they're being used on both innocents and terrorists (circumstances forced this), PMB mate Nigeria with only 16 fighter jets and now he bought 24 fighter jets including those to soon be deployed, Tucano jets, last year FG acquired more than 100 battle tanks, SH-5 self-propelled howitzers and other equipment in addition to what we had. So relying on Christians from Middlebelt and south to protect u is a fatal mistake, civil war is fought by soldiers who pledged allegiance to their nation not those religious leaders brainwashing u with lies that middlebelt fought the war and now they'll not help.
Wake up otherwise Tigray will be a child play. I hope Tigray issue will help u learn that UN, US, EU, AU, ECOWAS are helpless in war; they can only put sanctions and send food and medical aide!

Trust me Pal, just as Igbo soldiers left the NA in 1967, is the same way that they will leave the NA in 2021 and a huge number of SS , SW and I dare say MB soldiers as well. Indeed some may remain but they will be in the minority this time.

Everybody, knows your agenda this time around and trust me nobody is going to fight your Jihad for you except the die hard radical islamists. That time is coming and will soon come when push becomes shove.

Biafra held 3 major western powers to a stand still for almost 3 years. This time around will be very very different. Of course we all pray for peace and want peace but MARRIAGE is not my force.

Ethiopia and Nigeria are different ball games in different contexts.

Don't deceive yourself with emotional dreams.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
IPIGSRMUMUS:

Nigerian's problem right now is in the SADEAST.
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Gucciboy1(m): 7:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lekan239:
you want me to drop this cheat here for everyone, y are you guys just so greedy

Don't sound so stupid. I paid for it, you don't expect me to drop it for free.

You can drop it for free I'd you want, it's non of my business.

Don't come here and be claiming Mr. Perfect
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by DonroxyII: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
imagrg:
Those being influenced by foreign detractors should think twice and resolve to peaceful negotiation rather than war because war is not beautiful. When it starts, those urging you on would run away with their families abroad while they leave you here to die. So, shine your eyes!
The way it's all going if our leaders do not call themselves to order and check on themselves... War is already on !!

War is looming even animals knows War is Damning!!

But the way it's all going Nigeria is in War Already .... The North is only fearing United Southern Nigeria if not The war would already be raging now ....

This is 21st century and Nigeria is boiling!!
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Guynexttdoor: 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
Africa and instability are 5 &6
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Basher8583: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
heniford2:
I just pray Nigeria do not witness this soon war but if this war will make us to have Biafra abeg make we fight am oh haba Nigeria don tire me I swear bad government igbo's pushed aside since the inception of Nigeria igbo man has not been a president make we fight this war to get Biafra

So that has really been your problem. Presidency....
Is it too bad to work for it....

You can't have it on a platter of gold.

If you don't understand diplomacy and strategy go and learn it.

Shebi you guys said you are the most educated tribe in Nigeria and yet diplomacy eludes you.
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Basher8583: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
godwinkessi:
Why is that the Northern part of every country is Where most Problem People stay? Every country that is having problem, just check well, u will see it’s from their northern part. I don’t think it’s coincidence ooo

Here in Nigeria it has always being the dot in SE.

North has always being at the forefront fighting for the unity of the country

Every region has their fair share of inter regional crisis. In the North, Boko haram is one of them.

Banditry and kidnapping started from SS. Every region shares this internal crisis.

Inter regional issues remains internal. Abi Boko Haram don shift base come SE or SW?

And please don't come with the fulani herdsmen stuff. They are no threat. Its you people killing yourselves under the guise of fulani herdsmen you should watch out for
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by heniford2: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Basher8583:

So that has really been your problem. Presidency....
Is it too bad to work for it....

You can't have it on a platter of gold.

If you don't understand diplomacy and strategy go and learn it.

Shebi you guys said you are the most educated tribe in Nigeria and yet diplomacy eludes you.
we have a lot uneducated North that is the reason for it so we need Biafra so you guys can rule forever if you people like

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by LordGuru1: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
Islamabad! Just 7million out of 112million pupollation, yet also causing the Fulani effect there. angry

1 Like

Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Lekan239(m): 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gucciboy1:

Don't sound so stupid. I paid for it, you don't expect me to drop it for free.

You can drop it for free I'd you want, it's non of my business.

Don't come here and be claiming Mr. Perfect
you are highly stupid. why is there no way to block people from seeing their post here
Re: What's Happening In Tigray? Ethiopia's Brutal Civil War Explained by Gucciboy1(m): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
Lekan239:
you are highly stupid. why is there no way to block people from seeing their post here

You're obviously the highly stupid one. You just insult me for nothing and you think there's nothing wrong with you.

I guess it's how it runs on your family. You've got no self regard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lesotho General Elections 2022: RFP, A Newly Formed Party Is Winning / Ghanaian Woman Marries Her Dog / Egypt Devalues Its Pound, Loses Over 50% Against US Dollars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.