Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. (27331 Views)

I Finally Had An Extra Year / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Ashirioluwa: 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2021
You that started it will finish it
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Wardstunna22(m): 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
I had 21 carryovers upon graduation from school In 2018 I have written them all and passed them all now in A's and B's. Waiting to serve next batch. Put in the required work fill up your CA space and read up. Extra year moulds people. We've been there it's a phase Brace up and never look back...
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Timidangote(m): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Bro you are strong. Wish I have a friend like you.
Cashio:
Extra year no mean anything bro. Yes you will feel bad, but in a short while, you and your hommies will even start making fun of it all...just use the extra year wisely to invest on something worthwhile while you wait to rewrite the said courses...

With my gp slightly above 4 points in 2019, I was hoping to be the best graduating student in my class or at least second best. But shit happened and I and my roommates came late for our second to the last paper and we were denied entry into the examination hall. It gave the 3 of us automatic extra year and particularly cost me a fully funded Msc scholarship with a 450k laptop.
I felt terrible and regretted all the efforts I made while in school to come out good. Well, I moved on and we just wrote the exam last month. Funny that was de only carryover course I wrote all through my stay in school...one of the reasons I still feel terrible.
life happens man.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Andercruz: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Trust God Almighty; stay close to him. Certainly, he will help you out.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2021
Ekeseges:
It is not the end of the world, Brace up, register them and you would pass them.God guide you
thanks dear
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
macnino399:

Brace up bro, this would all be a story someday, very soon you'd have this caption "how I made it in life despite having an extra year in school".
Sometimes I wonder why lecturers fail final year students. I'm currently in my final year and there's this lecturer in my department that told us that out of the 6 questions he'd set in exam even if you could answer only 1 correctly irrespective of your CA you're sure of passing the course, I just wished all lecturers were like him.

OP. In all you do, you must NEVER break!
Cheers.
thanks, I appreciate
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
talk2hb1:

Tooh,
I understand how it feels.
I deferred a session, had two extra years, and I still graduated with strong 2:1. Its not the end of the world bro, just take advantage of the moment to improve yourself.
how did you do it?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
JOACHINpedro:
Man up bro.
Utilize the time to seeing that you pass it.

Learn digital skills while on it so that you boost your work acceptability.

I'm in finals too(writing my exams) but I know say I fit come back cus of financial depression that I had during my first semester exam.
But regardless, I'm won't give up. I know my capabilities and I won't back down because of excuses.
P.S you'll face worse in future but your management skill is what will help you surmount obstacles.

Good luck bro
sorry bro
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2021
LordIsaac:
It's just an extra year. Before you know it, it will come to pass. Some didn't have it, and Bokoharam killed them. Thank God you will be alive to do it and finish it well.
My spirit is once again lifted.

1 Like

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kehcsc:
Hey bro... Look at the brighter side... U now have an extra year to get Ur self equipped with that skilled u always wanted to learn. An extra of no much stress... It's just one course dat u have to worry about now... All the remaining time is for u to focus and grab a useful skill while leaving the school system. So cheer up bro... It will all be history soonest.

Love from a finalist just like u.
what as skill can I learn
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
Cashio:
Extra year no mean anything bro. Yes you will feel bad, but in a short while, you and your hommies will even start making fun of it all...just use the extra year wisely to invest on something worthwhile while you wait to rewrite the said courses...

With my gp slightly above 4 points in 2019, I was hoping to be the best graduating student in my class or at least second best. But shit happened and I and my roommates came late for our second to the last paper and we were denied entry into the examination hall. It gave the 3 of us automatic extra year and particularly cost me a fully funded Msc scholarship with a 450k laptop.
I felt terrible and regretted all the efforts I made while in school to come out good. Well, I moved on and we just wrote the exam last month. Funny that was de only carryover course I wrote all through my stay in school...one of the reasons I still feel terrible.
life happens man.
I'm sorry for what happened to you. I admire your resilience.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Karleb:

The OP should use this advice o.

Start learning a skill now. Dedicate 2 hours per day for the course and use the rest to learn a skill. By the time you finish NYSC you would have gotten to intermediate level at least. Such skills can fetch you money or help propell your career.

You should worry more about life after school because it's inevitable and not easy.
can you suggest a skill for me
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by talk2hb1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:
how did you do it?
I already have strong CGPA, although the carryover does affected my CGPA.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by sync(f): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Don’t worry you’ll be fine
Since it’s an elective course, can’t you drop it and pick a simpler one next time?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
I feel your pain bro, just keep the hope alive.
I'm a final year student too but I was made to understand by my LA that if by chance I carry any elective course rn, I could waive it or so.. Why don't you try and see your LA, who knows whether there might be a solution to it.. All these stated above also have to do with your school and more importantly, your faculty. But try n see first
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Obsession4u: 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Not the end of the world bro.
I'm 26 yrs of age and I also have an extra year now. I feel pained also but one has to move on.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by kamtrix(m): 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:
I'm in my finals and I just found out that I will be carrying over two courses in my extra year cry. My results just came out.

The saddest thing is that it's even an elective borrowed course from physics. All my mates that borrowed it failed it too. If only I could see the future.
I feel doomed and depressed.
Regret is eating me up!

I could have done a simpler course.
God what led me to physics?

I've been passing all my courses until now. How can I handle this?
Friend don't give up. It's one of two things. Then in uniben had 3 failed courses in final year. After first batch result came 9out I was told to come and start the extra year. I prayed, didn't even fast or give 1 kobo. But God helped me even in my sins, it wasn't an easy battle but I was later allowed to graduate and the courses were waved. I never lobbied anywhere. One was even a borrowed core course. God did me many miracles in that one circumstance. So it's either of two things, either God will give you a miracle or he will let you do it and make it work out for your good. Just pray, and trust God. Don't get depressed. I've been there before friend
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by TheMostComplex1: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2021
Follow these advices you have here & you will be alright
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by TheMostComplex1: 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wardstunna22:
I had 21 carryovers upon graduation from school In 2018 I have written them all and passed them all now in A's and B's. Waiting to serve next batch. Put in the required work fill up your CA space and read up. Extra year moulds people. We've been there it's a phase Brace up and never look back...

Bro explain how can you have 21 carryovers & the School will not send you packing?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Wardstunna22(m): 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2021
In the school I attended when you miss exams or a school year you are allowed as long as you don't exceed 2years out of school those unwritten courses turn Carryovers. One is allowed a 2year grace for a 4year course or a 3year grace for a 5year course after which such a student becomes an overstay...
TheMostComplex1:

Bro explain how can you have 21 carryovers & the School will not send you packing?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Kehcsc(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2021
AyamSad:
what as skill can I learn
depending on ur interest and passion... But from the look of things digital skills seems to be the top notch right now. So u can get urself equipped anyone that feels good to u... Web design, photography, graphic, core programming, app design, content creation, video editing, photoshop, statistical analysis, networking.. Bro the list is endless... And to be frank this platform is also a good place to start from... U just have to be careful who u trust.

By the way am into graphic design and web development.

Love from a finalist like u.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by whippersnapper(m): 8:07am On Jun 21, 2021
Currently in my finals. I done see where person pack carryovers so tey then come dey write etc and we're almost 80 in class but only 20 dey gradj
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Dstar434(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2021
AyamSad:
I'm in my finals and I just found out that I will be carrying over two courses in my extra year cry. My results just came out.

The saddest thing is that it's even an elective borrowed course from physics. All my mates that borrowed it failed it too. If only I could see the future.
Regret is eating me up!

Just a question pls. Aren't electives supposed to be courses meant to help you meet up with the requisite number of credits for graduation. Are they meant to be carried over?
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by showafrica(m): 9:31am On Jun 21, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!

Bro, that certificate is almost useless, nothing to depress about. Just take advantage of the extra year enter labor market. Start selling something or start producing something or learn a skill if you don't have any. Since, na only 2 courses you go rewrite, you have all the time. I repeat, certificate from UAR Universities are worthless. If you go abroad, they will still ask you to repeat class. So braze up and don't die for nothing
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by space9880: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2021
AyamSad:

Regret is eating me up!
Having an extra year is not the end of the world it might be painful now but it may be one of the best thing that ever happened to you

Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by fascia(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
See op. The deed is already done. You just have to make the best out if the situation.
Make lemonade out of your lemon. Sometimes we think situations are the worst and we get worked up over nothing .in the long run, it doesn't matter a single bit...

Right now you have time to plan your life. You have a year to map out your plans and what you want to venture into.
It is very crucial to be intentional in this life,in that way you will know what you want and have the correct motivation to run after it.

I will advice you to focus rigorously on attaining financial independence. Read books. Learn how money works, how companies are formed and run and all the different type investments .
And most importantly choose and learn a skill.

No matter what always look at things at the positive end. Always strife to stay happy, no allow depression or sadness to steal your time, they do nothing other than rob you of the joy of life.

Just see this year as a year of self improvement, if you do all these you will be busy to the teeth, you won't notice when the whole year will be over.
.cheers I wish you well.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Hottestdaniel(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
you are not alone bro, i too is passing through the same phase now, my department dey wicked... Mass Com Bidapoly........ weytin man go to, he don happen already.... God Knows Best..... Everything go dey alright las las....
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by AyamSad: 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kehcsc:
depending on ur interest and passion... But from the look of things digital skills seems to be the top notch right now. So u can get urself equipped anyone that feels good to u... Web design, photography, graphic, core programming, app design, content creation, video editing, photoshop, statistical analysis, networking.. Bro the list is endless... And to be frank this platform is also a good place to start from... U just have to be careful who u trust.

By the way am into graphic design and web development.

Love from a finalist like u.
I would love to learn from you.
Re: I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. by Rajosh(m): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2021
I'm surprised
When I was at ABU Zaria, elective courses even if failed needed not to be carried over only core courses.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Approves The Establishment Of Federal Polytechnic, Wannune / What You Need To Know About Student Visa / LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.