Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

"Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others (45669 Views)

Bill To Regulate Preaching In Kaduna: CAN Kicks As JNI Supports It / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by DriveByKiller: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2021
JEWELofHELL:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/18/winners-chapel-founder-oyedepo-backs-regulation-social-media-says-youths-cannot-think

Has this idiot ask how world poverty headquarters like Nigeria managed to produced the world's richest pastors?

Bastard crook!!!

this fool makes sense but it's not the government's job to tell me I spend too much time on social media...

Government should regulate churches and their revenue. The spiritual and financial damage it has cursed many is at par with social media.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by BinamRex: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2021
Foolish man. When the govt tried to regulate churches for accountability purposes, you vehemently opposed it, now you are siding with them.

The generation that spent 70% to 80% of its time on productive tasks, where has it led us.

A lot of youths do honest and productive work online ( I am not talking about internet fraudsters). I mean young people who are into graphic design, web development, digital marketing, copywriting, video editing etc. They utilize the internet and social media to advertise their services.

The only reason the govt has clamped down on Twitter is because of the role it played in the EndSars protest. The govt isn't also happy that Twitter deleted Buhari's threatening tweet. That's part of the reasons why they want to regulate social media, l.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by tonididdy(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2021
Highly seconded.... The internet is not for Africa because we have channeled it into a wrong energy.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Elock1: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2021
IlovePMB:
If you old men dont take time, we the youths of this God forsaken country would rise one day and wipe you all out. You old men who have refused to die or make way for the youths have pushed us to the wall enough. No food, no job, poor education system, no light, no good road, poor healt system and yet the little thing that helps the depressed youths to manage their frustration you old men want to regulate.

If you are a true child of God sell all those your useless private jets and give them to poor Nigerian youths to start up business.
it is only fools in Nigeria that still believe is these Scammers

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Johnrake69: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2021
LegalWolf:
Let me add my few cents: it’s those who don’t have a satisfying job that spends most of their time on SM. You can’t have a job where you’re paid well, then you’re giving a task and you’ll be spending all or most of your time on social media. It doesn’t make sense.

What if staying on social media pays one's bill? The concept of work has evolved.

I believe the world is big enough. Live and and let's live should guide us.

There's Famine in the land and it's social media that is people's problem
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Strongbest(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2021
Read the comments here and you will agree that we have a serious problem with this generation.

Imagine everyone lashing out on the man of God for no reason undecided

If you have anything against what he said , I bet you need to check your head.

It's either you hate the truth or you are just too damaged beyond redemption.

What advice will you now give your younger ones or your unborn children....unfortunately, some of you already have kids and you are against such a godly advise!

Tell me the kind of children you will raise if you find this hurting.

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by KingAlabi: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2021
stanliwise:

It does but are the government responsible for regulating my use of social media?
That is why I said in my earlier post, I agree to an extent

I understand you.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Strongbest(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2021
BinamRex:
Foolish man. When the govt tried to regulate churches for accountability purposes, you vehemently opposed it, now you are siding with them.

The generation that spent 70% to 80% of its time on productive tasks, where has it led us.

A lot of youths do honest and productive work online ( I am not talking about internet fraudsters). I mean young people who are into graphic design, web development, digital marketing, copywriting, video editing etc. They utilize the internet and social media to advertise their services.

The only reason the govt has clamped down on Twitter is because of the role it played in the EndSars protest. The govt isn't also happy that Twitter deleted Buhari's threatening tweet. That's part of the reasons why they want to regulate social media, l.

You are the foolish one here bro. If you think you ain't foolish point out what he said that is wrong.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by jchioma: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2021
JEWELofHELL:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/06/18/winners-chapel-founder-oyedepo-backs-regulation-social-media-says-youths-cannot-think

The OP is misleading. No where in the report was any mention of begging the FG. Twitter was not even mentioned. Moreover, the man of God was talking about the danger of social media, but the mischievous satanic govt agent saw an opportunity to justify evil once again. May you reap whirlwind of all the troubles you are sowing.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2021
No be his generation cause all these wahala we dey today abeg.

This fraudster doesn't like criticism on social media.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2021
Strongbest:
Read the comments here and you will agree that we have a serious problem with this generation.

Imagine everyone lashing out on the man of God for no reason undecided

If you have anything against what he said , I bet you need to check your head.

It's either you hate the truth or you are just too damaged beyond redemption.

What advice will you now give your younger ones or your unborn children....unfortunately, some of you already have kids and you are against such a godly advise!
He is a fraudster and a tithe theif.

He doesn't want people to criticize him via social media
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2021
WaffenSS:

I don't know where you got the idea that government is responsible for giving you food, housing, and jobs.

I was not saying they should give you free stuff but provide a conducive environment for it..in America, don't they have social nets for the poor?
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Strongbest(m): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
He is a fraudster and a tithe theif.

He doesn't want people to criticize him via social media

Tell me about your father again please?

I mean tell us about your honest father. I am waiting.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by saxha: 10:47am On Jun 20, 2021
TeDesQ:
I disagree

Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid 500,000 Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2

179 likes and still counting??
People should beware of this man. He has different monikers, he has offered #1million before. He has been going around with this offer since only God knows.

But what do I know?

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 10:49am On Jun 20, 2021
Strongbest:

Tell me about your father again please?

I mean tell us about your honest father. I am waiting.
My father doesn't con people to collect 10% of their income monthly. He's not a fraudster like your pastor
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Strongbest(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
They have taken away so many things from us...no food, no house, no healthcare, no good road, no jobs, yet they want to take away free speech from us...God why?

Papa God help this country!

This is the greatest error with you so called educated ones and youths of this country.

You wail and rant over nothing. Did you read through the message?

You are talking about freedom taken from you, like you have any before.

With this your behavior and manner of not being able to respond intelligently to comment, I doubt you can ever be free from your mental slavery.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by TeDesQ: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2021
saxha:

179 likes and still counting??
People should beware of this man. He has different monikers, he has offered #1million before. He has been going around with this offer since only God knows.

But what do I know?

Sorry for your frustrations grin
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Strongbest(m): 10:53am On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
My father doesn't con people to collect 10% of their income monthly. He's not a fraudster like your pastor

Lols. How are we sure of that? Very unintelligent youth.

Just point out what you think is wrong in his write up if you think you are intelligent if not, stop quoting me because I hate wasting my time on slowpokes.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2021
Strongbest:

Just point out what you think is wrong in his write up if you think you are intelligent if not, stop quoting me because I hate wasting my time on slowpokes.
I am intelligent to know that your pastor cons you every month.

He cashes out on you monthly. Mumu

3 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:00am On Jun 20, 2021
Strongbest:

This is the greatest error with you so called educated ones and youths of this country.

With this your behavior and manner of not being able to respond intelligently to comment, I doubt you can ever be free from your mental slavery.

Can't even comprehend the message here.....you must be the one getting it wrong here sir with due respect.
you mean the pastor is asking government to regulate social media cos youths are spending more time on it and wasting there future, how does that sound to you?
When someone limits your access to certain things or tell you wen to come home or returns just like imposing restrictions on movement and curfew wahala, is it not freedom limited?
That church uses social media to convey messages too,supposing government tell them, they can only post message across from 6am to 11am, how does it sound, definitely they will cry fulanization or run to CAN.
Is like me telling you, bro, from today you can only browse the social media from 12noon to 3pm, after that you stop and go do something else..is it not taken your freedom of choice? if one spends a whole day online or the social media, dats his or own business.
Or you think everyone on social media are doing hate speech or fighting Buhari. ..
Some hustle legitimately with it, 24/7

I stand to be corrected here, pls explicate more

NB. Stop insulting people you see online, some are more better n educated than you.all are also entitle to their opinions too. Just clarify your issue and state your point. The better ones reading will draw the line of conclusion!

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 11:03am On Jun 20, 2021
Strongbest:

baba just dey vex because social media don dey open Boys eyes hence business will drop.

At least he has few people like you that are eternal morons and simpletons he can cash out on.

2 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by wirinet(m): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2021
Strongbest:

He is wrong on so many levels. Government might as well regulate free speech, social gatherings and even free thought. Government should not be in the business of regulating what people do with their time. Someone that spends 70% of his time on social media should face the consequences alone.
Social media just like any other invention can be used for positive or negative. Many youths that have used social media for positives have made and continue to make millions of naira from it. Do you know how many youths make their living from social media.

What we should be talking about is to enact laws or extending existing libel and sedition laws to cover social media, so that anyone that is hurt by fake news or lies can easily seek redress in court.

4 Likes

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2021
wirinet:

He is wrong on so many levels. Government might as well regulate free speech, social gatherings and even free thought.Givernment Government should not be in the business of regulating what people do with their time. Someone that spends 70% of his time on social media should face the consequences alone.
Social media just like any other invention can be used for positive or negative. Many youths that have used social media for positives have hate and continue to make millions of naira from it. Do you know how many youths make their living from social media.

What we should be talking about is to enact laws or extending existing libel and sedition laws to cover social media, so that anyone that is just by fake news or lies can easily seek redress in court.
Leave the idiot, I am a digital marketer and I know how much I make from social media. So I should stop eating because his daddy G. O CANNOT tolerate criticism.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by saxha: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2021
TeDesQ:

Sorry for your frustrations grin

Lol. Thief. So no one in your family or friend circle fit dey write? Or 500k small for them? Barawu banza. cheesy cheesy
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
baba just dey vex because social media don dey open Boys eyes hence business will drop.

At least he has few people like you that are eternal morons and simpletons he can cash out on.

No mind the guy.....someone will leave his legitimate hussle online and come to spend hours in church donating to them yet them no like am. If a youth decide to stay 20hrs online, na him sabi.
Can you imagine a university student being restricted to his cell phone well on campus? He only uses the phone and internet wen he goes home....dat one na education
Mchtew
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Workch: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

No mind the guy.....someone will leave his legitimate hussle online and come to spend hours in church donating to them yet them no like am. If a youth decide to stay 20hrs online, na him sabi.
Can you imagine a university student being restricted to his cell phone well on campus? He only uses the phone and internet wen he goes home....dat one na education
Mchtew
He's training zombies

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2021
wirinet:

He is wrong on so many levels. Government might as well regulate free speech, social gatherings and even free thought. Government should not be in the business of regulating what people do with their time. Someone that spends 70% of his time on social media should face the consequences alone.
Social media just like any other invention can be used for positive or negative. Many youths that have used social media for positives have made and continue to make millions of naira from it. Do you know how many youths make their living from social media.

What we should be talking about is to enact laws or extending existing libel and sedition laws to cover social media, so that anyone that is hurt by fake news or lies can easily seek redress in court.

baba, God bless you!
You just made a simple point...you see past old generations wey no know anything about social media and the internet becoming jealous say things are now online.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Erojepromise(f): 11:13am On Jun 20, 2021
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by Strongbest(m): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Can't even comprehend the message here.....you message the pastor is asking government to regulate the media cos youths are spending more time on it and wasting there future, how does that sound to you?
When someone limits your access to certain things or tell you wen to come home or returns just like imposing restrictions on movement and curfew wahala, is it not freedom limited?
Is like me telling you, bro, from today you can only browse the social media from 12noon to 3pm, after that you stop and go do something else..is it not taken your freedom of choice.if one spends a whole day online or the social media, dats his or own business.
Or you think everyone on social media are doing hate speech or fighting Buhari. ..
Some hustle legitimately with it, 24/7

Bro, I beseech you to kindly read through the message again.
Don't get too emotional, read through calmly without any sentiment.

First, the headline is totally misleading, secondly, the opening of the message is totally wrong.

The question is, did Bishop in his statement say he is supporting the social media regulation by the Nigerian Government?

Did you see anywhere he mentioned the government?

Please, read through with a calm head and you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by TeDesQ: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2021
saxha:

Lol. Thief. So no one in your family or friend circle fit dey write? Or 500k small for them? Barawu banza. cheesy cheesy

As usual smear campaigns. Envy. Focus on your poverty
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by yemex04(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2021
grossintel:
I'm disappointed, this is an example of irrational thinking. He can as well encourage FG to ban mobile phone and laptops entirely since yahoo boys use it for fraud.

Ban kitchen knives because women are now using it to kill their husbands and boyfriends.

The benefits of social media can never be overlooked, if not for YouTube I wouldn't have learnt coding, graphics design or game development.

If not for Nairaland, I wouldn't have known freelancing works and how to go about getting clients abroad who pay well.

If not for Facebook, I wouldn't know the best and trending products to dropship.

If not for Twitter, SARS will still be out there killing youths for owning an iPhone.

Whats my own, can they really sensor social media? I don't think it's ever going to happen. Nigerians are very smart people with dump leaders so they will end up playing catchup.

"Regulate'' not " banning" is what he is advocating for. The social media can be regulated to accommodate the values you mentioned above. You can not deny the fact that some social medias contents are destructive. The descructive addictive contents can be restricted to ehance its value addition.
Re: "Youths Can't Think": Bishop David Oyedepo Begs FG To Regulate Twitter, Others by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2021
Workch:
Leave the idiot, I am a digital marketer and I know how much I make from social media. So I should stop eating because his daddy G. O CANNOT tolerate criticism.

Three gbosas do you!

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Could This Be A Spiritual Attack Or A Medical Condition? / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued / Married Nigerian Woman Celebrates Two Years Without Masturbating, Watching Porn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.