Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay (25279 Views)

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World / Lagos: Third Most Stressful City In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by odegood: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
ALL BOOKS

If you need soft copies of books in all field of studies in a pdf format on your phones, tablets or computer, then i can provide you.

I deal on books in pdf format in all field of study such as all branch of engineering, law, medicine, social sciences, art, pure sciences, environmental, religious, motivational, information technology, computer programming, novels e.tc.

Any book you can think of is readily available in pdf format.

Having books in pdf format on your devices makes you read on the go right on your phone, tablet or computer without having to carry heavy physical books along.

Contact me on 08062423365 or 08153590919
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by 9jaRealist: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
adenigga:
Source: https://punchng.com/Lagos-ranked-worlds-second-most-stressful-city

Most of the “stress” of Lagos comes from accommodating millions of Nigerians who have “voted” with their feet and wallets to relocate to Lagos and escape the REAL STRESS of living in their own states…. grin

EKO O NI BAJE!

>
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by doctorsage: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
landforeast:
Moving from Oshodi to Iyana Ipaja is like travelling from Abuja to London. Lagos need an intra City and Inter City train Network. Mega City for mouth

Bro i can assure you, its much more stressful.
I made the error of travelling from Ajah to Ikeja last week Friday (just to flex/rest) Im yet to recover from that trip. Oh the horror!
Can you guys stop making everything about tribe? Are you such slowpokes? What does being Yoruba or Igbo have to do with this report exactly?

Lagos is a city of contrasts. The very best of Nigeria is without a grain of doubt located in the city of Lagos, it is a city of opportunity as well as a very stressful city.

All I am saying is I can't stay anywhere in Nigeria except Lagos, this doesn't mean that things can't be a lot better in our Lagos...
shocked
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by 9jaRealist: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
doctorsage:
Bro i can assure you, its much more stressful.
I made the error of travelling from Ajah to Ikeja last week Friday (just to flex/rest) Im yet to recover from that trip. Oh the horror!
Can you guys stop making everything about tribe? Are you such slowpokes? What does being Yoruba or Igbo have to do with this report exactly?

Lagos is a city of contrasts. The very best of Nigeria is without a grain of doubt located in the city of Lagos, it is a city of opportunity as well as a very stressful city.

All I am saying is I can't stay anywhere in Nigeria except Lagos, this doesn't mean that things can't be a lot better in our Lagos...
shocked

Lagos has the sort of “stress” that helps build the mental muscle (you cannot be a “dundee” here)… grin

Not to compare Apples with Agbalumo, but I was born and raised in New York City, which used to regularly and routinely the most “stressful” city in the US, if not the entire Western Hemisphere. Nigerians often tend to get overly excited about these sorts of parachute “rankings” which often tend to shed more heat than light (for perspective, NYC MTA budget is almost 10x that of Lagos State), instead of concentrating on continuing to do the things we need to do (for example, completing the light rail lines, develop the waterways, build/rehabilitate/expand roads, continue to invest in public education and healthcare, etc.).

DEVELOPMENT IS A PROCESS AND NOT AN EVENT!

>
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Reference(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2021
The City of my birth, that turned out to be a head shrinker's paradise. Quit with my sanity by 2003 and I guess I've added 10 years to my basic life expectancy.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by murmee: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
ZUBY77:
It should be number one. Even Baghdad is better than Lagos in terms of stress.
Driving from Mile 2 to Badagry is like a war Zone since 12 years ago.
Thanks to ex-Ambode!
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by murmee: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
I can't point those people,because without them Lagos would have become a slum like Ibadan,Ado ekiti,Akure,Abeokuta etc
Who told you that Ibadan is a slum? Have you been there?
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by murmee: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
DesChyko:

This!! Hence my extreme displeasure at the ban on Okada
My dear, Okadas are the number one contributor to the stress of Lagos. They are a nuisance to bother drivers and pedestrians!
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by murmee: 2:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Johel:

Lagos is number 1 most stressful state in the world imo.
GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by murmee: 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
pacespot:
The problem is that lagos development pattern is anti masses and pro super rich. People keep eulogizing someone like Tinubu because they are ignorant of how a city with enormous potentials like Lagos should be arranged. Lagos housing scheme should have been made a private and public partnership, where some investors come together in alliance with the government to erect an estate of high-rise buildings in strategic areas so as to free the city's road networks and expand on new ones. But instead people see Lagos as a place of segregated livings where the rich neighborhoods are separated from the poor. Lagos roads should have been extended to 25 or more lanes and many overhead paths are built to suffice the congested areas. This is possible if residential settlements are aggregated into certain areas with skyscrapers that can accommodate between 500+ apartments in each. People say skyscrapers are costly but the cost of building one mansion for a single family is far greater. Land development should be the exclusive reserve of the government and some private investors. Lagos has the money and potentials to do all this provided the money is judiciously spent. Financially capable people can also donate money to government's housing scheme, in this case, they will be considered in the housing lease before others. The land fragmentation in Lagos will not get the city anywhere.
As good as your suggestions are, they are way too late. Lagos state is suffering from small land mass, few and narrow roads, bad drainage and too many houses!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by mu2sa2: 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2021
KRSWon:

This is a global ranking of cities around the world. How would this Nigerian firm reliably assess those other cities?

This "Vaay" aren't even the only ones saying this:

Lagos Ranks 139 out of 140 most liveable city in the world, worst in Africa. (2021)
https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/09/lagos-ranks-139-out-of-140-most-liveable-city-in-the-world-worst-in-africa/

Lagos State Ranks Third Worst City To Live In The World (2018)
https://www.guardian.ng/life/lagos-state-ranks-third-worst-city-to-live-in-the-world/

Most Stressful Cities In Africa (Lagos #1)
http://databod.com/most-stressful-cities-in-africa/
I beg make I here word! We are capable of supplying alternative facts and tag it global.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by pacespot(m): 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
murmee:
As good as your suggestions are, they are way too late. Lagos state is suffering from small land mass, few and narrow roads, bad drainage and too many houses!

Never too late.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Cousin9999: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2021
People are built different. For some, Lagos is stressful and they could never handle it. To others, Lagos energizes them.

However, I think it's fair to say that megacities are not for most people. But villages aren't for most people either.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Eaglesence: 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2021
paschalj4:
cool cool cool We don't have to worry about this analysis conducted by a german firm popularly known as (vaay). Cause am very optimistic that in due time gov sanwo olu, will fix this, and lagos will be the (Newyork City) of Nigeria. A city less stressful, well secured, and massive infastructural development for the ease of doing business.

In Jesus name amen! With no bandit/fulaniherdsmen/bokoharam wahala. Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Splashme: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2021
Sad but true
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by mczmus(m): 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Yorubas have destroy Lagos.

You need to check in at Yaba left.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by sakssey23: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2021
paschalj4:
cool cool cool We don't have to worry about this analysis conducted by a german firm popularly known as (vaay). Cause am very optimistic that in due time gov sanwo olu, will fix this, and lagos will be the (Newyork City) of Nigeria. A city less stressful, well secured, and massive infastructural development for the ease of doing business.

Why una dey like this naah? Forget sentiments..
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by executive12: 1:05am On Jun 22, 2021
Lagos is not fit for human habitation.
Re: Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay by Gamesmart: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2021
lexy2014:

How do u no that it's not second in d world?

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Congratulates Anthony Joshua For His Victory Over Jermaine Franklin / Before The Spirit Of Orubebe Dies... / Amaechi Received By Friends At Port-harcourt Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.