Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom (37458 Views)

Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion / Child Abuse At Deeper Life College: Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Orders Investigation / A Female Corper's Post About A Crime Scene That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Horo(m): 6:00am On Jun 22, 2021
This is a serious matter so is now a offense to remind a governor a pledge he made this is to tell you Buhari is a wonderful person upon all the criticisms abused from FFK and NL nothing had happened means he is a gentle man

May God continues to bless Him
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by prigoz(m): 6:01am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Baba was fighting for first class graduates and I have just learnt that his CGPA is a borderline low 2.2.
So what then was his interest except pure mischief?

You insult your University's most important visitor, their surest meal ticket and you think there will be no consequences?

You are one of the problems of the God forsaken country, instead of you to confirm the action of the university, you are attacking the young man because he spoke the truth. Anyway you are one of lazy youth Baba was talking about.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Difrent: 6:03am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Baba was fighting for first class graduates and I have just learnt that his CGPA is a borderline low 2.2.

You insult your University's most important visitor, their surest meal ticket and you think there will be no consequences?

SHAME ON YOU
So because he has 2:2 it's mischievous for him to fight for first class graduates? HABA..... Gani fawehinmi didn't have first class but fought for them , he was rich but always fighting for the poor...was he doing it for mischief?

Thank God it's a PDP governor behaving like this ,were it an Apc governor buhari would be trending by now
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Slurity(m): 6:06am On Jun 22, 2021
The guy deserves punishment but total expulsion from the school is just too much and that is total wickedness. 1 or 2 semester suspension is fair.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Trustedpronet: 6:16am On Jun 22, 2021
African leaders are intolerance. Shame to us.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by SpaceAngel: 6:17am On Jun 22, 2021
To imagine that the Senate of a whole university could arrive at this kind of judgement is worrisome.

Well this is Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by thundafire: 6:21am On Jun 22, 2021
Nonnyflex:
And to even imagine that a youth above me is blaming him shows how much in trouble Nigeria is in... So if his CPGA IS 2.2 Then be should keep quiet...
dat one has always been an idiot na,just ignore am
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by 2shaw: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2021
Suicide
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Divinalss: 6:28am On Jun 22, 2021
Some people just want to be foolish.. Just imagine what they are saying. If this is not bad then what is bad??
Nonnyflex:
And to even imagine that a youth above me is blaming him shows how much in trouble Nigeria is in... So if his CPGA IS 2.2 Then be should keep quiet...
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by francisco327: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

you be mumu.must you always spew trash
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by tonyson010(m): 6:31am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ur comment here is disappointing.
Leaders should learn to take criticism unless if proven that he is lying therefore spreading malicious information against the governor of the state and against school.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Kay25(m): 6:36am On Jun 22, 2021
If he can get a good lawyer he can be reinstated
..but that's shameful under a democrat govt to expel him for his post about a governor who is elected by the people for the people..If it was Nigeria that a citizen gave slap to the president the person would be dead even before death shows up shame on all our leaders their own time of trouble will soon come
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Edoja2020: 6:37am On Jun 22, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Doing the right thing in the wrong way.. Four years wasted and finances lost.... I feel sorry for his parents
Wen will Nigeria learn to support those that are fighting for the right and Future, it obvious that we love our oppressors
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Tomilola360: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2021
The guy na yoruba boy angry

Na flat head sha! grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Regie2bless: 6:39am On Jun 22, 2021
Mynd44:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=849364085785789&id=100021366169615

Copy of his expulsion letter is attached text here

this is a gross infringement on his fundamental human rights, he has the right to air his opinion. The university is definitely controlled by the governor who might felt embarrassed by his post. That does not have anything to do with Education as far there is no direct insult on the governor. The young man should take the university to court, sue them big time, before doing that he should go to the school portal to print his result as futuristic evidence.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by xpool(m): 6:48am On Jun 22, 2021
Epositive:
Few years ago, it was a Unilag student who was expelled for posting the sorry state of their hostels online. Now this guy has been expelled for "gross misconduct" - a disguised term in a bid to downplay the guy's genuine reminder.

The problem is, you won't see the first class students nor the SUG protesting on his behalf. After all, nobody send am. Before you criticise the authority publicly, make sure you have someone at the top in case things go south. Otherwise, the same people who you are fighting for, if unsuccessful, will later U-turn against you with the hypocritical cowardice-inspired question " who send you?" angry

Well said!
Simple as the bolded is, yet there situates the real reason Nigeria and black nations never get emancipated.
We all live a life of suffering and smiling, where we delight in others fighting our battles. But when they fall fighting for us, we sit back in our sickly cowardice.
We all complain that unions and other comrades like NLC, NUPENG, NADECO, NULGE, ASUU, SUG, Human rights activists, Journalists, House of Assembly members, Rep. members, Senators, Local Government Councilors and Chairmen etc dont stand and fight for us. But the silent truth is that they know that if they FIGHT FOR US, THEY MUST BE VICTIMISED. AND NOBODY WILL FIGHT BACK FOR THEM.

I have long realised that we as individuals of this country deserve the kind of rulers we get, because we are all WICKED OPPRESSORS.
From our families to our villages, to our streets and to our states and to aso :rock, it is wickedness to callousness.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Harmattan123(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2021
I'm not surprised cuz..........
We are in military regime in civilian attire.
There's Freedom of speech.....but freedom after speech is not guaranteed....
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:49am On Jun 22, 2021
Udom is the good guy
Only Elrufai is the evil one
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2021
Nonnyflex:
Are you minding that idiot above. For his mind now, he has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Codes151(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

illiteracy has eaten deep into you
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Seventywin: 7:10am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And since time began you think that the Country will ever have 24 hrs light or water, Good health care and other basic amenities .... lipsrsealed A Coward who can not speak truth to power has spoken...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by rhektor(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Doing the right thing in the wrong way.. Four years wasted and finances lost.... I feel sorry for his parents

There are no wrong way to doing the right thing. If it's wrong it's wrong, if it's right it's right. The said young man has asked a question of conscience which the governor should have answered in a sane society but its Nigeria, anything goes. Blaming the victim is as evil as those who expelled the young man.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by vikstandon(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2021
gift2xl:
Learn to be civil it pay's, stick to the code of conduct of where you belong.
Your brilliant doesn't mean it's a pass way to be repulsive.
The guys read is like a reminder but he was faulted by the university code of conduct written as oath.

We complain the Nigerian system is not working, first who are the system's, " you and I".
Lets Imagined for instance... if those who lacks decency are giving the opportunity to go abroad, you will see them acting decent and perfect. That's why most of our politician can't stay out there for long. They prefer visiting for 1 or 2 week and there back to Nigeria, Still with there awkward behavior because the system here is not perfect.

You forget that the same civil people abroad, who you say are decent throw tantrums, eggs, punch, slap on their Presidents and PMs.

Nigeria we are finished... Colonization didn't help us; it mortgaged our brains to the whites... We accorded them much supremacy over us.

I didn't see much the guy did... He was selfless; even though one commenter above says he was below 2.2 CGPA does that hinder him from standing for what is right.
What happens to holding our Leaders accountable.
Our leaders fail to deliver on their election promises because of the maidservant mentality we exhibit. Have we no right to what we own!

The system try to silent us with archaic laws, and we agree to them. So a student who see what is bad in the system shouldn't speak out.

The SUG has being reduced to a puppet; most schools today don't have Student's Government.

I don't blame the young man...if every channel of getting to them is blocked... Social media can't be blocked.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by DJInfluence: 7:25am On Jun 22, 2021
whitecake:
The system is that which suppresses truth till everyone compllies with evil.
Instead of others to fight for you, they'll blame you because they've been completely suppressed.
The many commenters here especially the few ones above your comment confirmed exactly what you just said which by the way was a very accurate description of Nigeria and it's folks.
Nothing in his post is worth a university board sitting over not to talk of expulsion. And I know the Nigeria court won't even be of much help to the young man .

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by fineguy11(m): 7:26am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shitty opinion. In other words, if it doesn't benefit me, I should keep shut and look? And you think you are different from Buhari, no dunce..
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by BenIk10: 7:27am On Jun 22, 2021
They've just made the guy an Advocate..

The young man wasn't agitating for his self... it was for others
It's time the population rise against this kind of highheadness of our elected officials.

We will meet on twitter
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by elobrave17: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2021
What of the guy that slapped France president. Only a reminder of one's promises and you just expel him. Suppression too much for this country.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by BenIk10: 7:29am On Jun 22, 2021
In this matter..
Ekpo won Udom

We'll trend... #EkpoWonUdom
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by crafteck(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How was that an insult, if he has studied well, hes expulsion means nothing cos in most cases, certificates mean nothing, he has gotten what he needed from the school already.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by abimic(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2021
Knowing fully well we live in the days where leaders don't accept criticism, if Jack of Twitter was resident in Nigeria, I'm sure he would have been arrested countless times for people's posts as it concerns criticizing the president. If this undergraduate were to go about it rightly knowing fully well his environment, he should have invited a fifth columnist to do the job than getting involved personally which ended up costing him his academic degree pursuit.
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by matrixme(m): 7:42am On Jun 22, 2021
If only their governor was any apathetic, he would have upturned the university's decision. Tomorrow he will go and Commission the largest state church in Nigeria, but because of his inaction, someone has had his academic dream crushed. Hypocrite. I'm not surprised anyway, we didn't hear pim from him during the Iniubong case. The evil that men do lives after them
Re: Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom by Godswrath(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2021
Idiots everywhere, so your leaders can't accept criticism. What was the offense of that young man that warrants his suspension from school.
That's how that old man in the Aso Villa promised you guys 1 Naira for 1 dollar, 50 Naira PMS pump price, you guys were shouting, se baba.
Still yet non of you, shouting "se baba" has the guts to put his words back to him, Loco!
I laugh for your one unity Nigeria will ever get better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid [part 1] / Sylvester Oromoni’s Sister Celebrates His Birthday (Photos) / University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.