Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag (60715 Views)

Miss Africa Russia: Udeh Chiamaka Victoria With A Blood Stained Nigerian Flag / Udeh Precious Wins 2018 Sisi Oge Cultural Pageant (Photos) / Udeh Chidinma Glory Wins Miss Tourism Enugu 2018 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by colestephan86: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2021
LordVoldermort:

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/lawyer-hits-model-who-took-bloodstained-nigerian-flag-to-russian-pageant/
Truly she isn't smart, a lady from Myanmar was at a contest like this but she chose to plead with the government to do the right thing. But this one thinks sentiments will win her the crown.

3 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Agricaddict(m): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

bros

let's be realistic

you typed all this because you are still alive

some people in Nigeria have been killed
in cold blood
which could have been prevented with
the right move by the government.

So what was the essence of displaying the bloodstained flag

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Theunbothered: 9:58am On Jun 22, 2021
kingthreat:

Blocking a major road and starting a movement that led to burning of police stations, killing policemen, releasing of hardened criminals and destroying public infrastructure is not patriotism.

Who did the people at Lekki kill? Did they release prisoners?

Buhari has released more terrorists, looters and hardened criminals than any other person.

I didn't hear this rubbish about blocking roads in 2012.

Man of misplaced priorities.

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Notateflonguy(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2021
Johnrake69:

What's fucking beauty concert when she can't live free in Nigeria?

I'm surprised you all are bashing her for showing support. Posterity will be kind to her. She spoke out. All over the world people have turned down awards for political and Humanitarian reasons.

If any of you bashing her has had your village raided by rampaging Fulani herdsmen that seems to be a law unto them themselves albeit, your reaction would have been different. I'm very sure Benue people would appreciate her gesture.

If you can't cheer her up then let her be. She made a statement. I guess she was the only one that didn't go home with the award.

What was her aim for participating in the beauty contest?.. Was it to win or to she truly wanted to let the whole world know how bad her country is?.

1.If she went for that contest primarily to win then she did what she did solely for pity game so as to win..

2. If she went for the contest because she truly wanted to let the whole world know how bad her country is and not to win.. Then that somewhat makes sense (if and only if that was her primary objective )..

Aside that I'll repeat there's really no point in what she did if she participated in the contest to win.

And y'all should at least learn how to relate things.. I'm aware of the bullshit going on in this country and I'm totally unhappy about it but that should not make me put my emotions before anything and always be sentimental

6 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Ugosample(m): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2021
ObaKlaz:
When the picture hit this forum, I commented about how the stunt by the model was a disservice to the imgage of the nation, how Nigerians are quick to disparage and drag the imgage of the county into the mud in the glare of the international community and how most Nairalanders find it kosher to always pass demeaning, distasteful comments on the country, even when it doesn't call for it, ignoring the fact that this forum attracts visitors across the globe.
I got numerous mentions from folks with one-way thought pattern, lampooning me and spitting more venom on everything pro-Nigeria.
As expected, they are here, calling this Nigerian-American 'unintelligent' and all sorts!

Have you sat down to ask WHY all these you spoke of up there is the case?
Until the "WHY" is addressed, these sad things will continue
You cannot launder the image of a country run like the way Nigeria is, no matter how you try
Structural changes from top down across board need to be done FIRST before presenting a facade of "all is well" to the international community
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Thinkfree(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2021
frankson1:

I haven't heard about Russian Pageant before meaning it was not important to her so the platform would have been too small for people to hear her.

And yes, she was never after the crown but to show the flag to the 'small community' watching the 'Russian Pageant that I have not heard of before'

It's your kind history should be merciful to when you also support the killing of security men and women who have children and people looking up to them.
The girl is empty just like most of them that would support her, winning that pageant should be her concern not fake blostained Nigerian flag

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by degenuine1(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2021
Very funny...

Even endsars protesters are not supporting her. Lol. Nigeria. No matter what, come rain come shine.. stand by your colleague, supporter or promoter.
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by kingthreat(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2021
Theunbothered:

Who did the people at Lekki kill? Did they release prisoners?

I didn't hear this rubbish about blocking roads in 2012.

Who killed policemen?
Who freed prisoners?
Na government abi?
The protests was a call to anarchy. Anarchy came.
Everybody has a right to protest. But don't let it descend to destruction. Mediate when possible. If you are in Lagos and you pass the tollgate freely but celebrate when it became a party spot for jobless youths, you are a hypocrite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Ugosample(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2021
jomoh:

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Ask Afghans, they’d tell you otherwise.
Ask Uighur Muslims, they’d tell you different stories of China.
Ask Muslims from Myanmar, they’d tell you different stories.
Same with South Africans, Libyans, South Koreans but have you ever seen anyone proudly display a desecrated flag of their countries?

African Americans also have the believe that the govt is systemically targeting them for cleansing but you’d never see them desecrate the flag in the name of protesting for black lives matter.

Symbols do change truly but for now, the Nigerian flag is the symbol of its people and she’s carrying a Nigerian passport.

My point is, she has done herself more harm than good. Her protest may have brought awareness, but at the expense of her career.

How will this be at the expense of her career?
You people are very funny

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by PIMPAR: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2021
ChoCho54:
The model has made her point!

Haters can drink sniper!
The model has simply ended her carrier before it started. Use your sense for once

2 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by frankson1(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2021
anungangampu:

But you heard her. We talk about it today. Boko haram has killed more Millitary than the civil war. What have you done to put the goverment in their toes to stop it than hiding their mediocre approach. Everyone that attack security men should be put to death it doesn't matter which tribe but always know that injustice will always fight back.

You're misunderstanding me as well as the person I quoted. I'm not against what she did. The issue is the timing and platform which I think the Judges must have been a bit confused. It was a BEAUTY PAGEANT and so go do what they do there and not put your country's issues on their faces. That was not what the Judges wanted to see and score her.

And I'm sure you are aware that she didn't go far after that.
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Abascoh: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2021
lukee247:

Till the world ends I don't think you'll ever attain the height she's attained.... You need to be schooled and welcome exposure... No hard feelings Sir�
You must be a buffoon!! What has she attained? If your family is known for failure such that you see this clown "lawyer" as an unattainable achievement then keep that to yourself and stop projecting on others. This clown of a lawyer is not worthy to clean my shoes. You need to stop having a loser mentality and set your bars higher in life........ No hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by iamtardey: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2021
She no fine she still no get sense...hmm deep o

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Theunbothered: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2021
kingthreat:

Who killed policemen?
Who freed prisoners?
Na government abi?
The protests was a call to anarchy. Anarchy came.
Everybody has a right to protest. But don't let it descend to destruction. Mediate when possible. If you are in Lagos and you pass the tollgate freely but celebrate when it became a party spot for jobless youths, you are a hypocrite.

You must be crazy! angry

For two weeks around Nigeria youths held signs and placards yet they were attacked repeatedly while police did nothing.

Where is your energy for this political thug below?

I am truly sharing a country with insane people.

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by bammydhele(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2021
The lawyer is very stupid, isn't the country drenched with blood, especially blood of d innocent
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by frankson1(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2021
Thinkfree:
The girl is empty just like most of them that would support her, winning that pageant should be her concern not fake blostained Nigerian flag

They have refused to understand the purpose she was in that competition.

Are these the same sets of people who go on rampage crying for good and better governance?

Well, I hope their population isn't too large to keep causing damage.

2 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by IBreakRules: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2021
AND WHAT IF SHE DIDNT REALLY CARE ABOUT THE PAGEANT BUT ONLY NEEDED A PLATFORM TO DISPLAY HER SOLIDARITY?

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Olayetan(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2021
candidtalk:

Bruv, you are the one who is shameless and very immature to boot. Next time you have a job interview use your alloted time to diss your girlfriend and your local supermarket rather than stick to selling your suitability for the job.

You people must always import sentiments, blind ethnocentric support of your kinsmen and unobjective hate of Nigeria into everything instead of just backing what is right and denouncing what is wrong.

If she is that politically inclined she should be protesting with the flag at the ECOWAS convention in Ghana, during Buhari speech, and not at a beauty contest in Russia.

Exactly!!!

You're a sensible man.

2 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by INCREDIBLE007(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2021
Agricaddict:

So what was the essence of displaying the bloodstained flag

to draw attention to the massacre of course

can't yiu see the UK, European union

USA, E.T.C ARE VOICING OUT MOUNTING PRESSURE ON
PMB

let's see through it.

who knows how many people that would have done one great thing or the other for the nation that have been decimated

Victor moses is an example

his parents were terminated in kaduna

but this man came Back to get us the afcon. title

how many geniuses, inventors, top class engineers have been eliminated

via killer herdsmen , banditry, cultism, ethno communal clashes, ritualists, army

just how many .

its time we the citizen who have SYMPATHY for lives to use various media and let the world know.
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by phineas: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2021
Who wants to hire an international model that will pull a political ..... at a press conference sabotaging and entire brand.

She nearly sabotaged the pagent with her rubbish. You think the Russian chick didn't know what she was doing when she ensured she was reported as crying because someone poured yellow paint on her flag.The pageants brand don't need anyone aligning them with any political affiliation.

Desecrating flags of your country or any other country at pagents is a no no...

That said,the crying Russian girl probably was scared of the implication of dissing Russia (putin) on a global or local stage and was crying to show "this was not my intention". Cos if it was,chances are she may not be on a good foot with Putin

The silly Nigerian girl should be glad she got away with this one,next time she should try it with her other country's flag.

Meanwhile don't we have a law against desecrating Nigerias flag? They should scare her small and ask her supporters to explain with references why she should not be tried under that law.. might serve as detergent for other aspiring dumbos

2 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by ObaKlaz: 10:18am On Jun 22, 2021
Ugosample:

Have you sat down to ask WHY all these you spoke of up there is the case?
Until the "WHY" is addressed, these sad things will continue
You cannot launder the image of a country run like the way Nigeria is, no matter how you try
Structural changes from top down across board need to be done FIRST before presenting a facade of "all is well" to the international community
I'm very informed of the challenges, the 'whys' bedevilling the country. My question is: what has the incessant smear campaign (of a country whose image is soiled already!) and name-calling changed, achieved, rectified 'from top to bottom' or even bottom to top? What headway have they made?!

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Agricaddict(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

to draw attention to the massacre

can't yiu see the UK, European union

USA, E.T.C ARE VOICING OUT MOUNTING PRESSURE ON THE LIFELESS ONE

What pressure, how are they doing it?
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by Thinkfree(m): 10:19am On Jun 22, 2021
frankson1:

They have refused to understand the purpose she was in that competition.

Are these the same sets of people who go on rampage crying for good and better governance?

Well, I hope their population isn't too large to keep causing damage.
the damage shall be on them by the time other countries of the world start reacting to their show stupidity

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by richie240: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2021
candidtalk:

And the contestant seems like an epitome of sanity to you with her action of desecrating the national flag of the Country she is representing on a public stage?

Perhaps the lawyer is a patriotic Nigerian mad at the desperate and unpatriotic actions of a lady representing Nigeria as an ambassador in a beauty contest.

It is not done because most objective adults would view her as a desperate and self-serving character who is doing the opposite of what she should be doing which is to be positive about Nigeria once she has chosen, without anyone forcing her, to represent the Country.

You want to win a beauty contest as a representative of Nigeria by attacking Nigeria. Her action is awful and annoying abeg. The comment below says it all.

Sebi tmr now, if they prevent them from representing this nation at any event because of this treacherous tendencies, they'll begin to wail 'marginalization'.

I've always known dt the average s/e Joe -educated and illiterate- is a sleeper ipob!
Given the opportunity, they'll be activated at d push of of a button.

3 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by 9jaRealist: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2021
phineas:
Who wants to hire an international model that will pull a political ..... at a press conference sabotaging and entire brand.

She nearly sabotaged the pagent with her rubbish. You think the Russian chick didn't know what she was doing when she ensured she was reported as crying because someone poured yellow paint on her flag.The pageants brand don't need anyone aligning them with any political affiliation.

Desecrating flags of your country or any other country at pagents is a no no...

That said,the crying Russian girl probably was scared of the implication of dissing Russia (putin) on a global or local stage and was crying to show "this was not my intention". Cos if it was,chances are she may not be on a good foot with Putin

The silly Nigerian girl should be glad she got away with this one,next time she should try it with her other country's flag.

Meanwhile don't we have a law against desecrating Nigerias flag? They should scare her small and ask her supporters to explain with references why she should not be tried under that law.. might serve as detergent for other aspiring dumbos
candidtalk:
Best comment so far. Her action was unpatriotic, cynical, desperate, deliberately exploitative and very disrespectful against her own nation on a public stage.

This action turned off the judges rather than impress them as the desperate lady wanted. People don't love these kind of actions. This is a beauty pageant and not a political protest.

There is a time and place for everything and it would be obvious to the judge this is a cynical character desperate to use anything to win. A total turn off.

She was NOT disrespectful of her own nation, but of the DULLARDS running it into the ground…
DULLARDS that shoot peaceful protesters, loot the commonwealth, and cannot provide basic security, are the ones “desecrating” our flag!
>
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by SeunOSEWApenis(f): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2021
candidtalk:

Indeed. No one says Nigeria does not have problems. If you care and want to sensitize the world to the problems of Nigeria then you become an activist like Aisha Yesufu.

You do not enter a beauty pageant as a representative of Nigeria to then use the platform to turn political activist against same Nigeria by descrating her flag!!!!

To most people her action seems desperate, treacherous, deliberately cynical and unpatriotic.
You that is patriotic what have you done to make naija a better place? How can one be patriotic to a killing field? Don't worry Oduduwa Republic is coming and we are leaving this shit hole for una
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by 9jaRealist: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2021
richie240:
Sebi tmr now, if they prevent them from representing this nation at any event because of this 'saboteurial' tendencies, they'll begin to wail 'marginalization'.

I've always known dt the average s/e Joe -educated and illiterate- is a sleeper ipob!
Given the opportunity, they'll be activated at d push of of a button.

Few mock the Online Republic of Biafra more than I do on Nairaland…
But these sorts of DUMB comments like yours tend to lend empathy to their cause.

If you want to “prevent them from representing this nation at any event”…
Then why keep them as part of “this nation”? Some of you are truly DUMBER than IPOBians!
>

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by 2elliot: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2021
candidtalk:

Typically annoying and unthinking as usual. What has a beauty contest got to do with political protestations against a nation or government? Is it the right platform for that sort of thing?

Use your brain, not emotions, for once and call a spade a spade. The desperate lady effed up.

Her behaviour repelled the Judges. That led to her terrible showing in the competition. Abeg make una dey learn to take correction instead of always attacking the messenger.
What has football got to do with George Floyd yet they take a knee for him? Una no get sense walahi for this countries. A country that sent soldiers to shoot at unarmed flag waving citizens, suddenly now deserve respect. Tell me, did innocent blood not stained the flag that day?

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by SeunOSEWApenis(f): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2021
J2381:
Very foolish Gurl. Showing up with a bloodstained flag of the country you represent in a beauty pageant. So very unpatriotic. Even if she's an #ENDSARS sympathizer, she should have left that part out of the pageant.

Very nice call from the lawyer. It's good we spot these Nigerians who like to wipe up sentiment in other to get what they want. From her foolish actions, I'll even question how she won the pageant she used to represent Nigeria in Russia.
what if she lost someone during the endsars protest in the hands of the security operatives?
Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by kingthreat(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2021
Theunbothered:

You must be crazy! angry

For two weeks around Nigeria youths held signs and placards yet they were attacked repeatedly while police did nothing.

Where is your energy for this political thug below?

I am truly sharing a country with insane people.

See this punanni-face. If your name na your name, go block Lekki tollgate again like say na ya papa build am. You go collect.

1 Like

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by mapet: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2021
candidtalk:

lukee247: :
She they hustle fame come go use naija matter take winchy herself nawa. Leave naija matter and hustle your hustle

Best comment so far. Her action was unpatriotic, cynical, desperate, deliberately exploitative and very disrespectful against her own nation on a public stage.

This action turned off the judges rather than impress them as the desperate lady wanted. People don't love these kind of actions. This is a beauty pageant and not a political protest.

There is a time and place for everything and it would be obvious to the judge this is a cynical character desperate to use anything to win. A total turn off.

..the missing part here was that the Russia judges told her off, that your flag is your identity and you do not desecrate it no matter what message you're trying to pass. She was deemed as wanting to influence the judges and curry pity, then she was disqualified.

Lesson:
1. Don't shit on your home.
2. Russia is not America. They don't do fake news nor western propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Susan Henshaw Blasts Udeh Chiamaka Over Bloodstained Nigerian Flag by 9jaRealist: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2021
mapet:
..the missing part here was that the Russia judges told her off, that your flag is your identity and you do not desecrate it no matter what message you're trying to pass. She was deemed as wanting to influence the judges and curry pity, then she was disqualified.

Lesson:
1. Don't shit on your home.
2. Russia is not America. They don't do fake news nor western propaganda

That’s the part you got right…
Putin’s Russia is the sort of BRUTAL DICTATORSHIP that Bubu the Dullard’s government is aspiring to become.
>

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Orders For Versace Shoe Online, Got 'versac' On Delivery / The Gold Necklaces This Northern Bride Wore That's Got Internet Talking / When Fashion Becomes Demonic (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.