Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's (5261 Views)

Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Polling Unit At Ika North-East / President Buhari Arrives The City Of Madina, The Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia - Photo / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by IduNaOba: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2021
gidgiddy:

Yet you do not understand what the girl in the video is saying

Nwannaa hapụ okwu a.
Obalatule nwere ihe ọ na ekwu.
Anyị agaghị na agwa ndị a ebe ha si.
Ọ bụrụ na ndị ika chọrọ ịbụ ndị Spain, ha bye bye.

Ụbọchị nta, anyị achụọ n'owere nchi
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by adadike(f): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2021
Obalatule:
Not igbo, I hardly understand when an ika person speaks......Edo people may understand it better
what of Aboh, is Aboh not part of ika kingdom?
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Christistruth00: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2021
gidgiddy:
Of the eleven kings, only two have Edo surnames, the rest have Igbo surnames. But they are from Edo? Someone needs to explain this magic to me

Igbo don’t have kings
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by owobokiri(m): 11:26am On Jun 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Shut it.
Mpama!
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by ken6488(m): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2021
Make ona rest
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by golddust6000(m): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2021
Etrusen:

Oga its a capital lie

Benin understand little or more than Igbo when it comes to ika words

I have lived in obazagbon,otobaye and it environs in orhionmwon LGA

The language is a mixture of both edo words and possibly some Igbo element

The possibility for ika people to speak Benin is easier than Esan even

All ika people that have met as friend speak benin even when I was in Aliamen, boji boji owa,agbor ta and Agbobi the people understand Benin and speak it as if they have no other tongue

I will be going to Agbobi the first week of next month for the burial of my friends dad named Okoro Aiyudubie who also speak Benin

For me I think the ika people Edo blood

that’s not true, agbor has boundaries with Bini hens the language understanding. They are not binis or related to binis. I have agbor guy as room mate as we speak his name is Nwachukwu he speak and understand bini, I as an Igbo I understand his dialect very well. The last BBN naija that girl with big breast she is from agbor she clearly said she is an Igbo girl from agbor when she was representing her culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2021
adadike:

No.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by adadike(f): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

No.
please my dear, can you tell me a little about Aboh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2021
adadike:
please my dear, can you tell me a little about Aboh

The only thing I know about Aboh is that their Igbo consciousness is very high. All that I have met have never even deny been igbo, they say they are Igbo with proudness.

Even the little generation among them pride themselves as Igbo, so the older generations did their assignment very very well.

Anyone saying the contrary should be disregarded because those that have been there knows that it is a sound community with wonderful brains.

More importantly they are naturally endowed with crude oil, I think agip is the company sucking them to dryness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by adadike(f): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2021
Juliusmalema:

The only thing I know about Aboh is that their Igbo consciousness is very high. All that I have met have never even deny been igbo, they say they are Igbo with proudness.

Even the little generation among them pride themselves as Igbo, so the older generations did their assignment very very well.

Anyone saying the contrary should be disregarded because those that have been there knows that it is a sound community with wonderful brains.

More importantly they are naturally endowed with crude oil, I think agip is the company sucking them to dryness.
thanks so much nwokeoma. I appreciate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Aladdin1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
Obalatule:
Not igbo, I hardly understand when an ika person speaks......Edo people may understand it better
You did not understand because you are not delta igbo.ika is delta igbo and the language has no resemblance whatsoever to edo languape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Obalatule: 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
adadike:
Nope, Aboh is Ndokwa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by AceRoot(m): 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
Christistruth00:

Igbo don’t have kings

Not quite, for we have them, two to a penny, and as such, no great reverence. They are, let's just say custodians of very limited royalty. Case in point: Every autonomous community has a King in Igboland.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by AstralBody: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2021
gidgiddy:

Then that means you dont speak Igbo, the Ika language is a dialect of Igbo. Nobody in Edo can understand Ika, but all Igbos understand Ika.
U dey mind them?
Am from Ika, Agbor to be precise. I can understand everything about the Igbo language,but can't speak it, because is more complex. Same go for my Igbo brothers, they can understand Ika language,but can't speak it.
Benin language is Esan! So there is no similarities between Ika.
Boroboro..... Fulani goats will never learn,but we will teach them with stick. Useless parasites!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Akudaisi: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
Liebermantic:

I understood the language so well.. though I'm from Egbema, Rivers State
you guys dailect is the hardest of the Igbiod language I have come across swears
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Akudaisi: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
AstralBody:

U dey mind them?
Am from Ika, Agbor to be precise. I can understand everything about the Igbo language,but can't speak it, because is more complex. Same go for my Igbo brothers, they can understand Ika language,but can't speak it.
Benin language is Esan! So there is no similarities between Ika.
Boroboro..... Fulani goats will never learn,but we will teach them with stick. Useless parasites!
that's how language cluster groups work,you can understand but can't speak it, even in your LGA everyone doesn't speak the same version of Igbo but you still understand it but can't speak it until you learn it
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Tranquillity360: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Obalatule:
I do not Understand Ika language as a full blooded Igbo, born and raised in Igbo land, If you understand their language maybe you share blood with them and have NO right to speak for igbos
If you don't understand it,it simply mean you are not Igbo or don't know who are the Ikas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Mangekyo: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
Agbor clan to the world!
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Liebermantic: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
survivor10:

Igbos have suffered. I hope that you are not trying to deny Egbema being Igbo too?

Igbos of the south East are responsible for the identity denial seen in Igbo-speaking part of South south.
I'm from Mgbede, Egbema in ONELGA and we are proudly Igbo..We have on several occasions faced marginalization and humiliation by other Igbo-speaking groups because we identify wholly as pure Igbo..
When Mike Okiro was made the IG of police, Igbo people from Abia, Anambra and Enugu started a protest saying Yaradua didn't choose Ogbonnaya Onovo because He was an Igbo man while Mike was not an Igbo,hence the president's preference..That protest alone generated fear among Egbema people..Now, Egbema people are seeing themselves as a distinct ethnic group in Rivers and Nigeria as a whole

1 Like

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
Liebermantic:

Igbos of the south East are responsible for the identity denial seen in Igbo-speaking part of South south.
I'm from Mgbede, Egbema in ONELGA and we are proudly Igbo..We have on several occasions faced marginalization and humiliation by other Igbo-speaking groups because we identify wholly as pure Igbo..
When Mike Okiro was made the IG of police, Igbo people from Abia, Anambra and Enugu started a protest saying Yaradua didn't choose Ogbonnaya Onovo because He was an Igbo man while Mike was not an Igbo,hence the president's preference..That protest alone generated fear among Egbema people..Now, Egbema people are seeing themselves as a distinct ethnic group in Rivers and Nigeria as a whole

Count Anambraa out of such. They never made such statement or involve inn such picture u painted.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by gidgiddy: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2021
The one that shocked me was what the King of Umunede, Obi Ezeagwu Ezenwali, said to a Newspaper some years ago.

He said that Umunede was founded by a Bini prince called "Ede" who migrated to the place and named it "Umu-Ede", but when the British came, they called the place Umunede.

I wondered how an Edo prince would migrate somewhere and called the place an Igbo name? What is "Umu" in Edo language?

4 Likes

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Obalatule: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
If you don't understand it,it simply mean you are not Igbo or don't know who are the Ikas.

I'm igbo and i know Ika like the back of my hand, Ikas like to play on the Igbo tendency of wanting to always dentify with their kith and kin, They are igbos when it benefits them and non igbo on normal days...... Ika is not and will never be igbo, who be their mate?
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Tranquillity360: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Obalatule:
I'm igbo and i know Ika like the back of my hand, Ikas like to play on the Igbo tendency of wanting to always dentify with their kith and kin, They are igbos when it benefits them and non igbo on normal days...... Ika is not and will never be igbo, who be their mate?
Your opinion has no effect outside Nairaland.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by allcomage: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
I had raced pass Agbor for 30yrs without ever going into the town until my car had gear issues in 2019 while ascending Abudu town hill. I managed to drive it to nearest village by the express.Surprise no.1,the locals were speaking a dialect of Igbo. I was advised to take my car to Agbor where I could get a mechanic. Surprise no.2, all the mechanics in the workshop were speaking Igbo, some from Agbor, Owa,Abavo,Owa iyubu etc. Because they had to go to Onitsha to buy spare parts, they couldn't finish, I had to check into a hotel. Being on Saturday, I went to a Catholic church the following day and surprise no.3 ,the mass was in Igbo, Readings Igbo, choruses were rendered in Igbo with some in English. I became
curious and i hired a bike who took me around Agbor town and to Ifeanyi Okowa town, Owa. Ladies and gentlemen, all the locals I interacted with spoke a dialect of Igbo and pigeon english, locals names,villages and towns were Igbo. I even went to a local market to buy food stuff and to my surprise,they were haggling in Igbo dialect. Ladies and gentlemen, I can say without apology that Ikaland is Igboland though there might be a few insignificant 3% of Edo migrants.

1 Like

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Obalatule: 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Your opinion has no effect outside Nairaland.
Your own na im get effect outside naturaland?

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by AceRoot(m): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
allcomage:
I had raced pass Agbor for 30yrs without ever going into the town until my car had gear issues in 2019 while ascending Abudu town hill. I managed to drive it to nearest village by the express.Surprise no.1,the locals were speaking a dialect of Igbo. I was advised to take my car to Agbor where I could get a mechanic. Surprise no.2, all the mechanics in the workshop were speaking Igbo, some from Agbor, Owa,Abavo,Owa iyubu etc. Because they had to go to Onitsha to buy spare parts, they couldn't finish, I had to check into a hotel. Being on Saturday, I went to a Catholic church the following day and surprise no.3 ,the mass was in Igbo, Readings Igbo, choruses were rendered in Igbo with some in English. I became
curious and i hired a bike who took me around Agbor town and to Ifeanyi Okowa town, Owa. Ladies and gentlemen, all the locals I interacted with spoke a dialect of Igbo and pigeon english, locals names,villages and towns were Igbo. I even went to a local market to buy food stuff and to my surprise,they were haggling in Igbo dialect. Ladies and gentlemen, I can say without apology that Ikaland is Igboland though there might be a few insignificant 3% of Edo migrants.

Chai, if only I could pinch you or throw a pinch of salt at you, just to make sure you are real. Then I would holla on the top of nairaland imaginary tree, for all far and near to come and hear you, then for all who just have heard to reach out and search for a long suffering, opinionated and highly ANTI_IGBO fellow here on nairaland, who goes with an aptly moniker of, SUFFERINGBOY. This member is of Ika stock, yet more hating and abusive and even condesending of every thing IGBO. I am yet to come across a more mendacious and maligning Anti-Igbo dispensal from someone most propably bearing an Igbo name.
S/he even details every loose Bini link pausible and whenever possible, to distance Ikaland from the Igbos.

I thank you for your personal, yet convincing reconnaissanse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Sufferingboy(f): 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
What of Igbanke and Ekpon kingdom?
Mind you there some small independent Ika villages in Edo that are not under any clan.

Currently some part of Owa clan/Kingdom is carved in edo state,I know three village in edo that are part of owa kingdon traditionally.My battery wan off I go chat una letter to explain about our origin,we Ikas are too mixed.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by blaqoracle: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
Rodwave:

Edo people call Ika people owvi Igbo. So you think they don't know why abi grin.
Edo don't call ekah igbo, they call them ekah. In most Edo villages, you will always find idumwun eka.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Akudaisi: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
gidgiddy:
The one that shocked me was what the King of Umunede, Obi Ezeagwu Ezenwali, said to a Newspaper some years ago.

He said that Umunede was founded by a Bini prince called "Ede" who migrated to the place and named it "Umu-Ede", but when the British came, they called the place Umunede.

I wondered how an Edo prince would migrate somewhere and called the place an Igbo name? What is "Umu" in Edo language?
the first place I ever seen,heard and ate Antelope meat was in Agbor obi we were coming back from Lagos and we wanted to rest small so he my brother saw one girl who was selling meat,he called her (normally am always skeptical about meat but it was a good looking meat the ones I prefer no fat and brown looking) as he was buying it me and my brother was discussing with Igbo me judging from some Ika people I met in Lagos believed that they are not Igbo and don't hear it,I just realized we didn't even know the type of meat we are buying I asked my brother,nna kayi jugodo nwa afa Anu nka,as soon as the word was coming out she replied me asap,owu anu Mgbada,man I was shocked that a non Igbo could know that name that me a born and brought Igbo hardly know,I asked her,Kee ebe isi jide Anu Mgbada bikokwa and she smiled and said ichoro Igbawa nta just like that, anyway we bought a good some cause damn it was sweet, I conclusion Ika people are Igbo,but I dash them to Edo people,they don't have anything to offer Nde Igbo at Large and with their Igbophobic attitude I don't want them near us

1 Like

Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Rodwave: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
blaqoracle:
Edo don't call ekah igbo, they call them ekah. In most Edo villages, you will always find idumwun eka.

Shut up. They are called owvi Igbo together with everyone that speaks any dialect of Igbo Language. Most Edos (Bini in particular) have not even heard about Ika not to talk of being able to differentiate them. In fact many Bini people don't even know that there are sub Igbo group in Edo state.

Not that I care anyway, just that I have been there for so long to know what's been going on.
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Obalatule: 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Sufferingboy:
What of Igbanke and Ekpon kingdom?
Mind you there some small independent Ika villages in Edo that are not under any clan.

Currently some part of Owa clan/Kingdom is carved in edo state,I know three village in edo that are part of owa kingdon traditionally.My battery wan off I go chat una letter to explain about our origin,we Ikas are too mixed.
Ika is not anything related to igbo people, Try Edo.......Nobody cares about your story bye cheesy cheesy
Re: Eleven Kingdom's Of Ika People Of Delta State Nigeria And Their Monarch's by Obalatule: 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
gidgiddy:

Why did it shock you?......Take a bus down to his palace and teach him to be igbo......Since you are too blinded by emotions to read the clear writing on the wall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Shina Pellet At Obi Cubana's Mom Burial In Oba / Breaking: Pandemonium As Igbos And Akwa Ibom People Clash In Uyo / Army: Boko Haram Tactics, Strange To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.