Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) (66800 Views)

Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / Kano Is Beautiful (See Pictures) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Josywhyte: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
No matter what Abia state remains the dirtiest in the whole SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by FLYFIRE(m): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2021
Those `dirty market` pictures of Aba you have abo.kis post here are like London compared to Kano inner streets. Any person that counters this should post pictures of Kumbotso & the rest. Undoubtedly, Kano with those painted bridge pictures you have them post here is the dirtiest town in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
Moneyboyz:
So we should eat roads, where are the standard medical facilities, standard schools, what's the unemployment rate, electricity, standard of living.
Appreciating things that should have been In good perfect condition since 30 years ago, we should be showing off better things not reads and stuff in this 2021 but no, the future has been looted.

See what you wrote above?

Same can be said of every single state in Nigeria, including Lagos

I was telling my Lagosian friends a couple weeks ago, when I was in Lagos, the successive governments since 1999 have been monumental failures!

They tried to argue, till I showed them how all they've done is tackle transport. Buses. BRT Lanes. Bus Stops.

No new schools.

No new hospitals.

No new low-cost estates.

Everything new is being done by the private sector.

The only innovators in Nigeria are Nigerian individuals.

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Proffemeka: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
Be careful what you post here, we know Aba very well, you can't be posting Umuahia town and telling us that it is Aba. Abia governors are the worst in south east.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Grande007: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Op why are you spreading fake news? The third picture is not anywhere in Aba, but Ahmadu Bello Way, Ilorin. Kwara Hotels, Government House, Police HQ et al is located along this route. The building there is that of Royals eatery........shioor

6 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Commentor: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
grin

Aba.

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by MrBachelor: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Even the beautiful side is ugly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EvolvedPisces(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
tobillionaire:
caused by yeasterners who overcrowd Lagos selling okrikas, stock fish, gala, soft drinks, shoes, belts etc on our roads and bus stops...

We really need a governor like fashola in lagos again
Ode, everybody wan dey claim Lagos boy... Mumu man living in abject penury in a slum area in ijebu ode claiming Lagosian... Can you pay a house rent in Lagos undecided mtcheeew, Waka pass tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Almaigaa: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nke a agbanweghi eziokwu ahụ bụ na, Aba bụ obodo kacha dị unyi ma na-emepe emepe na Nigeria. Enwerem ihere ikwu si na m si Abia

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Benega9(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
aba bu aba
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
tobillionaire:
caused by yeasterners who overcrowd Lagos selling okrikas, stock fish, gala, soft drinks, shoes, belts etc on our roads and bus stops...

We really need a governor like fashola in lagos again

I don't know you, but I'm disappointed with your comment. If you have problem with the person you quoted, address it properly.

Even if you want to deny, this trades you listed, you have patronized. Not once. So don't be so carried away by emotions and lose your sense of reasoning to type nonsense.

Regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by BinamRex: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
Whenever I see any post about a beautiful Nigerian city, the first thing that comes to my mind is road, and I am always right.

Citizens of countries in Europe, Asia, and the Americas will never post pictures of roads and call it development. We no get shame for this country oh.

We have normalized bad governance to the point that roads are seen as development. Don't you guys see the skyline of cities in Asia, Europe and America? Don't you guys see pictures of Dubai. Here, flyover and road are our definitions of development. God forbid.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Jiokejohn: 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
tobillionaire:

We really need a governor like fashola in Lagos again

Ignorance is a very big defect.

What are Yorubas known for?
What sphere of life, job, business, career is dominated by Yorubas?

For instance, the banking sector, legal practitioners, medical sector, etc. cut across all tribes.
Autor parts, electronics, wears, luxury bus transportation are dominated by Igbos.
Bureau De Change, cattle rearing, agric sector, heavy-duty truck transportation are dominated by Hausas.

Please let someone tell me where Yorubas dominated.
[I want to know]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by LegalWolf: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
BKayy:
They are scared of what Aba is that is why they spread rumours

What rumors are they spreading?
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by OneCorner: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
But na crime if Yoruba people show u the good part of IBadan

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by tonididdy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
Which Kain useless bank branch be this? undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by drmikeadams(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
ATTemi:
How much dem pay u?

Na only this pictures b aba

Show us udeagbala through umueze, down 2 afor ule(abi na federal road?), how far Ngwa road, Ohanku, Obohia, I never reach opobo...I even jump the 6 years centre table, ph road 2 ala oji(I forget, Buhari go do am), least u take credit of the ongoing aba-ph express road, it is a federal contract...u don go eke akpara recently??, tell ur OKEZIE once it rains inside town becomes flooded like we are close 2 R.Niger, abi na 2 hurriedly sell ahia Uhuru without providing alternative?, una good morning market nko

don't provoke me...

My friend, ur Okezie is a monumental failure in Abia State!

Full stop
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by RPG2020(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
uptimumOne23:
Op stop lying

This is the Aba we know

grin grin

OP said the good side they don't show you

Every city have good and bad side

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
In Nigeria, smooth roads/street marking and Ariel view = Beautiful. SMH
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by 9jaPromo(f): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
Show the bad side later cry
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Ruggman: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nice pictures , I am impressed
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by nairaland1981: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
All these are lies. I will post the Abia tower tomorrow.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is wack, it's a shame. The japan of afrika. Has shit to show angry.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by magicfingers009: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2021
This is Umuahia Oga! Who you dey deceive?

Businesslist:
See More !!!
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Utchman1: 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Please, with all due respect; some of the.pictures here are not Aba. You don't have to push falsehood to make your point.

Where in Aba is pic number 6? Which Aba are you referring to, my own Aba or another?

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Sleekfingers: 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
Businesslist:
One of factors that largely determines the extent of development of any city is presence of adequate infrastructures. As a result, many cities both in Nigeria and across the world whose government aim to attain a substantial level of development have placed much emphasis on good infrastructures.

The city of Aba located in Abia state south east Nigeria is a very popular city in Nigeria. Aba, known for its high volume of commercial activities is seen by as many as very highly deficient when in comes to infrastructural facilities. The city happens to be characterised by very bad roads, presence of slums, rowdiness, dirt's among many other unpleasant factors.

The business nature of Aba makes it to be considered as one the major commercial hubs in south east and Nigeria at large. It has to its credit, one of the largest market in Nigeria, the ariaria market. Considering the business like environment the abia state city, the inhabitants possess the industrious spirit which is observed in their massive involvement in commercial activities. Large number of their local youths engage in production with emphasis on the manufacturing of foot wears, clothing, jewelries, bags and other commodities.

Though there has been an expression of displeasure by many including the city's dwellers over the deplorable condition of many facilities especially the dilapidated roads, the city does not seize to "buzzle" with its socio-economoc life.

An aspect that seems a little bit hidden from the public is the fact that despite the perceived notion of aba being undeveloped, there still appears to be a beautiful side of this abia states commercial city that doesn't get much public attention.

There is need to also be informed that Aba is not all round bad as is widely perceive. There places were one can still experience the beauty of a city characterized by good roads, beautiful building, neat environments and other flashy infrastructures right in the center of Aba city.

Here is the beautiful side of Aba many probably don't know;

Written By Illikannu Donald Chukwuma

when parisians, londoners wanna show their cities....they should all kinda monumental buildings.....

But when nigerians wanna show their cities they show tarred roads....and they call it beautiful......

What a people with stone age mentalities......

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Jonathan39: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ogun state. Audio IGR state grin grin
uptimumOne23:
Op stop lying

This is the Aba we know

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Moneyboyz: 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
Jeezuzpick:

See what you wrote above?

Same can be said of every single state in Nigeria, including Lagos

I was telling my Lagosian friends a couple weeks ago, when I was in Lagos, the successive governments since 1999 have been monumental failures!

They tried to argue, till I showed them how all they've done is tackle transport. Buses. BRT Lanes. Bus Stops.

No new schools.

No new hospitals.

No new low-cost estates.

Everything new is being done by the private sector.

The only innovators in Nigeria are Nigerian individuals.

Exactly my point, people die from common illness, no standard hospitals, you see people being referred from one hospital to another till they give up the ghost, Insecurity in Nigeria is at its peak because there are no emergency lines, the ones available won't pick up and if they eventually do they won't show up.

No startup funds, no pension for anyone that didn't work in government institutions, no empowerment for the disabled, no incentive for the unemployed, no light.
Do you know if there is stable electricity in Nigeria no one will use gas and kerosene again, therefore reducing their demands and prices will crash almost 80 percent.

We need visionary leaders not herdsmen and cowboys with pot bellies

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
The Aba I know, looks very dirty. Home of mosquitoes especially anopheles mosquito �. You can't sleep without mosquito net, unless you want all the mosquitoes in Aba to roast u. I don't know if it's hose or straw they have in their mouthparts. Dese mosquitoes am talking of are resistant to mosquito killers. My experience dat year Sha.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Amah70: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
Businesslist:
One of factors that largely determines the extent of development of any city is presence of adequate infrastructures. As a result, many cities both in Nigeria and across the world whose government aim to attain a substantial level of development have placed much emphasis on good infrastructures.

The city of Aba located in Abia state south east Nigeria is a very popular city in Nigeria. Aba, known for its high volume of commercial activities is seen by as many as very highly deficient when in comes to infrastructural facilities. The city happens to be characterised by very bad roads, presence of slums, rowdiness, dirt's among many other unpleasant factors.

The business nature of Aba makes it to be considered as one the major commercial hubs in south east and Nigeria at large. It has to its credit, one of the largest market in Nigeria, the ariaria market. Considering the business like environment the abia state city, the inhabitants possess the industrious spirit which is observed in their massive involvement in commercial activities. Large number of their local youths engage in production with emphasis on the manufacturing of foot wears, clothing, jewelries, bags and other commodities.

Though there has been an expression of displeasure by many including the city's dwellers over the deplorable condition of many facilities especially the dilapidated roads, the city does not seize to "buzzle" with its socio-economoc life.

An aspect that seems a little bit hidden from the public is the fact that despite the perceived notion of aba being undeveloped, there still appears to be a beautiful side of this abia states commercial city that doesn't get much public attention.

There is need to also be informed that Aba is not all round bad as is widely perceive. There places were one can still experience the beauty of a city characterized by good roads, beautiful building, neat environments and other flashy infrastructures right in the center of Aba city.

Here is the beautiful side of Aba many probably don't know;

Written By Illikannu Donald Chukwuma

Sure, Abia people are getting it right in Aba.
Aba is bouncing back; Umuahia the state capital is neat.

It’s only Imo state in the southeast which is still on one city state - Owerri.
Incredible governors have dealt big blows to Imo state. Money for urban development in other towns outside Owerri are stolen - huge cash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Nathan2016: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Stanleyq: 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
Elock1:
smiley
This tower looks like that in umuahia
there's no tower in aba, this shows how lie this poster had

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Top Ten Tallest Buildings In Nigeria 2015 / Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.