Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) (66816 Views)

Drone Picture Of Aba-owerri Road Showing How Neat Aba Has Become Recently / Kano Is Beautiful (See Pictures) / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Cousin9999: 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
Arrewa:
Mediocrity!!

The East have a long way to go...

The third picture is not anywhere in Aba, but Ahmadu Bello Way, Ilorin. Kwara Hotels, Government House and Police HQ. I just searched the pictures...

Dear OP not everybody on nairaland Is Dumb!!

Op u just picked a random pictures of few viable roads in abia state and some few pictures from other states to massage your ego.

Instead of holding your leaders accountable to develop that Dustin call Abia state.... You're here deceiving yourself with this rubbish!

This is war ravaged Borno state below...

Bro, why are you so mad and aggressive?

It's not that serious. Relax.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Eracy007(m): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2021
Our cities would look better without the road side markets.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by joina1: 1:53am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Maski87: 1:58am On Jun 23, 2021
Wow,okezie is really working
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Rick9(m): 2:20am On Jun 23, 2021
Check Pictures of Western Countries and compare it to what you uploaded.

I don't celebrate mediocrity. It's not in my nature.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 2:22am On Jun 23, 2021
tobillionaire:
caused by yeasterners who overcrowd Lagos selling okrikas, stock fish, gala, soft drinks, shoes, belts etc on our roads and bus stops...

We really need a governor like fashola in lagos again
Shut up. They have right to trade anywhere they want. There's nothing you or any afonja can do about it.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Rick9(m): 2:23am On Jun 23, 2021
BinamRex:
Whenever I see any post about a beautiful Nigerian city, the first thing that comes to my mind is road, and I am always right.

Citizens of countries in Europe, Asia, and the Americas will never post pictures of roads and call it development. We no get shame for this country oh.

We have normalized bad governance to the point that roads are seen as development. Don't you guys see the skyline of cities in Asia, Europe and America? Don't you guys see pictures of Dubai. Here, flyover and road are our definitions of development. God forbid.

It's so bad, we are so used to mediocrity to the extent that we have grown complacent and not willing to improve.
Naija dey disappoint me on a daily basis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 2:40am On Jun 23, 2021
Jiokejohn:

Ignorance is a very big defect.

What are Yorubas known for?
What sphere of life, job, business, career is dominated by Yorubas?

For instance, the banking sector, legal practitioners, medical sector, etc. cut across all tribes.
Autor parts, electronics, wears, luxury bus transportation are dominated by Igbos.
Bureau De Change, cattle rearing, agric sector, heavy-duty truck transportation are dominated by Hausas.

Please let someone tell me where Yorubas dominated.
[I want to know]
The afonja brown roof dweller won't answer you.

Ewedurians dominate only in skull mining, human organ harvesting, ritual killings, r.ape and owanbe party where men connect and sleep with people's wives grin grin grin
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 2:53am On Jun 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

Aboki show us something from Birnin Kebbi where you are from
Lol.....Birnin Kebbi is a well planned Capital city.

Most of the street roads are dual carriage lane with street lights.

Round abouts, eateries, supermarkets, banks, Govt House, Ministries, guest houses and Hotels, Hospitals, Tertiary institutions(Polytechnic and School of Nursing), Radio stations contributed to the beautiful scenery of the city. The only thing they don't have is flyover because the need is not there.

On the other hands, communication barrier is the major problem facing Non-Hausa/Fulanis speakers in Kebbi because about 95% of the entire populace are baabu turenchi(don't understand English).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Blaqfellow: 2:59am On Jun 23, 2021
God forbid this not aba and I based in aba stop all this nonsense post abeg quote author=Businesslist post=102988848]One of factors that largely determines the extent of development of any city is presence of adequate infrastructures. As a result, many cities both in Nigeria and across the world whose government aim to attain a substantial level of development have placed much emphasis on good infrastructures.

The city of Aba located in Abia state south east Nigeria is a very popular city in Nigeria. Aba, known for its high volume of commercial activities is seen by as many as very highly deficient when in comes to infrastructural facilities. The city happens to be characterised by very bad roads, presence of slums, rowdiness, dirt's among many other unpleasant factors.

The business nature of Aba makes it to be considered as one the major commercial hubs in south east and Nigeria at large. It has to its credit, one of the largest market in Nigeria, the ariaria market. Considering the business like environment the abia state city, the inhabitants possess the industrious spirit which is observed in their massive involvement in commercial activities. Large number of their local youths engage in production with emphasis on the manufacturing of foot wears, clothing, jewelries, bags and other commodities.

Though there has been an expression of displeasure by many including the city's dwellers over the deplorable condition of many facilities especially the dilapidated roads, the city does not seize to "buzzle" with its socio-economoc life.

An aspect that seems a little bit hidden from the public is the fact that despite the perceived notion of aba being undeveloped, there still appears to be a beautiful side of this abia states commercial city that doesn't get much public attention.

There is need to also be informed that Aba is not all round bad as is widely perceive. There places were one can still experience the beauty of a city characterized by good roads, beautiful building, neat environments and other flashy infrastructures right in the center of Aba city.

Here is the beautiful side of Aba many probably don't know;

Written By Illikannu Donald Chukwuma[/quote]
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 3:02am On Jun 23, 2021
Bahamas95:
1. Kogi

2. Ogun

3. Abia

Give me free accommodation I won't stay in these states because of their bad roads.
Ogun own is worse jare.

From Ijebu-Ode inner town navigating towards Ago-Iwoye to Ibadan is in a very messy and deplorable condition. Rusted zinc roof dilapidated buildings with old mosques littered everywhere.

I don't know if those living around that axis don't have representatives both in Ogun State House of Assembly, HOR or Senate who will take their complain to the governor. Too bad!!!
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 3:08am On Jun 23, 2021
Rochasstatue:
Very shameless post.
In the 21st century this is what a south eastern state can come up with?
And APC, PMB and Asiwaju is their problem?
Ndi uchu!
Shut up osiso. Who cares about APC and Asiwaju.

Abia State is suffering from foundational problem joined with mal-administration of her past and present leader.

It takes a good governor to re-write what a state is known for.

Take Peter Obi and his glorious years as governor in Anambra State for instance.

What Abia needs is a good and pragmatic leader who has passion for massive development.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 3:11am On Jun 23, 2021
GeneralPula:

No wonderful Flatinoz become refugees everywhere across the country..
And Afonjas winning trophy in rape(local and international), skull mining, ritual killings, human organ harvesting and prostitution grin grin grin
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 3:14am On Jun 23, 2021
I have what it takes to match afonjas word for word, bad mouth for bad mouth, tantrum for tantrum. They must beg me to slow down. All na for cruise shaagrin grin grin
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Reffone: 4:01am On Jun 23, 2021
Silly you I typically based in aba and if you need proof just say so and I will present you with facts and evidence, FYI make inquiry about cemetery market which happens to be the third biggest market in abia state the road is a big shame to the present government given the revenue generated on a daily basis there, another good example ohanku road by east presently under construction for the past 5 months yet the project seems like child's play, and the recent destruction of ihia onru (New market) ngwa road the government destroyed almost 10 lanes of the market and still counting rendering almost 100-250 traders hopeless just for selfish benefits of various cabals and individuals, which in turn has left many traders stranded and in tears, port hacourt road is a dead zone just filled with construction equipment and still yet to cover 5km on the road construction for the pasted 7months, how about old court primary school which was demolished and converted to another market zone just to generate additional profit for the present government, the children of the state education isn't important enough or what, less I forget the present ngwa been constructed is already a failure because 2days back the rain converted a new road under construction into a river, what I saw that day made me understand that this country called Nigeria is an embarrassment to the African continent, omuma road which is also under construction which to me are just means to loot more tax payers money render over 100 people homeless because they destroyed over 40 buildings on an excuse that the road needed to be widen, faluks road was commissioned last year but this year it's already filled with countless potholes and it's not up to 3years the road was constructed how many more should I mention, be well informed before you open your gutter of a mouth to speak, all you saw was a few spotlight locations uploaded just to get an unnecessary fake praises that the government is doing well, osisioma bridge is going 5 years and counting still an incomplete project
Gambit23:

Lies, stop discussing about places u have never ever stepped foot on..

The parts of Abia state or Aba that is messed up represents less than 1% of the whole state or city.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by tonyashburton: 4:02am On Jun 23, 2021
OP you can lie ooooooh!Many of those roads are not in Aba.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by sage(m): 4:07am On Jun 23, 2021
Who is fooling who? Many of these pictures are not even Aba.

Why does the government pay people to use pictures that are not even Aba to improve Ana’s image instead of actually changing the city’s image?
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by sage(m): 4:17am On Jun 23, 2021
Reffone:
Silly you I typically based in aba and if you need proof just say so and I will present you with facts and evidence, FYI make inquiry about cemetery market which happens to be the third biggest market in abia state the road is a big shame to the present government given the revenue generated on a daily basis there, another good example ohanku road by east presently under construction for the past 5 months yet the project seems like child's play, and the recent destruction of ihia onru (New market) ngwa road the government destroyed almost 10 lanes of the market and still counting rendering almost 100-250 traders hopeless just for selfish benefits of various cabals and individuals, which in turn has left many traders stranded and in tears, port hacourt road is a dead zone just filled with construction equipment and still yet to cover 5km on the road construction for the pasted 7months, how about old court primary school which was demolished and converted to another market zone just to generate additional profit for the present government, the children of the state education isn't important enough or what, less I forget the present ngwa been constructed is already a failure because 2days back the rain converted a new road under construction into a river, what I saw that day made me understand that this country called Nigeria is an embarrassment to the African continent, omuma road which is also under construction which to me are just means to loot more tax payers money render over 100 people homeless because they destroyed over 40 buildings on an excuse that the road needed to be widen, faluks road was commissioned last year but this year it's already filled with countless potholes and it's not up to 3years the road was constructed how many more should I mention, be well informed before you open your gutter of a mouth to speak, all you saw was a few spotlight locations uploaded just to get an unnecessary fake praises that the government is doing well, osisioma bridge is going 5 years and counting still an incomplete project

Very very true. Who are these fools trying to deceive?

The whole Aba has how many kilometers of road? All the roads in Aba can be repaired in 12 to 24 months of any serious government but instead the wicked government in power pays propagandists to post fake pictures and pretend it’s Aba.

Meanwhile members of the government spend their time in Abuja enjoying Abia State money because they like being in a city with actual roads and not propaganda pictures.

The government of Abia State just needs to to overhaul 25 to 30 miles of road a year in Aba to create a city they can present the roads to the public. Instead they rely of false propaganda like this thread while people in Aba continue to suffer. Extreme wickedness

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by hokafor(m): 4:18am On Jun 23, 2021
I wonder who this person is trying to convince, Aba is a shithole no apologies instead of you to protest to your clueless leaders in Aba you are here making mockery of your self.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Ever8090: 4:41am On Jun 23, 2021
Op just made fool if himself, this pictures are from Boron state government achievement

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by bewla(m): 5:24am On Jun 23, 2021
NaijaRoyalty:
Beautiful

Clean roads unlike the dirt's we see littered all over Lagos roads
Yes but all yooh want to come to Lagos not to Aba

Every family and village in NIGERIA have a representative in Lagos

Lagos is New York to yooh

So u yooh spoiled what we get going on here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by mosaicafrique: 5:26am On Jun 23, 2021
Good morning, Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market in ok, Lagos State.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by rooney(m): 5:54am On Jun 23, 2021
This one is the architectural design, I live in Umuahia. The real road of this tower is full of pot holes. Stop spreading untrue rumour.
Businesslist:
See More !!!
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 23, 2021
NacoAba:
Do you stay in Aba if yes, which side? Let's meet.

I buy my merchandise from Aba so I know the place very well.

I live in Lagos
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Gambit23: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2021
Reffone:

More lies.

Stop discussing places u have never been in.

I repeat, the terrible places in Abia state is less than 1% of th entire state.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by Gambit23: 6:24am On Jun 23, 2021
bewla:
Yes but all yooh want to come to Lagos not to Aba

Every family and village in NIGERIA have a representative in Lagos

Lagos is New York to yooh

So u yooh spoiled what we get going on here

Lagos is a mega slum, top worse liveable city on earth, An award she has won several times.
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by sirjoe1124(m): 6:26am On Jun 23, 2021
Businesslist:
More !!!
Name the places you snapped. Stop misleading people
Re: The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:40am On Jun 23, 2021
Kingisibor:

@ Arrewa no ilorin picture among these pictures posted here I live in iliorin I'm well conversant with the city terrain .....you are liar

If you don't know that road in Ilorin, then you're obviously lying through your teeth that you have ever stepped your foot in Ilorin. The Government House, Kwara Hotel, State Ministry of Works, NYSC Secretariat and so on are on that road.

You just called someone a liar over your own ignorance. How interesting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Street Slangs You Must Know When You Are In Lagos / The Top Ten Tallest Buildings In Nigeria 2015 / Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.