Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? (12402 Views)

Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? / Can A Graduate Do NYSC Twice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by brosom(m): 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
H
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Mariokenny(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
In 2011, I had similar experience at UNN... After paying for acceptance fee and other registration fees, my elder brother who doubled as my sponsor asked me the question u are seeking for the answer now. I couldn't provide the answer instantly and that's how he concluded I won't be studying the course. Didn't bother researching further.

1 Like

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by free2ryhme: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
santos123:
I applied for law,but tried to change it to english langusge but i had problem getting jamb otp for change of course. So I left my first choice which is law but was given combined art. My question is what is combined arts? What can it be used for?

Which higher institution?
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Hassanmaye(m): 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
mysticgal:
Combined arts is where different artforms interact and create something new and exciting across outdoor arts, carnival, festivals, spectacle, interdisciplinary work, live art and participatory and social art practice. More like social science or sociology and anthropology grin

I remember UNN giving me combined social science....I cried profusely and finally, I got to study law in another university which as it turns out is clownery especially being practiced in Nigeria.

So I would advise you to study it, don’t waste another year at home, time wasted cannot be regained(don’t listen to those up there) but learn some skills or earn certifications in Hr, arbitration or tax and even intern at organisations you see yourself working at.
No be Wetin person study e fit practice for Nigeria. I’m a lawyer but in pharmaceuticals due to skills I had to learnundecided
You mean you left practice
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by mysticgal(f): 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hassanmaye:

You mean you left practice
I can’t really leave.
Law is now part of my life. I mean it’s my first degree and would always be pointed at,so I just diverted and did some certifications in another field and by Gods grace, gunning for an MBA in the nearest future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Ashirioluwa: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
1. It will be used to get BA degree certificate

2. It will be used to go for one year mandatory NYSC program

3. One can use it to join the unemployed candidates.

Some youths don’t even look at economy and the job market before going to schools.

This course is useless here in Nigeria unless you have someone to help you

3 Likes

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by shegzhkn: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lol.

The earlier all this folks understand that that with the current form of their country all courses are the same including and especially the most revered ones.
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
LordGuru1:
Many are still trying wish it away, but it has fully started already. JESUS told us categorically that it shall happen before HE comes back. HE also said if the time is not shortened, even many of the Elects shall be DECEIVED to receive the Mark and become re-configured to be unfit for Rapture. Yet, some over-sabi Christians expected Satanics and his human tools to show them that "This is the mark of the beast, receive it." What part of Deceived don't you understand?! Satan knew too many would reject if directly of forehead, but hand is more unsuspectious. They thinking solid chip when Satan's human tools perfected it as liquid long ago. CORONation of the Antichrist King has started, yet many trying hard to bury their heads in sand.
Matthew 24:22

MK Ultra! Remote controlled. Has he taken the Vaassin? Why does small magnet sticks to the vaasinated part. Magnetic nano tech. The Scripture says clay and iron is the very last stage of Humanity before MESSIAH comes to wipe out this Satanic World System.

Wonder why they call demonic Rock music heavy metals? Violent rap music, that makes folks to carry guns and kill, is a child's play compared to Heavy Metals. It's not possible to listen to it long enough and not be possessed by demons. Mecury is liquid metal just like the vaasin that conducts full domic possession of your Soul. JESUS said "I saw Satan fell like lightening!" Yet, the uninitiated see Electricity as salvation that is better than the real Immortality they should have if they please the CREATOR of Humanity.
The amount of yaba left citizens on this forum is alarming.
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by santos123(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
free2ryhme:

Which higher institution?
unn
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Jman06(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
I think universities should stop this tendency to dish out just any course to naive students who applied for their desired courses!

Best is to advertise available courses for those who didn't make their choice courses to choose from. That way, students would be able to choose a course they can relate with.

Which one be "Combined arts again"

2 Likes

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Oshomo12(m): 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
Please don't waste your time studying a course you do not know what to do with it!!

Is it a must to enter university at all costs?

1 Like

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Unrated900(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ask dbang
Both of you has the same course.
Today he is the koko master
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by geelite(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
you can use it to cubana
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Lordsonn: 1:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
My advice is go for the course and apply for jamb again.

Kind regards
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by bluefilm: 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
santos123:
I applied for law,but tried to change it to english langusge but i had problem getting jamb otp for change of course. So I left my first choice which is law but was given combined art. My question is what is combined arts? What can it be used for?

Please, I take God beg you, don't do English biko.

You will be doing the society more damage than good if you go for English.
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Elzakzaky: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
santos123:
Study the course, but dont stop at first degree. You will be one of the pioneers and it will be easy to make a name for yourself.
When Library studies was first introduced in unilorin, only 5 students studied the course. One federal Library came and employed all of them

1 Like

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
mysticgal:

I can’t really leave.
Law is now part of my life. I mean it’s my first degree and would always be pointed at,so I just diverted and did some certifications in another field and by Gods grace, gunning for an MBA in the nearest future.
This life no balance indeed professors are going back to university to study law but you choose to dump it, most of the lies about law in this thread is by people from arts and social science that apply law without luck. Good luck sha, they envy law no be small I don't know why though
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by mysticgal(f): 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hassanmaye:

This life no balance indeed professors are going back to university to study law but you choose to dump it, most of the lies about law in this thread is by people from arts and social science that apply law without luck. Good luck sha, they envy law no be small I don't know why though

Yea, life is that quirky. Back then people looked forward to study law because it had prospects. I wouldn’t say the market is oversaturated but if one is to succeed, I mean make money and send something home, you’ve gotta be smart and smart cannot be waiting for jusun to finish strike. Your shoe go bend.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Vlain: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
santos123:

This has to be unn. Na them dey study anything combined.

CA- combined Art
CSS-Combined social science
CBS- combined biological science (biochemistry and microbiology, the u select one at third year)
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Combined arts? grin UNN has done it again.

Combined arts is not really a known department. It's just you combining two art courses. One should be a major. Not sure how they pick their combination. But let's assume you're combining history and linguistics. If you pick History as a major, you can use your certificate to do the same thing history graduates do.
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by carlos1(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Na to employ u for crowwe app headquarters o

1 Like

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by phemmyfour: 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2021
santos123:
Useless course. Write another jamb
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by afariogunone1(f): 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
Nollywood loading
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Qualer: 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
santos123:

Example of Combined Arts course
UNN :
1. English/French
2. English/German
3. French/German
4. Igbo/Linguistics
5. Music/English
6. Music/Theater

Places to Work with a Degree in Arts (Combined Honours)
Commerce or finance.
Journalism or the media.
Central and local government.
Management or administration.
Social and community services.
Teacher.

3 Likes

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by afroxyz: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
Combined arts means you can combine any two courses within tge faculty of arts. Na UNN be this?

Anyways, with the way he country and world is going, some people are still going to school in anticipation of getting a job when they graduate? When in skol, use your time to learn as much skills as possible. Be a polymath

1 Like

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Gfskw: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
Art offcourse
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lovexme:
Must have been newly introduced, because I've never heard of such course before.
It has been existing for long in UNN. In UNN, you have combine Art, combine social Sciences, Combine Physical Sciences. As a combine art students, you are at liberty to combine any of the art Courses such as English language with theatre Art, English with French, etc. Back then, my roommate did Combine Physical Sciences (Mathematics with Computer Science)

1 Like

Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by hybraheeem002(m): 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Martial arts
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Vlain:

This has to be unn. Na them dey study anything combined.

CA- combined Art
CSS-Combined social science
CBS- combined biological science (biochemistry and microbiology, the u select one at third year)
I applied for law ended up in Combined Social Sciences and I don't regret it. Studied PHILOSOPHY/PSYCHOLOGY..It was stressful but I'm happy I studied those courses.
Re: Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? by gunpoint(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2021
Kid!
Do not study this course!
Don't even study Law sef!
look around you and really find a selling course.
Life isn't about doing what you enjoy, but what will feed you and yours.
One year wasted now is better than 70years post graduation trying to find food

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oduduwa University Students Thread. / ASUU Protests As FG Withholds Union Dues / Niger Delta University Admission List 2012/2013 .....check Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.