Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. (5137 Views)

Chioma Is Beautiful, Why Davido Like Ugly Girls As Side Chicks / Revealed: See Why Davido Cannot Legally Marry Chioma. / Davido Will Not Marry Chioma. Here Is Why (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
siofra:
Please you people should leave Rema and Omah lay they sing songs our generation can relate to, don't force your boring old people songs on us.

Does it really matter if Davido wins a Grammy? He's bigger than both Wizkid and Burna Boy though I'm not a fan of either Wizkid, Davido or Burna Boy.

But do you know that when someone asks an average Nigerian to mention a Nigerian artiste, 60% percent of the time, Davido's name will be the first from their lips.
he is bigger than who? You must be a drunkard. Just open mouth like donkey
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Reeses: 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Feddie3:
His money will buy the soul of your father
Chia idi wicked.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Ayo2004: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Vero4u:
die harth? Abeg go sleep. I was dragging with a blackmoron indeed.
No mind the mugu,every single song from Level up to Bank on it is superb...I prefer African Giant but the way Burna go just force person like him music ehnn,guy has so many sound
Bank on it is a personal favourite
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Casham: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2021
Look, the only reason Burna Boy smelled Grammy was P Diddy and Dr Dre. I really like Burna Boy oh, but the say hate on Davido is very unneccessary. Grammy or not, nobody should dissrespect these artistes. Davido is a great artiste, whether we admit it or not.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Casham: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2021
Vero4u:
Davido is bigger than both Burna and wizkid

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Casham:
delusional frog fan grin
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Casham: 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Vero4u:
delusional frog fan grin
Guy, tell yourself the truth na. At least Davido fans never call other artistes names. That's where you should know his fans have a really good understanding of music. If you call Davido "Frog voice", be honest with yaself, what will you call Burna? You and I know that Davido has the better voice. But that's not my issue. My issue is this: you don't need to hate on Wizkid or Burna simply because you are a fan of Davido. And vice versa. They both made Nigerian music industry phenomenal. The Nigerian music industry is bigger than any artiste. But anyone who disrespects Davido really do not know music. And those saying Nigerian music is trash, I have nothing to say to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by iRepNaija1: 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Infolenka:
It takes a lot for an African to win a Grammy award. There are very limited categories for African artistes and only a very unique and revolutionary artiste can bag a Grammy. American artistes can get away with singing cliche songs but not an African artistes.

Here are the reasons why Davido will never win a Grammy.

1. He only sings about sex, women and money. Compare that with burna boys songs that bite deep into issues ailing Africans and paints a very artistic representation of the typical Nigerian society; our culture, attitudes and lifestyle, with his music.

2. There is no revolutionary or powerful message in Davido's songs.

3. His songs don't really cut across genres. He only sings the same stale afrobeat songs that thousands of artistes are singing. Only that he does it better.

I think artistes like Fireboy, Rema and Omah lay will win a Grammy before Davido.

And Davido will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
Casham:
Guy, tell yourself the truth na. At least Davido fans never call other artistes names. That's where you should know his fans have a really good understanding of music. If you call Davido "Frog voice", be honest with yaself, what will you call Burna? You and I know that Davido has the better voice. But that's not my issue. My issue is this: you don't need to hate on Wizkid or Burna simply because you are a fan of Davido. And vice versa. They both made Nigerian music industry phenomenal. The Nigerian music industry is bigger than any artiste. But anyone who disrespects Davido really do not know music. And those saying Nigerian music is trash, I have nothing to say to you.
are you really comparing Burna's voice to frog voice. Oh my God. You must be joking. Burnaboy, one of best live performer in Africa to auto-tune master. I cannot can

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Cindy222(f): 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
chatinent:
I wonder what this guy thinks Rema and Omah Lay sing either. Besides, isn't the Grammy overrated?

I am yet to find a useful Rema's song.

Omah Lay is all about the rhymes, no meaningful lyrics.

Talk about lyrics, talk about Johnny Drille.

Johnny Drille is AMA to the ZING....Purely AMAZING....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by chatinent: 12:06am On Jun 24, 2021
Cindy222:

Johnny Drille is AMA to the ZING....Purely AMAZING....

Love you for this.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by firejo3526: 12:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Opemiposii:
undecided goan sing urx and win your grammy.. ah
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Cindy222(f): 12:44am On Jun 24, 2021
chatinent:

Love you for this.

Love you right back for loving moi grin
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Upjis: 5:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Na grammy we go chop?
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Casham: 5:50am On Jun 24, 2021
Vero4u:
are you really comparing Burna's voice to frog voice. Oh my God. You must be joking. Burnaboy, one of best live performer in Africa to auto-tune master. I cannot can
At this point I really have nothing to tell you. It's obvious you are just hating!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by africandictator(m): 6:29am On Jun 24, 2021
Flahyuq:
So why u post am for romance section...you wan fvck Davido??
no mind the guy, he is now obsessed with davido.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by phemmyfour: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2021
Infolenka:
It takes a lot for an African to win a Grammy award. There are very limited categories for African artistes and only a very unique and revolutionary artiste can bag a Grammy. American artistes can get away with singing cliche songs but not an African artistes.

1. He only sings about sex, women and money. Compare that with burna boys songs that bite deep into issues ailing Africans and paints a very artistic representation of the typical Nigerian society; our culture, attitudes and lifestyle, with his music.

3. His songs don't really cut across genres. He only sings the same stale afrobeat songs that thousands of artistes are singing. Only that he does it better.

I think artistes like Fireboy, Rema and Omah lay will win a Grammy before Davido.
Go and listen to FEM

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by africandictator(m): 7:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Leave davido alone abeg!
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Kccheechy(m): 7:13am On Jun 24, 2021
If Davido releases a 15 track Album, 10 of the songs will be about women, the other 5 will be about 30 billion, how he has over 1 million followers and haters on twitter and instagram, if you cross him lane e go fall you, bling bling, Luis Vuitton, Prada, versace, and the rest. Not a Single meaningful song with a strong message to pass.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Iceyjayz: 7:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Casham:
If you call davido trash songs good music, then you prolly don't know anything about good music, and davido doesn't have a good voice to say the least, most of you all are just blind followers of David, I like David no doubt but that doesn't mean I will support him blindly, no way!

So you want to compare Burna boys voice to davido's? I just wish I can give you a dirty slap there, let's be honest, you don't know sh*t about good music.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Iceyjayz: 8:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Casham:
In your dreams, blind follower!
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Iceyjayz: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2021
Vero4u:
The guy knows nothing about music just spare him, when you argue with ignorant people like him, you only get exhausted because they are blind to facts
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by siofra(f): 9:28am On Jun 24, 2021
Vero4u:

You wey no dey open mouth like donkey how many sensible things don comot from your mouth

Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Casham: 10:25am On Jun 24, 2021
Iceyjayz:
If you call davido trash songs good music, then you prolly don't know anything about good music, and davido doesn't have a good voice to say the least, most of you all are just blind followers of David, I like David no doubt but that doesn't mean I will support him blindly, no way!

So you want to compare Burna boys voice to davido's? I just wish I can give you a dirty slap there, let's be honest, you don't know sh*t about good music.
We are probably only going to run round and round; you saying I don't know shi about music and I saying same about you. For your info, I don't follow Davido. Never followed him. But I respect him. I got "African Giant" full album in my phone, but not "A Good Time." I don't wanna talk about "Twice As Tall" and "A Better Time". Just respect these artistes please. Davido, Burna Boy and Big Wiz are not even among my top five Nigerian favorites. Music is art. There's no best art. Respect!
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by ElValiente(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2021
Infolenka:

Yet Americans dey win am. After singing about drugs. Bushes,.hood or killings. Hatred will consume you of you don't take Kia. By the way. You're a mumu man.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 11:38am On Jun 24, 2021
phemmyfour:
Go and listen to FEM
FEM is revolutionary? grin cheesy grin
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 11:44am On Jun 24, 2021
siofra:

You wey no dey open mouth like donkey how many sensible things don comot from your mouth
mumu. How is Davido bigger than Wizkid. Even Davido knows Wiz is bigger. Heck, even Burna is now climbing above Davido. Everyone knows he is just a talentless hardworker, that buys songs from artists and repackage with his frog voice.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by ekene101: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2021
Feddie3:
His money will buy the soul of your father
just imagine d rubbish u just spat,no offence but u lack sense. Even if u don't accept his opinion,why degrade someone's father. It shows yours is a lowlife and a deadbeat that's why u just jump into mentioning someone else's over irrelevant issue as if davido knows of ur existence. Simp
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by DarkPheonix: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Vero4u:
mumu. How is Davido bigger than Wizkid. Even Davido knows Wiz is bigger. Heck, even Burna is now climbing above Davido. Everyone knows he is just a talentless hardworker, that buys songs from artists and repackage with his frog voice.
Ode, you wey get talent which one you don sing?
Talent you nor get, hardwork you nor fit, his frog voice is making him millions and you dey here dey run mouth.
Davido is bigger and better than big Wiz, even bigwiz knows this.
And it is "artiste" not "artist"
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by Vero4u: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
DarkPheonix:

Ode, you wey get talent which one you don sing?
Talent you nor get, hardwork you nor fit, his frog voice is making him millions and you dey here dey run mouth.
Davido is bigger and better than big Wiz, even bigwiz knows this.
And it is "artiste" not "artist"
mumu. Once person tell una bitter truth, you guys to start to broke shame. I am very satisfied with myself so all this broke shame is irrelevant to me. Davido is nothing more than a hardworker/successful artiste and i respect him for that but to say he is bigger than Wizkid, that is a fallacy. He is only bigger in giveaways which he uses to buy fans. Internationally, few people rates him.
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
FOR SURE HE WONT!
Re: This Is Why Davido Will Never Win A Grammy. by jimmychang: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Casham:

Davido has a better voice than Burna ...na wao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Word For These Young Lovers (photos) / Guys!!! Have A Lady Ever Wooed You Before? / Romance Section Debates 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.