Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? (837 Views)

Is It Okay To Publicly Confess Your Past Evil?? / Dubai Yahoo Boy Who Wants To Marry A Prostitute Meets TB Joshua (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
U can try it if the woman is Muslim, she will change within a month if she sees ur unconditional love, and signs and wonders flowing from ur life

I met a Fulani Muslim girl that said though her family will not allow it, she'd prefer to marry a Christian guy. She's about 17. And this is a typical northern Muslim. I've had a relationship with a "conc" Fulani Muslim lady before that was so obsessed with me and could do anything for me. Said she would love to carry my baby and all that. What I found out while staying in the north is that northern Muslim girls would prefer marrying (especially southern) Christian guys.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

I met a Fulani Muslim girl that said though her family will not allow it, she'd prefer to marry a Christian guy. She's about 17. And this is a typical northern Muslim. I've had a relationship with a "conc" Fulani Muslim lady before that was so obsessed with me and could do anything for me. Said she would love to carry my baby and all that. What I found out while staying in the north is that northern Muslim girls would prefer marrying (especially southern) Christian guys.

You're not wiser than Solomon, are you?

Well he started as a wise man but ended up foolish because of marrying unbelievers who never loved his God but claimed they love him! 1Kings 11:4
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Missyajoke(f): 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

When you have a job appointment in a company owned by a Muslim, and with majority Muslim staff would you remember this quote?
Rubbish, its your type that will convert to Islam to get a Job
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Missyajoke:

A yoke is a contract complete with terms and conditions, a covenant....even a job contract is a yoke. undecided

The verse you quoted doesn't suggest that you never enter into a contract with an unbeliever but instead that you should not enter into UNEQUAL contracts with them meaning that both sides should bear equal risks in the contract. undecided

"Do Not be Un-equally yoked with an unbeliever" in corrected grammar actually implies "Do be Equally yoked with an unbeliever". undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 26, 2021
Missyajoke:

And how did you get to that conclusion. For your sake I hope you're not this daft?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're not wiser than Solomon, are you?

Well he started as a wise man but ended up foolish because of marrying unbelievers who never loved his God but claimed they love him! 1Kings 11:4

And marrying a believer (at least by your definition) means the marriage will be successful, right?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:28am On Jun 26, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

And marrying a believer (at least by your definition) means the marriage will be successful, right?

God's word should help believers to gain wisdom {Proverbs 3:5-6} it's foolish to think you are wiser than God's word when making crucial decisions in life {Jeremiah 10:23} when God instruct his worshipers to avoid marriage alliance with unbelievers {Deuteronomy 7:3 compare to 2Corinthians 6:14} experience has given us the reason that the wisest man who ever lived later failed woefully due to marriage alliance with unbelievers! 1Kings 11:4

For your information the verb "BELEIVE" connotes TRUST so do you trust in the words of the Bible's Author?
If you do then to prove you truly believe (trust) in His wise counsels, make sure you fish out your future partner only in the midst of His worshipers! Deuteronomy 7:3

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49am On Jun 26, 2021
Most Bible readers often think the Bible is just a story book!

But whenever God instruct us to do something as His beloved children we should know that certain circumstances may arise that will test our FAITH (what we will do when the time to apply God's loving direction comes)
It may be difficult to find such like
©You're attracted to.
©Understand your feelings.
©Ever ready to give you a listening ear.
©Rich enough to support you financially.
©Highly connected to ease your carrier.
©Beautiful and charming to your taste.
©Prepared to share all your feelings.
©Actively participating in your progress.
And so many other sound qualities you may seek in a wife. But God's word says patiently search for suchlike ones in the midst of His worshipers!
That's the reason PATIENCE is listed among the fruitage of God's Holy Spirit:

"On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, PATIENCE, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law" Galatians 5:22-23

If you allow the patience among God's people to work on your disposition, you will find one person that will fit in (may not be perfectly) to your taste.

Most people will tell you they're born again but when talking about the fruitage of God's Holy Spirit they don't give a damn! 2Timothy 3:5 smiley
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God's word should help believers to gain wisdom {Proverbs 3:5-6} it's foolish to think you are wiser than God's word when making crucial decisions in life {Jeremiah 10:23} when God instruct his worshipers to avoid marriage alliance with unbelievers {Deuteronomy 7:3 compare to 2Corinthians 6:14} experience has given us the reason that the wisest man who ever lived later failed woefully due to marriage alliance with unbelievers! 1Kings 11:4

For your information the verb "BELEIVE" connotes TRUST so do you trust in the words of the Bible's Author?
If you do then to prove you truly believe (trust) in His wise counsels, make sure you fish out your future partner only in the midst of His worshipers! Deuteronomy 7:3

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

God's word you quoted were given to the ISRAELITES. Except you can tell me where Christians were given the same instruction in the New Testament. And before you start the "so are you telling me we shouldn't follow the Old Testament" that most of your like resort to, I'll agree the passages you quoted in the Old Testament apply to Christians if you could prove to me that your church forbids women in their period from attending your services as commanded in the same Old Teastament, or if you guys follow all the rules God gave in Leviticus 15.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
God's word you quoted were given to the ISRAELITES. Except you can tell me where Christians were given the same instruction in the New Testament. And before you start the "so are you telling me we shouldn't follow the Old Testament" that most of your like resort to, I'll agree the passages you quoted in the Old Testament apply to Christians if you could prove to me that your church forbids women in their period from attending your services as commanded in the same Old Teastament, or if you guys follow all the rules God gave in Leviticus 15.

The Mosaic laws given to the Israelites doesn't apply to Christians so when i quote from the OT i'm only showing you why God instructed His worshipers not to form marriage alliance with unbelievers.
As for Christians God's word reminded us that the instruction to keep our marriage bond within the same faith still stands, so we are not obeying because of the OT rather we are following up on what God's Holy Spirit directed Apostle Paul to tell us! 1Corinthians 7:39; 2Corinthians 6:14
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Marry A Muslim? by Janosky: 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Jehovah's Servants, the people HE choose to bear His name, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts15:7-14 will gladly obey 1 Corinthians 7:39, Deut 7:3 &
1 John 5:3.

The rule of Deuteronomy 7:3 & 1 Corinthians 7:39 & 2 Corinthians 6:14 is inspired by God for His servants who bear His name- Jehovah's Witnesses, Isaiah 43:10-12,21 & Acts 15:14.

Have you ever read where Jehovah's servants banished a menstrual woman from fellowship for her obedience to Hebrews 10:24-25?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Woman Photographs Something Amazing From An Airplane In The Middle Of A Storm / Sins & It Antitode / Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.