Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy (22920 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees / Igbo Businessmen Ask Northern Traders To Give Estimate Of Losses From IPOB Attac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Jonathan39: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Stop disgracing yourself on line grin grin
Wickedtruths:
[s][/s].

Innoson is a serial debtor without credibility. He is in the category of Ifeanyi Ubah the bloated fool who nearly ruined Coscharis after Coscharis guaranteed his bank loan.

Innoson is far beneath Coscharis, even their products and customers are not the same.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Flairoqy(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wise, now South East are truly ready for independence, it’s way beyond rants and protests, independence is tactical.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Wickedtruths: 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jonathan39:
Retard. So coscharis dont have business in the East? Innoson has gone bankrupt abi? Clown

Jonathan39:
I am a tech guy(programmer), I am through with my NYSC and intend moving to Lagos.
I have been advised by some friends in Lagos to move to either surulere or yaba. But as a tech guy, I want to know which will be better for me in terms of networking with other programmers and conducive environment. I have budgeted 200k+ for a self contained apartment. Thank you

Bastard, why didn't you stay in the East with Innoson, why running to Lagos?

Animals like you are in Lagos but are advising others to go to the East.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Wickedtruths: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jonathan39:
Has modakeke and igangan settled there fight grin

Modekeke And Ife fight has long been settled. As at when it was settled, your fathers were still living in the bush, fetching bananas from trees.
In Igangan, we are putting the fear of God in the fulani savages.

You on the other hand are an Osu outcast who has always suffered deprivation. As you are, your mother can't inherit your father's property, your daughters can't inherit your property and they must use bottle to barb your wife's head when you die. Not only are you bleeped, your generations are bleeped.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by EmmanuelScott1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
grin grin, As an Igbo man, I'm avoiding this topic because this is what I have been talking from the beginning. undecided
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by SmartPolician: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
TimeTraveller:
[s]If you notice how clannish Igbos are, you will thank God Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH are not Southeastern states. Igbos can buy land in a remote part of Igbeti, but won't sell to anyone not belonging to their clan. No region has benefitted from Nigeria like the Igbos, yet they are the most bitter and hateful.

If to say Lagos dey East, Igbos for dey treat other Nigerians like dogs. You may think my post is unrelated, but you will understand it better by and by. [/s]

This is bullshit.

You think say land na one-one-kobo for east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by flokii: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Igbos don't have any excuse when it comes to developing their lands.. it's just easy way out they love and awoof of free and liberal markets in North and West.

Dubai some thirty to fourty years back had less dry land and more water bodies scattered around. They looked inward and built mega structures even on the water with state-of-the art facilities using modern technologies. I'm sure some of them don't know you can print spare parts and some machine tools now using 3D modelling and printing technology, they are still singing Innoson up and down.

It's potopoto (mud) and gully erosion that plagues East and they can fix the place if they put their minds to it.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by clothingonline(m): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Affordable men clothing payment on delivery Lagos and nationwide dispatch
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by pacespot(m): 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Nothing like Igbo investment in the south west, they are simply engaging in their selling of wares to make money to develop their biafra land. Nothing scares igbos like sh*t you asking them to leave other parts of the country and return to South East

1 Like

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Jonathan39: 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
Cry me a River, igboho season 2 loading. Someone who is from a region where a king is buried with 7 human head is talking grin grin

Anyway skull mining is the only Generational business that has stand the test of time in your region, I am sure your parents are planning how to butcher you and market your organs grin grin

Descendant of fallen demons grin grin
Wickedtruths:

Modekeke And Ife fight has long been settled. As at when it was settled, your fathers were still living in the bush, fetching bananas from trees.
In Igangan, we are putting the fear of God in the fulani savages.

You on the other hand are an Osu outcast who has always suffered deprivation. As you are, your mother can't inherit your father's property, your daughters can't inherit your property and they must use bottle to barb your wife's head when you die. Not only are you bleeped, your generations are bleeped.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Onepeople: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
People who were telling the igbos how they evict from their region are now the proffering feasibility advice to igboman, my advice to ikeokwu spare part dealer's in portharcourt is that they should go the boundary between rivers state or abia or imo state and establish ikeokwu spare part business there. Wike believe river state is doing igbo people favour by allowing them access to do business in river state forgetting that they are providing services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Jonathan39: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Bastard, tell all the Chinese in Lagos to move back to China since their Country is the Producer of the major goods in world market grin grin migration is a human feature, how will an MC oluomo recruit know grin grin
Wickedtruths:

Bastard, why didn't you stay in the East with Innoson, why running to Lagos?

Animals like you are in Lagos but are advising others to go to the East.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by pacespot(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
TimeTraveller:
If you notice how clannish Igbos are, you will thank God Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH are not Southeastern states. Igbos can buy land in a remote part of Igbeti, but won't sell to anyone not belonging to their clan. No region has benefitted from Nigeria like the Igbos, yet they are the most bitter and hateful.

If to say Lagos dey East, Igbos for dey treat other Nigerians like dogs. You may think my post is unrelated, but you will understand it better by and by.

Do you think Lagos developed because it is the only state that gives Nigeria access to Atlantic? Lagos developed because of Yoruba's thought leadership, creativity and tolerance to attract foreigners and people from all over the country to the state. There are other states with access to the sea, like Akwa Ibom, Warri, Rivers, Calabar, why are they not as developed as Lagos? Let me tell this, if Lagos is a south east state, it won't have been developed as it is today, and you know why, because igbos would have used their clannish attitude to chase people away. Imagine you go to Lagos and you can't buy land to conduct your business except you are an igbo, and there are other restrictive policies that undermine your business against Igbo competitors, then you will be left with no option than to move your business to a friendlier environment. Creating an enabling environment for businesses to thrive is what Yoruba's are doing better than others in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Igeri: 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
YorubarLord:
grin They'll rather brag about developing other people's land

If it is true why are Kano crying that Igbo people live in exclusive areas where Kano indigenes are not allowed to live
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Gjmff: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oh
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by otabaotaba: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2021
I support this idea 100%
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Igeri: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
Smartini:
I am Igbo, but to say the truth, we're filled with greed all in the name to become sharp businessmen and 'smart' guys.

Have you ever asked yourself why an Igbo man will rather build his business in the West or North? I'll tell you for two reasons:

1. Enabling Environment: It is easier getting a shop and buying things at affordable prices in the West or the North. Everything in the East is horribly the expensive, and it's for no reason other than the need to make sharp profits. Land, shops, commodities ... A pair of solid sandals (and I mean solid) you can buy for 2k in the North, one wide mouthed Igbotic guy who owns a shop in Aba or Onitsha will tell you 7k, and you'll find out it's not as strong as it looks.

2. Envy: When it comes to business, Igbo people are the most envious set of individuals you'll ever find. Start a business in the North or West and make good profits, nobody will be looking at bringing you down or trying to spoil your market spiritually. Try it in the East and you're a goner.

Any sane businessman will pick where land is cheap, things are easily affordable and where there's value for money.

The East will continue to lag in terms of investments from fellow Easterners until the environment is provided and 419/outrageous prices of land, shops and goods are brought down to their realistic value.

Impostor! You are a yooruba afonja. You claimed to be Igbo and you think in terms of business that Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi is lagging behind. May Zamfara. Ewu Awusa
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Antivirus92(m): 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Smartini:
I am Igbo, but to say the truth, we're filled with greed all in the name to become sharp businessmen and 'smart' guys.

Have you ever asked yourself why an Igbo man will rather build his business in the West or North? I'll tell you for two reasons:

1. Enabling Environment: It is easier getting a shop and buying things at affordable prices in the West or the North. Everything in the East is horribly the expensive, and it's for no reason other than the need to make sharp profits. Land, shops, commodities ... A pair of solid sandals (and I mean solid) you can buy for 2k in the North, one wide mouthed Igbotic guy who owns a shop in Aba or Onitsha will tell you 7k, and you'll find out it's not as strong as it looks.

2. Envy: When it comes to business, Igbo people are the most envious set of individuals you'll ever find. Start a business in the North or West and make good profits, nobody will be looking at bringing you down or trying to spoil your market spiritually. Try it in the East and you're a goner.

Any sane businessman will pick where land is cheap, things are easily affordable and where there's value for money.

The East will continue to lag in terms of investments from fellow Easterners until the environment is provided and 419/outrageous prices of land, shops and goods are brought down to their realistic value.
what a heap load of rubbish!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Antivirus92(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
pacespot:

Do you think Lagos developed because it is the only state that gives Nigeria access to Atlantic? Lagos developed because of Yoruba's business acumen and tolerance to attract foreigners and people from all over the country to the state. There are other states with access to the sea, like Akwa Ibom, Warri, Rivers, Calabar, why are they not as developed as Lagos? Let me tell this, if Lagos is a south east state, it won't have been developed as it is today, and you know why, because igbos would have used their clannish attitude to chase people away. Imagine you go to Lagos and you can't buy land to conduct your business except you are an igbo, and there are other restrictive policies that undermine your business against Igbo competitors, then you will be left with no option than to move your business to a friendlier environment. Creating an enabling environment for businesses to thrive is what Yoruba's are doing better than others in this country.
develop osun,ekiti,ondo,oyo,ogun like u developed lagos with your "acumen"

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by velocity25(m): 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
hardbody:

Proudly NWA DOT.
bro we owe no one apology.
Proudly Umu-Dot
Proudly Umu-Igbo
Proudly Umu-Chineke
Proudly Umu-Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Almaigaa: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jonathan39:
When a Boko haram wannabe talks I laugh, poverty and underdevelopment is the second name of your region grin grin

No be lie. You just described the EAST grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
YEAH THAT'S GOOD ADVICE .
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
YEAH THAT'S GOOD ADVICE .WE CAN'T BE STRIVING TO HAVE BIAFRA AND KEEP INVESTING IN OTHER STATES.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Gbagura: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
stanluiz:
How safe is south West ? What about the ritual killings going that is happening daily in your region.

So you forget that Lagos and Ibadan has the highest armed robbery and kidnappings cases that usually happens on Lagos ibadan express way.

South East is the peaceful region in the country , Though insecurity of UGM has been the problem for the last two months but they are been neutralize by the security forces.

South east is more peaceful than your region.
Listen to yourself. If southeast is peaceful, then why are your people running to southwest daily as if there's a war going on in the east? grin
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Igeri: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Wickedtruths:

You are a brainless nonentity. What you call businesses in Aba are petty trading and cottage manufacturing. You are senseless and not exposed, so you don't know the kind of big businesses they are referring to.

If Coscharis moves to Igboland today, he will run down within 6 months. That is the fact. Those are the people they are referring to and not your fellow shoemakers in Ariaria market.

Tomorrow, this one will be boasting he went to school. He is so unschooled that he doesn't know that it is SME and MME that derive the economy. would how many mega business ate are in Ekiti, Ondo, Osun and Oyo
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Gbagura: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jonathan39:
Retard, if is have more business in the East than any region of the world. Go to Nnewi and Onitsha or ABA, there is no region on Nigeria that have billionaire's who own business in there region like the Igbos. If you see 2 Igbos doing business in the North or West, there are 10 Igbos doing same business in the East. But the problem is that your people doesn't travel
Who travels to a region filled with hate for others? Is it by force to go your region? We dey try avoid you by avoiding your region totally but the sign language has been meaningless to y'all.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by NgwalandGunzmen(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2021
Gbagura:
Who travels to a region filled with hate for others? Is it by force to go your region? We dey try avoid you by avoiding your region totally but the sign language has been meaningless to y'all.

No one needs half brains like you in the southeast/South South.

You can face North where blood is thicker than water to you.
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by Gbagura: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
NgwalandGunzmen:

No one needs half brains like you in the southeast/South South.

You can face North where blood is thicker than water to you.
Southeast? Hold your region abeg. Y'all will be fine. Nobody would have even know southeast exist if ṣeun, a Yoruba man, hadn't gave y'all a platform to get exposed. Nobody cares about southeast. We are OK with our region.

E pain am
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by maxwell21000(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
How can you be saying this trash? Have you been to idumota or alaba market before? Do you know how many Anambra, imo, abia, ebonyi, Enugu business men doing sales together. Somebody like hasn't even crossed river Nigeria and you use the word "average Igbo man". Keep on making false witness. The Lord Jesus says every idle that men speak they shall give account of it on the day of Judgement. You are doing yourself any good by selling lies and potentially buying eternal damnation.
YorubarLord:
grin They'll rather brag about developing other people's land
Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by NgwalandGunzmen(m): 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
TimeTraveller:
If you notice how clannish Igbos are, you will thank God Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH are not Southeastern states. Igbos can buy land in a remote part of Igbeti, but won't sell to anyone not belonging to their clan. No region has benefitted from Nigeria like the Igbos, yet they are the most bitter and hateful.

If to say Lagos dey East, Igbos for dey treat other Nigerians like dogs. You may think my post is unrelated, but you will understand it better by and by.

Always remember to remove this state from your delusions of grandeur OK.

Nothing will make the Igbo race sideline one of its states because of cheap paid urchins sounding clever by half.

Again to answer you, without Igbos you won't eat or survive hance the too much envy written over you, but we are not interested in average low-budget nigga from Nigeria with half brain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Businessmen Urged To Invest At Home To Boost South-east Economy by NgwalandGunzmen(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
Almaigaa:

No be lie. You just described the EAST grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Brainless fools like you Biggesthead won't survive more than 7 days if Igbos close their gate everyone here is aware that Biggesthead is an idiot low class that want to measure with his colonial masters, The IGBOS, but In the southwest, this treatment that happens in Osun is what is good for jealous pimps with the half brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Governor Sanwoolu Gives First Speech After Election Victory / Tunji-ojo Orders Clearance Of 200,000 Passport Backlogs Within Two Weeks / Boko Haram Raids Borno Village Of Foodstuffs Then Sets It Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.