Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary (9237 Views)

List Of PDP 212 Automatic Delegates For Anambra Governorship Primaries / OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker / PDP Adopts Plan B, Plans To Hijack Incoming NASS Leadership, Nabena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by fergie001: 9:47am On Jun 25, 2021
Indispensable85:

Honestly I sympathize with them. It's a really tight corner but I'm not sure this will come without more troubles.
This automatic delegates is somehow. Will INEC even accept? I don't know. What I'm used to from the PDP primary is elected and statutory delegates. Maybe consensus would've been better.
The Court voided the elected delegates they had.

So, they had to go with automatic delegates (same as statutory delegates).

The Court cannot void that because it is the internal workings of a Party and is non-justiceable.

The problem they will have will be when they bring in someone that isn't an automatic delegate. So they will have to vet and vet again.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by Munzy14(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2021
TotoGame:
What's automatic delegates?
It means any PDP card carrying member in the state is eligible to vote while being coordinated by zonal excos...

APc is trying to game APGa and PDp using the Judiciary and incumbency at the federal level...APGA should device a legal way to escape this like PDP...otherwise a Zamfara treatment may see an APC or another party bring in an Incompetent fellow who lacks leadership quality,And will bring down the legacies of Anambra past Governors.
Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by Indispensable85(m): 11:21am On Jun 25, 2021
fergie001:

The Court cannot void that because it is the internal workings of a Party and is non-justiceable.

The problem they will have will be when they bring in someone that isn't an automatic delegate. So they will have to vet and vet again.

Chaiii...... automatic delegates are usually few.
It may not be representative enough but it's the only way out. I wish them well but I'm rooting for Soludo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by fergie001: 11:23am On Jun 25, 2021
Indispensable85:
Chaiii...... automatic delegates are usually few.

It may not be representative enough but it's the only way out. I wish them well but I'm rooting for Soludo.
That's it....@ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by TotoGame(m): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2021
Munzy14:

It means any PDP card carrying member in the state is eligible to vote while being coordinated by zonal excos...

APc is trying to game APGa and PDp using the Judiciary and incumbency at the federal level...APGA should device a legal way to escape this like PDP...otherwise a Zamfara treatment may see an APC or another party bring in an Incompetent fellow who lacks leadership quality,And will bring down the legacies of Anambra past Governors.

Tanks alot

That's same thing as direct primary election.....and I think this will give more rooms for rigging

PDP might explode after this primaries
Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
ebenezary:
Apart from Dr maduka, who are the others, this primary is like between two candidates

Dr maduka and others

I think there are about 16 candidate vying for the position in PDP, but the contest is between Dr. Maduka, Dr. Val Ozigbo, Uche Ekwenife, Dr. Obiora Okonkwo and to some extent Tony Nwoye.
Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by galaxy2020(m): 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
APC working very hard to eliminate PDP just like they did to APGA to clear the coast for the party.
Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by Alkason: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
fergie001:

Correct
Re: Anambra Guber: PDP Adopts Automatic Delegates, To Go Ahead With June 26 Primary by Halo22: 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Whether statutory or automatic delegates, all I will advise is that they should go through the party's Constitution properly to avoid being disqualified just like the case of Zamfara in the previous election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Catholic Churches Attacked In Enugu. / Tukur Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman / FG Declares Friday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.