Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl (1744 Views)

How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan / Muslim Man And His Catholic Wife Bless Their Marriage In Church After 37 Years / Lokoja Pastor Attempts To Heal A Mad Man And Was Beaten (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
paltielx:
Exodus 20:14 clearly warns of adultery, on the course of adultery this man dies, God will not do forgive him, had it being he heeded that instruction he wouldn't die. We were talking about adultery not his other sins which i and you doesn't know
I see you are one of thiee who skipped the memo distributing by Jesus Christ to all those who believe in Him. undecided

Instead of “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”, Jesus Christ declared that by lusting in your heart after a woman, you are guilty of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 30 undecided
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
1. The Law made provisions for slave wives
Exodus 21 vs 7 - 11 (ERV)

7. “A man might decide to sell his daughter as a slave. If this happens, the rules for making her free are not the same as the rules for making the men slaves free.
8. If the master who chose her for himself is not pleased with her, then he can sell the woman back to her father. If the master broke his promise to marry her, he loses the right to sell her to other people.

9. If the master promised to let the slave woman marry his son, he must treat her like a daughter, not like a slave.

10. “If the master marries another woman, he must not give less food or clothing to the first wife. And he must continue to give her what she has a right to have in marriage.
11. The man must do these three things for her. If he does not, the woman is made free, and it will cost her nothing. She owes no money to the man.

2. The Law permitted the having of slave wives. ***Image123, the law below is an example of God permitting a thing. ***
Deuteronomy 21 vs 10 -14(ERV)

10.You might fight against your enemies, and the Lord your God might let you defeat them and take them as captives.
11. You might see a beautiful woman among the captives who you want to be your wife.
12. You must then bring her into your house where she will shave her head and cut her nails.
13. She must change her clothes and take off the clothes she was wearing when she was captured in war. She will stay in your house and be sad about losing her father and her mother for a full month. After that you may go to her to be her husband, and she will be your wife.
14. If you are not pleased with her and choose to divorce her, set her free. You cannot sell her. You had sexual relations with her, so you must not treat her like a slave.
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
LordReed:
Yes because you can't show anywhere we disagree on this matter.
Scroll up and read along above, to see the discord with you saying judedwriter's analysis based on the same bible he referenced is bunkum.
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by LordReed(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
BassReeves:
Scroll up and read along above, to see the discord with you saying judedwriter's analysis based on the same bible he referenced is bunkum.

Why is it so difficult to be straight forward? I can't read your mind you know.
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by LordReed(m): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Genesis 16 vs 3
And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.

6 So Abram said to Sarai, “Indeed your maid is in your hand; do to her as you please.” And when Sarai dealt harshly with her, she fled from her presence.

Why was he calling Hagar Sarai's maid and not his wife?
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by paltielx: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I see you are one of thiee who skipped the memo distributing by Jesus Christ to all those who believe in Him. undecided

Instead of “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”, Jesus Christ declared that by lusting in your heart after a woman, you are guilty of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 30 undecided
we were talking about the man and the result of his adulterous acts not lusting, he has passed lusting he committed the sin
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
paltielx:
we were talking about the man and the result of his adulterous acts not lusting, he has passed lusting he committed the sin
And I am telling that, according to Jesus Christ, you who have only just lusted are guilty of the exact same sin this man was guilty of. undecided
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by paltielx: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And I am telling that, according to Jesus Christ, you who have only just lusted are guilty of the exact same sin this man was guilty of. undecided
Who told you am lusting. Lusting is different from admiring a beautiful lady

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
LordReed:

6 So Abram said to Sarai, “Indeed your maid is in your hand; do to her as you please.” And when Sarai dealt harshly with her, she fled from her presence.

Why was he calling Hagar Sarai's maid and not his wife?
Hagar belonged to Sarah before she gave her to him as wife. undecided

Anyways, the Old covenant seems to indicate that marriage does not fully resolve a slave's status. She simply becomes a slave wife. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
paltielx:
Sure grin

Well, maybe you are not, but know that lusting is adultery, same as what this man did here, all against God. So, when this man stands to be judged, be sure you will find so many men who never even came close to second base with the women they lusted after, standing in the same queue he will be standing in. undecided
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by paltielx: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sure grin

Well, maybe you are not, but know that lusting is adultery, same as what this man did here, all against God. So, when this man stands to be judged, be sure you will find so many men who never even came close to second base with the women they lusted after, standing in the same queue he will be standing in. undecided
He has undergone his Judgement already
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
paltielx:
Where? Assuming the man was even a believer, he has to wait like everyone else , until after Jesus Christ returns - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46.

If he didn't believe in Jesus Christ, even better as their will be no other judgement for him than the one God already cursed all unbelievers with since the time of Adam - Death eternal. undecided
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
paltielx:
I liked

Kobojunkie:
Sure grin

paltielx:

Kobojunkie:
Where? Assuming the man was even a believer, he has to wait like everyone else , until after Jesus Christ returns - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46.

If he didn't believe in Jesus Christ, even better as their will be no other judgement for him than the one God already cursed all unbelievers with since the time of Adam - Death eternal. undecided
Even demons believe in Jesus, yet they'll face judgment
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
LordReed:
Why is it so difficult to be straight forward?
Life is never straightforward

LordReed:
I can't read your mind you know.
Mark 2:8
'Jesus could read their minds ... '

You definitely dont have the ability and so cant read my mind
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by LordReed(m): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2021
BassReeves:
Life is never straightforward

Mark 2:8
'Jesus could read their minds ... '

You definitely dont have the ability and so cant read my mind

[img]https://media1./images/843166c9d3dc66da2ad9ecf63a4e80cb/tenor.gif?itemid=12221156[/img]
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by luvmijeje(f): 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
I came across the news earlier today though it happened two or three days ago. Personally, that's life. Evil is coming for us all. Whether you are righteous or a sinner evil is coming for us all.

Death came for TB Joshua. Death came for Adeboye's son, so will h
It come for everyone of us. Life continues. While life continues, hopefully there will be justice for the family he left behind.

There was no reason for that young lady to take his life. The reason she gave was bullshit.
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by LordReed(m): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by LordReed(m): 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Anyways, the Old covenant seems to indicate that marriage does not fully resolve a slave's status. She simply becomes a slave wife. undecided

So basically a concubine.
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
LordReed:

Pretty much but a married one. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 11:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:

LordReed:
2 Samuel 5:13
'After moving from Hebron to Jerusalem, David married more concubines and wives, and they had more sons and daughters'

1 Kings 11:1-12
1Now king Solomon [defiantly] loved many foreign women along with the daughter of Pharaoh: Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian, and Hittite women,
2from the very nations of whom the LORD said to the Israelites,
“You shall not associate with them, nor shall they associate with you, for the result will be that they will turn away your hearts to follow their gods.”
Yet Solomon clung to these in love.
3He had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines, and his wives turned his heart away [from God].
4For when Solomon was old, his wives turned his heart away after other gods; and his heart was not completely devoted to the LORD his God, as was the heart of his father David.
5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth, the [fertility] goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the horror (detestable idol) of the Ammonites.
6Solomon did evil [things] in the sight of the LORD, and did not follow the LORD fully, as his father David had done.
7Then Solomon built a high place for [worshiping] Chemosh the horror (detestable idol) of Moab, on the hill which is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the horror (detestable idol) of the sons of Ammon.
8And he did the same for all of his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.
9So the LORD became angry with Solomon because his heart was turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice,
10and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not follow other gods; but he did not observe (remember, obey) what the LORD had commanded.
11Therefore the LORD said to Solomon,
“Because you have done this and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant.
12However, I will not do it in your lifetime, for the sake of your father David, but I will tear it out of the hand of your son (Rehoboam).

King David had 8 wives and 10 concubines. Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. His son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.

Having concubines isnt really a problem, inasmuch as the concubines dont turn the heart of the man from God. It is becomes a problem when this happens.

Compare and contrast Solomon with how his father and son weren't badly influenced by their concubines, like he was
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Image123(m): 12:35am On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The Law made provisions for slave wives

2. The Law permitted the having of slave wives. ***Image123, the law below is an example of God permitting a thing. ***

As customary, you end up in your own twist. The verse you are quoting to defend slavery clearly said "you must not treat her like a slave."

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Jun 28, 2021
Image123:

As customary, you end up in your own twist. The verse you are quoting to defend slavery clearly said "you must not treat her like a slave."
I defend slavery? undecided
Posting exactly what the Old Covenant Law states implies I am in defense of slavery? undecided

If you are going to quote the verse, quote its entire content so we can more clearly learn its content message ...

14. If you are not pleased with her and choose to divorce her, set her free. You cannot sell her. You had sexual relations with her, so you must not treat her like a slave.
clearly there is more to that than you suggested. undecided
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Image123(m): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I defend slavery? undecided
Posting exactly what the Old Covenant Law states implies I am in defense of slavery? undecided

If you are going to quote the verse, quote its entire content so we can more clearly learn its content message ...
clearly there is more to that than you suggested. undecided

You claim she's a sex slave, the verse says don't make her a sex slave. She cannot be your slave and your wife at the same time. i will be very foolish to believe you against the very clear verse. Do i have to open your skull physically to see it or it's that spirit of truculence yet?
You had sexual relations with her, so you must not treat her like a slave.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Kobojunkie: 7:05am On Jun 28, 2021
Image123:

You claim she's a sex slave, the verse says don't make her a sex slave. She cannot be your slave and your wife at the same time. i will be very foolish to believe you against the very clear verse. Do i have to open your skull physically to see it or it's that spirit of truculence yet?
You had sexual relations with her, so you must not treat her like a slave.
I claim she is a sex slave? undecided
What in the world are you talking about? And what verse says anything about not making her a sex slave? undecided

I think this conversation should happen between you and God instead, the one who gave those laws to His people, not me. undecided
Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by Image123(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I claim she is a sex slave? undecided
What in the world are you talking about? And what verse says anything about not making her a sex slave? undecided

I think this conversation should happen between you and God instead, the one who gave those laws to His people, not me. undecided

No conversation should happen with you at all. Slave wives, sex slaves, playing the devil's advocate doesn't look very cute you know. You can't be a slave and a wife at the same time, how can't you see that despite being the one quoting it.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Successful Man And Then Be Killed By A 21 Year Old Girl by BassReeves: 8:15am On Jul 04, 2021

My original post has had the misleading video removed
[FACT CHECK]
Meet Beverly Tlhako, the South African celebrity that's severally being mistaken as Chidinma
https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/fact-check-meet-beverly-tlhako-the-south-african-celebrity-that-is-presently-mistaken-as-chidinma/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reliving Jesus' Last Days On Earth / 'satan-worshippers' Held Over 'blood' Party / Heaven Can Wait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.