Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Fly Entered My Ear Last Night - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fly Entered My Ear Last Night (26819 Views)

Tsetse Fly And Genetic Cause Of Kidney Disease In Nigeria / My Ear Is Making Noise / Banger 'Knockout' Shatters A Young Man's Hand Last Night (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by onojaford(m): 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
No one is mentioning hydrogen peroxide...
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
adanny01:

I did.

In my case, the insect was walking on my ear drums, i couldn't even walk straight. The feeling was irritating. I searched google and found either water or olive. Olive oil will kill it to stop the irritation. Insects don't drown on water. They float, so floading the ear and tilting the ear way up will help the insect float up to surface and out. If it doesn't work, tilting back the head will expel the water and the insect will be dragged out by the water.
look!! Google didn't go to medical school, nor can it remove a foreign body. So let him just find himself in a hospital so that they can remove the foreign body.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Opemiposii(f): 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Actually I helped him by mentioning moderate to move his matter to frontpage
grin eshey

1 Like

Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
Fly no get respect grin d other day fly shit inside my eye
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Exodora: 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
Use hydroquinone that they use for cleaning wound and ear , just apply some drop and then wipe it off with cotton bud. You will be fine
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by lexo4real(m): 11:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
Use honey.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Richadv(m): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
That's how I put a branch in my ear when I was still a child say 3 to 4yrs all efforts to remove it proved abortive so my mom left it there 2017 I was walking suddenly I felt something falling from inside my ear I placed my hand close to catch and when my mother later to inform and that that was when I heard the story for the first time lol after lik 19yrs

Also one idiot small cockroach enter my ear last yr I used water to remove it
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Heineken(m): 11:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
degenuine1:
And you made fp... With this kind topic? Congratulations.
Hahahaha boss na educational topic o. At least I don learn lol
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Emulti(m): 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2021
Warm a little oil( olive oil preferably) put it in a table spoon and allow a drop inside the affected ear. It will bring it out with ease.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
Emulti:
Warm a little oil( olive oil preferably) put it in a table spoon and allow a drop inside the affected ear. It will bring it out with ease.

Do EXACTLY this. The oil will make the wi gs stick and drown the i sect so it doesnt go wiggling about inside your ear. Then go see your Dr to help extract it.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Olibboy: 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
investorMK:
While I was outside last night... Standing close to an electric bulb fly mistakenly entered my ear and couldn't com out I tried removing it but I was unable to remove it rather I pushed it inside.........

Pls what do I do to remove it?
stand inside sun
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by femo86(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Op...I wish you well oo

Abeg make I see the picture of the wicked fly after u remove it...e no go better for am
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by adanny01(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
look!! Google didn't go to medical school, nor can it remove a foreign body. So let him just find himself in a hospital so that they can remove the foreign body.

I am not against going to a hospital.

Water did remove the insect in my ear.

You should remember that ENT doctors are not every where.

My wife got injured in the ear by a medical staff in a government hospital when she had a cotton bud stuck in her ear. The nearest ENT doctor was 300kms away. You can imagine the costs to further treat the injury that resulted to puss in a proper hospital.

A friend of mine broke his leg in an odd place that a medical Dr didn't see the fracture even with several xrays. That Dr even insulted him and referred him out of the hospital for refusing to walk. He broke had a femoral neck fracture.

I have nothing against going to the hospital but you need to understand certain situations that could pose a challenge for people to go to hospitals.

The friend couldn't afford the bills he was given by an orthopedic surgeon, he had to resort to painful unorthodox traditional methods that left him limping.

When I had an insect in my ear at 4am, with 2hrs to the nearest good hospital, a hospital didn't wasnt even an option. After all, I have experienced having water in my ear like a million times, so pouring water in is a relief that I could never doubt.

1 Like

Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by JhyMedex: 12:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Akpuobi1:
It will die there. The sticky waxy oil produced by the ear won't allow it pass, so you are safe.

Use cotton bud to wax your ear and bring the dead fly out

Next time don't go close to a bulb
grin grin grin grin
Don't follow this advice please..
Use the olive as explained above..
Avoid anything that might further push the bug.
Still find time to see a Doctor.
cc: InvestorMK
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Twice27(m): 12:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Use a perfume.
It works too.. But Boss u dey Bath
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Duru009(m): 12:08am On Jun 26, 2021
Take some Pinch of salt.

It will vanish
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Eddieofficial2: 12:15am On Jun 26, 2021
U can pour 2 tablespoon of sniper inside the affected ear, i hear snipper kill insects especially flys
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by xtocom: 12:16am On Jun 26, 2021
bobchigar:
If it has not died in your ear, go to a very dark place, let someone help you on and point a touch light to your ear, it will walk out by going towards the light.

Do you think the funky fly entered the ear with reverse? It happened to me once and my Dad told me to hold my teeth together tightly (side of the affected ear) which I did, within 3seconds the idiot fly came out.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Adeoluwajo7: 12:17am On Jun 26, 2021
Hydrogen peroxide if persist, see a doctor.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by ronyman(m): 12:31am On Jun 26, 2021
You fit still see na why u dey nairaland. If not you 4 de hospital
investorMK:
While I was outside last night... Standing close to an electric bulb fly mistakenly entered my ear and couldn't com out I tried removing it but I was unable to remove it rather I pushed it inside.........

Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Pharaohny: 12:35am On Jun 26, 2021
emmabest2000:
Two drops of fuel inside your both ears is your best solution

It's not funny stop giving this type of advice naaa
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Dickson25(m): 1:05am On Jun 26, 2021
Put Hot drink ( ogogoro) inside Ur ear the fly go die inside then fall out
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by mrkings84(m): 4:43am On Jun 26, 2021
Uncle if the fly is still there I will advise you to go see a doctor biko, cos if you want to depend on solutions proferred here it's going to be detrimental as some will suggest u apply olive oil, others may say u use fuel or salt or peppers. Don't be surprised another may say u light a little fire into the ear......

Bro go see a doctor, even if na a native doctor....
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Chibyke009(m): 4:44am On Jun 26, 2021
whatsapp me immidiately for quick fix, I won't take a dime from u. 09062141164. I will tell u what to do. and u won't have to go and pay 30 k in hospital and u will be cured with less than three hundred naira
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Juliearth(f): 5:22am On Jun 26, 2021
investorMK:

Put a few drops of olive oil in your ear and stand still. In no time, it would flow to the surface and you can pull it out. Sorry bro!
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Bullionguy(m): 5:40am On Jun 26, 2021
Put small palm oil on fire, wen its get warm small, look for somebody that wil help you and drop it small small in the affected ear.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by anigbajumo(m): 5:41am On Jun 26, 2021
Viicfuntop:
grin wink

When I was 7, I put a bean in my left ear. I was playing with it. Take it out, Put it back. I couldn’t remove the last one. All I can remember from that night was the colour of the theater and my mother standing outside the door before the “operation”

Lol, same scenario with me but it was a foam. I can recall my mum stand behind me in the theater coz she told them she will be inside with the surgeon.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:03am On Jun 26, 2021
adanny01:

I am not against going to a hospital.

Water did remove the insect in my ear.

You should remember that ENT doctors are not every where.

My wife got injured in the ear by a medical staff in a government hospital when she had a cotton bud stuck in her ear. The nearest ENT doctor was 300kms away. You can imagine the costs to further treat the injury that resulted to puss in a proper hospital.

A friend of mine broke his leg in an odd place that a medical Dr didn't see the fracture even with several xrays. That Dr even insulted him and referred him out of the hospital for refusing to walk. He broke had a femoral neck fracture.

I have nothing against going to the hospital but you need to understand certain situations that could pose a challenge for people to go to hospitals.

The friend couldn't afford the bills he was given by an orthopedic surgeon, he had to resort to painful unorthodox traditional methods that left him limping.

When I had an insect in my ear at 4am, with 2hrs to the nearest good hospital, a hospital didn't wasnt even an option. After all, I have experienced having water in my ear like a million times, so pouring water in is a relief that I could never doubt.
because you have bad experiences (which i empathize with) doesn't mean you should then give someone unqualified advice that will worsen his condition. That it worked for you doesn't make it the correct thing to do. Advice like yours has brought more people to the hospital hoping for a miracle when they're almost at death's door.it happens all the time
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Abiababe(f): 6:05am On Jun 26, 2021
@investorMK what worked for you, so many suggestions.
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by zoedew: 6:10am On Jun 26, 2021
mansakhalifa:
The time it happened to me, I used TCP and the bast*rd died there(within 1 min). I used two caps.

I was just seven then.
It must be TCP! YOU ANCESTOR!!
Re: Fly Entered My Ear Last Night by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 26, 2021
zoedew:

It must be TCP! YOU ANCESTOR!!

grin

I am a very young man. Honestly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Noma - A Face Eating Disease Spreads In Nigeria / W.H.O Bans Some Malaria Drugs In Nigeria / Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.