Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts (35753 Views)

Sudan's Warring Factions Agree To A 72-hour Nationwide Ceasefire - Blinken / Twitter Bans Igbo Uju Anya For Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death / Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 26, 2021
rottennaija:

None of all you said counters what I said. No body in every country trust their govt. No country.
Buhari's government is a murderous one, their spat with twitter should not be defended. Unless of course you are willing to side with a government that deliberately allows Nigerians to be killed. I am sure if your relative were to be a victim of banditry, you wont be here debating twitter ban in support of this evil government.

Facebook deserves to be monitored because of the way they have free illegal access to data of people using Facebook, that can't be compared to twitter enforcing its own policies.

The indian guy was reported for dmca, its not twitter that came up with the report, someone reported the guy and he came online crying cos twitter enforced its policy. Twitter sends an email to users involved in dmca related issues prior to suspending that person's account. So him coming to say he wasn't notified was him being mischievous and a lying prick. This is an example of dmca notice i got from twitter prior to them suspending an account i use. They follow through with enforcing their policies via email. I am sure the clown was expecting a tweet sent to him by twitter notifying him of the dmca report. Its left to twitter to decide to send a warning mail first or a suspension mail first, you cant question them for enforcing their policy upon getting a complaint.

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 26, 2021
modsfucker:

Buhari applied the same rule but everyone is crying foul. They broke Nigeria's rules by allowing subversive elements fan the flames of conflict in Nigeria, by using their platform to direct attacks on security agents and soldiers, which vividly, is more than the so called US capitol insurrection that led to the suspension of Trump's account.
Classic beer palor talk, blaming twitter for insecurity, what and who will you blame for the killings in oyo state just a day after oyo state governor stood in solidarity against twitter ban? I am sure you've never uttered a word to complain about these killings, but to you, its twitter that was used to cause unrest in the east.
People were killed in Benue state but you small thinkers are made to forget about these attrocities and heap blames on people in the south east who are now by the way getting framed, arrested and killed without any form of investigation as being esn members.
They want you to believe esn are responsible for the attack on security officers but ask yourself how is it possible for a police headquarters to be burnt down without any reinforcement to catch the perpetrators in the act? No one was caught in the act of destroying security facilities but your kind was quick to put the blame on esn, now guess what, every young male in the east is officially an esn member to the dumb police men who now go about picking up any male they see and frame them up.
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2021
rottennaija:

I have account on twitter and I am still operating it. However, I'm also aware of western influences and propaganda. I'm also aware of all the west have been doing to disintegrate Nigeria while smiling us in the face.

The above influences how I look at everything. I don't offer blind support or disapproval.
Must be the west that is giving bokoharam terrorists amnesty and allowing sheikh gumi mingle with bandits. Must be the west that allowed the kidnappers of greenfield university students to walk away freely without every having the need to face justice. You believe your own lies dont you?
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by rottennaija(m): 4:59am On Jun 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I see...then it seems to me you're still ignorant of twitter rules.

Buhari should have behaved like a reasonable leader like Donald trump and others did by inviting twitter and seeking clarification on why his tweet got removed, ( i watched the scene live on foxnews the day Jack and mark were invited. Mark wore a black suit...I still remember very well). In spite of all they did, they didn't get banned like buhari ignorantly did, not considering the thousands of youths who earn a living legit on twitter, those who had provided employment for themselves after the govt had failed them.

No sane being would see that tweet and feel cool with it. No sensible leader Talks that way.

I guess my only question would be, the tweet by Nnamdi Kanu, have sane people been seeing it and cool with it?
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Joetttimua1811(m): 6:13am On Jun 26, 2021
Banning season, let the cruise continue
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by modsfucker: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Proadroit:

Classic beer palor talk, blaming twitter for insecurity, what and who will you blame for the killings in oyo state just a day after oyo state governor stood in solidarity against twitter ban? I am sure you've never uttered a word to complain about these killings, but to you, its twitter that was used to cause unrest in the east.
People were killed in Benue state but you small thinkers are made to forget about these attrocities and heap blames on people in the south east who are now by the way getting framed, arrested and killed without any form of investigation as being esn members.
They want you to believe esn are responsible for the attack on security officers but ask yourself how is it possible for a police headquarters to be burnt down without any reinforcement to catch the perpetrators in the act? No one was caught in the act of destroying security facilities but your kind was quick to put the blame on esn, now guess what, every young male in the east is officially an esn member to the dumb police men who now go about picking up any male they see and frame them up.

This long epistle is very unnecessary, but let me save you the stress. Have you ever seen twitter raising fund for a cause in any country, either good or bad? Let me see it if there's one.

But in the midst of endsars uprising, when things were clearly getting out of hand, with hoodlums invading prisons and setting suspects free, jack of twitter initiated fundraising for the sustenance of that carnage.

What is twitter's business with the internal affairs of Nigeria if I may ask? Can we continue to assume that they're just a neutral social media platform?
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Iceyjayz: 8:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Kubernetes:

I foresee that twitter may not last the next 5 especially in countries that value their uphold sovereignty
You think so but I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by meobizy(f): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2021
Their platform, their rules. E no concern me.
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Basher8583: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

And finally, Im also an IPOB Terrorist

Very true.
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by BuyAndSellStuff: 8:42am On Jun 26, 2021
[s]
Basher8583:

Very true.
[/s]

Where did you learn to type?
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by authority2006(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
And what about Donald trump's tweet which was also remove d...was trump a minister or secretary in the USA when this action was taken by twitter as in the case of India as you wan defend buhari? Why didn't he ban twitter? Who's more powerful...buhari or trump? I do have problem with people defending ineptitude in this country, despite knowing the truth and that's why we will remain this way.

Firstly, twitter was banned not solely because Buhari's tweet was removed or his account suspended. That only marked the breaking point. Imagine twitter CEO personally pitting mouth in our internal affairs!

Secondly, Trump used twitter to instigate his followers into violence which eventually led to the death of some people. That's similar to what Kanu issues doing on twitter while Jack Donkey looked the other way.
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by irukandji89(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2021
Why was he on Twitter in the first place?
Didn't they create koo to replace twitter?

Why is he not promoting koo by not being on Twitter in the first place?
Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
modsfucker:

This long epistle is very unnecessary, but let me save you the stress. Have you ever seen twitter raising fund for a cause in any country, either good or bad? Let me see it if there's one.

But in the midst of endsars uprising, when things were clearly getting out of hand, with hoodlums invading prisons and setting suspects free, jack of twitter initiated fundraising for the sustenance of that carnage.

What is twitter's business with the internal affairs of Nigeria if I may ask? Can we continue to assume that they're just a neutral social media platform?
Stop sounding like someone who cant think. First go read and understand the purpose of the protest before making any comment about it, secondly the whole destruction was set in motion by the government to put an end to the protest. A whole prison was broken into and no soul sent in reinforcement to stop escaping prisoners. This is a jail break that lasted hours. The ones happening in lagos that period was between thugs and the police. A thug's brother or so was shot by the police and this led to the burning down of A police station which spread into the destruction of brt buses at a bus part. These people are not the protesters. Locations with massive turn out of protesters was at alausa and lekki toll gate. Did you see how the government brought in their own thugs in brt bus to disrupt protesters in alausa? That ploy failed so they moved to lekki.
So i am wondering why you will believe lies from a government who paid thugs to attack protesters.

Is it not common sense to the government to send security operatives to the violent locations if they really had good intentions? No the left all the places where police were shooting at people and moved to the most peaceful protest location which is lekki toll gate and started off with removing CCTV right before they began killing people.

These are the people that want you to believe twitter is evil, same people who master minded the killing of protesters in lekki. Some protesters are still in detention till today, not because they were armed, or found destroying anything but simply because they were protesting, a democratic right.

You are also being misinformed about twitter raising funds, twitter didnt, the people who raised funds are feminist coalition who raised funds for the purpose of supporting the protest. People were getting fed free food at protest ground, ask yourself why the government was so scared of this people? Part of the money raised was used in sending lawyers to bail people out.

Its crazy you lot are getting worked up over twitter but never getting worked up about the fact that you can be sleeping in your community and fulani terorrists can come kill you over the Night as was done in Oyo, benue, ebonyi and Enugu. No sane mind will be dragging twitter enforcing its policy. If you had a sane sound mind, you should be worried about why people are getting killed and no one does a thing to stop it.
You should be worried about this headline below unless you accept you are a lunatic

Re: Twitter Bans India's Information Minister, Prasad, For One Hour. He Reacts by jaxxy(m): 1:58am On Jun 28, 2021
If u say Twitter has an agenda without stating what the agenda is it equally means u also have an agenda and everybody has their agenda. The question now is what is the agenda and is it good enough.

If u want Twitter to obey ur rules then u must obey Twitters rules also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Members Fight At Burial Ground In Ghana (Video, Photos) / Hostage’s Body Recovered From Gaza: Idf(photos) / King Charles III Makes First Address To Britain & Commonwealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.