Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? (2197 Views)

Men Disrespecting Themselves Cos Of Pussy / My Grandma, Fiancée, And I In A Pre Wedding Picture / Lady Dumped Her Boyfriend Cos He's Ugly, Unknown To Her, He Bought Her Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by pregnantMan: 6:30am On Jun 26, 2021
Good morning Everyone.

Please pardon my English.
Please there is something bothering me right now.. I was at my POS shop yesterday afternoon when two guys, they actually do come to withdraw little sums of amount from time to time, requested for my number that they will be needing some money in the morning (today). So I should give them my number so they can call me. So I gave them my number.Now fast forward to this early morning 5:10am, a call entered my phone, I picked and it was those guys, asking me where am I that they want to withdraw. I was like it's too early na, they said even tho, I should just come and help them withdraw the money. Then I asked them how much, he said 200k. I was like I don't have that amount. (cos my business is still new and I don't do big transactions for now). He kept telling me I should just come and withdraw it, that they don't need it now, they can come anytime later to collect it. I just said ok and ended the call.. After 5mins they called again saying they are still waiting for me. I sensed something was not right. I sat down on my bed and started thinking. What if they just went for operation and stole the card? what if they wanted harming me? If the card was stolen, I might end up being in danger cos the bank might trace the transaction to my account. I just put my phone on flight mood and it's still there till now. I went to my mom's room to tell her what happened.
please guys what do you think?
What should I do? will they get angry and will want to do anything as I off my phone? I need your comments. Am not just at ease.

mod pls help move to FP. Lalasticalala, mynd..
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by pregnantMan: 6:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Its really bothering me. Or am I just exaggerating
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by blueblur: 6:34am On Jun 26, 2021
Don't go out to them o. Don't let the waste you. Your life is important. Switch off your phone if you can.

11 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by paqman: 6:34am On Jun 26, 2021
You should have think of a better excuse , like you lost the key to your shop than putting your phone on flight mode

4 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by pregnantMan: 6:36am On Jun 26, 2021
blueblur:
Don't go out to them o. Don't let the waste you. Your life is important. Switch off your phone if you can.
That's what I did. How can someone call around 5am to withdraw money? Why not wait till day break if it was your own money

8 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by pregnantMan: 6:37am On Jun 26, 2021
paqman:
You should have think of a better excuse , like you lost the key to your shop than putting your phone on flight mode
the calls kept coming and I didn't just know what to do
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by paqman: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2021
pregnantMan:
the calls kept coming and I didn't just know what to do
a suitable lie would have been better than living them hanging
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by EzzyCarter: 6:51am On Jun 26, 2021
Always trust your instincts. Those guys sure as hell wanted to smoke you otherwise, who withdraws 200grand by 5'am? Nigeria has gotten to a stage where you've got to watch ur back nd calculate every move. Stay safe...

23 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by jimmyolasun: 6:54am On Jun 26, 2021
You don dey involved already. As you no follow join now, naa wahala.. those guys will burst you

Run away!!

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by michlins(m): 7:08am On Jun 26, 2021
You're smart.

They called and you didn't turn up. You had no business with them. That's probably a stolen card and the daily limit is 200k for card transaction

20 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by greencard: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2021
They prolly stole a friends card and want to do quick transfer before the fellow discover, since it's a pos withdrawal it won't be traced to them (by their name since they didn't transfer to their account)

So they will be coming to collect the sum small small even if you don't have the lump sum at once they careless as far as they are assured the act won't be traceable to them ..

Dont fret , just relax, they can't do you anything.. they can just say u fck up and that's all.

It's good you followed your instincts.

22 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Afonjashapmouth: 7:29am On Jun 26, 2021
As a POS operator, set your rules of business hence you run into a problem money cannot solve. Nothing should bring you out of your comfort zone off business hour. State your terms to your customers and be firm about it. Its a crazy time we living in currently and pure dog eat dog world

21 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by bigpicture001: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2021
They don't want to hurt u at all..they intend to truely withdraw..but it might be from a stolen card..where they have forced the owner to say the password and wants to beat it before the owner blocks card in the morning

3 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Bynz: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2021
Be careful henceforth don't close late at night and don't move with cash at night after close of work... That was how one POS guy was killed late at night... Move with convey of friends when closing when going home and prepare security at your place of residence they race u to your abode sooner or latter
pregnantMan:
Good morning Everyone.

Please there is something bothering me right now.. I was at my POS shop yesterday afternoon when two guys, they actually do come to withdraw little sums of amount from time to time, requested for my number that they will be needing some money in the morning (today). So I should give them my number so they can call me. So I gave them my number.Now fast forward to this early morning 5:10am, a call entered my phone, I picked and it was those guys, asking me where am I that they want to withdraw. I was like it's too early na, they said even tho, I should just come and help them withdraw the money. Then I asked them how much, he said 200k. I was like I don't have that amount. (cos my business is still new and I don't do big transactions for now). He kept telling me I should just come and withdraw it, that they don't need it now, they can come anytime later to collect it. I just said ok and ended the call.. After 5mins they called again saying they are still waiting for me. I sensed something was not right. I sat down on my bed and started thinking. What if they just went for operation and stole the card? what if they wanted harming me? If the card was stolen, I might end up being in danger cos the bank might trace the transaction to my account. I just put my phone on flight mood and it's still there till now. I went to my mom's room to tell her what happened.
What should I do? will they get angry and will want to do anything as I off my phone? I need your comments. Am not just at ease.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 26, 2021
So
Why did you post in romance section....uhn??
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by DaCharis2016: 8:24am On Jun 26, 2021
Yes just tell dem ur phone went flap. Moreover u can't do 200k at a go.
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by esthel(f): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2021
This POS work looks very simple yet could be dangerous.

8 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Quality20(m): 11:02am On Jun 26, 2021
what a very risky businesses
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2021
OP, thank God u followed your instincts

Maybe by now, u would have been in Trouble

Don't let any customer or person dictate your working scheme for u, simply because u are providing them a service.

If not Dem go Ride U!!!

2 Likes

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by fozapi(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
pregnantMan:
Good morning Everyone.

Why do you need front page because you receive sense? I command sense to fall on you, amen
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by southernbelle(f): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Very smart of you to turn them down, some people in this country are now too desperate and they don’t mind putting other people in danger for their own gains.
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Nutase: 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Flahyuq:
So
Why did you post in romance section....uhn??
It's his pregnancy that caused it, or didn't you notice his moniker??
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by divineuk(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
I think they want to call you out and rub you or something
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Again don't give anybody your account number for fund transfer except the person don't ve I'd card relate with the account
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Edyice: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2021
They want to collect your bag of money
Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Khd95(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2021
It's probably maga don pay and they need an account to lodge the fund till you have the cash, or...

They want to kidnap and harvest ur organs, in any case,. Get the local police involved and tell them this story u told us, better safe than sorry

1 Like

Re: Am I In Danger Cos Of My POS Hustle? by Revere27: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Haaa... Thank God for making you hearken to your instincts.

It's well with you bro

Please always make sure you pray daily before going to work and after coming God.
God be with you oo.

(1) (Reply)

Almost On The Edge Of Suciude Because Of My Brothel Addiction / Yahaya Ahmed, A Nigerian Engineer Builds A House Using Plastic Bottles In Kaduna / Why Do Women Get Angry At This Fact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.