Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola (39416 Views)

Chioma Ajunwa Decorated Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Photos Of The 3-Bedroom Apartment Chioma Ajunwa Got From Lagos Government / Chioma Ajunwa: I Built Three Rooms With Abiola’s Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by preshyusufu: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2021
This is Nigeria, where leaders are proud of their mess.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Ordinary land you no fit give as governor

U no dey shame u come open ur own matter with your mouth
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Ibime(m): 10:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Freestainworld:
fake promises, you are talking now because another governor fulfilled your promises.

You missed the part where he was removed as Governor in that same month of August 1996 without having the time to redeem his pledge
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Eriokanmi: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Freestainworld:
fake promises, you are talking now because another governor fulfilled your promises.

I guess you just jumped here to comment without reading the news post

Quoting from oyinlola...

I made it clear that the 24 plots of land were complete with all the titles.

Chioma Ajunwa said the landed property was later taken away from her , including those who weren't lagosians by the civilian government ( tinubu was the first civilian governor after the death of abacha). She said this last week on the channels tv programme chaired by the popular broadcaster Manny Onumonu. I watched her say so. Tinubu collected the property and sold to his cronies. Lekki was hot cake in those days ( and still hot cake now). Even as lagisian, I knew how hard mum fought to get her house at lekki phase one. Perm Secs at Alausa almost took it away from her before some elites in lagos waded into the matter.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Eriokanmi: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2021
Ceenachi:
Did you fulfil your land promise, Sir?
You failed her, like others like you do, Simple.
Kudos to the present Lagos state administration led by Sanwo-Olu. And congratulations to the recipient.
He did...dis you read where he said..

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by fredoooooo: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2021
Tareq1105:

He couldn't have given out the Land between 4th August (when he made the promise) and 22nd August (when Abacha suddenly removed him).

Have I answered your question?
Thank you sir ...
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by BENEAMATA: 10:43am On Jun 26, 2021
pics from bottom to top ;
ACP Chioma Ajunwa with governor sanwoolu
2 , Chioma Ajunwa leaps to greatness
3 , And top , comedian SANYERI making us LOL the more , while trying to look serious .
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by BENEAMATA: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
He did...dis you read where he said..

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by adeolu2010: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2021
Ceenachi:
Did you fulfil your land promise, Sir?
You failed her, like others like you do, Simple.
Kudos to the present Lagos state administration led by Sanwo-Olu. And congratulations to the recipient.
Don't mind him, instead of keeping quiet he is taking rubbish.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by BENEAMATA: 10:49am On Jun 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:

I guess you just jumped here to comment without reading the news post

Quoting from oyinlola...

Chioma Ajunwa said the landed property was later taken away from her , including those who weren't lagosians by the civilian government ( tinubu was the first civilian governor after the death of abacha). She said this last week on the channels tv programme chaired by the popular broadcaster Manny Onumonu. I watched her say so. Tinubu collected the property and sold to his cronies. Lekki was hot cake in those days ( and still hot cake now). Even as lagisian, I knew how hard mum fought to get her house at lekki phase one. Perm Secs at Alausa almost took it away from her before some elites in lagos waded into the matter.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by BENEAMATA: 10:50am On Jun 26, 2021
Ibime:

You missed the part where he was removed as Governor in that same month of August 1996 without having the time to redeem his pledge
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Kdon2: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2021
naptu2:
Colonel Oyinlola was governor of Lagos from December 1993 – August 1996. The Olympic Games in Atlanta ended on August 4th, 1996.

https://www.thecable.ng/oyinlola-ex-lagos-milad-reacts-to-ajunwas-house-gift-claim

Shameless man...he still get mouth talk
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Joetttimua1811(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2021
Noted
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Enyimbamercedes: 11:03am On Jun 26, 2021
So why wasn’t the promise kept? Whether it was land or house
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:05am On Jun 26, 2021
ZSHAME ON YOU EX GOVR,WHICH ONE DID YOU FULFILL. angry
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 26, 2021
Whatever it was, did you fulfill your promise? What does that tell of you?
You should be hiding in shame!
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by merryossai(m): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Commentor:

They don't give anybody land or houses for winning in the UK.
Once u represent UK and u are a retired footballer u are entitled to pension...so what do u have to say about that?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by merryossai(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2021
Gbajure:

You always confuse issues. Athletes yes must be compensated but footballers are they playing free for Nigeria? They get paid dollars for each day they took off their clubs full time employment.!

U mentioend Dele and Saka, what about Tammy and Fikayo that wreak their own international football career.
forget about wrecking one's career, what do u have to say about securing one's future financially? Mind u, once u have represented UK on international level u are entitled to pension after retirement.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by EMMY76: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2021
Baba should just keep quiet if his promise was fufilled at that time that plot of land must have appreciated a lot in value by now. Three bedroom bungalow gift for an Olympic gold medal is not too much abeg.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Commentor: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2021
merryossai:
Once u represent UK and u are a retired footballer u are entitled to pension...so what do u have to say about that?

Stop lying.

There is no special pension for being a sportsperson or even representing the Crown.

Every working adult in the UK contributes to the NI. As such, a pension is guaranteed at the end of work life.

Note:

The NI is a monthly contribution which comes out of your paycheck and you have no say in it.

You could as well make further contributions to your pension through administrators, but that is a completely different ball game.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by EmekaA125(m): 11:59am On Jun 26, 2021
ehemwhy:
Chioma Ajunwa now has property in Lagos , I assume she has one or two others in Lagos . If Biafra succeds will she leave ?
That's not ur concern bro.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by EmekaA125(m): 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Tareq1105:

The information out there is that Chioma Ajunwa represented Nigeria and not Lagos State at the Olympic.

Meaning that she won Gold for Nigeria and not Lagos State.

Yes, a one time Gov of Lagos State made a pledge but couldn't fulfill it till he was replaced few months after by Brig Buba Marwa.

Since govt is a continuous thing, Marwa should have done it.

Why blaming him?

He made a promise in August and he was replaced on October 1st.

What do you want him to do? To force himself to continue in office?

Was the Gold and medals won for him?

What stopped the home state Gov of Chioma Ajunwa from doing it?

Plz let's be honest and objective here.

Was it not after SanwoOlu honoured Ajunwa that Fed govt suddenly remembered the 1994 team that won African Nations Cup? That's Federal Government o.

Obviously there wasn't time for him to fulfill those promises.

No children of hate should come here to create enmity between our illustrious sons please.

Yorubas remain the most hospitable tribe in Nigeria. We shall give Green Card, like US, to all non Yorubas in our new Oduduwa Republic.

We accommodate people irrespective of their tribes or religious beliefs. You can't be that accommodated everywhere.

I'm proud to be a Yoruba man.

Well done Olagunsoye Oyinlola, time did not permit you to make it a reality.

Well done our amiable Gov Sanwo Olu for fulfilling the promise.

Awon Ojulowo omo Yoruba.

Rubbish talk. SouthEast governors will drag you ewedu eating i.diotic annoying afonjas to Igboland in order to give you appointment, benefits and jobs when the whole Nigeria knows that Yorubas hardly travel out of SouthWest. Continue talking senselessly and out of context. Whatever Igbos own and achieve in Lagos stemmed from their hardwork and never quit spirit.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by witworth(m): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
See failure also looking for excuses that are not even there.
You promised someone land that you never fulfilled and sti have the mind to come and talk nonsense.
Slave.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Gambit23: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
naptu2:
Colonel Oyinlola was governor of Lagos from December 1993 – August 1996. The Olympic Games in Atlanta ended on August 4th, 1996.

https://www.thecable.ng/oyinlola-ex-lagos-milad-reacts-to-ajunwas-house-gift-claim

Mumu, why didn't u give her the land since 1994
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Ojady(m): 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
At the time, Lagos was not the only state that had a Governor who was proud of the achievements of the Atlanta 96 contingent. He made a promise, was not able to fulfill as he left office not long after that. It is no longer his fault that his successor considered other things of more priority than bequeath promises made by a predecessor. Moreso, there were governors/military administrators from the states each sportsmen hailed from - what promise or reward did they get from their own governors for them to feel entitled to the fulfillment of a promise made by an administrator not even democratically elected in a state they did not even come from. The dimensions to this are not black and white. Even Sanwoolu that gave house, is a political move no goodwill in that...the question is what point is he trying to prove? As always, focus not where the ball has been or who has the ball, but on the ones without the ball, but are still running towards the goal.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Buksaylor: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
naptu2:

Shut up,you fool...
Did you even give the land?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Buksaylor: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
naptu2:

Shut up...you liar...

Shut up,you fool...
Did you even give the land?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Hendtime: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
juman:

I made it clear that the 24 plots of land were complete with all the titles. Did Ajunwa get that plot of land? How about the others?"

Oyinlola said the above.

So how long does it take to handover such documents to the athletes?
That could have been done within a day.

He was not good governor.

The state must have been put on hold because they wanted to prove to one juman on nairaland that they were a good governor grin
The way some of you dey talk sef Mtchewwwwww

Between the 10th of August and 20th of August, Oyinlola did not have a state to run but athletes to honour grin
Someone came spent 3 years (Marwa) did nothing, another came spent 8 years (Tinubu) did nothing, another 8 years (Fashola) did nothing, another 4 years (Ambode) did nothing, they all left. If Chiomma Ajunwa and the other athletes wrr owing the state do you think people will be saying that they were owin Oyinlola? Is it not on behalf of the state that Oyinlola was the governor? Is the state a property of Oyinlola? Y'all should stop blaming Oyinlola and direct your anger to the right channel

In fact, FGN should be blamed for all these nonsense. Abacha, Abdulsami Abubakar, Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, Jonathan, Buhari, yes all of them. These athletes did Nigeria proud not Lagos Lagos not even their various homes states but Nigeria. However, political blindness and ethnic bigotry won't allow y'all to chanel your energy to the right place.

If Oyinlola remain governor at least a month after he made the promise without fulfilling them, then he was wrong but surely the man was removed in less than ten days and y'all want to blame him? Arghhhhhhhh
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by merryossai(m): 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2021
Commentor:

Stop lying.

There is no special pension for being a sportsperson or even representing the Crown.

Every working adult in the UK contributes to the NI. As such, a pension is guaranteed at the end of work life.

Note:Thanks for the enlightenment. However, it doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is not worth representing.

The NI is a monthly contribution which comes out of your paycheck and you have no say in it.

You could as well make further contributions to your pension through administrators, but that is a completely different ball game.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by merryossai(m): 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2021
Commentor:

Stop lying.

Note:Thanks for the enlightenment. However, it doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is not worth representing.

Thanks for the enlightenment. However, I still maintain my stand that Nigeria is not worth representing.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by christistruth01: 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

Whether you accept it or not, Chioma represented Lagos before winning the Olympic gold.
She has been honoured in the East after her victory, with many rewards, chieftancy titles, a stadium named after her. She is on the board of athletic organization in the East. The East has given to her and she has been giving back to the East.

Your Lagos governor made a promise 25yrs ago and just redeemed it. That was his personal promise and has nothing to do with Igbos.

Spare me the crap.

Chioma Ajunwa Couldn't, represent Lagos because it was not her home State

She was rewarded by Lagos State for representing Nigeria honourably

It is not a Small thing to win an Olympic gold medal
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by izubext007: 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2021
Land or house the question is , did u fulfill ur promise?
Another man has taken ur glory.............good for you next time don't be tribalistic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sao Tome 10 -0 (I'm Not Impressed) Opinion / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Is Dead (Video) / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.