Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola (39407 Views)

Chioma Ajunwa Decorated Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Photos Of The 3-Bedroom Apartment Chioma Ajunwa Got From Lagos Government / Chioma Ajunwa: I Built Three Rooms With Abiola’s Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by phemmyfour: 8:05am On Jun 26, 2021
Ayemileto:

Colonel Oyinlola was governor of Lagos from December 1993 – August 1996. The Olympic Games in Atlanta ended on August 4th, 1996.

This was on the very top of the article, and from the article, he made the announcement on August 10.

A check on Wikipedia shows he left (or was removed from) office on August 22.

That means he left office 11 or 12 days after making the promise (depending on the time on August 10 he made the promise and the time he left office on August 22)

So, for people asking why he didn't fulfill the promise, I think it might be due to time.

He might not be expecting to leave office at the time he did, so probably didn't haste the fulfillment of the promise.
That 12 days is more than enough to empty the treasury but cannot fulfill a promise of common land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by 10mobile: 8:06am On Jun 26, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Nigerian leaders are so shameless, always shifting the goal post so as to avoid fufiling their promises. I remember this man during his days as Lagos State governor, always burning traders goods on Yaba rail way, made lives miserable for them, yet he couldn't honour a promise he made to someone that made the nation proud.

The purging has started already, the old shall pass away and a new Nigeria is already here.

This I have seen.
You have seen so many things.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by moneyissweet(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Covidiot ex governor

Sanwo olu still remains the real niggar

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Wickedtruths: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2021
emimore:

Why must some people tribalize everything? Nobody has mentioned or insulted Yoruba on this thread, you the only one doing that. They've been instances where other state governors gave lands or houses to those that made Nigeria proud in the international scene not minding state of origin.
Pls let's move forward

The truth must be said no matter how bitter or inconvenient it is. Please show us an instance right from the 16th century till today where any of the five Eastern states gave a house to any non-igbo.
Is it not Abia state that sacked workers from Imo state the other day?

Yorubas are very hospitable people and Igbos must be constantly reminded that we are their benefactors. We don't deserve the insults we get from them. You can't wish your benefactors bad and expect to prosper, it won't happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by DenreleDave(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2021
ZZ22:
Bororo man Imo government appointed a Yoruba person in to his cabinet few days ago and nobody made noise about that

Shut up e diot.... Go and check how many fl@t edd yesstern ipob are appointed in Lagos, Ondo and so on...

Nonsense... Let your Govt do the same hospitable act.. Shameless people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by DenreleDave(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2021
emimore:

Why must some people tribalize everything? Nobody has mentioned or insulted Yoruba on this thread, you the only one doing that. They've been instances where other state governors gave lands or houses to those that made Nigeria proud in the international scene not minding state of origin.
Pls let's move forward

Yes we need to remind you.... We yorubas ain't hateful like your people...

Which eastern government has done dt to others ever?

It's a question, nt an insult

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by ZZ22: 8:14am On Jun 26, 2021
DenreleDave:

Shut up e diot.... Go and check how many fl@t edd yesstern ipob are appointed in Lagos, Ondo and so on...

Nonsense... Let your Govt do the same hospitable act.. Shameless people
I would have asked you to call your father idiot but calling him an idiot will be a big award for him.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by colestephan86: 8:15am On Jun 26, 2021
naptu2:
Colonel Oyinlola was governor of Lagos from December 1993 – August 1996. The Olympic Games in Atlanta ended on August 4th, 1996.

https://www.thecable.ng/oyinlola-ex-lagos-milad-reacts-to-ajunwas-house-gift-claim
It's fine, she has gotten both land and house now
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by One1Nigeria: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2021
She is a patriotic Nigerian Woman, bringing glory to this country from her youthful age.., till now,God will remember all of us not forgetting our labour of love
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by DenreleDave(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2021
ZZ22:
I would have asked you to call my father idiot but calling my father an idiot will be a big award for him.

Stop insulting ur parents. Boy
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by ThatFairGuy1: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2021
He Left same August, READ
Freestainworld:
fake promises, you are talking now because another governor fulfilled your promises.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by DenreleDave(m): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Baba abeg shut up

Who promise Epp

Promise you didn't fulfil

And why did your fl@t edd Brothers didn't do it for their fellow fl@t edd sister grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2021
slowpoke, you no even get shame that its another person that fulfilled your promise. Shameless man.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 8:21am On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:
Chioma Ajunwa is from Imo state but Lagos State Government gave her a house. What has Imo state done for her?
What has Igboland done for her?
Yet you see Igbos insulting Yorubas every day.

God bless Sanwo-Olu,
God bless Lagos State
God bless Yorubaland.

As for this agbaya called Oyinlola, he should have shut up. You can't be this old and this foolish at the same.

She contested from Lagos and was chosen to represent Nigeria and got recognized only because of hard work not tribe.
Nobody forced your Yoruba governor to make promises to her.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Commentor: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2021
merryossai:
Later someone will be lamenting why Dele Alli and Saka etc. refuse to represent Nigeria? ...if na you, you go play for this country? Before u rush n answer, consider the level of audio reward and lackadaisical approach meted out to our previous sport heroes by our leaders.

They don't give anybody land or houses for winning in the UK.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 8:24am On Jun 26, 2021
DenreleDave:

Yes we need to remind you.... We yorubas ain't hateful like your people...

Which eastern government has done dt to others ever?

It's a question, nt an insult

Why should any Eastern governor do that? She contested from Lagos before representing Nigeria hence the promises made by Lagos govt.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Wickedtruths: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

She contested from Lagos and was chosen to represent Nigeria and got recognized only because of hard work not tribe.
Nobody forced your Yoruba governor to make promises to her.

Stop telling dumb lies, you stupid ingrate.
She was a former member of the Super Falcons and a Policewoman. She was in the Police due to her sporting skills and was not even a general duty policewoman. This idiot is now saying she contested from Lagos, dirty ingrate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Commentor: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2021
phemmyfour:
That 12 days is more than enough to empty the treasury but cannot fulfill a promise of common land

I tire.

Before making such promise, one should have set the mechanism in motion.

He failed woefully.

As far as I'm concerned, he only made the announcement to cash in on their popularity at that point in time.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Wickedtruths: 8:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

Why should any Eastern governor do that? She contested from Lagos before representing Nigeria hence the promises made by Lagos govt.

Kindly shut your trap, you hideous creature. Who contested from Lagos? Chioma that was already in Super Falcons as far back as 91.
You Igbos are ingrates.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by crackhouse(m): 8:28am On Jun 26, 2021
So what's your point now? Did u want the governor to collect back the house from her or what?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 8:29am On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:

The truth must be said no matter how bitter or inconvenient it is. Please show us an instance right from the 16th century till today where any of the five Eastern states gave a house to any non-igbo.
Is it not Abia state that sacked workers from Imo state the other day?

Yorubas are very hospitable people and Igbos must be constantly reminded that we are their benefactors. We don't deserve the insults we get from them. You can't wish your benefactors bad and expect to prosper, it won't happen.

Stop this tribalistic nonesense.
Why exactly should an Eastern governor gives houses to people?
This lady was in Lagos and contested from Lagos before the Nigerian Olympic committee chose her to represent Nigeria. That's why the promises was made to her.
Your Lagos governor didn't just wake up to make that promise. Stop the nonesense.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Wickedtruths: 8:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:

Stop this tribalistic nonesense.
Why exactly should an Eastern governor gives houses to people?
This lady was in Lagos and contested from Lagos before the Nigerian Olympic committee chose her to represent Nigeria. That's why the promises was made to her.
Your Lagos governor didn't just wake up to make that promise. Stop the nonesense.

Apart from being an ingrate, you are a lying scoundrel and an unintelligent revisionist. Chioma Ajunwa WAS NOT in Lagos. She never represented Lagos, was not serving in the Lagos State Police Command as at then.

Assuming she was even in Lagos, is that what stopped your Igbo leaders from recognising her and honouring her as an Igbo lady?
Or it is because she's a woman.
You fools can recognise prostitutes and armed robbers but you can't recognise Chioma Ajunwa.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Ykc2(m): 8:34am On Jun 26, 2021
DenreleDave:
Wonders shall never end.. See igbos raising their voice on the man grin grin grin grin.. I hope eastern government can do the same to other tribes...

God bless Yorubas.

Emblem of unity, peace, justice and fairness....

Isn't chioma a Nigerian dt wọn? Sọ if a Yoruba Governor cudnt fulfill a promise to an igbó, what's stop other igbos governors in doing it...

They cudnt but waited for another Yoruba to do it..

Yoruba are the most hospitable tribe in the world.. Take it or leave it... Fl@t edds
did chioma ajunwa begged him for land or house ?no be the yeye man take him mouth promise wetin he no fit do just to be popular, make dey mind how una dey a times
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:

Apart from being an ingrate, you are a lying scoundrel and an unintelligent revisionist. Chioma Ajunwa WAS NOT in Lagos. She never represented Lagos, was not serving in the Lagos State Police Command as at then.

Assuming she was even in Lagos, is that what stopped your Igbo leaders from recognising her and honouring her as an Igbo lady?
You fools can recognise prostitutes and armed robbers but you can't recognise Chioma Ajunwa.

Chioma has represented Lagos and Nigeria both in football and track and field events all by merit and she did all of this as a police officer. This has nothing to do with tribe.
If she represented Warri or Yenagoa,she would have also been compensated there. Only fools tribalize things like this.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Boudiccao: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2021
Wickedtruths:

Secondly, Chioma didn't beg for house. She has been quite popular as an athlete in Lagos and your governor went on to make promises to her.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by omojeesu(m): 8:41am On Jun 26, 2021
Did the FGN ever reward her and deserving others at all at that time?

I don't know. Please does anyone remember?
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by bass7: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2021
So many two-faced people on this platform...
If you say orange is green, they will agree and when you say the same orange is red, the same people will quickly agree too... Wetin dey happen....

Naija people sef.....
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Wickedtruths: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:
Chioma has represented Lagos and Nigeria both in football and track and field events all by merit and she did all of this as a police officer. This has nothing to do with tribe.
If she represented Warri or Yenagoa,she would have also been compensated there. Only fools tribalize things like this.

Mention any event where Chioma Ajunwa represented Lagos.

Also, give me 1 reason why all your Igbo leaders both living and dead have refused to honor Chioma Ajunwa.
Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by Wickedtruths: 8:47am On Jun 26, 2021
Boudiccao:
Secondly, Chioma didn't beg for house. She has been quite popular as an athlete in Lagos and your governor went on to make promises to her.

You see why I said you are ingrates. So, she must beg before she's given a house. A national hero must beg before she's honoured. You sir, are very stupid.
You lot lack emotional intelligence.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Promised Chioma Ajunwa Land, Not House’ - Olagunsoye Oyinlola by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2021
The person that advised Oyinlola to respond to his dead-on-arrival cum audio-promise has just destroyed his political carrier. I am very sure when he made the deceitful promise Babajide Sanwo-olu might still be a tenant then but now God has uplifted him
What a shameless man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Sao Tome 10 -0 (I'm Not Impressed) Opinion / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Is Dead (Video) / Mikel Obi And Olga Diyachenko Celebrate Five Years Of Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.