Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 (3226 Views)

Again, PDP Chieftains Seek Sack Of Ayu, Bature Over Kano Crisis / BREAKING: Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke Dies / 2020 Governorship: Crisis Of Confidence Tears Edo APC Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by djevino(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2021
Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis of October 1991

The newspaper article here is a report from New York Times. The German evangelist wanted to hold a crusade in Kano, guess who bore the brunt? Sabon Gari residence basically the Igbo Christians. Govt said 8 died, some report—300.

https:///R6DmESS3md

Listen to New York Times of 17th October 1991...

"Muslims pursued their hunt for Christians today in religious rioting in the northern city of Kano, witnesses said. Thousands of people reportedly besieged police stations to seek protection.

The Government said 8 people had been killed since the rioting began on Monday, but an unconfirmed report in one newspaper said 300 had died. Another newspaper reported that witnesses had seen about 20 bodies.

President Ibrahim Babangida cut short his visit to Zimbabwe for the meeting of Commonwealth nations to return to Lagos tonight. He said some press accounts of casualties were exaggerated. Protest Over Christian Meeting.

Government troops have failed to contain the violence, which began when thousands of Muslims took to the streets to protest the granting of police permission for a Christian revival meeting".
—New York Times, October 17, 1991.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by djevino(m): 9:14am On Jun 26, 2021
No be today d madness start

2 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Gondonu: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2021
Just imagine. E no concern them but they went to Sabon Gari to kill people.Anyway, any religion that teaches people to kill for a god that cant help himself is good as being dead.

Meanwhile, Jesus Christ himself has long warned us that "......Yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service...."
(John 16:2).

8 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Gondonu: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2021
Government troops have failed to contain the violence, which began when thousands of Muslims took to the streets to protest the granting of police permission for a Christian revival meeting".
—New York Times, October 17, 1991.
As if Nigeria is not a secular state with right to religious freedom boldly engrave in the Nigerian constitution. They dragged Nigeria into OIC and got away with it.

2 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by 10mobile: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:29am On Jun 26, 2021
U see the reason why this gawd forsaken country is useless beyond measure? Very useless

It is only God that delivered me and family during that riot. It was that very riot that made us relocate from Kano.

The rioter too are very foolish and useless with iQ of "-0"

U don't want crusade or revival to hold, yet instead of attacking government institutions and government personnel, you went for your innocent fellow countrymen just because they are of a different religion or tribe.

After reading this nasty and terrible article, anyone with conscience is supposed to support Nnamdi Kanu desire for the disintegration of Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by r4bbit: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2021
I have heard about this stories from my siblings.... It is disheartening... People were being Butchard like meat... Any were you go there are dead Christian body on d floor... If not a arm it will be ..full body, Leg.. Or head....

How can people be so retarded...
And it not just the igbos... Even Yorubas were been killed....

I hate to be tribalistic.. But any time I think of this and some of my experiences in the north...
I can't help but feel that the north are barbarians

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Duru9(m): 9:50am On Jun 26, 2021
North are barbarians

Muslim drive joy in blood spilling

10 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by AntiBMC(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2021
See them...sadists from time immemorial with their stewpid religion of pi$s. After one ideoot wey never baff will quote me and be saying trash. Like the one that mentioned me last week and said; "Why do Igbos not want Muslims in Biafra when the North accommodates christians?"

He should come and see d kind of accomodation they give Christians. Atụrụ.

7 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by saaron(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Terrorism and bloodshed is the DNA of Northern savages. The number of Christians that were slaughtered in Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano etc between 1980 and 1993 in Northern Nigeria is UNIMAGINABLE! Virtually Northern murderers can use anything to massacre christians in numbers. Nigeria hosted the miss world beauty pageant in 2002, northern savages threaten violence and the event was moved midway to South Africa. A cartoon was drawn far away in Denmark, as usual Northern savages used the opportunity to slaughter countless number of Christians in the North. And they say Nigeria is one? How can the country be one with these devilish murderers? Any Christian that believes in one Nigeria is a MURDERER! There can NEVER be a union between light and darkness.
The earlier Christians unite towards total DISINTEGRATION of Nigeria the better for the safety and security of our children and their unborn generation.
ONE NIGERIA IS SATANIC.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Penguin2: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2021
I have issues with Kano saying people should not drink beer, but hosting a mega crusade in a predominantly Muslim state with history of hostility towards opposing religious beliefs, is the height of insensitivity by whoever invited Reinhard Bonke to Kano.

Go to church quietly and pray quietly in your room; if they attack you, then they are looking for trouble. But why organize mega crusade with mega phones possibly.

People that want to be more Christian than Christ himself.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by gentlestdude(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2021
hate to say this but ibos are mumu abeg... una too mumu ah ahn kilode doing like ram upandan... aboki will just wake up one day and be deciding to kill them without any justice nawa o and they won't fight back chai
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Samunique(m): 10:23am On Jun 26, 2021
Penguin2:
I have issues with Kano saying people should not drink beer, but hosting a mega crusade in a predominantly Muslim state with history of hostility towards opposing religious beliefs, is the height of insensitivity by whoever invited Reinhard Bonke to Kano.

Go to church quietly and pray quietly in your room; if they attack you, then they are looking for trouble. But why organize mega crusade with mega phones possibly.

So this is all you can say ?

You will really be a bad judge !!

14 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by freegaza(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2021
One of the comments says he was there in October 1991 and heavy rain fell. Rain in October in Kano? Satan is more trustworthy than an Igbo man
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2021
r4bbit:
I have heard about this stories from my siblings.... It is disheartening... People were being Butchard like meat... Any were you go there are dead Christian body on d floor... If not a arm it will be ..full body, Leg.. Or head....

How can people be so retarded...
And it not just the igbos... Even Yorubas were been killed....

I hate to be tribalistic.. But any time I think of this and some of my experiences in the north...
I can't help but feel that the north are barbarians

Northerners are barbarians actually. Muslim northerners, that is.

8 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2021
freegaza:
One of the comments says he was there in October 1991 and heavy rain fell. Rain in October in Kano? Satan is more trustworthy than an Igbo man
You must be an idiot.It sometimes rains in the north in October.I witnessed the killings in kaduna in 86, the zango kataf,the abiola crisis,the Danish cartoon and so many pre and post election crisis before I finally throw in the towel.I now hate anything called northern Nigeria because my family did lose a lot.The only reason the igbos in the north has peace for some time now is because of ipob action.You remember the redeem woman that was killed in kano.The north knows any stupid crisis again and one Nigeria will be history.Thr leaders and immam is drumming that into thr head.I have dislinked all my aboki fnds because they don't worth it.They will not participate in the crisis but will never warn you about it.The plan is always made in the mosque and attacks start at night.When you hear calls for prayer at unusual hour in the north run for safety.That is why I support ipob and kanu with all I have.The northerners are wicked and thought they had Monopoly of violence

15 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by FakeUnity: 11:19am On Jun 26, 2021
Abokey barbarians should try the mass killings today lets see how it goes.

Cc: thebosstrevor1, quotasystem, arrewa, kinematics, richmond500

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by juman(m): 11:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Those that witnessed kano and kaduna recurrent crises said calling those crises riots are insults to the victims of the tragedy.
They rather called it war.
They were catastrophic calamity.

Those almajiris used by the northern leaders are now the bandits and boko haram.
See how God pay back the evil doers.

6 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by juman(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2021
I dont remember how the event unfolded, but I will blame anybody that organize such event in kano, katsina, borno, sokoto, etc.
They should understand the country better.
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by bastardmod: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2021
Arewa1stSon onionbandit fulanmafia
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by kindlyheart: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
it will be better for our kids
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Chibuzoc(m): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
juman:
I dont remember how the event unfolded, but I will blame anybody that organize such event in kano, katsina, borno, sokoto, etc.

Ndi one Nigeria SMH its better we go our separate ways than this

3 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by juman(m): 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
Chibuzoc:

Ndi one Nigeria SMH its better we go our separate ways than this

No one is forcing you to go to other peoples region.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Chibuzoc(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
juman:

No one is forcing you to go to other peoples region.

In one Nigeria or Islamic Republic of Arewa

7 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by stonemasonn: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
juman:
it almost happened in Ilorin, so much for a secular country.

5 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by freegaza(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
You must be an idiot.It sometimes rains in the north in October.I witnessed the killings in kaduna in 86, the zango kataf,the abiola crisis,the Danish cartoon and so many pre and post election crisis before I finally throw in the towel.I now hate anything called northern Nigeria because my family did lose a lot.The only reason the igbos in the north has peace for some time now is because of ipob action.You remember the redeem woman that was killed in kano.The north knows any stupid crisis again and one Nigeria will be history.Thr leaders and immam is drumming that into thr head.I have dislinked all my aboki fnds because they don't worth it.They will not participate in the crisis but will never warn you about it.The plan is always made in the mosque and attacks start at night.When you hear calls for prayer at unusual hour in the north run for safety.That is why I support ipob and kanu with all I have.The northerners are wicked and thought they had Monopoly of violence

Bla bla bla bla. Nonsense!
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by juman(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
Chibuzoc:

In one Nigeria or Islamic Republic of Arewa

See the unity beggars.

If you like go there again to do such thing, they make you suya.
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by juman(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
Biafran4life:
You must be an idiot.It sometimes rains in the north in October.I witnessed the killings in kaduna in 86, the zango kataf,the abiola crisis,the Danish cartoon and so many pre and post election crisis before I finally throw in the towel.I now hate anything called northern Nigeria because my family did lose a lot.The only reason the igbos in the north has peace for some time now is because of ipob action.You remember the redeem woman that was killed in kano. The north knows any stupid crisis again and one Nigeria will be history. Thr leaders and immam is drumming that into thr head.I have dislinked all my aboki fnds because they don't worth it.They will not participate in the crisis but will never warn you about it.The plan is always made in the mosque and attacks start at night.When you hear calls for prayer at unusual hour in the north run for safety.That is why I support ipob and kanu with all I have.The northerners are wicked and thought they had Monopoly of violence

The bolded make me laugh.
You are just merely beating your chest on nothing.
You people have no capacity to break nigeria.

The elites across the country are entrenched in their support for one nigeria.
Because they feed fat on the rotten system.

2 Likes

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by flamingREED(m): 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Revolution is inevitable because these same people are not willing to at least restructure.

1 Like

Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by ThatFairGuy1: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
You're a Hypocrite.

Can a Muslim general Assembly hold In ANY IGBOLAND and Muslims not get attacked?

Ordinary hijab few Igbo Muslim women uses, they get mocked and attacked In south East undecided

Igbos will come online to brag of dealing with ANYTHING Islamic especially in their Utopian country yet no one will tag them barbarians. Isn't that Hypocrisy?

You attacks others fo what you're guilty of

If Northerner are barbarian as you claimed, the WORSE adjective should be use for Ndi Igbo because THEY'RE THE MOST INTOLERANT TRIBE I'VE EVER SEEN.

Note ain't a Northerner, I'm not supporting the act
Duru9:
North are barbarians

Muslim drive joy in blood spilling
Re: Reinhard Bonke- Kano Crisis Of October 1991 by Don1987(m): 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Penguin2:

so this is all have to say. What of Muslims blocking our streets in the Christian dominated south in the name of prayer

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Is Currently Hot At The Moment!!! / FINAL WARNING: Release Nnamdi Kanu Or Face Continuous War, Gunmen Lists Nine Lgs / 2023. Photos Of Youths Creating Awareness For Labour Party In Ikot-Ekpene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.