Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student (42623 Views)

October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU / Nigeria @ 60 Recreated By Our Student / "Malik Isn't Our Student" - Osunpoly SUG Clears Air On FUOYE Student Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Airoflaw(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
teepain:

A very good prosecuting counsel will take this girl to the cleaners fairly easily.

The plea of self-defense will not fly for the following reasons:

(1) Multiple knife wounds makes the self-defense line lame

(2) Not alerting the police authorities or the apartment managers about the attack on the man (even if it was for self defence)

(3) Absconding after the act

(4) Withdrawing from the dead man's account

Those 4 points will make it difficult for defence counsel to successfully pleas self defence as the reason for killing the man.

This lady will most likely get sentenced for murder or at least manslaughter. Hence your 4 years sentence is not gonna happen.

And remember that she was caught with a fake license and international number and these are additional facts that will establish her criminal tendencies.

but the fake license is a common thing in Nigeria oo
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Current investigations being done has unravelled the fact that Brenda (Usifo's Wife) is involved in the murder.

It was pre-planned but the "murder itself" was not in the script.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by donprinyo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
Police is now court
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by MNKbandit: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
Just stfu man
She was also under the influence of drugs when she used his card to withdraw his money abi? angry
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unilag must be commended for refusing to be politically correct because Chidinma is innocent until proven guilty.

She's the victim here.
A naive young girl, tricked, bullied, drugged and sexually exploited by a man old enough to be her father.

Considering she was under the influence of drugs when the murder took place, it becomes a case of involuntary manslaughter bordering on self-defense amidst a moment of temporary insanity.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by cardoctor(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
She will complete her course in prison. Thats if she doesnt end up with a death sentence.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Orpe7(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
Atleast they didn't deny her
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by LordGuru1: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
Righteousness2:
See how an innocent harmless looking girl becomes a media sensation for the wrong reasons.
See how a young handsome Married man is sent to his early grave for the wrong reasons.

Ladies/ Gentlemen,
Sin kills, Sin destroys destines, Sin will make you a public shame and ridicule, Sin will send you to Hell Fire.
Righteousness, Purity and the Fear of God Exalts.
Flee sin! Surrender to JESUS Christ..
She's heavily demon possessed, just as most oloshos are. Also, that is not her first time of killing, the professional way she mastered snuffing life out of an hefty grown man shows she has murdered many in the past.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by templemount: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
yamunla:
WE MARRIED MEN!!!!!!

We all need to start praying for God fearing side chic..... angry
lolz.u no well I swear.wait oooo
what did u just say?
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Bahamas95(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
All what he has laboured for gone like that because of kpekus.

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2021
teepain:

A very good prosecuting counsel will take this girl to the cleaners fairly easily.

The plea of self-defense will not fly for the following reasons:

(1) Multiple knife wounds makes the self-defense line lame

(2) Not alerting the police authorities or the apartment managers about the attack on the man (even if it was for self defence)

(3) Absconding after the act

(4) Withdrawing from the dead man's account

Those 4 points will make it difficult for defence counsel to successfully pleas self defence as the reason for killing the man.

This lady will most likely get sentenced for murder or at least manslaughter. Hence your 4 years sentence is not gonna happen.

And remember that she was caught with a fake license and international number and these are additional facts that will establish her criminal tendencies.

1. A self defense case might go well in the court. A premeditated murder will been smoother perhaps with a slit of throat or posion or by blocking the nasal flow the deseased.

2. Her lawyer might plead that she got scared and posing that she had drugs with her she dread what the law might say about her.

3. The accused never left the state where the crime was committed... Infact she stayed at a predictable place..

4. The Atm pin was given to her by the deceased before he died which according to the lady was willing.

I hope I countered your 4 points well. A celebrity case like this is seriously hard to predict but let's wait for the results.... I'm in no way related to the lady or supporting her... I'm just guaging facts
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by LutanFyah: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
Onionpurple:
its not that serious, she's looking at it from the perspective of a layman.
Even laymen with a head on their shoulders don't think like that.

I'm not a lawyer but basic constitutional interpretations shouldn't be lost on the citizens.

If that girl is lucky, she will get punished for manslaughter but her going to the bank after killing the man makes that quite impossible cos it will be interpreted that she intentionally drugged and killed him to rob him.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Lifewasgood: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:
Naturally the school will deny her soon... They just need the police to conclude their investigation. Once she plead guilty at court they will disown her.

Such a shame.... A cheap shame for that matter. Sincerely she is a lucky bitch.... Self defense will be used at the court.... She'll get a minimum of 4 years. Come out and continue her life.

I'm saying this base on the picture of the dead body released. Multitude stab wounds even on the leg of the corpse might go well for self defense after all the deseased was an amateur boxer that posed as a threat to her.

Using the fact that she was also acting on drugs will reduce her sentence. Her lawyer might plead for a lunatic immunity.

Such a waste

Wetin Una dey talk? The knife wey damage for person body you dey say self defense.

Just reason am like this! You are under attack, a vicious one. You've been stabbed once and the way the matter dey go you might lose your life. You're Physically stronger than your opponent and were once a boxer. Will your opponent leave you dead without a single scratch on his/her body?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by doyinisaac(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:
Naturally the school will deny her soon... They just need the police to conclude their investigation. Once she plead guilty at court they will disown her.

Such a shame.... A cheap shame for that matter. Sincerely she is a lucky bitch.... Self defense will be used at the court.... She'll get a minimum of 4 years. Come out and continue her life.

I'm saying this base on the picture of the dead body released. Multitude stab wounds even on the leg of the corpse might go well for self defense after all the deseased was an amateur boxer that posed as a threat to her.

Using the fact that she was also acting on drugs will reduce her sentence. Her lawyer might plead for a lunatic immunity.

Such a waste
And the money she withdrew from the account after his death??lol do you people think judges are daft??so can someone with conscience and no criminal mind kill a person and still have the mind to go and withdraw from the bank account of the person they just killed??that automatically invalidates the "self defence".....no smart lawyers will want to rely on "self defence" because she withdrawing money from her bank account after she stabbed him shows she has criminal intent...so the drugs made her to kill the man and the drugs also made her withdraw from his bank account??°and the drugs also made her to be able to locate her house and pretend as if nothing happened??the same drugs made her to hide the knife too??really??ok ooo

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by CaptainFM1: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
Who would imagine such a girl would have that kind of mind.

We need a system or apps that can tell us people's mind now.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by SIRTee15: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:
If she gets a good lawyers she might not sir... The deseased himself is not a saint, pls don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the lady here but even public outrage is minimal over the case... Infact the lady is getting sympathy. Just think about it sir....

Judges won't base decision on public sympathy. Judgement will be based on influence....she has none.

She doesn't look like someone that can afford an expensive lawyer. Someone that stole 350 thousand obviously can't afford a SAN.

Now in nigeria legal system, what an expensive/good lawyer will do for you is influence your case OUTSIDE of court for a favourable outcome. Cases are not settled within court in nigeria.

The victim is not a saint, but his family n friends are rich n powerful, they will make sure justice is done.

I repeat, understand the justice system of your country, u may need it one day. This is not America.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by kinkymax: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:

Such a waste
You are seriously malfunctioning... This grave offence 4 yes,,loooool..u be confirm joke..
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2021
Onionpurple:
Not a sir. Lagos lawyers will not push for a plea of “immunity” because such immunity does not exist under law! Lawyers don't go into the court and make magic, they are rules to be followed. The law isn't as straight forward as you think, it's much more nuanced. A plea of self defence won't be approved simply because she said so. After she incapacitated him, why didn't she stop there (proportionality) . Law is not about wisdom to interprete, the bench interpretes the law not the bar. They can suggest their interpretation but it is left for the court to interprete it
I am not a lawyer but I have my own fair share of knowing what interpretation of law entails.... Call me a sophist or whatever. Nobody is saying there will be an abracadabra on this case but saying that lady is be hanged or get a hard sentence is simply out of it. And the bench interpret the law base on the best narrative the suits the case. If the lady plead the case as a self defense, it's her word against the dead man and it's left for her lawyer to continue pulling the self defense string.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by LutanFyah: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:

1. A self defense case might go well in the court. A premeditated murder will been smoother perhaps with a slit of throat or posion or by blocking the nasal flow the deseased.

2. Her lawyer might plead that she got scared and posing that she had drugs with her she dread what the law might say about her.

3. The accused never left the state where the crime was committed... Infact she stayed at a predictable place..

4. The Atm pin was given to her by the deceased before he died which according to the lady was willing.

I hope I countered your 4 points well. A celebrity case like this is seriously hard to predict but let's wait for the results.... I'm in no way related to the lady or supporting her... I'm just guaging facts

1.How do you establish a case of self defence when the victim is drugged and has multiple stab wounds,and the murderer has no scratch nor admitted in any hospital for treatment?

2. And she couldn't dispose off the drugs and report the case to the police or even alert neighbours or the Airbnb staff?

3. Dead bodies can be positioned the way their murderers want them to stay.

4. How do you establish that she got the pin willingly from the deceased and not from threats and tortures from the stab wounds?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by tnerro1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
If na some universities dem for don delete your name from their system, throw your file inside bush and deny that you where ever their student, eg uniben
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by vickydevoka(m): 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by adslipps: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:

Such a waste

She also withdrew money from his account in self defense?
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by vickydevoka(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Jeremy123:
And the girl is fine sha
How she take fine. With har flat chinko nose. Abeg make I hear word. Useless gal
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by doyinisaac(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
It is sad
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by hope4nigeria(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
CountDracula:
Student stabs a man to death, University says shes still our daughter though we condemn her actions. Is this what human life is worth now? So little value, as if she stole an iPhone. Ah i wonder what human life will be worth in the next 20years
go and kill her then.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Originalsly: 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Doradorwa:

From what he is saying.... they will never take action. They have to receive official report from the Police or court before action can be taken. What court or Police in the world does that? .. send report to a school? She is in court ... on trial... isn't that more than enough to take action? ... at least suspension? His statement is a disgrace to the university ... speaks a lot about the people in power there.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by vickydevoka(m): 12:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Fine girl Kee u there, what's fine there?
My brother men are useless. That's y de keep raping. Person commit murder them still de call am fine

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Gainman: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Islie:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/murder-of-super-tv-ceo-why-we-cant-take-action-yet-on-our-student-unilag/
but if nah male students you for don expel him and also deny he is your student.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lifewasgood:

Wetin Una dey talk? The knife wey damage for person body you dey say self defense.

Just reason am like this! You are under attack, a vicious one. You've been stabbed once and the way the matter dey go you might lose your life. You're Physically stronger than your opponent and were once a boxer. Will your opponent leave you dead without a single scratch on his/her body?

For a celebrity case like this all we will all do is reason it till the court delivery her verdict..... Let's wait for it.
Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by SIRTee15: 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
mrfreestuff:
Tell your daughter to work hard and meet those rigorous academic standard first smiley and ask her if she will want to take such high academic achievement to a lesser school. University of Lagos is not for every dick ,Tom and Harry. If you send a smart but morally bankrupt daughter to UNILAG,she will have company in equally morally bankrupt people, after all, Superman Ataga is not a lecturer in the university and the university staff club is not in Lekki. The point is that, it is not the primary job of the university to instil moral in your morally bankrupt daughter if you don't raise her well.

Just advise your female students not to end up like chindinma ojukwu. I don't have time for needless argument.
Unilag reputation precedes your generation as the den of female students pi.mp prostitution n runs girls. You people introduced aristo girls into nigerian universities.

Every year, u guys argue it's no longer the case, but cases like chindinma rubbish such claims.
Your girls have even murder to it. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG On Chidinma Ojukwu: Why We Can’t Take Action Yet On Our Student by Raychee(f): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
yamunla:
WE MARRIED MEN!!!!!!

We all need to start praying for God fearing side chic..... angry

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Chrisland School Teachers Arraigned In Court Over Gang-Sex / Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice / 'O' Of BODMAS Doesn't Mean Of, Our Teachers Owe Us An Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.