Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) (62342 Views)

53-Year-Old Bridge Collapse After Heavy Downpour In Shendam, Plateau / Floods At Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2021
Same way FG ignored other states while developing Lagos.
TripleOh7:

My points remain valid.

Lagos has the smallest landmass of all the 36 states in the federation but has the largest population of over 20 million humans without counting dogs, cats, witches and wizards.

People leave their states and regions and migrate without having any job or accomodations to stay.

They leave their governors to embezzle their state funds while burdening Lagos state government.

And then they come online to join in the mockery of Lagos state as dirty city.

What did you expect?

Most of the people flooding into Lagos aren't even in the taxable bracket. So I wonder what they are bringing with them.

So, speak all the grammar you want, the truth will always be the truth.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Originalsly: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2021
ednut1:

they have a drainage system tho. What we have is gutter to gutter linking to Canada

Isn't gutter to gutter to a form of drainage system? Or must we have underground sewer system before we can call it a drainage system?
6 hours of rain in any sea level city .... such as New York City will cause flooding. New York City has an excellent drainage system... well maintained ... and yet with two hours of rainfall... flash floods everywhere. No doubt... if the drains here were not clogged the water will drain faster... but would not prevent flooding. What do you expect when people are allowed to build in a flood prone area?

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by clarocuzioo(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
ekestic1976:

Take a chill, Bros. Even some of the European megacities are often flooded. There's no big deal about that, especially if the city is not much higher than the Sea Level. Some semi-literate minds in Geography and Oceanography wouldn't know this. Flooding isn't always caused by filth and unplanned landscape. Even then, show me which city is planned or is better than Lagos in Nigeria.

Lagos has no urban planning
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by CUMIN: 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
wunmi590:

And we have federal rep who is a speaker that comes from that surulere....

Only God can save nigeria

Rubber stamp reps
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Cmjarg(m): 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
When former Lagos State government put a stop on last Saturday of months sanitation so you should expect flood every part of lagos
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by wunmi590(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

Funny enough, he was around Ojuelegba axis some weeks ago to come eat amala. He said he's only around to come see how things is going and check the locale...

That's by the way, the drainages need to maintained collectively and not just expecting some semi-dead beat government to come down and do that.

Can you imagine, chop amala with their money...

Honestly, is not as easy as I want to say it, but at least if the lanlord in that area can collectively contribute money and do somethings the government have abandoned, nah then go enjoy am las las...
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by wunmi590(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
CUMIN:

Rubber stamp reps

Nah real rubber stamp speaker cheesy
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
nowhere:
Same way FG ignored other states while developing Lagos.

What a lame response.

Can you list exactly how and when the Federal government developed Lagos.

So it's no longer the Igbos that developed Lagos, it is now the federal government?

You've got jokes.

Your own state governors don't collect monthly allocation cum security votes from the center right?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
wunmi590:

Can you imagine, chop amala with their money...

Honestly, is not as easy as I want to say it, but at least if the lanlord in that area can collectively contribute money and do somethings the government have abandoned, nah then go enjoy am las las...
Exactly.

I'm afraid, the seemingly absence of maintenance culture/I don't care attitude may likely spell doom at the end for most Nigerians
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Emeka71(m): 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2021
Whoyoo08:
Motion won't be easy
Says who¿
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by liasmiram2567: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
wunmi590:

And we have federal rep who is a speaker that comes from that surulere....

Only God can save nigeria

Hey man , Hon Gbajabiamila represents Surulere constituency 1 and Ijeshatedo is in Constituency 2.The representative is Hon.Soyinka(Pdp). It should be noted that those streets should normally be taken care if by the itire/Ikate LCDA
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by TheMostComplex1: 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
Prodigee:
The worst disaster in this part of the world is the humans! Check the drainages and na pure water nylon, plastic bottles and all sorts of trash go full am. Why flooding no go happen.

Exactly they will fill the gutters with garbage & build on the drainage systems & expect govt to do magic. Na them dey suffer the thing.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by wunmi590(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
liasmiram2567:

Hey man , Hon Gbajabiamila represents Surulere constituency 1 and Ijeshatedo is in Constituency 2.The representative is Hon.Soyinka(Pdp). It should be noted that those streets should normally be taken care if by the itire/Ikate LCDA

Oga, don't be too emotional with your comment...

He is the speaker and he can call them to order, even at that, they are all friends politically, party is just what differentiate them...

As long as surulere is concern gbaja is the number 1 person 1 surulere...
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lagos will always be flooded due to. Its topography. The coastal status of the state too.. The land is below the sea level and water can't find its way into the sea kos of its regressive landscape.
Coupled with the human factors like improper drainage patterns, blocking of canals with buildings and roads.. All. These will. Make water to be stagnant until the sun evaporate it away...
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by wunmi590(m): 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

Exactly.

I'm afraid, the seemingly absence of maintenance culture/I don't care attitude may likely spell doom at the end for most Nigerians

You are right about the lack of maintenance culture of some Nigerian...

But I have cone to understand that, if people do things with their money, they tend to take care of it more...

Believe me, if the lanlord can contribute and maintain the areas and eradicate the flood by getting drainage they would maintain it more better....

If you are conversant with Lekki, that's what most of the lanlords in the street does and it pays off
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Kingsean(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
A stupid man was caught wanking publicly today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrQdltcd2pQ
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Franklyspeakin: 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
Is this not under Joe ibokwe the noise maker?
Revolva:
Ijeshatedo residents battled heavy floods this morning after a 6-hour rainfall submerged various parts of the community.

The streets affected were mostly, ilamoye street,omolabanke street, and doyin oyeduro street, and a host of nearby streets, which were swept by the early morning rainfall that led to the floods and could be observed and verified that the major cause of the water on the streets was due to the bad drainage system and the bad road network which the itire ikate LCDA has failed to upgrade and put in proper conditions, also resulting in too many bad roads in the LCDA .

The rain also forced many residents to stay indoors, as the streets have been totally flooded and residents could not move out without entering the dirty waters to get across, so as to get to their destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QI1K3HAYc
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Franklyspeakin: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
Franklyspeakin:
Is this not under Joe ibokwe the noise maker?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
You can't deny it. Lagos isn't the only Yoruba land ...why are others not attractive? Abi na only Lagos get water bodies? Put Fed might down East and South South and watch. Your case is having your cake and eating it too!
TripleOh7:

What a lame response.

Can you list exactly how and when the Federal government developed Lagos.

So it's no longer the Igbos that developed Lagos, it is now the federal government?

You've got jokes.

Your own state governors don't collect monthly allocation cum security votes from the center right?
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Heavengained1: 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2021
I went to Amowo dofin to get some stuff today. What my car went through , it's only a miracle that it followed me home. Never ever experienced such flooding and daring to drive through it. Only God's mercy saved me.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
wunmi590:

You are right about the lack of maintenance culture of some Nigerian...

But I have cone to understand that, if people do things with their money, they tend to take care of it more...

Believe me, if the lanlord can contribute and maintain the areas and eradicate the flood by getting drainage they would maintain it more better....

If you are conversant with Lekki, that's what most of the lanlords in the street does and it pays off
Your second paragraph is spot on but I guess some folks over there are waiting for Joe Igbokwe or better Femi to come do something for them.

I really hope the few sensible ones will take cue from those one at Lekki.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by WarriAproko: 10:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
Nigeria drainage system is so bad. No underground
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by wunmi590(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:

Your second paragraph is spot on but I guess some folks over there are waiting for Joe Igbokwe or better Femi to come do something for them.

I really hope the few sensible ones will take cue from those one at Lekki.

cool
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by fredoooooo: 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Keep litering the drianages and keep blaming the government...

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by PAWG(m): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lagos Mainland needs to be sanitized and about 40% of the structures demolished.

Lagos Mainland and parts of the island are too clustered, unfortunately if you try to do the right thing they’ll hunt you till you leave the face of the earth.

It’s a pity they’ll never get a governor with the balls to do it. Till then, this shit will keep happening.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by ogelekpomgam(m): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
Prodigee:
The worst disaster in this part of the world is the humans! Check the drainages and na pure water nylon, plastic bottles and all sorts of trash go full am. Why flooding no go happen.
Well.possibly true.buh Lagos State is surrounded by water..kinda island.the water table is close to the ground surface.So you can easily experience flooding.. specially around lekki axis.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Origin(f): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
When last did we do sanitation...

A woman went to court and a judge ordered that the Saturday sanitation be cancelled.

And I can assure u that everyone has not done their part willing in their society.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by louso(m): 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
seguno2:

All the money received from us by those in government is for what please?
For looting and sharing only

Because u pay tax(es) does that mean u should degrade your environment? The Govt of Lagos is trying with d PSP(LAWMA) Initiative. But regressive pple like u supporting ills in the society will never let this country go.

If u traveled abroad, cld u say because u pay tax u can mess up d environment? Orderliness starts with the mindset of us caring for our environment and OTHERS(PEOPLE).

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
nowhere:
You can't deny it. Lagos isn't the only Yoruba land ...why are others not attractive? Abi na only Lagos get water bodies? Put Fed might down East and South South and watch. Your case is having your cake and eating it too!

Why are others not attractive

Yeye.

How many other Yoruba states have you actually been to?

Maybe you should leave home and travel a bit.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
I dey Ontario.
TripleOh7:

Why are others not attractive

Yeye.

How many other Yoruba states have you actually been to?

Maybe you should leave home and travel a bit.
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by History555: 12:17am On Jun 27, 2021
TripleOh7:

My points remain valid.

Lagos has the smallest landmass of all the 36 states in the federation but has the largest population of over 20 million humans without counting dogs, cats, witches and wizards.

People leave their states and regions and migrate without having any job or accomodations to stay.

They leave their governors to embezzle their state funds while burdening Lagos state government.

And then they come online to join in the mockery of Lagos state as dirty city.

What did you expect?

Most of the people flooding into Lagos aren't even in the taxable bracket. So I wonder what they are bringing with them.

So, speak all the grammar you want, the truth will always be the truth.

You wrote absolute rubbish. How hard is it to build closed drainage. How will people drop refuse in closed drainage. Till today lagos state govt is still building roads with open drainage. How hard is it to build closed drainage system
Re: Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) by seguno2: 1:09am On Jun 27, 2021
louso:
Because u pay tax(es) does that mean u should degrade your environment? The Govt of Lagos is trying with d PSP(LAWMA) Initiative. But regressive pple like u supporting ills in the society will never let this country go.

If u traveled abroad, cld u say because u pay tax u can mess up d environment? Orderliness starts with the mindset of us caring for our environment and OTHERS(PEOPLE).

The government has the responsibility to make it illegal/unattractive with appropriate penalties/fines for anyone to degrade the environment. Do you get that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Why Bringing A Spouse Abroad Goes Wrong / Photo Of Keke Carrying A Big Water Tank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.