Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? (1314 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2021
12rev:

What of animals? Do they fall sick and die? Do they suffer hunger also? Anyway through Genesis 1 properly, youl realise it is...for instance check Gen 1:3-5 and compare with Gen 1:14-19. The sun, moon etc were created on the 4th day, what light was created on the first day in verse 3-5? How does a day exist without the sun? What was morning, evening, night before the 4th day? Again in Gen 3:23-24 man was driven from the garden of Eden, andGod put an angel to guard the tree of life...where exactly is this? Or did God uproot the tree of life from earth?... Its all a metaphor actually.

Complete Departure from Post.

Nothing here is about sick animals and moon but Adam and Eve not eating that which was forbidden.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by OkCornel(m): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2021
The story of Adam & Eve eating the forbidden fruit becomes real when you view this from the lense of decision making, rather than just seeing it only as an event that happened at a point in time.

Ask yourself what your present reality would be if you made the right decisions consistently.

It would be hypocritical to blame Adam & Eve bearing in mind that every passing day we’re faced with decisions to make and at times we do make wrong decisions that impacts us and those we love or are associated with us adversely as well.

We’ve made mistakes, we’ve made wrong decisions wilfully or ignorantly…so cut Adam & Eve some slack and focus on improving yourself in making the right decisions consistently to improve your future reality…

Shalom…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by hybrid11(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2021
orisa37:

The world will be as God valued it. Light, Goodness and Life will progress by THE WILL OF GOD.
Then why did He(GOD) put the forbidden fruit there

1 Like

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Kriss216: 11:54am On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

Kriss! On a Sunday!!! cheesy

Onwehu ihe m g'ekwu lipsrsealed
Yes Mariah, on a Sunday. cheesy

Kedu kà idi nwanyi oma?

2 Likes

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by OkCornel(m): 11:55am On Jun 27, 2021
hybrid11:

Same reason you’re faced with decisions to make everyday, and you’re required to do the right thing or the wrong thing.

It’s there for a choice to be made, and test their faithfulness to laid down instructions.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by budaatum: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
hybrid11:

Wrong question.

Why did some people write in a book that God put the tree there and then forbade it to be eaten?

Perhaps seek the answer here. If you understand why some are made almanjeri, you might see what was being done.

1 Like

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by mariahAngel(f): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:

Yes Mariah, on a Sunday. cheesy

Kedu kà idi nwanyi oma?

A di'm nke oma. smiley

Happy Sunday.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
A whole lot.

*No sickness.

*No death.

*No pain.

*No hunger.

*No worries.

*No accidents.

*No lust.

*No pride.

*No lack.

*No deformity.

*No aging.

*No natural disasters.

*Many more.

Everything would be just how God made and intended it to be in the beginning. Very good!

Adam and Eve would have reaped the reward for overcoming the temptations of the devil and not falling into sin.

One of such would have been access to the tree of knowledge because they had passed the test.

They would have retained their position as the rulers over the Earth and everything creature that God made in the beginning. Everything would still be subject to their authority.

However they did eat of it in disobedience to God's Word, and the rest as they say, is history.

But all hope is not lost because there's still heaven to make up for the loss, so ensure that you don't miss out on that.

God bless.
*Please, Just where in the Bible did you get all these?
As far as I can tell, Adult who are naked and don't know so, adult who couldn't reason on their own are either robots or nonentities or worse corpses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Kriss216: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

A di'm nke oma. smiley

Happy Sunday.
Thanks mariah.

Wish you same.

Be good.

1 Like

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Nothing here is about sick animals and moon but Adam and Eve not eating that which was forbidden.
Another error. Do you call "A Choice Handed to you" a forbidden? Adam and Eve where given a Choice to either take or Leave it.
*If God didn't want them to have that fruit, He shouldn't have kept it there.
1-Leaving it there,
2-Telling them not to take it because if they do, will surely die, Was just all a Choice and a disclaimer notice to them. Remember after eaten the fruit, In Gen:3:22, God confirmed that, Adam & Eve are now like them. This means, prior to eating the fruit, they were not like God. How can you be God if you are naked and you couldn't realise it? How can you be God and have such a dull mind? Please avoid reading the bible with preconceived ideas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by bolaayenimo: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
i agree with you totally. another woman would have eaten it
tillaman:
Another woman go still chop am
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Its about "adam" and "eve" right?
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by budaatum: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

Another error. Do you call "A Choice Handed to you" a forbidden? Adam and Eve where given a Choice to either take or Leave it.
*If God didn't want them to have that fruit, He shouldn't have kept it there.
1-Leaving it there,
2-Telling them not to take it because if they do, will surely die, Was just all a Choice and a disclaimer notice to them. Remember after eaten the fruit, In Gen:3:22, God confirmed that, Adam & Eve are now like them. This means, prior to eating the fruit, they were not like God. How can you be God if you are naked and you couldn't realise it? How can you be God and have such a dull mind? Please avoid reading the bible with preconceived ideas.

You delight me immensely. It's people like you that give me hope that the eyes of we Nigerians will someday open en masse and we will become like Gods. And when that day comes, we will say, "Let there be Light", and there will indeed be enLightenment, and Nigeria will not suffer another power cut of darkness ever again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
budaatum:

You delight me immensely. It's people like you that give me hope that the eyes of we Nigerians will someday open en masse and we will become like Gods. And when that day comes, we will say, "Let there be Light", and there will indeed be enLightenment, and Nigeria will not suffer another power cut of darkness ever again.
Likewise you. Your kind words[more like Prophecy] and willingness to agree with truths also give Me hope for a better Nigeria. Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by budaatum: 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

As far as I can tell, Adult who are naked and don't know so, adult who couldn't reason on their own are either robots or nonentities or worse corpses.

In fact, not eating the fruits of knowledge is indeed what kills.

Those who truly eat the flesh of Christ and who drink Christ's blood do not merely believe they eat the flesh and blood of Christ, they know they are consuming the knowledge and understanding of Christ's teachings with their eyes and all their senses and so do they gain wisdom.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
budaatum:

In fact, not eating the fruits of knowledge is indeed what kills.

Those who truly eat the flesh of Christ and who drink Christ's blood do not merely believe they eat the flesh and blood of Christ, they know they are consuming the knowledge and understanding of Christ's teachings with their eyes and all their senses and so do they gain wisdom.
I'm glad you could also see that, those who are busy lambasting Adam & Eve for eating the fruit are busy doing the same thing almost everyday. Adam and Eve ate and became enlightened. Believers listened to God's word and believe it. This gives them wisdom as correctly said.
Adam and Eve ate the fruit to become like God thereby denying themselves of their luxury in Eden. Christ denied His luxury in heaven came down on earth as a man for mankind. Achieving anything is guided by the Law of Sacrifice. Do you want this? If yes? What are you ready to let Go? Christ let Go of His Glory; Adam & Eve led Go of Their Luxury in Eden. Jesus said in Mark :8:35, " if anyone wants to save his live, he must first lose it..."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by budaatum: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

I glad you could also see that, those who are busy lambasting Adam & Eve for eating the fruit are busy doing the same thing almost everyday. Adam and Eve ate and became enlightened. Believers listened to God's word and believe it. This gives them wisdom as correctly said.
Adam and Eve ate the fruit to become like God thereby denying themselves of their luxury in Eden. Christ denied His luxury in heaven came down on earth as a man for mankind. Achieving anything is guided by the Law of Sacrifice. Do you want this? If yes? What are you ready to let Go? Christ let Go of His Glory; Adam & Eve led Go of Their Luxury in Eden. Jesus said in Mark :8:35, " if anyone wants to save his live, he must first lose it..."

We must lose our ill-conceived beliefs and misconceptions and become as little children, as in without preconceived ideas and beliefs, in order to see and gain understanding.

Never tire, please, nor rest from teaching the Kingdom of God. The Lord oils your Lamp so your Light glows so brightly, and those with eyes opened by Christ clearly see it!
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

Another error. Do you call "A Choice Handed to you" a forbidden?, ..

Na wah oh, Another Deviation from Post!

We are not talking about my calling that which was forbidden, "forbidden"
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
12rev:

Its about "adam" and "eve" right?

Including the words "not eating the forbidden fruit"
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

That means your knowledge is ignorance in Truth, for true knowledge comes with the obedience of God's Word.

John 8:31-32 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So do not expect to be able to know and comprehend this Truth unless you begin to keep God's Word.

God bless.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

" Goodness!!! I can't see any confusion here". If the Fruit was "" Forbidden "", then even listening to God's word and believing it is also forbidden.
If I did deviate again, please be so kind to enlighten Me if it's not too much to ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
That means your knowledge is ignorance in Truth, for true knowledge comes with the obedience of God's Word.

John 8:31-32 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So do not expect to be able to know and comprehend this Truth unless you begin to keep God's Word.

God bless.
*You called what you don't understand Truth? Just what's the bible to you? Some novel, story book or magazine? Common you are better than this?
*What are your criteria to measure or pinpoint one who keeps God's word please?
Again, if you feel I'm off the truth, I would be pleased to be educated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

" Goodness!!! I can't see any confusion here". If the Fruit was "" Forbidden "", then even listening to God's word and believing it is also forbidden.
If I did deviate again, please be so kind to enlighten Me if it's not too much to ask.

The word "Here" in reference to my recent statement to another which you have taken up makes me take notice of your interest in the words "Forbidden". cheesy

Re Cabble4:Do you call "A Choice Handed to you" a forbidden?,

Google defines the word forbidden as forbidden
/fəˈbɪd(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
not allowed; banned.

I am sure you know that.

So what is Wrong here? Is it my saying the word "forbidden"? Would it have been better if I had said "Prohibited"?
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If there was no eden in reality there was no adam or eve or forbidden fruit. Again its more of an allegory than reality. There should be no question of "what if adam didnt..."
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
12rev:

If there was no eden in reality there was no adam or eve or forbidden fruit.

"If", as you said.

12rev:

Again its more of an allegory than reality. There should be no question of "what if adam didnt..."

You do have the power to say whatever you want.

Obviously, this thread which you created is not going in the direction you desired it to go.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cabble4:

*You called what you don't understand Truth? Just what's the bible to you? Some novel, story book or magazine? Common you are better than this?
*What are your criteria to measure or pinpoint one who keeps God's word please?
Again, if you feel I'm off the truth, I would be pleased to be educated.
You've already proven me right with your other comments here, because out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Like 6:45

I've already told you what you need to do come to the knowledge of the Truth, so it's up to you to either take or leave it.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by orisa37: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
hybrid11:

It's natural Tradition for a Father to tell a Child what to touch and what not to touch. That's Training, Instruction, Direction and Discernment for imparting wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. The Laws of FAITH HOPE PEACE AND LOVE emanated from such ORDERS. BUT OUR SILLY EVE AND ADAM FROLICKED WITH SATAN SERPENT TO TOUCH THE FRUIT AT THE CENTER THEREBY LOOSING SENSES OF FAITH HOPE PEACE AND LOVE IN THE ONE WHO PUT THEM IN THE GARDEN IN THE BEGINNING AND THERE BY BITING THE FINGERS THAT FED THEM .

GLORY TO GOD. HONOUR TO JESUS. EXCELLENCE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by orisa37: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
hybrid11:

It's natural Tradition for a Father to tell a Child what to touch and what not to touch. That's Training, Instruction, Direction and Discernment for imparting wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding. The Laws of FAITH HOPE PEACE AND LOVE emanated from such ORDERS. BUT OUR SILLY EVE AND ADAM FROLICKED WITH SATAN SERPENT TO TOUCH THE FRUIT AT THE CENTER THEREBY LOOSING SENSES OF FAITH HOPE PEACE AND LOVE IN THE ONE WHO PUT THEM IN THE GARDEN IN THE BEGINNING AND THERE BY BITING THE FINGERS THAT FED THEM .

GLORY TO GOD. HONOUR TO JESUS. EXCELLENCE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.

From Orunto27.
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Cabble4(m): 11:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You've already proven me right with your other comments here, because out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Like 6:45

I've already told you what you need to do come to the knowledge of the Truth, so it's up to you to either take or leave it.
You are just being invasive and trust Me, anyone with such an attitude lacks a logical defence. You think you know the truth, but actually, you know quite the opposite. I gave you My view. Give Me yours to prove Me wrong. However, you couldn't. You can't even defend the truth you claim to know? What a shame. And you are one of the people misleading innocent ones with misguided ideas. You think the bible is your jotters or news papers?
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2021
tillaman:
Another woman go still chop am
But the command was given to the man and not the woman in Genesis 2 vs 15 - 17. And it wasn't until after Adam fell that their eyes were opened. undecided
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
12rev:
What if adam and eve story is only a metaphor
What if it is not a "metaphor"? undecided
Re: How Will The World Be Like If Adam And Eve Hadn't Eaten The Forbidden Fruit? by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2021
Uyi168:
Q:How did the serpent/devil know that Adam and Eve were not to eat of the forbidden fruit??

Me:if u know, you know. wink
Well, the story doesn't tell us that it was secret knowledge. Also, the animals where created before man was, so it was likely not a secret to those in the animal Kingdom at least. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Original Manuscript Of The New Testament Lost? / Who Is Allah's Partner In Sura 5:46? / Psalm 110:1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.