Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please (1202 Views)

Why God Allow Adam And Eve To Err In The Garden / Did God Want Adam And Eve To Eat The Forbidden Fruit? The Answer Is Yes / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
OkCornel:

Perhaps…

Read what God (the Elohim) said in Genesis 3 v 22;
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

With this verse I can deduce that God didn't want them to live forever initially.

But I read Pastor Andrew Wommack's book where he said that the reason GOD sent Adam and Eve back to the dust was because the sin they committed changed the nature of God in them there by exposing them to sickness, diseases and painful ageing.

He said God had to send them out of Eden because he didn't want them to take that tree of life with their fallen nature. He said had they allowed to take that tree of life with that fallen nature that means they would have lived forever in diseases.

That means those with cancer, kidney diseases, diabetes etc today would continue to live with those diseases forever had our first parent taken that tree of life after the fall. He said that would amount to eternal torment in the flesh, so that was the reason God had to stop them before they get hold of the tree of life and pronounced they shall go back to dust.

So many theology. We shall know everything when we see God at last.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hanibbal:

Why not choose, before then, to dump all the theology(lies), focusing instead on learning and comprehending that which is written as it is? undecided
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Hanibbal(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Why not choose, before then, to dump all the theology(lies), focusing instead on learning and comprehending that which is written as it is? undecided

Your Wahala too much I swear. Trouble maker grin

1 Like

Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hanibbal:

Your Wahala too much I swear. Trouble maker grin
What is wahala about that? undecided

You yourself admit say all the theology wey you don dey gorge yourself on since you were a kid, na all lies. Why is telling you to dump it all, so you can finally start trusting God and God alone in this , too much? undecided
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2021
The answer to your question is there in the Bible book of Genesis chapter 1:26-28

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

As the only creature in the image of the Creator man will continue to expand the gardens of Eden until the whole is filled with gardens of different kinds each having all the animals belonging to each couple exactly the way Adam and Eve possessed Eden. So when the whole earth is filled then the owner who blessed them and gave them the potency to continue multiplying will stop them from reproducing after all sex is enjoyable so instead of contemplating pregnancy they'll just continue living as youths all their lives. The main reason why everyone wants to have children today is because they know they're going to die.
The Bible didn't reveal to us how long Adam and Eve have been living in that garden before they ate the forbidden fruit. God said "the very day they eat of that fruit they will die" {Genesis 2:17} and no human lived up to 1,000 years which is the equivalent of a day before God {2Peter 3:18} definitely it was the very day Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit that time became relevant otherwise we wouldn't have the need for timing after all nothing is going to happen!

So if Adam and Eve never ate from the forbidden fruit the population of the earth will be slow as each couple will like to enjoy their sex life for a long period of time before thinking of raising a child! Genesis 5:32 smiley
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by OkCornel(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hanibbal:

With this verse I can deduce that God didn't want them to live forever initially.

But I read Pastor Andrew Wommack's book where he said that the reason GOD sent Adam and Eve back to the dust was because the sin they committed changed the nature of God in them there by exposing them to sickness, diseases and painful ageing.

He said God had to send them out of Eden because he didn't want them to take that tree of life with their fallen nature. He said had they allowed to take that tree of life with that fallen nature that means they would have lived forever in diseases.

That means those with cancer, kidney diseases, diabetes etc today would continue to live with those diseases forever had our first parent taken that tree of life after the fall. He said that would amount to eternal torment in the flesh, so that was the reason God had to stop them before they get hold of the tree of life and pronounced they shall go back to dust.

Well from what I can see in that verse, Adam & Eve died because they didn’t eat from the tree of life.

See how the Elohim freaked out and chased them from the garden. Why? Because they didn’t want Adam & Eve to eat from that tree and live forever.
Re: Did GOD Initially Want Adam and Eve To Live Forever? I Need Answers Please by sonmvayina(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
The answer to your question is there in the Bible book of Genesis chapter 1:26-28

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I have copied MaxInDHouse quote. I want to draw our attention to one word (bold). That Replenish. Except that word has lost its meaning. I think God never intended man to live forever on earth. I mean what would have been the purpose of life without death?
Life and death are the brothers of the same parents. Or the two sides of a coin. One can not exist without the other, but at the end it will dissolve into its earliest form.

I have said it here time and time again. Trying to make sense of spiritual stories is furtile. We are expected to learn the messages they contain.
The Adam and Eve story is a recast of an earlier Babylonian epic. It is just a story of how man forfeited the chance to dwell indefinitely on earth. Every society has one..

God punished them because they refused to take responsibility for their action. Exactly what the serpent said was going to happen is what happened..

So in my opinion. It is/was God's plan all along..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Something Strange / God: Does He Really Care? / Is Wealth A Result Of Hard Work Or Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.