Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,464 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land (32284 Views)

Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Buhari, Bandits Are Taking Over Here - Punch Editorial / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Skillsnigeria: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2021
Hunger dey land o
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Yankee101: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2021
Not looming, already here

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2021
Looming? The hunger is already here.

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2021
Buhari ko de ni daa fun e o.

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by shegzhkn: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2021
hmmm
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Plut01: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2021
SLAP44:
Which hunger?

When a section of the country have already eaten up all the grasses in their region grin

Stay There Shouting Hunger while your neighbors are mowing down a whole bush nearby.

I dieeeeeee!!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by History555: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2021
Gubularaska:
1983-84 dismman carry hunger come. 2015 -2021 e carry hunger pro-max come. 2021 -2023 dem say make Nigerians expect hunger pro-max plus.

Let sombori chant sai baba.

Sai baba.
Hunger does not know apc or pdp
Hunger does not know lgbo or yoruba
Hunger does not know xtain or muslim
Inflation does not care if you are bmc or not

Strangely if apc/pdp seller will sell his produce at the same price to pdp and apc buyers. If u dare mention sai baba na we we. He will reply sai baba kee u there. Na on top my market u wan do sai baba. Thunda fire you. Everyone come see this oloshi. Ole

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:46am On Jun 27, 2021
Thunder fire punch there!

Ogun kill all of una together.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Gubularaska: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2021
History555:

Sai baba.
Hunger does not know apc or pdp
Hunger does not know lgbo or yoruba
Hunger does not know xtain or muslim
Inflation does not care if you are bmc or not

Strangely if apc/pdp seller will sell his produce at the same price to pdp and apc buyers. If u dare mention sai baba na we we. He will reply sai baba kee u there. Na on top my market u wan do sai baba. Thunda fire you. Everyone come see this oloshi. Ole

Who pour water for stone, na e self e do. I nor go spray you perfume cos who spray he-goat perfume waste am. You know why?

The he - goat go still smell. I nor go insult you cos you don already tell me who you be with your come back in x7 mode.

Abeg help me ask that your village champion thunder if e don baff and chop today. Cos fowl is now expensive grin grin grin

Carry on. You are doing Well. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Elbinawi: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2021
There is looming hunger in the land - Punch Newspapers https:///6jRWLmu0Ey

Mee:

This is today's Editorial of a prominent Nigerian Newspaper Punch. There is looming hunger and mass starvation in the land. The fact that the present government is totally useless makes things worst.

Nigeria occupied the 10th position in the 2020 Global Hunger Index where countries like Afghanistan, Haiti and Chad prominently featured among the ten hungriest countries of the world.

The rampaging armed banditry has worsen the situation as Farmers in North West and North Central Nigeria can not access their farmlands. Thousands of them are already in the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps.

Pray For Nigeria!

#ElbinawiTweets

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by matm: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2021
And the high rate of giving birth in Nigeria daily is alarming.What will become of Nigeria in terms of food,shelter and employment when litanies of kids we are competitively breeding grow up in the next 15 years?

3 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Lakenaira: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2021
Splitmind:
FAKE NEWS, not only Loom, MMM undecided

Jobless lots, don't go and find work.
mumu

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Wapchrist1(m): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2021
My Sister score 310 in jamb but she dont seem intelligent to me and she want to study nursing should i sponsor her and i want her to repeat SS2 , i need advice

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by udemzyudex(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2021
Sapa dey
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by discusant: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Nigeria houses the largest poorest and most hungry people on earth, despite reaping close to a trillion dollars from crude oil sales in 50 years.
Yet, for the sake of crude oil in the south of Nigeria, Buhari and his Fulani are using the armed forces to decimate Igbo youths in the east in the name of looking for IPOB separatists. Buhari clan is creating new IDPs in Igbo land with the use of the armed forces.

Venezuela is awash with crude oil, yet Venezuela is a Banana republic.

Switzerland is a landlocked country with no mineral resources, yet Switzerland is the richest country in Europe.

5 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by velocity25(m): 11:52am On Jun 27, 2021
All the zombies that voted this failure must die for hunger.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:53am On Jun 27, 2021
All thanks to presidency and the hypocrisy of the the Northern hemisphere. Spits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Arthurity1(m): 11:53am On Jun 27, 2021
Monogamy:

An editorial with solution proffering.. This is the kind of an editorial Nigeria media should focus on not all this blame game.

Nice one
They have been proffering solutions for decades now, have they been listening? Now, with this one, be honest with yourself, do you think they'd listen?

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Brushstrokes20: 11:54am On Jun 27, 2021
The diabolic tactics of the nepotic, redundant coupist is # IMPOVERISH AND RULE...

But then, agunmaniye and cohorts won't end well!

Useless govt of self serving THIEVES and blood thirsty TERRORISTS... the shit hole is on a cliff edge!
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Davyyd1993: 11:54am On Jun 27, 2021
This is absolutely getting too high in the land. Tomatoes and pepper can't be afforded like before. All commodities are now times two of before?
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Israel07: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2021
Wapchrist1:
My Sister score 310 in jamb but she dont seem intelligent to me and she want to study nursing should i sponsor her and i want her to repeat SS2 , i need advice

You're purely evil! God blessed ur acclaimed sister with 310 Jamb score that's dream of many n she's aiming for a course as prestigious as Nursing n u come to tell us she doesn't seem intelligent to you. Who tf are you? What's ur damn qualification for u to put urself in that position of being critic of her success. To top it all u want her to repeat SS2. Chai! You're evil!! She's not ur sister, someone should should trace this god forsaken animal. Tuueh!
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:58am On Jun 27, 2021
Those of us who are single cannot visit friends or some old neighborhood any more. People will so tax you.... I gave a (single mom) woman N500 in mararaba- an outskirts of Abuja last week. All of a sudden, I saw the woman sobbing. When I inquired, she said that I won't understand; that this money worth more than gold, that she has only N300 in her whole life and was wondering what to buy with it. I added another N500 for her and walked away b4 she caused a scene.
When I got home that day, I was traumatised. Because most of the people I had a contact with that same day had a lot in common:hungry-looking and hell.

I don't know but, if this insecurities is created as a prerequisite for 2023 election then we're in for a long ride, and I can say that our politics or politics with an old-man-in-power is the worst thing. This is because the oldmen understands nigerians well and can use our common cause against us.

I never knew that the border close in the south had a deeper meaning.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by 77up(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2021
Igbofirstfarmer:
The youths should be empowered through agriculture.
....in the presence of Wakili abi sad
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2021
Is It Your Hunger. Did you hear or see the Zombies complaining of hunger??......

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
But but but..

They lifted 100 million Nigerians out of poverty

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by bolacode: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
That's what happens when dullards run a nation

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by tnerro1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
Igbofirstfarmer:
The youths should be empowered through agriculture.

Only if Buhari’s brothers will allow them to farm in peace, they want the land for open grazing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Fayemi Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn NNPP Logo, Red Caps In Kano, Endorse Atiku (Video) / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.