Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land (32284 Views)

Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Buhari, Bandits Are Taking Over Here - Punch Editorial / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Wapchrist1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
Israel07:

You're purely evil! God blessed ur acclaimed sister with 310 Jamb score that's dream of many n she's aiming for a course as prestigious as Nursing n u come to tell us she doesn't seem intelligent to you. Who tf are you? What's ur damn qualification for u to put urself in that position of being critic of her success. To top it all u want her to repeat SS2. Chai! You're evil!! She's not ur sister, someone should should trace this god forsaken animal. Tuueh!

Guy take it easy is advice i want bkos am afraid to sponsor her in Universisty and she wont do well and someone told me about jamb special center am a business man so she is my only sister am thr one going to train her . She dont normally read infact i hardly see her read at night when am bk and she always watch movie and she is not sound in English try to understand me

3 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by lampvoice: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
Sounds like a war principle..

Starve your enemy before attack

Who's thinking what I'm thinking..

Who stopped farmers from going to farm?
Who's attacking kidnapping and killing?

lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by tnerro1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
Someone7:
But but but..

They lifted 100 million Nigerians out of poverty

If you believe that then I have a flyover to sell to you in Adamawa grin
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Image123(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
LOOMING is an understatement, but let me not say something negative sha. It will be well cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by discusant: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
SLAP44:
Which hunger?

When a section of the country have already eaten up all the grasses in their region grin

Stay There Shouting Hunger while your neighbors are mowing down a whole bush nearby.

The billions of dollars Boko Haram insurgency has cost Nigeria is yet to be calculated.

Boko Haram says it’s fighting for a country to be governed with Islamic Sharia criminal laws, the same unconstitutional laws adopted by the political and religious leaders in the 12 northern sharia states beginning 1999-2001.

In 2001, Buhari told a huge crowd of Moslems in Kaduna that he would not stop fighting until Islamic Sharia criminal laws are used in all parts of Nigeria.

Today, Buhari clan is using the armed forces to create new hunger and IDP camps in Igbo land, starting recently in Abia state.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Those of us who are single cannot visit friends or some old neighborhood any more. People will so tax you.... I gave a (single mom) woman N500 in mararaba- an outskirts of Abuja last week. All of a sudden, I saw the woman sobbing. When I inquired, she said that I won't understand; that this money worth more than gold, that she has only N300 in her whole life and was wondering what to buy with it. I added another N500 for her and walked away b4 she caused a scene.
When I got home that day, I was traumatised. Because most of the people I had a contact with that same day had a lot in common:hungry-looking and hell.

I don't know but, if this insecurities is created as a prerequisite for 2023 election then we're in for a long ride, and I can say that our politics or politics with an old-man-in-power is the worst thing. This is because the oldmen understands nigerians well and can use our common cause against us.

I never knew that the border close in the south had a deeper meaning.

We are In the same Category. I recently sent a Token to a family of four on here. Meanwhile welcome to realities of Shiiithole.....

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by WilliamsCOD(m): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
WhatsApp to eCom

In WhatsApp to eCom, I will show you exactly how to convert your WhatsApp to a busy eCommerce, I will be sharing 4-step demonstrative guide on how to convert your WhatsApp to a busy eCommerce store that makes sales every single day.

Dm ASAP
09065180285(WhatsApp only)
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Basher8583: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

Hope Buhari won't close down punch office and withdraw their license for saying the truth

I heard all APC supporters will be feed morning, afternoon and night at IDP so they won't feel the hunger.

Hungry poor man no dey use smart phone. Go and find work to do
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
lampvoice:
Sounds like a war principle..

Starve your enemy before attack

Who's thinking what I'm thinking..

Who stopped farmers from going to farm?
Who's attacking kidnapping and killing?

lipsrsealed

This has always been the master plan of an Archaic Society. Starve them, Impoverish them, Keep them Uneducated, Allow and encourage them to breed like Pigs.....
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by freezyprinzy(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
Wapchrist1:
My Sister score 310 in jamb but she dont seem intelligent to me and she want to study nursing should i sponsor her and i want her to repeat SS2 , i need advice
Return her to primary 6. Ordinary 310

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Omicron007: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
When the politicians and those in government have decided to milk the entire country's resources dry, that's what you get.
Embezzlement of public funds and other forms of corruption have it's domino effect on the well being of the average citizen.
They have been stashing millions and billions of our money in foreign banks over the years. Tell me the tangible result we have achieved after budgeting and borrowing large sums of money to tackle insecurity, provide electricity, improve agricultural output and provide healthcare services.
Let me not even talk about the mismanagement of our major source of income which is crude oil. We have failed to refine a barrel of crude for years now. They have allocated oil blocs to themselves and they come toin the press chanting subsidy up and down.
Then boom, it's election time. They come and dance in their overflowing agbada and share five thousand or even five hundred naira and we vote them for another term of doom.
Tell me why hunger will not continue.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Toks2008(m): 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ishilovebestie:

Boss you can help please,God need to use someone like you to provide for me.

Well unfortunately even if I want to I can't cos of the complexity in transferring money due to new CBN rules.

Not in naija at the moment.

May GOD provide for you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by lexy2014: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Editorial/There-is-looming-hunger-in-the-land

Fake news. This is why we need to regulate news media, social media, abroad media and spiritual media. They are agents of PDP and IPoB trying to destabilize nigerias sovereignty. D govt of buhari has revolutionalised agriculture to d point that we now have food that can last 200million people for d next 20,000years.

cc:
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by CSTRR: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
Under Buhari, Nigeria has reversed a decade of growth.

When I read that article, I almost wept.

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by techWriter2: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
For this your frank clarification in actuality
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by smileyoo: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
bubu is working, based on his own agenda, no sacrifice is too much for it actualization, reason why he insists on the archaic system of open-grazing for troublesome and land-grabbing herdsmen from his tribe.
but these punch guys should realize that nigerians are not even complaining of hunger yet, so they should save us all these wailings.
abeg let bubu continue his good work of teaching nigerians some lessons, on how not to support evils and evil ones.
but he must not fulanize South-east, under whatever disguise, because we are totally against that.
no inch of an ibo land will ever be given to those marauders and terrorists.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Toks2008(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Those of us who are single cannot visit friends or some old neighborhood any more. People will so tax you.... I gave a (single mom) woman N500 in mararaba- an outskirts of Abuja last week. All of a sudden, I saw the woman sobbing. When I inquired, she said that I won't understand; that this money worth more than gold, that she has only N300 in her whole life and was wondering what to buy with it. I added another N500 for her and walked away b4 she caused a scene.
When I got home that day, I was traumatised. Because most of the people I had a contact with that same day had a lot in common:hungry-looking and hell.

I don't know but, if this insecurities is created as a prerequisite for 2023 election then we're in for a long ride, and I can say that our politics or politics with an old-man-in-power is the worst thing. This is because the oldmen understands nigerians well and can use our common cause against us.

I never knew that the border close in the south had a deeper meaning.

This is why I have strong empathy for people struggling to survive... I have passed that road before and I know that nobody is happy to beg for money no matter their real motive.

I pray that Heaven provides for all the needy in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by greenguy: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Only shameless people still support Buhari till now. The handwritten is everywhere, hardship is prevalent in every region, the hunger in the land is real and never like before. Everything seem hopeless.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
No hunger is not looming. Hunger is already here, I went to market with 8k yesterday and could barely buy anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by CSTRR: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2021
Hattbricker:
No hunger is not looming. Hunger is already here, I went to market with 8k yesterday and could barely buy anything.
A sack of garri is N26000.

Fuckkking garri. angry

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Wapchrist1(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
freezyprinzy:
Return her to primary 6. Ordinary 310

She still in SS2 but i called her physics Teacher he said she is not that smart

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Wapchrist1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2021
Wapchrist1:

She still in SS2 but i called her physics Teacher he said she is not that smart
My worry since is Obhective she might mistsky got the score without knowing it

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Gambit23: 12:22pm On Jun 27, 2021
Monogamy:

An editorial with solution proffering.. This is the kind of an editorial Nigeria media should focus on not all this blame game.

Nice one

It is not the duty of Nigerian media houses to offer solutions to ur stupid FG.
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by MartinsD12(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Editorial/There-is-looming-hunger-in-the-land
Ever since buhari took power, hunger in the land increased, this is no longer a new thing, go to the market the prices of food stuffs increasing on daily basis

1 Like

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Gambit23: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Wapchrist1:
My Sister score 310 in jamb but she dont seem intelligent to me and she want to study nursing should i sponsor her and i want her to repeat SS2 , i need advice

Are u well @ all?
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by Funkybabee(f): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Ebi ni o pa iya yin

Stop spreading fake news/vision
Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by CSTRR: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
Toks2008:

This is why I have strong empathy for people struggling to survive... I have passed that road before and I know that nobody is happy to beg for money no matter their real motive.

I pray that Heaven provides for all the needy in Jesus name.
Too many people on the street looking for money.

I saw a young girl on the streets the day before yesterday with a baby on her back, looking tired and tattered.

She came to meet the father of her baby daddy for money, but the old man could not give her shishi.

She saw me looking and came to meet me, and told me that she does not have anything on her to go back home,or even eat.

I had to go and withdraw N3000 from POS and give her.

People dey hunger badly.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by persius555(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2021
There's need for a concerted effort by the southern leaders and governors to embark on a plan to rejig the agricultural policy in the South.

We cannot continue to depend on a crisis ridden north before we eat.

The total ban on open grazing should be passed as a law in all state assembly in the south.
We should attract local and foreign investors to invest in mechanised farming down south.
If Lagos can invest billions in lake rice (kebbi rice farm), the south should muster all resources to start commercial agriculture.

If we don't act on time, very soon, the entire North is going to be bugged down with the terrorism and banditry problem. The implications is that there won't be farm produce to sell in the south.
The south must rid itself of total dependence on the North for food.

Massive hunger is staring us all in the face. This isn't time to play politics.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land by rummmy: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
Those that trekked for Buhari unfortunately can no longer even crawl now.......
Sai baba till 2050....... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Fayemi Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn NNPP Logo, Red Caps In Kano, Endorse Atiku (Video) / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.