Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath (2925 Views)

What Bible Says About The Rich And Powerful Building Doomsday Bunkers (Pics) / Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

No wonder the disciples cried out who then can be saved

The worst part of it is if you break one commandment you have broken all

And after all they had learnt and done, we surely see that they made it for Christ said that they shall be the Judges of Israel.

Thus, in the end, the impossibility we cried out was overcome, even by those who said it was impossible.

So, like them I intend to forge ahead and attempt to obey and fulfill all the Law. I hope you join me.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And after all they had learnt and done, we surely see that they made it for Christ said that they shall be the Judges of Israel.

Thus, in the end, the impossibility we cried out was overcome, even by those who said it was impossible.

So, like them I intend to forge ahead and attempt to obey and fulfill all the Law. I hope you join me.

Yes ooo

Who no like better thing
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
Splinz:

And by your own admission, the example Christ left for us regarding the 4th commandment was keeping the Sabbath not just on any day He feels like but on the ordained seventh-day which is Saturday.

I Agree that this is The Law "Keep All Holy Days, "Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever

And we know forever means "in force and application always and unending."

Splinz:

I don't understand what you mean by "gift".

The Gift of Rest and Peace and Opportunity to See the Goodness and Love of God (Opportunity to Count your Blessings).

There is no rest and peace when work is being done.

Splinz:

Also, since Jesus did not fault the disciples for breaking the law (not that the law was broken),

The Law was not broken for they were Truly At Rest and In the Company of Commander of The Law of Sabbath!

So it was impossible for them to be breaking a Law in His Presence.

So your statement hereunder is a misrepresentation

Splinz:

it shows that what they did was permissible. After all, He is Lord - Master - Owner of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:8 ). By extension, it means certain things are permissible on the Sabbath. For example, cooking to satisfy immediate hunger, and other emergencies.

Love, is The Law and The Law, is Love. Thus, as the healing of the paralytic on the Sabbath day has taught us, The Law is Fulfilled when Good and Love is Done

Bringing and doing Joy, love, happiness and goodness, Never Breaks The Law but full fills it.

Splinz:

Paul couldn't have possibly explained here that the Sabbath is no longer valid, neither did he condemned it. Careless reading will make one think this way.

Now, look at the word in bold and think about Mark 2:27 again, explained above. Can a man decide or judge the Sabbath? Emphatic no! So then, Paul is simply repeating the same thing Christ taught.

Or how could Paul have condemned the Sabbath and then went on to remind us that the Sabbath remains for the people of God? (Hebrews 4:9).

Impossible. Is it no longer a commandment but a free for all, everyone doing as they like?

Perfect and Accurate.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

My friend Saturday Sabbath is any day u want as explained by Jesus and Paul

I have given you a clear meaning

No sir, The Law Expressly said the 7th Day and that This Law lasts Forever.

So as you say that the 10 Commandments are in force, you also say the Law of the 7th Day is in force.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So as you say that the 10 Commandments are in force, you also say the Law of the 7th Day is in force.

Because Jesus arose from the dead on the first day of the week, Sunday, those early Christians called it the "Lord's Day" (Revelation 1:10), and regularly met for their Christian worship on Sunday (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2).

The then Christians meet at the first day of the week and God still moved mightily in them

Should I explain the verse (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2)
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Paul words are clear

Colossians 2:16
Colossians 2:16, NLT: "So don't let anyone condemn you for not celebrating Sabbaths, or
celebrating certain holy days (including Saturday)

The question is why?

Because, you are now a Doer of Love and Goodness, All Day Long, All Week Long, All Month Long and All Year Long!

And the Sabbath is about All Things Good and Right and Loving, so one technically become Mr. Sabbath.

And what is "Sabbath" again?

That which is "Holy".

And The Law is "Be ye Holy as I am Holy"!

Thus, The Law is again Fulfilled.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Splinz(m): 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Because Jesus arose from the dead on the first day of the week, Sunday

Quite an interesting changed of gear. From Jesus (according to you) explaining that you don't have to follow His own example, and Paul telling you that look, you don't have to keep that Sabbath on Saturday but any day you feel like; according to your own impulses. Now, it is because Jesus resurrected on Sunday. Really an interesting storyline.

But of course, we will, together, prove this Jesus Sunday resurrection claim of yours, and hold on to what can be proven, right and true, in line with the scripture. 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

Jesus gave a sign, actually an only sign, that shows that He was the Messiah, and that sign was the sign of Jonah (Matthew 16:4). And what is Jonah's sign? Three days and three nights. In other words, Jesus is saying that just as Jonah was in the whale's belly for three days and three nights, so will it be with His death and resurrection.

Furthermore, He went on to explained how many hours are in a day. He said a day is made up of 12 hours (John 11:29). That means, 12 in a day and another 12 in a night. So going by the sign Jesus gave us, He was to be in the grave for a total of 72 hours, nothing more and nothing less. If He fails this sign the exact way He prophesied it, then He is not our saviour but an imposter; fake. But of course, let God be true and every man a liar (Romans 3:4).

Now, it's time to calculate Jesus sign from your late Friday to early morning burial and resurrection. If going by your tradition that Jesus died on a Friday (late Friday or evening) or what is commonly called "Good Friday" and was buried, kindly calculate, using Jesus definition of a day, the period between Friday evening and early morning Sunday claimed resurrection. Is it up to 3 days and three nights; a total of 72 hours?

If it is not up to 72 hours, then what you have as "Jesus" is an imposter or what is called "another Jesus" (2 Corinthians 11:4, KJV).

And no wonder this Jesus is teaching against God's commandments like the Sabbath law, and also failing the sign of the living Jesus. No wonder!
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Acts 20:7
King James Version
7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

1 Corinthians 16:2, NASB: "On the first day of every week, each of you is to put aside and save as he may prosper, so that no collections need to be made when I come."

1 Corinthians 16:2, NLT: "On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Splinz:

Quite an interesting changed of gear. From Jesus (according to you) explaining that you don't have to follow His own example, and Paul telling you that look, you don't have to keep that Sabbath on Saturday but any day you feel like; according to your own impulses. Now, it is because Jesus resurrected on Sunday. Really an interesting storyline.

But of course, we will, together, prove this Jesus Sunday resurrection claim of yours, and hold on to what can be proven, right and true, in line with the scripture. 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

Jesus gave a sign, actually an only sign, that shows that He was the Messiah, and that sign was the sign of Jonah (Matthew 16:4). And what is Jonah's sign? Three days and three nights. In other words, Jesus is saying that just as Jonah was in the whale's belly for three days and three nights, so will it be with His death and resurrection.

Furthermore, He went on to explained how many hours are in a day. He said a day is made up of 12 hours (John 11:29). That means, 12 in a day and another 12 in a night. So going by the sign Jesus gave us, He was to be in the grave for a total of 72 hours, nothing more and nothing less. If He fails this sign the exact way He prophesied it, then He is not our saviour but an imposter; fake. But of course, let God be true and every man a liar (Romans 3:4).

Now, it's time to calculate Jesus sign from your late Friday to early morning burial and resurrection. If going by your tradition that Jesus died on a Friday (late Friday or evening) or what is commonly called "Good Friday" and was buried, kindly calculate, using Jesus definition of a day, the period between Friday evening and early morning Sunday claimed resurrection. Is it up to 3 days and three nights; a total of 72 hours?

If it is not up to 72 hours, then what you have as "Jesus" is an imposter or what is called "another Jesus" (2 Corinthians 11:4, KJV).

And no wonder this Jesus is teaching against God's commandments like the Sabbath law, and also failing the sign of the living Jesus. No wonder!

because Jesus resurrected on Sunday. Really an interesting storyline.

Answer no

Look at the day they gathered to do church

It says the first day of the week

King James Version
7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight

Paul preach to them on the first day of week they did church that day that Sunday
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2021
The disciples break bread they preached they did church on Sunday

And thunder did not happen

God did not stop them

God is not limited

Any day is acceptable unto the father

You can do church every year if you want
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Because Jesus arose from the dead on the first day of the week, Sunday, those early Christians called it the "Lord's Day" (Revelation 1:10), and regularly met for their Christian worship on Sunday (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:2).

Wrong sir! The Lord Himself, even revered the Sabbath and Observed it.

That was why He Wilfully got back on the day after the Sabbath. which Significantly shows us how that Law is Very Important and must be revered and observed!

Also, Day of The Lord, is Judgment Day -(Zephaniah 1:14-18: Isaiah 13:9-11; Jeremiah 46:10)

Google it and see more all point to Judgement Day!

and not Resurrection Day!
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong sir! The Lord Himself, even revered the Sabbath and Observed it.

That was why He Wilfully got back on the day after the Sabbath. which Significantly shows us how that Law is Very Important and must be revered and observed!

Also, Day of The Lord, is Judgment Day -(Zephaniah 1:14-18: Isaiah 13:9-11; Jeremiah 46:10)

Google it and see more all point to Judgement Day!

and not Resurrection Day!

God did not stop them

God is not limited

Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Splinz(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh Dtruth, you're here. Welcome. Please tell Kingsley more.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
Splinz:

Oh Dtruth, you're here. Welcome. Please tell Kingsley more.

He had said his part

Which I have explained

The people who started Christianity after christ gathered on Sunday to worship eat communion preach and do church on Sunday
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Splinz(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

because Jesus resurrected on Sunday. Really an interesting storyline.

Answer no

Kingsley don't be like this. It's horrible for someone who bears "bishop" as a designation.

Question is: Did Jesus resurrect on Sunday? Yes or No?
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2021
Splinz:

Kingsley don't be like this. It's horrible for someone who bears "bishop" as a designation.

My brother I told you forget about that part I wrote because he resurrected on Sunday

Now I show u why Sunday service is not a sin

King James Version
7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2021
Should I edit that resurrection part I told you neglect it and focus on the day they did church
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God did not stop them

God is not limited

You have changed post here but I believe it is because you are thinking on it, so I'll answer you on this present post.

What you have just described is the very very Great Goodness of God and the DANGER of The Lord.

To think this way is very fatal.

For Cain Murdered, and God did not send down thunder, same for Lamech who Also Murdered and Broke The Law of One Wife.

For this is The Law you should be aware of Ecclesiastics 8:11

Because sentence against an evil work IS NOT EXECUTED SPEEDILY, therefore the hearts of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

Do not be that man who continues in doing that which is wrong simply because "God is Good"!
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2021
Splinz:

The day he resurrected is not the bone of contention let me look at the Scriptures properly and note the day he resurrected

If that your issue
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You have changed post here but I believe it is because you are thinking on it, so I'll answer you on this present post.

What you have just described is the very very Great Goodness of God and the DANGER of The Lord.

To think this way is very fatal.

For Cain Murdered, and God did not send down thunder, same for Lamech who Also Murdered and Broke The Law of One Wife.

For this is The Law you should be aware of Ecclesiastics 8:11

Because sentence against an evil work IS NOT EXECUTED SPEEDILY, therefore the hearts of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."

Do not be that man who continues in doing that which is wrong simply because "God is Good"!

Jesus OK forget about the thunder and iron this part

King James Version
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2021
The point of Sabbath is

Is Sunday worshiping a sin

Answer no

Why no

Because Jesus practiced Sabbath but never gave it as a command

Jesus made us to know it meant to help us in other words any day can be your rest

Paul said no one will judge you on Saturday issues

Christians did church on Sunday

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

He did not say don't forsake Sabbath days
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
God was right when he told the old testament people

I will make a new covenant with my people

All the ten commandment in the old covenant Jesus added to it equally modified it Paul also explained on them and opened up Sabbath up for us clearly

Because some jews were persecuting some new church members on this issue that Jesus clearly said was to work for us not stress us

Paul knew in Jesus there is no special days
Any day is acceptable any day is holy

No animal that God has blessed is unclean

Etc
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Jesus OK forget about the thunder and iron this part

King James Version

First day of the week up to the Sixth day of that week, you have 2 Law full Options

1) To return to your industry and Work eg Commercial farming, Fishing, etc or

2) A day to continue the Labour and Work of Love, Preaching, Testifying about the Goodness of God, Giving alms and all manners of good things.

But on the 7th Day, it is Option 2 Only for regular folks.

But for those who KNOW ABOUT CHRIST AND UNDERSTAND HIS GOAL, Sabbath Never Ever Ends!

That is why you see Paul and the Disciples preaching and Continuing Sabbath on the First Day of the week.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

First day of the week up to the Sixth day of that week, you have 2 Law full Options

1) To return to your industry and Work eg Commercial farming, Fishing, etc or

2) A day to continue the Labour and Work of Love, Preaching, Testifying about the Goodness of God, Giving alms and all manners of good things.

But on the 7th Day, it is Option 2 Only for regular folks.

But for those who KNOW ABOUT CHRIST AND UNDERSTAND HIS GOAL, Sabbath Never Ever Ends!

That is why you see Paul and the Disciples preaching and Continuing Sabbath on the First Day of the week.

Totally out of point

Let me break it down

Now from that scripture we can see they did church on Sunday

Question

Did the disciples commit sin by

Doing church on Sunday first day of the week
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Dtruthspeaker: 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Totally out of point

Let me break it down

Now from that scripture we can see they did church on Sunday

Question

Did the disciples commit sin by

Doing church on Sunday first day of the week

This is the point!

Let me open it further this way.

Is it Law Full to hold Church on the First or the Second or the fifth Day of the week?

I am certain you would say "it is"!

Therefore, it is Law Full to hold Church even on the first, second, third ... of the week if you can have it so.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is the point!

Is it Law Full to hold Church on the First or the Second or the fifth Day of the week?

Therefore, it is Law Full to hold Church even on the first, second, third ... of the week if you can have it so.

So since you agree with me that it not a sin then the case is settled
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is the point!

Good because many Scriptures point to the fact any day is holy

In Christ there is liberty so long that liberty does not lead to sin

Good
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2021
Romans 14:5 — New Living Translation (NLT)

5 In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Splinz(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

My brother I told you forget about that part I wrote because he resurrected on Sunday

Okay. In other word, you agree that Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday. That's fine, though it would have been better with a Yes or No answer. But it's okay.

So the argument has once again changed from "Jesus Sunday resurrection" claimed to "showing how the disciples kept Sunday service".

It's okay. But of course, we will, together, prove it one more time, whether Paul was keeping Sunday service with the brethren.

Bishopkingsley:

Now I show u why Sunday service is not a sin

King James Version

The whole point, actually the tradition of Sunday service or worship, is mostly taken from the bold statement above, which is generally believed that the phrase "break bread" means the disciples were keeping service and eating holy communion on Sunday. As for "preaching" there, except you want to tell me that people who go for what is called "house fellowship" are also keeping Sunday service. Is that so?

Now, let's look at what it means to "break bread". In fact, do a simple google search on it. You'll see that it's neither a religious coinage nor anything sacred. The phrase simply mean to share a meal with a friend or family. As a very good example, attached at the end is a report from Reuters, using the phrase "break bread" to show how former US president, Donald Trump was going for a breakfast with Apple's Chief Executive. Can we say that Trump was going for a holy communion or it was a religious gathering on Sunday?

So what happened in Acts 20:7 is very simple:

1. The disciples were not meeting on Sundays for any supposed Sunday service,

2. Paul met the disciples on the first day of the week, on a Sunday, because he was supposed to travel the next day. And he was preaching and admonishing the people till it gets deep into midnight, the next day. And because they have spent long hours, people were hungry obviously, so food was brought in and they ate together.

In essence, what Paul had with the disciples in Acts 20:7 is likened to a "house fellowship" or a meeting of friends, like what Trump did, where they get to discussed issues of interest, not Sunday service; a religious obligation.

By the way, did you not previously said that the commandment was thrown opened for everyone to do as they wished, worshipping whenever they want? Why Sunday now, a specific day?

You keep changing like the wind. But let he who has ear hear.

1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2021
Splinz:

Okay. In other word, you agree that Jesus did not resurrect on Sunday. That's fine, though it would have been better with a Yes or No answer. But it's okay.

So the argument has once again changed from "Jesus Sunday resurrection" claimed to "showing how the disciples kept Sunday service".

It's okay. But of course, we will, together, prove it one more time, whether Paul was keeping Sunday service with the brethren.

The whole point, actually the tradition of Sunday service or worship, is mostly taken from the bold statement above, which is generally believed that the phrase "break bread" means the disciples were keeping service and eating holy communion on Sunday. As for "preaching" there, except you want to tell me that people who go for what is called "house fellowship" are also keeping Sunday service. Is that so?

Now, let's look at what it means to "break bread". In fact, do a simple google search on it. You'll see that it's neither a religious coinage nor anything sacred. The phrase simply mean to share a meal with a friend or family. As a very good example, attached at the end is a report from Reuters, using the phrase "break bread" to show how former US president, Donald Trump was going for a breakfast with Apple's Chief Executive. Can we say that Trump was going for a holy communion or it was a religious gathering on Sunday?

So what happened in Acts 20:7 is very simple:

1. The disciples were not meeting on Sundays for any supposed Sunday service,

2. Paul met the disciples on the first day of the week, on a Sunday, because he was supposed to travel the next day. And he was preaching and admonishing the people till it gets deep into midnight, the next day. And because they have spent long hours, people were hungry obviously, so food was brought in and they ate together.

In essence, what Paul had with the disciples in Acts 20:7 is likened to a "house fellowship" or a meeting of friends, like what Trump did, where they get to discussed issues of interest, not Sunday service; a religious obligation.

By the way, did you not previously said that the commandment was thrown opened for everyone to do as they wished, worshipping whenever they want? Why Sunday now, a specific day?

You keep changing like the wind. But let he who has ear hear.

Romans 14:5 — New Living Translation (NLT)

5 In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.

That explains everything no day is special

Let me add more

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

He did not say don't forsake Sabbath days

Matthew 18:20 ESV / 22 helpful

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
Re: ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath by Splinz(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

That explains everything no day is special

All I see in you is a man desperately grasping at straws, as each fantasy is debunked one after the other.

I understand your dilemma, honestly I do. I mean supposing you're a bishop truly, who's accustomed to Sunday service man-made tradition, the sheep in your care knowing fully well too, how will you start telling them that look, the Sabbath law must be kept on the seventh-day, Saturday, as kept and instructed by God? The reputational damages and lost such as membership, friends & family, finances etc, can only be imagined.

But like Peter and John:
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye (Acts 4:19)

One wonders why the whole world (deceives by Satan anyway, Rev. 12:9) somehow agrees with nine of God's commandments but vehemently and constantly kicked and rubbish one, the 4th and Sabbath law. What is it about this law that Satan hates so much? What's so special about it? Could it be that it indicts the world of wrongdoing?

I wished you had an idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Cult Founder Tombstone / Pastors Highest Currency Denomination SCAM Exposed! / Does The Bible Really Forbid Women Preachers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.