Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? (25724 Views)

Developing An Action Plan / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Developing Country Scholarships, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
idiot I dnt lack shit in life
Go and comment elsewhere

Oya sorry na, I just dont like religious folks.
I'm happy you lack nothing, can you help my life?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by 1forall: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
kenny714433:
Thanks for the response. I'll do just that. Please are you into cybersecurity?

Nope, but background's slightly related.

Check this out to start with: https://www.beyond20.com/blog/best-cyber-security-certification-path-for-a-great-career/
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
Just pray for grace
If na by hardwork, carpenter suppose be bigman
How? Shey dey go make the furniture come buy am by themselves?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

Oya sorry na, I just dont like religious folks.
I'm happy you lack nothing, can you help my life?
I will not help you gracias

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Draslo(m): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
Hey,

This idea just came to me and I felt that sharing how we are developing ourselves, irrespective of the current economic situations could help those who are confused about the directions of their life to find light, realign their thoughts and get clarity.

I will start by saying I am more digitally skilled, which tilt towards the area of digital marketing space.

I am currently trying to learn graphics design using photoshops and maybe add video editing to it (I have basic knowledge of this).

Why are am I doing this? Well, for the sake of making money with the skill of course, not only in Nigerian Market but in international space because.

So how are you developing yourself in life? Please share and don't forget that you might help those who are lost find clarity on what to do in their life.
Nobody is doing anything for the passion anymore. It's all about the money

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by solofresh(m): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Developing myself by being a member of Side Chicks Association Of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by mekuso89(m): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:
I just don't knw, but personal development seem to be a big task for me. I can't seem to lay my hands properly on anything.

For some years I have been trying to learn some digital skills, but I can't get hold of it. Funny thing is, I have the lappy, the data and the personal space... But for where I still can't make a head way. Even days when I prepare to face it. I end up watching YouTube.

Too bad.
you are not alone. Am going through same

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Mr ATaga chose his faith, maybe that is what he wanted. Who knows? I ve read about that case and i blame Mr Ataga, but then again that might be what he wanted as I read he took drugs also.

How is that incident connected with me? undecided

I was hoping it should be pretty obvious by now, as you read that he took drugs also.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
CamusMidas:

How? Shey dey go make the furniture come buy am by themselves?
I made a harmless comment if you guys are not cool with it
Waka pass
Everyone with his own opinion abeg!
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by solofresh(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
My normal bombing is okay for me

Trying to be a key board warrior or rather lord of keyboard ....

I go chat you up...but you know these days .....the son of man dey dey careful.....make efcc nor go use person shine

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Issues2(m): 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:
I just don't knw, but personal development seem to be a big task for me. I can't seem to lay my hands properly on anything.

For some years I have been trying to learn some digital skills, but I can't get hold of it. Funny thing is, I have the lappy, the data and the personal space... But for where I still can't make a head way. Even days when I prepare to face it. I end up watching YouTube.

Too bad.
You are just like me buddy no passion for digital skills

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
I will not help you gracias

Alright dont be too cocky about it.
Everybody needs some help sometime.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by solofresh(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Develop? Bullshit!! I am staying a drug dealer for life it pays way better.

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Angelacruz: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
U need a tutor
Rich4god:

Too bad.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Achz(m): 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2021
I learnt sports Arbing. Now, am into crypto(60% capable), am also learning Forex. I make a minimum of 8k on a daily basis with Sports Arbitrage alone without mentioning others.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
Casham:
Aswear this is my biggest dream. I just want to retire to one of these Nordic countries or New Zealand, build my little house in the woods or tundra, watch the aurora or the koalas, enjoy the snow or the natural forest, learn some maori or inuit language, and die quietly in a little shire or igloo.

Best wishes, Brother! It’ll happen for you

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
anselm791:

I was hoping it should be pretty obvious by now, as you read that he took drugs also.
But i am a drug dealer i don't take drugs. I just sell em.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
[quote author=solofresh post=103138401][/quote] bite my ass! angry
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by DisuIbrahim(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:

Too bad.
Yeah too bad, I think the issue here is you haven't given yourself enough reasons to focus on that skill, sometimes you just get tired and do things the body needs. You just have to set up daily task for yourself that you must make sure you achieve. one more thing your cycle, if the people you flock with doesn't contribute to your personal growth why not change them, it's not about how cool they are now, it about How your now actions will reflect 5years, 10years, 15years from now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by techWriter2: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2021
I m trying to learn Data Science and also Crypto bourses It s not been easy
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Godsown0: 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
My normal bombing is okay for me

Trying to be a key board warrior or rather lord of keyboard ....

I go chat you up...but you know these days .....the son of man dey dey careful.....make efcc nor go use person shine

Baba how e be na. P.pp suspended dem services. bad for the son of man
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
I made a harmless comment if you guys are not cool with it
Waka pass
Everyone with his own opinion abeg!
Harmless and realistic are two different concepts guy.

There is no space for mediocrity in any choosen profession or career, we have waiter and chef that are richer than most corporate workers, and the reason is not far fetched.

Creating is one thing and marketing is another.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ovis1302(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Rich4god:

Too bad.

Just like me .... but we just have to eat the frog!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Ovis1302(m): 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
Just pray for grace
If na by hardwork, carpenter suppose be bigman
If Seun, Zuckerberg talk like this, you for noh dey answer Paxxcarl for Nairaland and Facebook o.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by anselm791(m): 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
But i am a drug dealer i don't take drugs. I just sell em.

Yeah I know, but people like Chidinma and Ataga buy these drugs and then ruins their lives.
However I understand a man's gotta do what he gotta do to survive, I'm just saying that everything in life is connected.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by DisuIbrahim(m): 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2021
Maryjane001:
I recently got certified on Google, digital marketing precisely.
I have basic knowledge in Copywriting and SEO. Still confused with what to do with my life. Wanted to apply for internship, but they demand years of experience. How can I then practice what I have learnt and be good at it?.
I 'v never been this confused. No laptop so I manage my wacky smartphone.
Sometimes I feel my problem is focus.
Will be a graduate in less than a year, I m so scared already. How do I build myself into a valuable person that would make people want to part with their money?. I have no idea.
Any ideas that could be of help to me please?.
This skill is money man, do affiliate marketing with it.
Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by pansophist(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
iamadonis2:

Let’s analyze your experience: Money is not a god there. Unlike Nigeria where you have to worry about who’s making much more than you or made to feel like a non-living thing if you don’t have any.

If life can be much more than money...
If life can be about living your days out with nature but still being healthy and having great relationships.
If living can be about seeing the world at ease...

Then I want that!

Good point.

But but...... it's convenient to live in a place where people that look like you are part of the integral demography of the society. There are lots of countries that fit that criteria in Europe such as the UK, France, Ireland, Netherlands and if the Nordic countries is your thing, then Sweden will be the best option. Its the most immigrant friendly country in the nordics.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Edyice: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? Jesus doesn't exist! It is only in your brainwashed head. cheesy

This one done loss

Let me help you realize some fact grin
(It’s deep but I hope you get it)

You know how plant grow — we all know it’s from the ground . The sun help too abi . Biology called it photosynthesis grin

Hope you know it’s someone that creates the sun that helped you grow your plants.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by Roysnickz: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
Achz:
I learnt sports Arbing. Now, am into crypto(60% capable), am also learning Forex. I make a minimum of 8k on a daily basis with Sports Arbitrage alone without mentioning others.
Whaoh! I like that... it's encouraging.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by kokomilala(m): 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
Reading voraciously. Leaders are readers. I look at how Wole Soyinka moved out of his niche, literature, to other areas like African and global politics, cultural analysis, terrorism etc. He developed a wide-ranging view and catholic taste about life. Not only him: Winston Churchill, Mandela, Piccaso,Walter Benjamin,Benjamin Franklin, Janes Madison, Pandit Nehru, all great minds. If you don't read, study, research, you'll just be as plastic as that pure water waste out there. It's only a mind stretched from its original point that can't return to it.

7 Likes

Re: How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? by dslintegrated: 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
CharisEleos:
Now, this is what I've been meaning to share with anyone it may concern but I see most people don't like that line so I'm most times reluctant to share it. Glad this opportunity came up though.

This is/was how I developed myself to be able to survive the harsh economy that was hit by the global meltdown some years back and it has been my saving grace till today. At least to some extent compared to if I didn't take that bold step to develop myself.

Before the global meltdown, I was thriving in my profession as a secretary/ PA. After the meltdown, it became very difficult getting that nature of job and if I got it, is either I face sexual harraments and get laid off or settle for jobs that I didn't find fufilling due to the demanding nature or paywise.

I decided to go into teaching full-time but it was still demanding with meagre pay. That was when I decided to develop myself by going back to study a part-time subject so I can go into part-time teaching and be able to manage my time, job, spiritual and personal life effectively.

After that, I resigned from my full time job and started getting schools to teach on part-time and i charge what I was earning per month as a full timer then per school now and it's just once a week.

So, you can actually have 5 schools, or more but with more schools, you'll need extra hands and extra hands requires you pay but then it's still lucrative because if the extra hand is covering 5 schools x 30k that is 150 a month and you pay her 40k. You'll gain 110 a month from her side plus the 5 you are covering.

Now, even if you're the lazy type who just want to stick to your own or Maybe you're having a challenge getting good hands, you'll still thrive.

Schools are really looking for these part- time Teachers. Eg are

Phonetics
French
Yoruba.
Computer appreciation
Cursive and Nelson Writing

Now, I'm planning to go study french to add to what I already have. So I can also be both a French and Diction Instructor in the schools I work. God helping me.

If you want to train to be a certified phonics/ Diction Instructor, PM me. Ill train you for a token amount and you'll be awarded a certificate by a certified Academy. It's going to be an online training with audio.

The Lagos State ministry of education has finally included phonics and phonetics subjects to their curriculum. So the demand for phonics instructors will be high. Don't miss out.
And how do you want to be reached easily without dropping your contact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.