Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown (43335 Views)

Two Binance Executives Arrested, Detained In Crypto Crackdown / Bitcoin Falls Sharply After China Signals Cryptocurrency Crackdown / Dynamics Intelligence Shuts Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by pocohantas(f): 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
CuteMercury:
There is no need to hide your shame with a laughing emoji.
I know my truth cuts you down your soul as i am ever ready to give you gbas gbos anytime i feel like.
You are literally my bittch and i pummel your pvssy each time i feel like.

Remember you cheated on your ex boyfriend who is a nairalander with your boss and he actually caught you in an hotel with your boss.

Abeg, stop derailing this thread. Commot hand for loud and tramadol.

Goodnight

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Abeg, stop derailing this thread. Commot hand for loud and tramadol.

Goodnight
Why are you running?
I thought you have mouth.
You know If you provoke me, i will do more damage to you and you will have to spend the next few weeks cleaning up the mess by creating another food thread just by taking people's attention from the gbas gbos i gave to you.

I believe you already know who i am, so watch your next reply to me if you don't want me to give you sleepless night this evening.

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by chaloner(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2021
Julianaa:
Lol, I don't blame them

if you invested 1 million in bitcoin 2 months ago

You will have just 500,000 in your account now
what if you invested 1million last year?
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by pocohantas(f): 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2021
CuteMercury:
Why are you running?
I thought you have mouth.
You know If you provoke me, i will do more damage to you and you will have to spend the next few weeks cleaning up the mess by creating another food thread just by taking people's attention from the gbas gbos i gave to you.

I believe you already know who i am, so watch your next reply to me if you don't want me to give you sleepless night this evening.

Be provoked.
Create a thread.

We are all here for the vawulence. grin

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by grandstar(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Cryptocurrency and money laundering seem to be in bed together. Many computer geeks and aficionados love cryptotocurrencies because of its independence from the government instituted money's but that makes it a natural haven for criminal activity.

My faith in crypto is a bit weak until America says its here to stay and regulates it. No major economy or even any economy for that matter would be happy to be threatened by financial instruments it has no control over and capable of wreaking huge havoc on the economy.

Crypto is still a midget but in ten years time, may not be easily overlooked again. I expect more countries to restrain or ban crypto altogether.

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Be provoked.
Create a thread.

We are all here for the vawulence. grin
You see!!! I have started to make you restless already.
I thought you had gone to bed but how can you sleep well when you know i am currently giving you gbas gbos online.
There is no need for a thread my dear, be careful what you asked for.

How's is Alexander?
It didn't work it out for the two of you or he just chop your pvssy and go?

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by pocohantas(f): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
CuteMercury:
You see!!! I have started to make you restless already.
I thought you had gone to bed but how can you sleep well when you know i am currently giving you gbas gbos online.
There is no need for a thread my dear, be careful what you asked for.

How's is Alexander?
It didn't work it out for the two of you or he just chop your pvssy and go?

Dude, it is June 2021. Are we still on about me being a gold-digging evening newspaper and olosho?

Everybody knows that by now na. Abi you done see me deny am before? It is even on my profile. So? Create thread o, make this information dey in one place. I won’t like anybody to miss important info. grin

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Dude, it is June 2021. Are we still on about me being a gold-digging evening newspaper and olosho?

Everybody knows that by now na. Abi you done see me deny am before? It is even on my profile. So? Create thread o, make this information dey in one place. I won’t like anybody to miss important info. grin
I will create a thread but not today and it will be when you least expected, where it will hurt you the most and i will do it in such a way that you won't even be online and by the time you come back online, the damaged is done, you won't even see the thread because the mod would have deleted it but as long as you ain't aware to defend yourself.
My purpose is complete.

You said you are vile right? Oh well i am hell's keeper.

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by pocohantas(f): 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2021
CuteMercury:
I will create a thread but not today and it will be when you least expected, where it will hurt you the most and i will do it in such a way that you won't even be online and by the time you come back online, the damaged is done, you won't even see the thread because the mod would have deleted it but as long as you ain't aware to defend yourself.
My purpose is complete.

You said you are vile right? Oh well i am hell's keeper.

Heya. Please set reminder ehn. It won’t be good that one innocent guy will na see me and marry me, not knowing I have done olosho work across cuntinents.

Kai! cry

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Heya. Please set reminder ehn. It won’t be good that one innocent guy will na see me and marry me, not knowing I have done olosho work across cuntinents.

Kai! cry
Stop trying to play mind games, nobody is saying you are doing olosho across continent.
All i am saying is fact which have been proven to be right and they are:

You slept with your boss at work and he gave you a car.

You cheated on your ex boyfriend with your boss.

You slept with a male nairalander that came from Florida to NIGERIA.

Hmmm let me stop here.

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Kokaine(m): 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
I was complaining that my 165k turned to 58k.
Now it will even turn to minus something I don't even care to know. That was supposed to have been part of my wedding money oh. Later one person will come and be complaining that he didn't eat meat and the rice was too pepperish

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by pocohantas(f): 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
CuteMercury:
Stop trying to play mind games, nobody is saying you are doing olosho across continent.

Hmmm let me stop here.

You are very correct, but na olosho work be that sha. So we are saying the same thing. grin

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by neyyoh: 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
MrMcJay:
While crypto may be anonymous, firms offering crypto trading services cannot insist on on anonymity of parties to transactions. AML/CFT rules still apply in the jurisdictions you do business and if you want to stay in business, comply.

Another thing is that the founder of Binance is Chinese, lives in Taiwan. That alone can be a factor, considering international politics and interests.

100%

If this was Nigeria you guys will scream murder though.

Strange
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2021
pocohantas:

You are very correct, but na olosho work be that sha. So we are saying the same thing. grin
Go and sleep, we will meet again

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by AerialMapper: 12:12am On Jun 28, 2021
If we really mean to be unsensational, it is important to clarify that Binance has only been stopped from providing regulated activities ie providing security tokens and e-money tokens.

They have not been barred from providing exchange tokens.

Basically the FCA has classed crypto assets into three-

Security tokens, Exchange tokens and Utility token.

If the token you hold on Binance falls into the category which the UK considers regulated then it has stopped Binance from providing that.

No need to panic… simple. As for me, I only use my UK Binance account to move money into my UK account bypassing telex and high transfer charges by banks

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by SUPERPACK: 12:33am On Jun 28, 2021
Kokaine:
I was complaining that my 165k turned to 58k.
Now it will even turn to minus something I don't even care to know. That was supposed to have been part of my wedding money oh. Later one person will come and be complaining that he didn't eat meat and the rice was too pepperish
Remain calm this is a normal occurence in crypto, just remember that people sold btc when it dumped from $36 to $3 in year 2012 same people are now buying at $32k and regretting selling it. Look at the brighter picture, and know that even leaving that money in your bank account wont stop it from dipping because the dollar to naira exchange rate is still climbing.
Do you know I had #200k last year June and I splitted it into two equal part of 100k, I invested one in crypto and the second I left in my bank account. As at today the one in crypto suffered a –80% dip but I still have #400k as remaining balance.
While the one I left in my bank account is still losing value, I left 100k ($263) as at today same 100k is just remaining #100k ($196) due to dollar to naira devaluation and might go down to $150 soon. At the end I am still better of leaving it in crypto.
The goal is to be early in crypto and buy the bottom, sorry for what you are experiencing but it is temporary.

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Cleanworld(f): 12:56am On Jun 28, 2021
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Demmy1206(m): 1:13am On Jun 28, 2021

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by KrazyDave16(m): 1:14am On Jun 28, 2021
First off, Binance isn't banned in the UK, they aren't allowed to give some services to the UK citizens (take for example binance.us doesn't offer staking on some tokens but binance.com has that option).
Funny thing about this "ban" is their .uk site doesn't exist so technically, it's not a ban.

Though some banks restricting accounts used to trade and flagging crypto-related transactions but still them citizens still buying with their credit cards, albeit with daily limits set by the banking institutions they use compared to one country angry

Tl:dr - the ban means they only have to operate as an exchange (trading only), not offering services like staking, savings and the likes like the .us domain does, so y'all chill and stop spreading unnecessary FUD.

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by KrazyDave16(m): 1:15am On Jun 28, 2021
[quote author=Demmy1206 post=103152872][/quote]
This tweet y'all.
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by MrMcJay(m): 1:23am On Jun 28, 2021
neyyoh:

100%

If this was Nigeria you guys will scream murder though.

Strange

Nigeria is an abnormal society. The AGF who threatened to prosecute crypto dealers was exposed with a crypto app on his phone.
When we are talking about normal societies, don't bring Nigeria into the conversation.
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Realtalk20: 2:29am On Jun 28, 2021
Cousin9999:
Good.
Off course the northerners would be happy crypto is getting banned. The Northerners prefer we all remain in the stone age doing dallar dallar business and banning social media grin
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by omoadeleye(m): 2:39am On Jun 28, 2021
osamz007:
FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN

Any dip expected?

Yeah it's a negative news so consider a downtrend.
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by ofiko123(m): 3:54am On Jun 28, 2021
How does this cryptocurrency of a thing works..
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Toks2008(m): 4:36am On Jun 28, 2021
Mynd44:
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/financial-watchdog-orders-crypto-exchange-binance-stop-regulated-activities-uk-2021-06-27/

I read many comments here and i wonder if they ever read the piece before they commented.

Operators are only asked to register and be well regulated and i dont see any big deal in this.
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Toks2008(m): 4:38am On Jun 28, 2021
omoadeleye:

Yeah it's a negative news so consider a downtrend.

What is negative about the news? To me it is good news cos operators are urged to get regulated which is a nice move in the right direction.
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Kokaine(m): 6:32am On Jun 28, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Remain calm this is a normal occurence in crypto, just remember that people sold btc when it dumped from $36 to $3 in year 2012 same people are now buying at $32k and regretting selling it. Look at the brighter picture, and know that even leaving that money in your bank account wont stop it from dipping because the dollar to naira exchange rate is still climbing.
Do you know I had #200k last year June and I splitted it into two equal part of 100k, I invested one in crypto and the second I left in my bank account. As at today the one in crypto suffered a –80% dip but I still have #400k as remaining balance.
While the one I left in my bank account is still losing value, I left 100k ($263) as at today same 100k is just remaining #100k ($196) due to dollar to naira devaluation and might go down to $150 soon. At the end I am still better of leaving it in crypto.
The goal is to be early in crypto and buy the bottom, sorry for what you are experiencing but it is temporary.
wow. Thanks for the hope bro. But mine is dogecoin and tron. Not btc. I just need to forget about it altogether
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Kokaine(m): 6:43am On Jun 28, 2021
Please who will buy my safemoon coin. Its just 5k. I no longer want to invest it, all I want now is rice. Jollof and chicken. Please. Urgent sale!
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Okogiemikejr(m): 6:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Julianaa:
Lol, I don't blame them

if you invested 1 million in bitcoin 2 months ago

You will have just 500,000 in your account now
Is bitcoin two months old?get sense na

Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by MasonKendall(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2021
Some people are unbelievable. Dem ban binance for UK you say dip? Dip Gini?
Re: Britain Bans Binance's UK Operations In Latest Cryptocurrency Crackdown by Calitoscassius(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2021
CuteMercury:

Hmmm let me stop here.
Whaaat! shocked this holier than though pocohontas?

This one is proper gbas gbos! Abeg tell us more. So that we can be careful with her. Chai!

ECOWAS Adopts ECO As Name Of Single Currency / Trademark Registration in Nigeria / Bill Gates Celebrates His Dad On Father's Day, Says He's The Real 'Bill Gates'

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51