Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,938 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage (655 Views)

He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car. / Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? / Is It Better To Buy A Old Car With Low Mileage Or A Newer One With High Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by okpeho(m): 6:26am On Jun 28, 2021
Good morning all, i want to change my car and I saw a 6 months used Honda CRV 2004 model online going for #1.250m, according to the owner, he said the car was sent to him from Canada by the Aunty who happens to be the only user. The mileage is - 319,712.
My concern is the high mileage and also the price considering the mileage stated above.
Please, I need your honest opinions on what to do.

Cc: Gazzuzz
Nurey
Radautoworks
Luvinhubby
Heavenlybang
Adanny01
Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 28, 2021
the mileage is of great concern be wary.

2 Likes

Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by okpeho(m): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2021
Xiaomi1:
the mileage is of great concern be wary.

Ok, thank you. Pls I need more opinions sir/ma
Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by CarGuideNG: 6:59am On Jun 28, 2021
okpeho:
Good morning all, i want to change my car and I saw a 6 months used Honda CRV 2004 model online going for #1.250m, according to the owner, he said the car was sent to him from Canada by the Aunty who happens to be the only user. The mileage is - 319,712.
My concern is the high mileage and also the price considering the mileage stated above.

Canadian used vehicles typically have Km based odometers, in contrast to US market vehicles.

319,712 KM = 198,659 Miles

A 2004 CRV would be 17 years old in 2021

198,659 Miles is not unreasonable mileage for a 17 year old vehicle. It's actually far below the average mileage for a vehicle of that age.

There are other factors that would determine your decision, there is more to making a good purchase than just mileage.

Besides getting a more complete picture of the history records from Canada, physical inspection would be necessary, which would also include rust inspection.

2 Likes

Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2021
okpeho:

Nurey
Radautoworks
Luvinhubby
Heavenlybang
Adanny01

Mileage is fine, go under the car and check for rust, if not you will open another thread soon

5 Likes

Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by computerglobal(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2021
Contact us for comprehensive vin report &custom duty verification

Check our profile for contact details
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by radautoworks: 8:19am On Jun 28, 2021
okpeho:

Nurey
Radautoworks
Luvinhubby
Heavenlybang
Adanny01

High mileage IMO. The average in the US is 12,000 miles/ year. High mileage is 15,000 miles/ year.

So, on 2004 car, 17*15,000 is only 225,000 miles. Average would be 204,000 miles. That car is very high mileage.

EDIT: UNLESS the mileage you started is in km not miles in which case I would still be wary because you don't know if they were good or bad miles
Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by okpeho(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2021
Thank you everyone for your contributions, I have really learnt a lot from your wealth of experience. Now that the issue of mileage has been resolved, my question - is the 1.250m fair enough for the CRV because I will still have to fix the brake issue according to the owner, he said the brake is leaking oil from under the car.
Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Jun 28, 2021
okpeho:
Thank you everyone for your contributions, I have really learnt a lot from your wealth of experience. Now that the issue of mileage has been resolved, my question - is the 1.250m fair enough for the CRV because I will still have to fix the brake issue according to the owner, he said the brake is leaking oil from under the car .

Car is severely rusted, do not buy it.

2 Likes

Re: Advised Need On Buying A Car With High Mileage by okpeho(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Car is severely rusted, do not buy it.

Thank you so much baba, I am grateful

(1) (Reply)

TOKS 2007 RX 350 For SALE / Would You Buy These Suvs? Why? / C300 Vs Is250 2008-2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.