Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Help With A Long Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help With A Long Distance Relationship (1118 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With A Long Distance Relationship by LadyGodiva(f): 4:56am On Jul 16, 2007
I met my bf when I went on vacation to Naija.
When he asked me out, we decided to just see how a long distance relationship could work out.
I've had a ldr before, and it wasn't bad because he was in the US and I live in Canada, we were always talking online and of course talking on phone was really easy.
At the beginning of this one we were always talking, I was rushing out to buy phone cards, etc. Now I'm realising just how hard it is. He's barely ever online, phone cards hardly give us any time, and the lines are so bad that I spend half the time saying "HUH?" I don'y know when I'm going to be back in Naija, and I don't think it'll be for quite some years.
I really like him so this is quite frustrating. We've been together for about 2 months now, and I'm graduating from my first degree next year. I'm 20 and he's 23.
Also. he is my dad's best friend's nephew, so because of the close family relationship, I'm trying to handle this with care.
Nairalanders? what should a sista do?
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 16, 2007
only 2 months and you are already complaining? grin
You're still young and knowing women you're getting set to move on to someone else. Break his heart gently o.
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by k0be: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2007
yup. you can't be too sure with women, they're always confused. that's one particular devilish flaw their emotions dump on them.
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by daprince: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2007
Long distance relationships are freaking difficult, just go ahead and end it. If u really like him and are ready for the hassle that comes with this kind of relationship, then give it a shot. But the truth is, u are just 20 and still got a whole lotta life ahead of u, let u guys just remain friends while u explore other options. Canada could get really cold, and u are gonna need some warmth that he ain't got long enough arms that could stretch from naija to Canada. By the way girl, how do u plan on making the relationship work?
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by johnnygan(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2007
lol. Long distances needs less pace. You are forward girl. You know notta yet. Besides its seems you're inexperienced. Just slow the rhythm heh. For the time you've devoted so far, i'll suggest you gotta carry on with the relationship but without rush. In long distances, you need 100% patience and concentration. lol, i dun mean concentration on your guy. I mean concentration on whatever you do. For instance, study, work and so on. If its gonna work out, it'll work out.
I wish ya the best.
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by karlken(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2007
@poter!Diatance aint no barrier but ? here is what do want in a r/ship at 20?.Ur still yong and have got plenty of time to know men.Keep in touch while working out a career 4 urself! wink wink
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by LadyGodiva(f): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2007
lol please o i'm not trying to break his heart!
I like him a lot so i want it to work. Of course I'm concentrating on things like working out a career for myself etc. It will just be sad if the relationships dissolves,

i'm willing to do what i have to do, but some of it can't be done it seems sad
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by francessby(f): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2008
Do whatever your heart tells you to do
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by kokoye(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2008
Lady,

seems like you really care for this person, nice.

the money you spend on cards wont killl you , it's a sacrifice as long as you want him.

you're young and therefore not under pressure, dont be discouraged.

ask urself these questions:

, are you sure he's not fooling you?? cos I have done it b4 , messed with a lot of girls i met online while i was working in naija and all of them thot i really wanted them.

, what does he do, is he doing pretty well in naija or would not mind leaving? if he's doing well, do u mind joining him after school?

, are you able to get him to join you incase he wants to?

I am only encouraging you because you said you want it to work , if not, then you know what to do.

good luck.
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by rubi(f): 2:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Topic My question is the way you hold him in high esteem does he hold you in high esteem like that if the answer is yes, then follow your heart because
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by snoop4real: 11:42am On Jul 08, 2008
Godiva hm,
i feel the ratio of men to women in the world naija in particular is high maybe 5 : 0.5
wateva u see in him is in someone else im no come world different.

maybe nature just made it dat way for u too to part ways.

keep searching for replacement maybe in google.com or even here
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by spikedcylinder: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2008
Godiva(from your name, i suspect you like chocolates!)
@ topic, Does he like living in Naija? Have you viewed the possibilty of him moving? Or vice versa?
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by tRoOE(f): 3:20am On Jul 10, 2008
na wa o just 2 months and you have started complaining shocked shocked, best advice, break up with him jare, it's obvious phone cards/money are going to be issues
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by debosky(m): 3:30am On Jul 10, 2008
whats up with so many anal retentive people joining nairaland now

you're young, you want to have a real relationship, this long distance thing won't work - Romantic at the beginning but too much hard work for you I think. Let him off gently, its just too stressful for some people to handle.
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by chi21: 3:32am On Jul 10, 2008
debosky:

whats up with so many anal retentive people joining nairaland now

you're young, you want to have a real relationship, this long distance thing won't work - Romantic at the beginning but too much hard work for you I think. Let him off gently, its just too stressful for some people to handle.

A patient dog eats the fattest bone
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by GoldFinch(m): 4:21am On Jul 10, 2008
Hope it works out wink
Re: Help With A Long Distance Relationship by Gabry(f): 4:29am On Jul 10, 2008
If I were you , just let it be. If you two were faited to be together, there will always be a will and a way for you two to be together whether if theres war or the end of the world. Its always like that. If he is not meant for you, than he wont be. You will find your dream guy eventually whether if its him or not him so just live your life like every other day and the normal way and to the fullest.

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Trouble Oo! / Please Help. I Am Engaged But In Love With Someone Else. / Romance! Has Nigerians Become A Global Laughing Stock ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.