Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant (968 Views)

Dino Melaye Meets PDP Delegates From Kogi Central, East And West (Photos) / Atiku Hosts Maduka In Abuja Ahead Of Anambra PDP Primaries (Video, Pics) / Ajimobi Allegedly 'duped' 20,000 Students In Name Of Bursary – Oyo Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by Njokuobinna(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
ANAMBRA PDP DELEGATES ALLEGEDLY DUBBED BILLIONAIRE MEDICAL DOCTOR AND ASPIRANT DURING GOVERNORSHIP PRIMARIES .

Anambra: US-Based Medical Doctor sweats as campaign coordinators run away with N225m meant for delegates during primaries

For billionaire governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Godwin Maduka, yesterday, Saturday, June 26, 2021, was a day he will never forget, as 10 of his campaign coordinators allegedly absconded with his $450,000 (about N225 million) during the Anambra governorship primary election held at the Dora Akunyili Women Development Centre in Awka, the state capital.

An eye-witness at the scene of the PDP guber primary said the America-based medical doctor-turned-politician had earmarked the money for wooing of the super delegates from each of the 21 local government areas of the state.

The source said: “About 10 of his staff reportedly collected the cash from him at the hotel where he was lodging and became unreachable later on.

“Lion (Dr Maduka) is fuming right now. Some of his guys just disappeared into thin air with his money. I think they see it as their only chance to get anything out of Maduka.

“I believe they acted because things are not looking good for him as he does not have the required delegates to swing the primary in his favour.

“They must have connived to run away with the money because their numbers have been switched off.”

Other sources confirmed that Maduka was seen at the event ground at about 5.17 p.m. pacing up and down on the phone and screaming at anybody who approached him.

Dr Maduka eventually got only 5 votes during the election won by technocrat Valentine Ozigbo with 62 votes. (News Express).

4thestateteporters.com

Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by Xscape1993(m): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2021
I don't know why PDP likes making graven mistakes.
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by ArewaWife(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
Alex hope no be you carry the money go.

Abi na nairaland campaign coordinator you be?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by fourboys: 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by Deborah98(f): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
I felt bad seeing the man rigged out... Don't know why I'm feeling for him sef maybe because he's widely loved and accepted by the people but this their primaries get as e be swears....
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by centoke30(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2021
Na so TA orji do Alex Otti and Uche Ogar for my state that year grin
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by sweetshisha: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
Typical PDP... Tax collector party
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by Pravedk: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
Eya!
These guys wan chop this one die

Nigerian politics is not for the faint hearted

I would rather be a mayor in a village in US than this shithole
E go be ✌️
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
Lol
Maduka is too dull for politics

and didn't play his game well

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by hammer3x: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
DR MADUKA SHOULD MOVE TO APGA.

WE HIS SUPPORTERS WANT HIM IN APGA.

WE ASKED SOLUDO TO MOVE AND HE IS ABOUT TO BE GOVERNOR.

SOLUDO, NEEDED THIS BREAK AND HAD MADUKA WON PDP TICKET, HE WOULD HAVE CONSTITUTED A MAJOR PROBLEM TO SOLUDO AND APGA.

AS IT STANDS NOW, APGA NOBODY CAN STOP APGA AND SOLUDO.

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by TotoGame(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
I really felt bad cus of what happened to Dr. Maduka

He thought Anambra politicians plays gentleman politics... Anambra politics na pure street

He learnt his lesson sha

1 Like

Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by hammer3x: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2021
TotoGame:
I really felt bad cus of what happened to Dr. Maduka

He thought Anambra politicians plays gentleman politics... Anambra politics na pure street

He learnt his lesson sha

THE GAME FROM THE START WAS TO DENY DR MADUKA PDP TICKET.

EVERYBODY KNEW HE WAS A THREAT TO SOLUDO AND APGA.

MYSELF AND DISCUSSED IT ON THE ANAMBRA THREAD LAST YEAR.

SO WHEN THEY DENIED HIM THE TICKET, I WAS NOT SURPRISED.
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by TotoGame(m): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
hammer3x:

THE GAME FROM THE START WAS TO DENY DR MADUKA PDP TICKET.

EVERYBODY KNEW HE WAS A THREAT TO SOLUDO AND APGA.

MYSELF AND DISCUSSED IT ON THE ANAMBRA THREAD LAST YEAR.

SO WHEN THEY DENIED HIM THE TICKET, I WAS NOT SURPRISED.

Who and who planed the stuff??

To the best of my knowledge.....I think this is just his fate

Cus if the delegates from each ward were allowed to vote.....I'm sure Dr maduka would have won

Secondly, hoodlums made away with the money he was supposed to share to the party stake holders.....mind you val ozigbo shared millions for him to win the election
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by nzeobi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2021
The man doesn't have good political advisers, ararume started spending as much as 3 million per delegate in IMO State as far back as 2007.

But before he gives you the money, you will have to take an oat.

Nigerian politics na dog eat dog
Re: Anambra PDP Delegates Allegedly Duped Billionaire Medical Doctor And Aspirant by Capitalpunisher: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
I talk am.

Yes i talked it

(1) (Reply)

Police Lied, Zamfara Bandits Overpowered, Killed Security Operatives – NSCDC / 2023 Presidential Election: Who Among These Two Would Win? / Medical Trips: Buhari Under Fire For ‘Causing Confusion’ In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.